Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Not sure what to do with my barb. Once you get into hell/inferno all youre doing is kiting mobs until your heals are up. You really have no time to do damage and everything one shots you. Im speced defensively and have a shield and 45k hp but I cant tank anything its kind of stupid.

sounds like you need to farm up some gear before moving on.
 
Not sure what to do with my barb. Once you get into hell/inferno all youre doing is kiting mobs until your heals are up. You really have no time to do damage and everything one shots you. Im speced defensively and have a shield and 45k hp but I cant tank anything its kind of stupid.

Keep in mind, if youre playing solo, you are doing it wrong.

People forget I guess, but this isnt meant to be a solo game per say. You arnt meant to be able to necessarily solo everyone in every difficulty. You need teammates.
 
sounds like you need to farm up some gear before moving on.

Or play in groups. It's just not a single player game. The breadth of the game is multiplayer, and it really shines there. Single player is just so generic and...anti-social.
 
Been playing with the fiance and we're having a good times. I have 3 characters and they are all pretty low level unfortunately.
 
Keep in mind, if youre playing solo, you are doing it wrong.

People forget I guess, but this isnt meant to be a solo game per say. You arnt meant to be able to necessarily solo everyone in every difficulty. You need teammates.

I play between 2-4 people at all times. Soloing would be a train wreck. We can kill shit the idea of the class is just stupid.

Barbs provide very little when it comes to doing shit in Inferno. I have 40k hp and get 1 shot from mobs. If I cant run in and hit it I cant do anything to help other then ranged stun and kite mobs. I kite stun and hit mobs when my cds are up.. any other time im either chain dying or running for my life while the ranged kill them.
 
Not really done much these last few days but played this game, what is with all the hate on the interwebs on this game jeesh. Apart from some ping issues i think its a hell of alot of fun.

i see it got a metacritic score of 3.6 and tonnes of hate articles

Yeah, there's another thread about it in general gaming. Pretty stupid, just haters hatin about the launch day issues.

Yeah, as someone said above, the eyefinity with SC2 is TOTALLY different just because that is such a competitive game where seconds and single clicks matter and of course the e sport scene.

SC2 is also different in that if you had the screen real estate that was better than your opponent you would be at a great advantage. Since its an esport, it has to be restricted.

Yeah that's what I was implying from my post above. Because it's so competitive, one person can't have more vision. I'm glad they banned that personally since I play that game a lot.
 
I play between 2-4 people at all times. Soloing would be a train wreck. We can kill shit the idea of the class is just stupid.

Barbs provide very little when it comes to doing shit in Inferno. I have 40k hp and get 1 shot from mobs. If I cant run in and hit it I cant do anything to help other then ranged stun and kite mobs. I kite stun and hit mobs when my cds are up.. any other time im either chain dying or running for my life while the ranged kill them.

You know this is exactly how I felt in GW2 using a warrior. I personally love melee classes, but when it gets to this point, it just feels like the combat is somehow flawed. Ranged and melee should be balanced in this respect but not sure how to do it. Dodge buff?, hp buff?
 
Keep in mind, if youre playing solo, you are doing it wrong.

People forget I guess, but this isnt meant to be a solo game per say. You arnt meant to be able to necessarily solo everyone in every difficulty. You need teammates.


no.. its been stated multiple times the game is completely soloable. even inferno. yes its really a multiplayer game I prefer 2 - 3 people but Jay wilson and other developers have made it clear the game is perfectly beatable solo. He is probably undergeared or doing something wrong. considering hes a barb thats getting one shotted hes probably undergeared for whatever hes doing.
 
no.. its been stated multiple times the game is completely soloable. even inferno. yes its really a multiplayer game I prefer 2 - 3 people but Jay wilson and other developers have made it clear the game is perfectly beatable solo. He is probably undergeared or doing something wrong. considering hes a barb thats getting one shotted hes probably undergeared for whatever hes doing.

Its called inferno :) enjoy it when you get there lol
 
there are people clearing inferno solo too my dude. passed the butcher

most of them are ranged classes and most of them skip through all of the content and skip champions/rares which are the problem. The bosses themselves are easy compared to the yellow/blue mobs "dude".
 
most of them are ranged classes and most of them skip through all of the content and skip champions/rares which are the problem. The bosses themselves are easy compared to the yellow/blue mobs "dude".

Yup... seems champions and elites are a real show stopper in inferno.
 
just get an over powered ass monk to tank for you... retarded how strong monks are.

After everything's said and done, i'd have to say this is my biggest complaint with the game... the group balance. I think if you were playing solo, the game would be very balanced and you'd need to spend time on your gear and coudln't progress unless you were good enough.

With a monk or barb tank, you don't have to do anything and just rush through the game until you're so far ahead you're getting one-shot whenever you pull agro.

I just wish they had some sort of gear-check or challenge to their play too. they just roll everything.

Keep in mind, if youre playing solo, you are doing it wrong.

People forget I guess, but this isnt meant to be a solo game per say. You arnt meant to be able to necessarily solo everyone in every difficulty. You need teammates.

Or play in groups. It's just not a single player game. The breadth of the game is multiplayer, and it really shines there. Single player is just so generic and...anti-social.

It's been my experience that solo play is more thoughtful, less zergy... team play is way more boring.
 
Last edited:
After everything's said and done, i'd have to say this is my biggest complaint with the game... the group balance. I think if you were playing solo, the game would be very balanced and you'd need to spend time on your gear and coudln't progress unless you were good enough.

With a monk or barb tank, you don't have to do anything and just rush through the game until you're so far ahead you're getting one-shot whenever you pull agro.

I just wish they had some sort of gear-check or challenge to their play too. they just roll everything.





It's been my experience that solo play is more thoughtful, less zergy... team play is way more boring.


Ahh. Well in my experience, I only play with 2-3 of the same people, and we take it nice and slow. If someone levels, we take a quick 30 sec or so break to check abilities, when we get a bunch of loot drops, we look it all over, and share what we got with each other if it's an upgrade. No point in rushing. Lot of communication/random talking, lot of listening to the books that drop.

Playing this game solo, to me, is like being stuck in purgatory.
 
Ahh. Well in my experience, I only play with 2-3 of the same people, and we take it nice and slow. If someone levels, we take a quick 30 sec or so break to check abilities, when we get a bunch of loot drops, we look it all over, and share what we got with each other if it's an upgrade. No point in rushing. Lot of communication/random talking, lot of listening to the books that drop.

Playing this game solo, to me, is like being stuck in purgatory.

I wish my group was like that. They're hardcore D2 players though, and so they just want to get to the endgame where the "loot matters"...

So I've gotten bits and pieces of the story but plan on enjoying it in its entirety when i roll an alt, and while playing alone.
 
It's hard to gauge just how good your gear has to be for hell/inferno. My wizard and my ranger friend are about about 7k DPS on the character screen but we have no idea if that's actually a good enough number or not or if that's where our gear should be. It's also hard to stack MF when you need gear that has your primary stats to survive or I'm just unlucky with my current drops lol.

Also, I feel like Monks are required for team play in the higher difficulties. They make things SO much easier.

Also, can't wait to hit lvl 56 for Mammoth Hydra. Poison hydra is retarded strong so I think the mammoth one will be even stronger, and I can use a passive with it too!
 
My impression from interviews with Jay Wilson is that the higher difficulty levels also become more dependent on using your skills in combo's ... and possibly with the right rune modifiers ... the ability to survive one shot kills is definitely a gear problem most likely ... folks might have to sacrifice MF or GF gear for vitality modifiers ... but I am just guessing ... I am just starting Act 2 normal with my Barb and I will be out of town all next week so won't get too much gameplay in this weekend before I leave ... I plan to cocoon up Memorial Day weekend though and really push through some more of the story
 
re: Stats- Armor vs Vitality

Which matters more? I mean, sure having more life is nice, but if everything gets through who cares... and vice versa, if you have crazy armor, but anything that does get past halves your health...
 
It's hard to gauge just how good your gear has to be for hell/inferno. My wizard and my ranger friend are about about 7k DPS on the character screen but we have no idea if that's actually a good enough number or not or if that's where our gear should be. It's also hard to stack MF when you need gear that has your primary stats to survive or I'm just unlucky with my current drops lol.

Also, I feel like Monks are required for team play in the higher difficulties. They make things SO much easier.

Also, can't wait to hit lvl 56 for Mammoth Hydra. Poison hydra is retarded strong so I think the mammoth one will be even stronger, and I can use a passive with it too!

dude try using familiar and magic weapon and watch your dps sky rocket :D

Monks need a nerf badly.
 
I wish my group was like that. They're hardcore D2 players though, and so they just want to get to the endgame where the "loot matters"...

So I've gotten bits and pieces of the story but plan on enjoying it in its entirety when i roll an alt, and while playing alone.


You're welcome to play with us man. We're 23 at the moment, but we'll be rolling different characters soon enough. No zerging/judging going around here. I've got a mumble server we use as well.
 
I'm running a 6870 with 12.1 (if it ain't broke don't update =P) and I haven't seen a hitch outside of network. Running everything at max and I've never seen a framerate drop.
.

huh, im also running 12.1 with everything maxes at 1920x1200
 
re: Stats- Armor vs Vitality

Which matters more? I mean, sure having more life is nice, but if everything gets through who cares... and vice versa, if you have crazy armor, but anything that does get past halves your health...

You need a balance. The more health you have the more armor matters, the more armor you have the more health matters. You have to think of it as effective health instead of two seperate pieces. If you have 30% damage reduction with your armor and you have 1000 HP then your effective health is 1430 (1000/.7). You go up to 2000 HP it's 2860 EHP vs going to 40% DR which would only be 1666 EHP. It gets more complex with resistances but I hope that gets the general idea out there. You can't just stack straight armor as there's diminishing returns so you can never hit 100% DR.
 
Made it to act 2 last night. Playing with a party of 4. Can't wait to marathon it over the weekend.
 
Quick question guys. How to determine which items the artisan will salvage?

dude try using familiar and magic weapon and watch your dps sky rocket :D

Monks need a nerf badly.

I actually am using both to hit that number :p

It's pretty funny that everything I find in Hell in terms of weapons is an upgrade for me. So my wizard always ends up using random weapons. Right now I'm using a Bow that has like 292 dmg :D:cool:
 
You're welcome to play with us man. We're 23 at the moment, but we'll be rolling different characters soon enough. No zerging/judging going around here. I've got a mumble server we use as well.

Sounds good. They had their 'endgame' builds already picked out weeks in advance with the calculators, so they even QQ at me when i ding to look at new moves :eek:

dude try using familiar and magic weapon and watch your dps sky rocket :D

Monks need a nerf badly.

Magic weapon confused me. Turning it on did not seem to effect my dps number, so i assumed it just helps when you run out of your resource??? :confused:
 
Sounds good. They had their 'endgame' builds already picked out weeks in advance with the calculators, so they even QQ at me when i ding to look at new moves :eek:


Ahaha, we won't do that at all. We take it slow as hell. Well, maybe not that slow, but very reasonably slow, where you'll get to listen to everything and see EVERY part of a new area. We're also very generous with loot drops, we share everything at all times. Rares, legendaries, if you can use it, you get it. We expect the same in return.

Send me a PM if you want mumble info/to join us. As long as you're not like, a 13 year old, we'll get along fine. :p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good. They had their 'endgame' builds already picked out weeks in advance with the calculators, so they even QQ at me when i ding to look at new moves :eek:



Magic weapon confused me. Turning it on did not seem to effect my dps number, so i assumed it just helps when you run out of your resource??? :confused:

It should. Shows up for me.
 
Would love to join some of you guys. I played D2 back in the day.

I was never ultra hardcore but I'm interested in going that route this time around.

accelerus@gmail.com is my email to search for -- i'd give my battetag but I'm at work right now and can't look it up.
 
Noob question: What do the attributes actually offer you?

Like, as a monk, what does boosting my intelligence offer me? Nothing?
 
Would love to join some of you guys. I played D2 back in the day.

I was never ultra hardcore but I'm interested in going that route this time around.

[] is my email to search for -- i'd give my battetag but I'm at work right now and can't look it up.

Probably want to edit out your email, lest the forum crawlers use it for spam :p
(Ask people to PM or whatever)
 
This day will not end. I just want to go home and play some Diablo. Alas, that is likely not going to happen.
 
This day will not end. I just want to go home and play some Diablo. Alas, that is likely not going to happen.

haha, me too.

Despite the criticism this game has received, it's been a long time since i've this excited to get home from work to play any game.
 
Back
Top