Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Sounds good. They had their 'endgame' builds already picked out weeks in advance with the calculators, so they even QQ at me when i ding to look at new moves :eek:

I'm the opposite. I have no clue what I'm going to use until I try it out and see if I like it. Also, my friends and I went off on each other for skipping the quest dialogue the first couple times on accident and now we just sit there quietly and let it play out. :D

I played through the guest pass on a couple of toons now, and I think I'm going to hold off at least a month or so before jumping in. I want to see how the auction house shapes up and how pvp turns out...hopefully if it gets implemented that is.

Have really only had a few hours to play recently so not very far but if anyone is interested look me up via battle tag fizzypalefac#1915. Only playing normal right now and just playing to enjoy the game/loot..

I'm curious about the auction house.

Are the gold/money auction houses running yet? Has anybody here sold (or attempted to sell) anything for real money yet?

I can't decide on demon hunter or monk as my first toon. Both get leveled pretty equally. My monk hit 34 today. Demon hunter is 31. Both are in NM.

I'm curious about the auction house.

Are the gold/money auction houses running yet? Has anybody here sold (or attempted to sell) anything for real money yet?

Gold AH is up, however for some reason I wasn't able to get any items to actually display. I did post up a few rares to sell. My friend on at the same time had no problem pulling up items, no idea what the problem was.

Gold AH is up, however for some reason I wasn't able to get any items to actually display. I did post up a few rares to sell. My friend on at the same time had no problem pulling up items, no idea what the problem was.

It's been a cluster-F since day one.

First, there is a 10 item limit for some reason. Not cool, since near the end of Act III, i was chocked full of yellows and nothing to do with them, fully expanded stash too.

Second, Most idiots don't put a buyout price. This makes searching, buying and filtering REALLY hard.

Third, there is an influx of what is clearly Chinese gold farming. I mean, the same orange gear listed 20 times for a whole spectrum of prices, but all starting around the same date and time? Looks like someone is trying to find a price sweet spot.

Fourth, The interface sucks and is terribly slow. I hate paginated stuff like this, as opposed to a long scrolling list.

Finally, the search doesn't work right. Say I see something I like, and want to see more like it, so I type in some of its stats into a filter. I hit search and NOTHING, not even that original piece, comes up. Also, the pages and recipes page makes no sense. Also, you can't filter your search in a way taht visually makes sense. Let's say I want to view armor that gives a + to Int. I cannot order the list by that bonus. I hope a mod comes out like Auctioneer back in WoW. (do they still use/allow that?)

Once the real money house launches, I'll give it a shot, but I think it's going to be a trainwreck.

I kind of agree. The auction house is not easy to search or navigate. Whos gonna sit there just scrolling through pages of crap. They need to organize into pages or something. Searching is pretty terrible, theres a whole plethora of options. Thats great if you know exactly what you want but.....

Not to change the subject, but damn this game is difficult and not in a way that invovles skill at all. Beating normal wasnt too hard, but first act of NM is like, at least twice as hard. This is not how Diablo2 worked at all. The game is only difficult in a "gear check" sort of way, not really anything that takes strategy or skill. I hope Blizzard can fix some of the issues. The game is fun but damn, I can see why a lot of people have complaints about it.

The AH servers are pretty much just as overloaded as the login servers were at launch, and I feel like we are beta-testing with the gold AH in prep for the RMAH launch. It is very poorly designed as Modred said, and enormously lacking in search features (and the ones it has are poor/uncustomizable/just don't work)

Looks like I'll be having to shelve this one until I upgrade my rig. On my QX6700 at 3.2 Ghz / GTX 470 combo I cannot get over 15 FPS with all details on low or off. This is with no AA and V-Synch off. I had no idea the game would be this demanding of hardware. :(

So much for my plans of having a D3 weekend.

Looks like I'll be having to shelve this one until I upgrade my rig. On my QX6700 at 3.2 Ghz / GTX 470 combo I cannot get over 15 FPS with all details on low or off. This is with no AA and V-Synch off. I had no idea the game would be this demanding of hardware. :(

vsync off is your problem.. i have i5 2500k and a 570 and without vsync this game can get to like the 20s... idk if its poor design or bad optimization or what but trust me your machine can run this game max with 60 fps. Keep trying... try forcing vsync using nvidia control panel and fiddle with your max foreground settings I have noticed it has a huge impact on fps I had lowered mine to 60 and had major problems

Did we ever decide if that post processing sharpening/darkening filter was a bannable offense?

vsync off is your problem.. i have i5 2500k and a 570 and without vsync this game can get to like the 20s... idk if its poor design or bad optimization or what but trust me your machine can run this game max with 60 fps. Keep trying... try forcing vsync using nvidia control panel and fiddle with your max foreground settings I have noticed it has a huge impact on fps I had lowered mine to 60 and had major problems
DIII runs on my M11x r1 (Pentium Dual core and a G335.), so it's not the game.
I am running a GTX470 and I have everything maxed. First and foremost go get the beta drivers (301.24). Disable vsync and enable adaptive vsync via the control panel. You should be able to max everything.

The AH is awesome. I bought 12 vendor rings for ~8k and sold them all for 50k each. Should have bought 100 if I knew they would sell so easily.

Not to change the subject, but damn this game is difficult and not in a way that invovles skill at all. Beating normal wasnt too hard, but first act of NM is like, at least twice as hard. This is not how Diablo2 worked at all. The game is only difficult in a "gear check" sort of way, not really anything that takes strategy or skill. I hope Blizzard can fix some of the issues. The game is fun but damn, I can see why a lot of people have complaints about it.

What strategy was ever involved in D2?

If anything I thought Nightmare was a bit too easy. Hell is much better though and my buddy and I had a tough time with The Butcher.

Some people are just way too picky about gear. There are many factors that affect your overall damage, not just your main stat.

Those who have low fps with nvidia hardware go to nvidia control panel and let the power setting to maximum.

The clock on my GTX 680 jumps like crazy and cause stutter.

Strange. I think something is wrong with your system. I run the game with all settings maxed out on a lowly c2d e8400, GTX 460, and 4 gigs of ram. Nothing is over clocked.

I think there is something seriously wrong with your PC. This game will run smoothly on an Athlon 2. http://kotaku.com/5911522/which-pc-hardware-works-best-with-diablo-iii

Anyone know what level you have to be to start act II nightmare. Beat act 1 today on nitemare with a group, left the game and when I got on later it put me back on the spider queen quest in act 1.

I'm like level 38 and it didn't let me goto it in other peoples games. I can start my own I guess though.

you cant skip ahead in the story, gotta start over in NM 38 you'll whip through the first two acts super fast.

I am running it on an e6850 @ 3.6 with a radeon 6850 everything on high (cept shadows on medium) with AA and vsync on @ 1920x1200 and it's totally smooth... So maybe try and reload your video drivers?

DIII runs on my M11x r1 (Pentium Dual core and a G335.), so it's not the game.
I am running a GTX470 and I have everything maxed. First and foremost go get the beta drivers (301.24). Disable vsync and enable adaptive vsync via the control panel. You should be able to max everything.

good idea... also the person who said mess with the max foreground fps was right.. I lowered mine to 60 and got all kinds of stutter.. leaving that at 150 seems to work great.

Last edited:
you cant skip ahead in the story, gotta start over in NM 38 you'll whip through the first two acts super fast.

That's the thing I didn't I did the spider queen 3 times. Once my group went all the way up to and killed the butcher. Even travelled to act 2.

Anyone know what level you have to be to start act II nightmare. Beat act 1 today on nitemare with a group, left the game and when I got on later it put me back on the spider queen quest in act 1.

I believe 25 is the actual minimum level for NM.

Also, i've had the exact opposite experience: I left a group to go to bed. Then joined back up with them the next day and the game caught me up to where they were. I believe the last 2 checkpoints of act 1 and the first few in act 2 were given to me.

I believe 25 is the actual minimum level for NM.

Also, i've had the exact opposite experience: I left a group to go to bed. Then joined back up with them the next day and the game caught me up to where they were. I believe the last 2 checkpoints of act 1 and the first few in act 2 were given to me.

was the game still active when you joined on them? like did you hit resume game? I wonder how this works :O

I"m on a Q6600 with a 5850 and I'm playing the game maxed out at 60+ FPS. Also, most all other new games run on high with this computer and run fantastic. No need to upgrade your computer, the industry has slowed down.

was the game still active when you joined on them? like did you hit resume game? I wonder how this works :O

I did a quick-join with them, i'm really not sure if they were in the same exact game that i left or not. I suppose it's possible, as it was launch day morning.

ok so this is why I dont like a single player game that requires a constant internet connection...

LAG

I was getting fucking lag in a single player game....To the point i would move and then warp backward about a second or two in time.

That is just ridiculous....

I think when join someone's game, you lose your previous checkpoints and continue from their progress. However, you can go back to your progress from the main menu, but it doesn't have every checkpoint available. I think it just has saves from the start of quests.

You can also jump ahead of your natural progression by joining a game that's ahead of you and "steal" the save data. I had my bro join a game in Act 3 NM when his current progress was Act 2. He was also able to make a game for Act 3 since some of my progress was saved to his character.

I think when join someone's game, you lose your previous checkpoints and continue from their progress. However, you can go back to your progress from the main menu, but it doesn't have every checkpoint available. I think it just has saves from the start of quests.

You can also jump ahead of your natural progression by joining a game that's ahead of you and "steal" the save data. I had my bro join a game in Act 3 NM when his current progress was Act 2. He was also able to make a game for Act 3 since some of my progress was saved to his character.

That's exactly what happened to me. It was my first playthrough and i was disappointed the game let me skip the end boss of Act 1.

Can't fault them for trying to make the multiplayer seamless though.

Back