Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Gorilla

Supreme [H]ardness
The addition of seasons has brought some life to D3 for me. The ability to get a class set without having to grind gives a reason to play a new character with a new build.

DogsofJune

2[H]4U
I quit D3 for awhile, but have been dabbling with a Necro in the latest season. It passes the time till POE Harvest ends.

Thought about loading up D2 for a bit maybe.

mope54

Supreme [H]ardness
This game still relevant? I haven't played in probably two years. Path of Exile gets...tiresome. Running three monitors for trading, the game itself, and Path of Building following a build. Could kind of use a game that's a simpler grind while I can have a movie on or something.
Grim Dawn

also goes on sale frequently for like $5, though all the expansions are worththe price and best I’ve seen them is 20% off. Still receives updates on occasion. It’s a good balance between D3 and POE. Devs come from Titan Quest and Blizzard North.

Westwood

Supreme [H]ardness
Grim Dawn

also goes on sale frequently for like $5, though all the expansions are worththe price and best I’ve seen them is 20% off. Still receives updates on occasion. It’s a good balance between D3 and POE. Devs come from Titan Quest and Blizzard North.
Tried it. Played for a bit. For whatever reason, didn't stick. I go back to it now and then.

horrorshow

Supreme [H]ardness
Tried it. Played for a bit. For whatever reason, didn't stick. I go back to it now and then.

The "big 3" are still Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, and Path of Exile.

Warhammer 40k Martyr is "okayyyy" but doesn't come close to touching the three mentioned above.

- There's a ton of fantastic mods for Grim Dawn now -
Everyone should look up these two: Reign of Terror(Diablo 2 completely re-done super legit) and Dawn of Masteries.

Westwood

Supreme [H]ardness
Yea, I've played a bit of the D2 remastered bit from Grim Dawn. Maybe I'll try that again. For wahtever reason, I never really got Grim Dawn to stick. Iunno, can't explain it.

FlawleZ

[H]ard|Gawd
The idea of playing Diablo on a console with a controller just seems backwards to me. Would feel as natural as using a joystick or steering wheel. Maybe I'm old school. To each their own I guess.

Westwood

Supreme [H]ardness
The idea of playing Diablo on a console with a controller just seems backwards to me. Would feel as natural as using a joystick or steering wheel. Maybe I'm old school. To each their own I guess.
Right? Path of Exile on a PS controller just doesn't make any sense either.

horrorshow

Supreme [H]ardness

As an example, Grim Dawn has Xbox One controller support (in prep for the Xbox release, whenever that is...)

It plays surprisingly well. I had fun fiddling-around on the living room TV etc.

Is it equivalent to a KB/M? Tskkk good luck doing Shattered Realm / Crucible runs with a controller, lemme tell ya..

Westwood

Supreme [H]ardness
So, apparentl Season 21 is about to end? SHould I even bother with doing the season?

mr_zen256

2[H]4U
What ever happened to the supposed D2 remake / remaster? I heard that was on the cards months ago but *poof*, nothing heard since.

Starfalcon

Gawd
After what they did with warcraft 3 refunded, do you really want blizz farming D2 out and ruining that too? At this point I would rather boot up one of my old rigs and my CRT and pretend it is 1999 again.

MrWrong

[H]ard|Gawd
So, apparentl Season 21 is about to end? SHould I even bother with doing the season?
Just a guess but I would say there is probably another month yet until Season 21 ends. They havent released the PTR build of the next season yet and when they do that usually signals the end is near for the current season.

Nytegard

2[H]4U
Just a guess but I would say there is probably another month yet until Season 21 ends. They havent released the PTR build of the next season yet and when they do that usually signals the end is near for the current season.

And they stated the PTR is going to last longer than usual. There's probably a good 4-5 weeks left of the season, which is more than enough to casually complete it.

Business6

[H]ard|Gawd
Christ this thread disappeared. My first time ever using the search function, lol.

Anyone else playing Season 24 with the Ethereals? Things are insane! I was using my Level 35 at 70 and couldn't replace it with even Ancients until I found another Ethereal. Pretty cool and also really sad that my main monk won't get this once the season is over :(

Here's one Ethereal at 27
Diablo III Screenshot 2021.06.19 - 16.02.33.26.png

And my current
ethereal.jpg

I've never done higher than like GR110 solo on my main but I think I can do that with this despite being down 8000 dexterity

Last edited:

Armenius

Fully [H]
Christ this thread disappeared. My first time ever using the search function, lol.

Anyone else playing Season 24 with the Ethereals? Things are insane! I was using my Level 35 at 70 and couldn't replace it with even Ancients until I found another Ethereal. Pretty cool and also really sad that my main monk won't get this once the season is over :(

Here's one Ethereal at 27
View attachment 383866

And my current
View attachment 383867

I've never done higher than like GR110 solo on my main but I think I can do that with this despite being down 8000 dexterity
I take it these were put in for people wanting to level in higher difficulties without wasting their time. I always hated the leveling grind during the season because running Hard is so boring. It would be more fun if you could run rifts at a Torment level of difficulty without worrying too much about being splattered from the get-go. I guess it's certainly possible to do, as I've gone up to Torment IV at level 1 and did okay, but it wasn't nearly as fast gaining levels as Hard is.

DWolvin

2[H]4U
do Ethereals generally roll with decent stats / powers? If it's not a case of trying fifteen different ones I'll be tempted back in...

Nytegard

2[H]4U
do Ethereals generally roll with decent stats / powers? If it's not a case of trying fifteen different ones I'll be tempted back in...
Yeah. For the most part, they're far better than any ancient you can get (about 3x stronger), provided you get the right weapon power.
I always hated the leveling grind during the season because running Hard is so boring.

The start of the season is my favorite part. I try to play a super efficient setup, so that I waste as little time as possible.

#1 in Asia & #3 in the USA for the conquest The Thrill (GR45 no set).

https://ap.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/rankings/season/24/74987253750079
https://us.diablo3.com/en-us/rankings/season/24/74987253750079

My best start though, was probably Season 22:

1628727473905.png

That was about 3 hours into the season.

My main problem is finding people for the season start, mainly, because I disagree with practically every Diablo influencer about how to approach the season start. That, and people vastly exaggerate how fast they start off (Reddit is typically filled with "I leveled to 70 in 15 minutes, and was clearing T16 1 hour into the season!" Uh, no you didn't).

FlawleZ

[H]ard|Gawd
Playing season 24 myself. Mostly just hardcore. Did a 98 solo the other day at P800 in 1st try. Could prob go low 100s without much difficulty but DH is super squishy so I prefer playing a little safe.