Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Blade-Runner, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner 2[H]4U

2. Armenius

Armenius [H]ardForum Junkie

Just found out about this game and am very excited. It will get a full retail release on June 5. Excited to get an ARPG in the WH40K universe.

Video below says May 11, but you can see several stories posted since last week that it was pushed back to June 5.

3. modi123

modi123 [H]ardness Supreme

Well hells bells. Looking like something that may shake me out of the gaming doldrums.

Armenius likes this.
  4. delita

delita [H]ard|Gawd

I definitely have hopes for this - looks like it's going to be a pretty awesome game so far.

Armenius likes this.
  5. aeonrevolution

aeonrevolution 2[H]4U

FINALLY. One set in the 40k universe and not complete garbage (DoW titles aside).

6. CrimsonKnight13

CrimsonKnight13 Lord Stabington of [H]ard|Fortress

Space Marine did pretty good. I'll be very happy if this game kicks ass though.

John721, Solhokuten and Armenius like this.
  7. aeonrevolution

aeonrevolution 2[H]4U

I don't honestly know if I had ever heard of that one. I just knew about the top down turn based ones and the other first person recently that got terrible reviews.

8. CrimsonKnight13

Aireoth, Armenius and Solhokuten like this.
  9. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

These Warhammer games never pan out I think Warhammer Online was is still the best of the lot.

10. Unoid

Unoid [H]ard|Gawd

Warhammer vermintide 1 & 2 rocked. Space marine was and is amazing, DoW2 was great (3 sucked)

Dextano, Solhokuten and Armenius like this.
  11. CrimsonKnight13

I noticed that the topic's game hasn't been linked. Looks like its still in Early Access.

Armenius likes this.
  12. Armenius

As mentioned above, retail release is June 5.

CrimsonKnight13 likes this.
  13. Armenius

4 more days!

Solhokuten likes this.
  14. Armenius

Release trailer! I have the game loaded and ready to go after work.

Solhokuten likes this.
  15. Solhokuten

Solhokuten [H]ard|Gawd

Forgot to login to my PC before i left for work, but I'll be downloading the game as soon as I get home.

Armenius likes this.
  16. Armenius

It was a 15.8GB download for me, around 42GB unpacked. I didn't see how big the release day patch is.

17. Solhokuten

Solhokuten [H]ard|Gawd

18. delita

delita [H]ard|Gawd

Lemme see some feedback, I really wanted this game to be great but steam reviews are telling me its just OK.

19. Armenius

I ended up not having a chance to play last night. Too much stuff needing to get done...
    Steam reviews are probably still reflective of early access.

20. Solhokuten

Solhokuten [H]ard|Gawd

I put in a hour or so last night and I'm not too impressed. The games seems to lack polish and certainly does not feel like a $50 game. I'm also experiencing some performance issues. The game usually hovers around 70 fps, but ill get dips down in the mid 40s for no apparent reason. I'm currently running max setting at 3440x1440 resolution. That said, I'm still fairly early in the game, so lets see how I feel about it once a dig in a bit more.

21. B2BigAl

B2BigAl 2[H]4U

I hate to hear that this isn’t any good, because that’s like my dream game; Warhammer 40k ARPG. Doesn’t surprise me that it sucks coming from Neocore though, they’re an absolute shit developer. The first Van Helsing was pretty decent. The second one wasn’t as good but it was passable. The third one sucked like Andy Dick at a glory hole, just utter shit. Then they made Deathtrap, and just when I didn’t thing they could suck any harder, they proved me wrong once again. I don’t know if they ever bothered fixing all the shit wrong with it, but it was a hot mess even months after release, and the devs went radio silent. I don’t think these people had any business taking on a game this ambitious, or handling an IP as big as Warhammer. The complaints I’ve read about Martyr sound exactly like what I experienced with Van Helsing 3 and Deathtrap, lots of poor design choices, really buggy, unpolished, unsatisying, crappy loot...it’s the exact same stuff I hated about those games all over again. Damn them for screwing this up.

22. FearTheCow

FearTheCow [H]ardness Supreme

Dont buy it, it dhas promise but it needed another good 6 months before being released, performance issues, graphical issues, and now crashing, wish I had waited until it was $5.

Armenius likes this.
  23. Jumpem

Jumpem Limp Gawd

I wanted to try it. The reviews and discussion about it on Steam have not gotten better over the months.

Armenius likes this.
  24. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Make a Warhammer Online 2 that would go over big trust me..... all these Tabletop Warhammer games by the time you ace them all you will be 50 years old.

25. Auer

Auer Limp Gawd

I got this a few days ago and enjoy it so far.

As a huge ARPG fan I have no problems dropping $50 on a WH40K version.

Worth it to me. Great looking game too btw..

26. Armenius

It is a beautiful game, but some of the gameplay aspects that are expected in an ARPG are lacking. The loot system, for example, which is a big part of the genre, is really lackluster especially in the mid- to late-game. Still fun, though, especially if you're into Warhammer 40K.

27. Auer

Auer Limp Gawd

I has some interesting mechanics like the cover system. So I try not to compare it to other games of the same genre too much.

I find it pretty refreshing so far and will most likely pick up the DLC's too.