• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Seems like i'm using the exact same setup as you are =P Too many of the other moves seem lackluster. The animation on that homing-missile-type move bugs the crap out of me too... when you stop firing, some missiles that were in the air just disappear--they should continue on to the target, but don't. the 2 passives i have i've taken glass cannon and blur.

YES, I can't stand the delay on those things...is it a true delay or just the animation? It makes it practically unusable for me, although looking at the spell and the rune modifications it could probably be the "best" signature move for quite a few situations.

Let me tell you now that I went the same way with frost nova and stuff. It does NOT work well in the harder difficulties where you can get one shotted easily. I got a nasty surprise that way yesterday night when I teleported into a pack fully intending to use reversal to back out. Got one shotted by an elite mob in the pack. :(

Yeah, even now, especially with glass cannon, it's a pretty risky tactic. Too bad it won't work for too much longer.

edit: fucking work---i just want to play.

Amen.
 
Just finished the game on Normal. Really disappointing, the game overall just seemed to miss a lot of artistic talent and vision. The story just wasn't as good as Diablo 2's. The cinematics were obviously technically superior but in every other way greatly inferior. Gameplay wise it is pretty close to Diablo 2. It was entertaining enough. Diablo 3 is not really what I call a worthy successor but it was completely expected given the current trend at Blizzard. It's alright on it's own, I give it a 7.5/10.


And, I laughed at the uhh... "change" in Diablo's looks. Who the fuck approved that? Lmfao

See, this is why I can't bring myself to drop $60 on this. I keep ALMOST going and picking it up, hoping that I'm just jaded by my experience in the beta, but other than the fanboys who were just gushing because it was finally here I haven't seen anyone who was too happy with the game. Content maybe, but not happy. It's been a lot of disappointment, from what I've seen. Given that I'm already extemely unhappy with the direction they went, I can't see myself as coming away anything but unhappy about my purchase.
 
2. I played with 2 friends and got to the end of Act 1, when i got too tired and logged. They continued on and beat Act 1 and a little bit of Act 2. When i joined their game, i was automatically caught up to where they were in Act 2. Now when i start my own game it starts me off where they are instead of where i was when i stopped playing. It is normal when you join someone's group to have the game skip content you haven't completed?

You can join other people and get bumped to whatever quest they are on as long as you have unlocked the difficulty they are in. If you want to go back to where you were, then you need to select the quest before you start the game. This is intended by Blizzard.

Some people have asked if that means that you can rush very easily and Blizzard has said that the difficulties have level requirements and that your experience that you receive decreases substantially if you are in a higher level area then you should be.
 
See, this is why I can't bring myself to drop $60 on this. I keep ALMOST going and picking it up, hoping that I'm just jaded by my experience in the beta, but other than the fanboys who were just gushing because it was finally here I haven't seen anyone who was too happy with the game. Content maybe, but not happy. It's been a lot of disappointment, from what I've seen. Given that I'm already extemely unhappy with the direction they went, I can't see myself as coming away anything but unhappy about my purchase.

Dunno, I guess you could call me a fanboy but I'm very happy with the gameplay itself. Feels like D2, running around and kicking the crap out of stuff - running with a group (3 or more really feels best) with huge packs of monsters and gibbing them all is intensely satisfying.

And this is from a gamer who has been playing less and less over the past 2 years because I haven't found much I liked (been playing ME series and DA:O).
 
I dropped the max down to 75 and get a solid frame rate and didn't notice any difference in gameplay from when it was set to 150 by default. I'll keep an eye on it when I play more later, but it doesn't seem like it needs to be set as high as it is by default. My monitor refresh rate is actually 75, not 60, I was wrong about that.

75hz monitor ? thats crazy rare
 
Just an FYI for people wondering about difficulty. My barb friend said when he was soloing NM in Act 2 it felt like D2 hell mode in terms of difficulty. He was dying and getting his HP chunked pretty badly. It'll only be harder when theres more players. Can't wait to see Inferno difficulty :D
 
I know, but I don't think it needed an entire act. I think a lot of people are finding it to be too easy.

edit used trivial the wrong way *
why is it too easy? just means the people its too easy for will get through it quickly to the more difficult acts. normal should be trivial its for you to experience the game at a normal level hence the name of the difficulty. my friend is on nightmare and he cant stop talking about how hard it is. if the difficulty bothers you than get further in the game
 
Quick question guys. How to determine which items the artisan will salvage?
 
why is it too easy? just means the people its too easy for will get through it quickly to the more difficult acts. normal should hardly be trivial its for you to experience the game at a normal level hence the name of the difficulty. my friend is on nightmare and he cant stop talking about how hard it is. if the difficulty bothers you than get further in the game

To me, it isn't a selling point for a game to make me want to be done with part of it as soon as possible. I'm sure the greater difficulties are actually difficult, I have no doubt. It's just at this point it feels like normal is God Mode. It's definitely better balanced than Beta, though.
 
You can join other people and get bumped to whatever quest they are on as long as you have unlocked the difficulty they are in. If you want to go back to where you were, then you need to select the quest before you start the game. This is intended by Blizzard.

Some people have asked if that means that you can rush very easily and Blizzard has said that the difficulties have level requirements and that your experience that you receive decreases substantially if you are in a higher level area then you should be.

Thanks for this info, that explains it. I guess i'll get to see the Act 1 end boss on the 2nd difficulty for the first time :cool:

edit:
Quick question guys. How to determine which items the artisan will salvage?

Not white or grey items? Anything Blue and up in my experience.
 
To me, it isn't a selling point for a game to make me want to be done with part of it as soon as possible. I'm sure the greater difficulties are actually difficult, I have no doubt. It's just at this point it feels like normal is God Mode. It's definitely better balanced than Beta, though.

how far into the game are you exactly? I have died numerous times. maybe not once in the first act but I dont really care. I agree I like to milk a game for as long as possible 60 dollars is still a lot of money nowadays. But I enjoy the first act even if I dont die.. I played through it and was like ah this is kind of easy but think about it on NM and it just gets me excited.
 
See, this is why I can't bring myself to drop $60 on this. I keep ALMOST going and picking it up, hoping that I'm just jaded by my experience in the beta, but other than the fanboys who were just gushing because it was finally here I haven't seen anyone who was too happy with the game. Content maybe, but not happy. It's been a lot of disappointment, from what I've seen. Given that I'm already extemely unhappy with the direction they went, I can't see myself as coming away anything but unhappy about my purchase.

This reminds me of the people that rush to get to Lvl 80 on whatever on WoW and then complain that there is not content. I was able to play for about 5hrs last night and got my monk to lvl 7. I am still incredibly happy with the game from what I have seen and know that if you give it time and play the game you will be happy. Is it worth $60? I dont believe I have come across a game that has been worth that much but then again if it is fun, occupies my time, and gives me enjoyment then in the end it is worth it.
 
See, this is why I can't bring myself to drop $60 on this. I keep ALMOST going and picking it up, hoping that I'm just jaded by my experience in the beta, but other than the fanboys who were just gushing because it was finally here I haven't seen anyone who was too happy with the game. Content maybe, but not happy. It's been a lot of disappointment, from what I've seen. Given that I'm already extemely unhappy with the direction they went, I can't see myself as coming away anything but unhappy about my purchase.

Your wrong about the game ! it is as good or better than diablo 1 &2 majority of the negative reviews is because people couldn't log on on release night or whatever. I haven't had any server issues since i bought the game yesterday night. The game itself and content is very good.
 
how far into the game are you exactly? I have died numerous times. maybe not once in the first act but I dont really care. I agree I like to milk a game for as long as possible 60 dollars is still a lot of money nowadays. But I enjoy the first act even if I dont die.. I played through it and was like ah this is kind of easy but think about it on NM and it just gets me excited.

Nearing the end of Act 1. Maybe I warmed up to aRPG too much spending the last few weeks playing Path of Exile.
 
I will say one thing negative, most of the way through Act 2 at this point...seriously, Act 2 is pretty damn close to a rehash of Lut Gholein in D2. Monsters, similar plotline...with all the time spent, that seems pretty damn weak.
 
Nearing the end of Act 1. Maybe I warmed up to aRPG too much spending the last few weeks playing Path of Exile.

finish the act and venture on my friend. challenges await :) I am overly leveled for the area im at and im still dying.
 
I will say one thing negative, most of the way through Act 2 at this point...seriously, Act 2 is pretty damn close to a rehash of Lut Gholein in D2. Monsters, similar plotline...with all the time spent, that seems pretty damn weak.

That's what I noticed too, Act 4 is pretty similar to act 4, too.
 
How on earth are you dying in Act 1? :eek: My friends and I, who are experienced but by no means trying very hard, used perhaps 1 potion each during the whole act.

if you read what I said, I said finish the act. Act 1 is easy and the dificulty ramps up significantly afterwards
 
hes trollin

maybe unintentionally off a limited experience with the game. I'm barely into act 2 and i feel rather the same. Lots of mindless point and clicking. As we've already discussed though, hopefully once the difficulty ramps up some actual thinking / builds / strategy will be forced to come into play.

So far though, i've just stood behind my monk/barb friends and used aoe moves. Also had a friend skipping ALL the story, so those 2 combined i got bored after a couple hours.

However, I did have lots of fun swapping gear and stuff--though the details screen where it shows all the numbers should have each of your damaging moves in the list and how much damage they will do.
 
Does anybody install the game into SSD? I'm wondering if there's any significant advantage over a mechanical drive.
 
maybe unintentionally off a limited experience with the game. I'm barely into act 2 and i feel rather the same. Lots of mindless point and clicking. As we've already discussed though, hopefully once the difficulty ramps up some actual thinking / builds / strategy will be forced to come into play.

So far though, i've just stood behind my monk/barb friends and used aoe moves. Also had a friend skipping ALL the story, so those 2 combined i got bored after a couple hours.

However, I did have lots of fun swapping gear and stuff--though the details screen where it shows all the numbers should have each of your damaging moves in the list and how much damage they will do.

I refuse to play with anybody that skips the story it annoys the shit outta me haha
 
I refuse to play with anybody that skips the story it annoys the shit outta me haha

I finally got vent working so now i can yell at him when he does it =P

He's like... "if you're clearing all of normal you're playing Diablo wrong"

rabble rabble
 
I finally got vent working so now i can yell at him when he does it =P

He's like... "if you're clearing all of normal you're playing Diablo wrong"

rabble rabble


Didn't know there was a right way to play a game. Learn something new every single day.
 
Yes, and notice no difference loading into zones or cinematics with my friends who are on HDDs.

Thanks for the speedy response, that's good to know. I'll just install into my Steam drive then, screw Origin and its install in C drive required.
 
Didn't know there was a right way to play a game. Learn something new every single day.

lol he just means that everything you do in normal is going to be quickly replaced when you get to the next difficulty. Gold drops, item quality, etc will skyrocket so he was laughing at me while i'm farming gold in normal. Whatever though, i like enjoying my time in a game, not rushing through.

I've decided that Demon Hunter is going to be my solo playthrough so i can get all the story and have to think about fights instead of zerg.
 
Back
Top