• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

It's stupid, though, because you didn't ever have to grind a specific spot, but now you are essentially forced to grind just to level normally because a large portion of common mobs have less XP.

That is a valid concern for sure, though I will reserve personal judgements until after RoS is out to see how the bounties system and adventure mode balances it all out.
 
Perhaps they were forced to make this change with the rumor of ladders coming in to the game, some time after RoS release... I wonder.

If there was already a known exp grind spot, that takes a lot of the fun out of the game if you -must- do it, rather than just playing the game. I can't imagine the creation, exiting and re-creation of all those games was healthy for their servers, as well.

In any case, RoS in a few hours, see you guys there!

Nobody has to do anything. Ladders are always going to be topped by people with the most time doing repetitive things as quickly as possible. Once it is determined that "Do X 500 times" has an efficiency advantage over "Do Y 500 times", everyone trying to climb the ladder will be doing X. Doesn't matter if that involves doing CotA T6 runs for 12 hours, or running Act I in its entirety for 12 hours.

Nerfing XP of some large pack mobs just makes it less enticing for people to do COTA as their only way to level up Paragon levels. I don't think it has much of a different to people doing anything other than farming Paragon levels by running through 45 second long sections of a level. Those people aren't going to cry that COTA sucks now, they are going to find something else.
 
Is everyone pre-ordering this game or taking a wait and see approach?

We have a newborn so time is very limited for the forseeable coming months but we need something to look forward to in order to maintain sanity!!
 
The game is fun for me and the expansion is just more game. Seems like and easy preorder for people already having fun with it.
 
We have a newborn so time is very limited for the forseeable coming months but we need something to look forward to in order to maintain sanity!!

5 yo, 3 yo, and 7 week old here. All about burning the candle at both ends my friend. I work 9 hours, come home and spend time with kids, kids go to bed and spend time with wife, then spend time with D3. :D 5 hours of sleep, rinse and repeat. It's a good life.
 
Is everyone pre-ordering this game or taking a wait and see approach?

Got the digital deluxe edition as a very early b-day present from my wife. I'm really looking forward to a mass accumulation of gameplay on RoS. :D
 
Is everyone pre-ordering this

Personally I am not paying $40 for one more Act and 10 more levels, so we'll see. I only paid $20 for Diablo 3, since I never would have paid $60 or probably even $40 for it, so I can't see paying more than $20 for RoS. That said, Blizzard has a habit of not discounting software for a very long time, so if RoS ends up being a huge value then I might consider getting it. However, not many of the people I play D3 with are likely getting RoS (on release, anyway) so I don't have much incentive to buy now.

That is a valid concern for sure, though I will reserve personal judgements until after RoS is out to see how the bounties system and adventure mode balances it all out.

What about those of us who aren't buying RoS right away?
 
Question;

Should I get the expansion now for $40, or, wait and grab it if it gets a sale for $30 or $20?

I dont play D3 as much as I used to and dont play it a lot.
 
I pre-ordered for both the wife and I.

The 2.0 patch included a lot of the content, I believe. It will be unlocked tonight when it goes live, though. I would still expect a patch of some kind.
 
The 2.0 patch included a lot of the content, I believe. It will be unlocked tonight when it goes live, though. I would still expect a patch of some kind.

No patch or server maintenance, you can even stay logged in when it goes live and start an Act 5 game immediately. It will be completely seamless.
 
Is the Crusader a good class for kiting or would they be Wrath starved? They seem to have several ways to use Hammer, shield and light to get in that mid range.
 
Is the Crusader a good class for kiting or would they be Wrath starved? They seem to have several ways to use Hammer, shield and light to get in that mid range.

Most of us won't know until tonight. The only people that know are the ones that were in RoS beta.

I mean seriously, the expansion isn't even out yet. It's a bit early to tell don't you think?
 
No patch or server maintenance, you can even stay logged in when it goes live and start an Act 5 game immediately. It will be completely seamless.

Cool, thanks!

It will be great to see this go well and moreso if it is set as the standard for future content releases!
 
No patch or server maintenance, you can even stay logged in when it goes live and start an Act 5 game immediately. It will be completely seamless.

Starting a fresh game for a new act will trigger a new game session. This will be where the servers implode. Might be a good idea to get logged in an hour early right before Diablo. That creates the session without any problems. Then kill Diablo at midnight and transition into Act V without having to create a new session.

Until Battle.net goes down. Then everyone is screwed :D
 
Okay, I'll be more specific. While we're excited and waiting, does anyone have a prediction on the Crusader once there are several abilities unlocked, but not just from direct melee fighting within three yards?

I'm assuming that they will be in their element while tanking up close, and it will be appreciated by allies. There are some passives to promote this, of course.

Can they do some viable damage while avoiding AOE damage in the environment, etc. or is it too weak and not worth the skill slots?
 
Okay, I'll be more specific. While we're excited and waiting, does anyone have a prediction on the Crusader once there are several abilities unlocked, but not just from direct melee fighting within three yards?

I'm assuming that they will be in their element while tanking up close, and it will be appreciated by allies. There are some passives to promote this, of course.

Can they do some viable damage while avoiding AOE damage in the environment, etc. or is it too weak and not worth the skill slots?

Based on what I looked at briefly, it seems most of the crusaders generators are melee skills. The spenders tend to be medium range to long range like the shield throw, Blessed Hammer, and Fist of the Heavens.

That's actually one thing I'm bummed about. I wanted to play more like a zealadin from Diablo 2, but Zeal is basically a rune for one of the Wrath generators.
 
I want the Necromancer... not to knock the WD and voodoo but seeing the Necromancer in Act 2 was great.
 
Okay, I'll be more specific. While we're excited and waiting, does anyone have a prediction on the Crusader once there are several abilities unlocked, but not just from direct melee fighting within three yards?

I'm assuming that they will be in their element while tanking up close, and it will be appreciated by allies. There are some passives to promote this, of course.

Can they do some viable damage while avoiding AOE damage in the environment, etc. or is it too weak and not worth the skill slots?

All I know is they don't get the 30% bonus damage reduction like Monk and Barb. So take it for whatever its worth.
 
All I know is they don't get the 30% bonus damage reduction like Monk and Barb. So take it for whatever its worth.

But they have a lot of on-block abilities. Also the crusader shields provide more armor than standard shields.
 
I a good time this weekend playing with the clan, helped to power level a few and got in some Paragon levels myself... :D
 
My wife just sent me this pic! She just started playing D3 with me a few weeks ago, first PC game she's ever played and she is new to all of this. She sent this pic, and I was like.. WTF!? And she told me she drove to Irvine and picked up both copies for $10 from an old high school friend who works at Bliz.

She didn't even tell me about this beforehand, crazy woman.

9dMxXfC.jpg
 
Sweet loot

Based on what we know, is there a follower for the Crusader that will do something annoying or interfere? Is the Templar too redundant, or is his taunt good for drawing in a crowd and maximizing AOE damage or Blessed Shield?
 
So, there's no more trading right? That kinda bums me out. That was the thing I enjoyed most about D2.

You can trade, but only if you're in a partied game and only between members in that party for a duration of two hours. This only applies to sets and legendary items, as well as a few crafted items like archon recipes.
 
I'm rather surprised there wasn't a patch of some sort today. There's been a few glaring issues on the forums that have yet to get any patching, namely 2H weapon damage and Resplendent chests. At least the chests have had an official blue response saying they will be buffed but I thought they'd get that out with the release of ROS. There's literally no reason to bother with dungeons currently because resplendent chests are worse than white chests.

Here's to hoping they modified the gambling rates from the PTR - last I heard blood shards were utterly worthless. People were dropping thousands of them on the gambler and not a single legendary.
 
Here's to hoping they modified the gambling rates from the PTR - last I heard blood shards were utterly worthless. People were dropping thousands of them on the gambler and not a single legendary.

Stuff like this is a perfect opportunity to wait for everyone else to try it first.
 
Tomorrow I will actually be able to click on the Crusader that I have been staring at for the last couple of weeks.
Tomorrow will be a great day, then afterwards will be weeks and weeks of listening to bitching. Blizzard screwed this, blah blah that. I can't wait!!

Whoo expansion!! I need to go get beer....
 
Tomorrow I will actually be able to click on the Crusader that I have been staring at for the last couple of weeks.
Tomorrow will be a great day, then afterwards will be weeks and weeks of listening to bitching. Blizzard screwed this, blah blah that. I can't wait!!

Whoo expansion!! I need to go get beer....

9pm tonight if you're in pacific time.
 
I don't need the expansion atm. I am still working on my first ever play through, and still in the first act.

Not a bad game, I might go for the expansion later on. I remember the Diablo 2 expansion was a must have. The year it came out PC Gamer gave it expansion of the year award. Really it could have been a contender for expansion of the decade. I don't think I have ever played an expansion that handled things better than Lord of Destruction. Blizzard showed everyone how an expansion is done when they released that puppy.
 
I just hope the damn servers stay up after launch. I wanna just dive in and have fun.
 
Back
Top