Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

There isn't. I have been soloing T6 CotA/Cathedral 4 or Royal Audience and went from Paragon 150(used to farm mp10 last patch) to Paragon 279. I've slowed down grinding it though as it gets pretty boring.

Oh hot damn. I thought i remember someone saying there was a cap for certain attributes.. doesn't that imply that there will be a cap at some point where you have every stat maxed? Maybe i misread...

Oh, I know what you mean. Yes, there is a cap of 50 paragon points on each attribute (crit, crit dmg, ias, all res, life on hit, life%, etc.) except vita and main stat which have no limit.

P.S: Quick tip for those with high paragon level trying out different point allocations. Holding shift while clicking the + button adds 10 points at a time.

Last edited:
Oh, I know what you mean. Yes, there is a cap of 50 paragon points on each attribute (crit, crit dmg, ias, all res, life on hit, life%, etc.) except vita and main stat which have no limit.

ahh okay. Makes more sense now. The main stats have no limit so you can pump it to infinity, and beyond!

P.S: Quick tip for those with high paragon level trying out different point allocations. Holding shift while clicking the + button adds 10 points at a time.

This also works for buying potions, as I discovered on accident one day. I was thinking holding down shift would bring up the "How many?" dialog from WoW. Nope, it just bought 5 or 10 at a time and I ended up with a few hundred extras.

I just died as a hardcore character =/

I was wondering if anyone could spare 5min to just kill a bunch of things to power level me to level 20-30 really quick so I can continue playing co-op

There isn't. I have been soloing T6 CotA/Cathedral 4 or Royal Audience and went from Paragon 150(used to farm mp10 last patch) to Paragon 279. I've slowed down grinding it though as it gets pretty boring.

Boo. I thought I was good going from paragon 120 pre patch to paragon 229 now. I can only solo t5 though on my monk. What class are you that you can solo t6? And how much damage/toughness?

I'm at 346k unbuffed damage and 1 million toughness.

Sorry for the mundane question folks, haven't played a Diablo point&clicker since '97 and considering picking this up. Reaper of Souls: $40 for a DLC? Am I missing something?

Well, now don't worry about CotA. And for all class specific set items, Torment 1 or higher.

Sorry for the mundane question folks, haven't played a Diablo point&clicker since '97 and considering picking this up. Reaper of Souls: $40 for a DLC? Am I missing something?

If you've been playing games since 97 you'd know they're called expansions, not DLC, hence being $40 :p

can't you get D3 and the expansion for 60?

Blizzard heard people liked CotA so they nerfed every "below average" HP mob in the game because even at level 70 doing CotA was more efficient than the shit XP that Rifts and Bounties gives...lets not buff quest XP/Rift/Bounty XP...lets nerf every mob in the game

Anything above Torment 1 is still useless..no incentive

Blizzard heard people liked CotA so they nerfed every "below average" HP mob in the game because even at level 70 doing CotA was more efficient than the shit XP that Rifts and Bounties gives...lets not buff quest XP/Rift/Bounty XP...lets nerf every mob in the game

It's still a higher exp multiplier...

I don't think anyone *likes* doing CotA. They just do it because it's by far the best way to gain XP.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm underperforming for my gear level. Any suggestions?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ruohttas-1340/hero/13424318

Try an AoE oriented build with Rend-Bloodbath,Furious Charge-Merciless Assault, Overpower, Battle Rage- Bloodshed

this build is just run into a group and smash all your buttons! try to hit more than 5 enemies with charge so it comes off cooldown again. Works even better if you have a cyclone strike monk buddy

After launch, I ended up getting a refund after being really disappointed in the game. I never would have guessed that nearly 2 years later I'd be playing Diablo 3 again and having already preodered the expansion. :eek:

I bet the people on the Diablo 3 team at Blizzard are on cloud nine after the reception and complete turnaround they've engineered. :D

After launch, I ended up getting a refund after being really disappointed in the game. I never would have guessed that nearly 2 years later I'd be playing Diablo 3 again and having already preodered the expansion. :eek:

I bet the people on the Diablo 3 team at Blizzard are on cloud nine after the reception and complete turnaround they've engineered. :D

Seems like the console version was the genesis of the turnaround since it was the proof of concept for Auction House-free model.

Seems like the console version was the genesis of the turnaround since it was the proof of concept for Auction House-free model.

And offline play for the console version... That "couldn't" be done.

haha, exactly the same story for me. Can't wait for Tuesday :D

Consoles versions didn't use battle.net and were an absolute train wreck of item hacking when you did go online.

Well in Torchlight II we had mod tools that allowed a user to make any item or build they so desired. Every so often you would run across a group with someone that hacked their way to glory. We would simply join another game and continue on having fun. I know Blizzard would rather sell us an expansion pack than allow mod tools and it's their right to do so. I just wanted to point out that you can have a game where some of the users are running custom characters and still have an avenue for them to coexist with normal players.

Well in Torchlight II we had mod tools that allowed a user to make any item or build they so desired. Every so often you would run across a group with someone that hacked their way to glory. We would simply join another game and continue on having fun. I know Blizzard would rather sell us an expansion pack than allow mod tools and it's their right to do so. I just wanted to point out that you can have a game where some of the users are running custom characters and still have an avenue for them to coexist with normal players.

Exactly, its up to the players to ruin their game if they want to.

Exactly, its up to the players to ruin their game if they want to.

Except when you want to just join random multiplayer games with no cheaters in it. Sucks to keep dumping and joining new games looking for one with normal characters in it.

Has anyone rolled a new character during this 100% XP boost event? Feels like I'm leveling way too fast - I'm Lvl36 w/ a Barbarian on Hard, and only just started Act 2, rolling around the map practically one-shotting everything.

I assume the pacing of the campaign was built around normal XP generation rate, and I dont see any option to disable the 100% XP boost, and it feels like I'm going to hit 60 way too fast.

Does this matter? Any downside to playing during the XP event? Sorry for the noob question :)

Has anyone rolled a new character during this 100% XP boost event? Feels like I'm leveling way too fast - I'm Lvl36 w/ a Barbarian on Hard, and only just started Act 2, rolling around the map practically one-shotting everything.

I assume the pacing of the campaign was built around normal XP generation rate, and I dont see any option to disable the 100% XP boost, and it feels like I'm going to hit 60 way too fast.

Does this matter? Any downside to playing during the XP event? Sorry for the noob question :)

Doesn't matter at all because there is no cap on levels anymore with paragon leveling. 60 unlocks all your skills and runes (70 if you get expansion), but paragon levels are infinite.

I'm running into the same thing here.. you can turn it up to Expert difficulty. That's what I did with my barb, and I've definitely died a few times now. On hard it was a cake walk, zero challenge.

On the subject of Barbarians... What do you'll spec to be able to kill the treasure goblins? I have bad latency to the servers so I can't catch up to them to do damage. Basically if I can't 2 shot it when I see it; it's GG. I guess what I need is a ranged build that can kill them and still survive regular mobs in Torment 1. Even when I use Leap I rarely hit them. Otherwise I don't have problems killing stuff in the game with the exception of things that run from me, as they take longer to dispatch.

Thx!

On the subject of Barbarians... What do you'll spec to be able to kill the treasure goblins? I have bad latency to the servers so I can't catch up to them to do damage. Basically if I can't 2 shot it when I see it; it's GG. I guess what I need is a ranged build that can kill them and still survive regular mobs in Torment 1. Even when I use Leap I rarely hit them. Otherwise I don't have problems killing stuff in the game with the exception of things that run from me, as they take longer to dispatch.

Thx!

Ancient Spear with the boulder toss rune and full fury bar.

For some reason seems like CoTA has less and less "white mobs" as opposed to Elites with Horde affix.

Any opinions on whether the extra $20 for the Digital Deluxe Edition of RoP is worth it?

Back