• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

i wish they picked a better class instead of crusader. idk how you guys feel but i have no interest in playing him. i am also pretty sad theyre only adding one class this time.. i mean give us a druid or something mayn

Yea one is pretty weak... but if they released two now, they'd have to release two at the next expansion. Easier to do one and one. I was never a fan of the druid, but an assassin would be great.
 
Last edited:
its easier now.
hit paragon 10 with hardcore barb in 2 days on inferno.
still not geared for MP levels but as far not much trouble in inferno.

I think he was referring to the Butcher fight in Diablo 1.

I'm excited for the expansion. I almost wonder if this is somewhat of a marketing strategy for Blizz minus getting rid of the ah. Put all the features in the expansion so you know the fans will buy it.
 
Yea one is pretty weak... but if they released two now, they'd have to release two at the next expansion. Easier to do one and one. I was never a fan of the druid, but an assassin would be great.

yeah assassin wouldve been cooler



necromancer > crusader


all dhey.
 
yeah assassin wouldve been cooler



necromancer > crusader


all dhey.

Oh most definitely. I'm actually really surprised they went with crusader because monk is practically a paladin.

I think he was referring to the Butcher fight in Diablo 1.

I'm excited for the expansion. I almost wonder if this is somewhat of a marketing strategy for Blizz minus getting rid of the ah. Put all the features in the expansion so you know the fans will buy it.

that's exactly what they're doing imo. Part of the whole being milked conversation over the last 5 pages lol.
 
I think Angel and Demon would have been sweet classes.

I personally thought they were going to do a fallen Angel a class like Tyrel. That would have been cool. Or a necromancer since they have a quest with one in it which would also be cool.

Crusader as a class doesn't excite me in the slightest. But looking at some of his skills he seems pretty awesome. Like he's going to have some HUGE hits that are slow. Kind of my favorite play style. 1.00 attack speed but dropping bombs.

Hopefully they adjust the HP to damage ratio on MP so his defensive states can be of use.
 
i wish they picked a better class instead of crusader. idk how you guys feel but i have no interest in playing him. i am also pretty sad theyre only adding one class this time.. i mean give us a druid or something mayn

I can't wait to play a Crusader and finally have some decent shields and shield skills in the game. He looks like he's going to be a beast of a tank in combat; what's not to like? I loved playing the Paladin in D2 though, so the class is a welcome addition for me.

I never really understood why they left the Necromancer out of the game since, while it was my least-favorite class of D2, it was the favorite of many others and fit the theme perfectly. I've always found the WD's art and audio style to be very unappealing, and there's no jungle anywhere in the game so everything seems out of place right from the get-go when he shows up in Tristram being like "Yo I'm a Witch Doctor. I lived in the jungle but I'm here to help you folk here in Londo--New Tristram. Come with me, nothing is weird."
 
If that is the case, then the Witch Doctor is practically a Necromancer.

i dont think thats the same. in fact they designed the witch doctor specifically so there is room for the necromancer in case they wanted to add him. there is a jay wilson quote on it.


monk though is pretty much a paladin with a bald head.
 
If that is the case, then the Witch Doctor is practically a Necromancer.

This. The Monk has auras that are kinda sorta like the Paladin's auras, but the gameplay is completely different because the Pally could switch between various auras on the fly and was very versatile both in single and party play. There was also the emphasis on shields and defense, and brute force melee combat and tanking.

I have never ever thought "this feels like playing a Paladin" while playing a Monk. It's more of an Assassin+Druid hybrid if you had to pick something from D2 to base it on.
 
This. The Monk has auras that are kinda sorta like the Paladin's auras, but the gameplay is completely different because the Pally could switch between various auras on the fly and was very versatile both in single and party play. There was also the emphasis on shields and defense, and brute force melee combat and tanking.

I have never ever thought "this feels like playing a Paladin" while playing a Monk. It's more of an Assassin+Druid hybrid if you had to pick something from D2 to base it on.

Agreed. My Monk never felt like a Paladin to me.
 
This. The Monk has auras that are kinda sorta like the Paladin's auras, but the gameplay is completely different because the Pally could switch between various auras on the fly...

I doubt the crusader will have this... choosing your aura will be like choosing your mantra.
 
Jay Wilson

“There’s a lot of people on our team who aren’t happy with our class choices,” he admitted. “But after we’ve established ‘Diablo III’ as its own game with its own type of gameplay and experiences, I wouldn’t be opposed to looking at old classes. We are trying to design [the Witch Doctor] class so that if we did bring back the Necromancer, there’s room for him. We’re looking out ahead of time at what our expansions are going to be, so we’ve got to keep room open for some of those other classes down the road.”
 
IMO the monk is the only class they got right.

To me it feels like an Amazon, Paladin, and Assassin.

Amazon because of Deadly reach, Tempest Rush, Mystic Ally and the over all speed and some lightning based attacks.

Paladin for Holy, Heal, and Mantras

Assassin for the speed and attacks like Dashing Strike, Lashing Tail kick, ect..
 
I doubt the crusader will have this... choosing your aura will be like choosing your mantra.

Oh I do too - the nature of the "pick 6 skills and go" system they implemented kind of guarantees it - but at least he's got some shield stuff going on. I don't even know if the Crusader has auras, come to think of it, but I was just illustrating why I didn't think the Monk was a Pally replacement.

As for Jay Wilson...I don't care what he thought about D2 or D3; clean-up crew is on site.
 
As for Jay Wilson...I don't care what he thought about D2 or D3; clean-up crew is on site.

EXACTLY!

Fuck that loser.

I've seen some of you post possible changes to some runes and shit. I can't find these anywhere--can i get a link? I want to check out what they're doing with the Wiz.
 
This sort of gives you an idea of potential changes http://www.diablofans.com/news/2021-diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-datamined-class-changes-including-even-more-crusader-abilities/

edit: i did this from my phone so if it doesn't work...meh

Jesus how did I miss this the first read through.

Frozen Orb : Create an orb will pierce through targets, damaging any enemy of frozen death that shreds an area with ice bolts, dealing up to 100% weapon damage as Cold to enemies it passes pierces through and up to 150% weapon damage as Cold when it bursts.

Wizard = Awesome
 
Thanks PureBooYah

Lots of good wizard changes. It actually looks like they're trying to create more possible synergies.

However, i don't like this change... hopefully it goes back to how it was before:

Paralysis Every 10th cast of a Lightning spell Stuns all enemies hit for 1.5 seconds.
 
Jesus how did I miss this the first read through.

Frozen Orb : Create an orb will pierce through targets, damaging any enemy of frozen death that shreds an area with ice bolts, dealing up to 100% weapon damage as Cold to enemies it passes pierces through and up to 150% weapon damage as Cold when it bursts.

Wizard = Awesome

Loved Frozen Orb in D2 so it may make me start a HC wizard and finish the one I started in SC. Sort of just got bored with it.
 
Jesus how did I miss this the first read through.

Frozen Orb : Create an orb will pierce through targets, damaging any enemy of frozen death that shreds an area with ice bolts, dealing up to 100% weapon damage as Cold to enemies it passes pierces through and up to 150% weapon damage as Cold when it bursts.

Wizard = Awesome

Yeah man, Arcane Orb is going to be awesome in so many builds when we have fire/cold/lightning variants. It seems they picked up on the issue we've brought up many times in this thread regarding the complete lack of elemental options for the Wizard). Spectral Blade also received the elemental treatment.

Can't wait to see how some of these others play out:

Meteor - Pulsar
-Summon a Pulsar that deals 1820% weapon damage as Fire on impact. The Pulsar also taunts and damages nearby enemies for 490% weapon damage as Fire every second for 6 seconds. / Adds a 24 second cooldown.

-----------------------------------------

Black Hole (all runes)
- Cost: 20 Arcane Power / Cooldown: 8 seconds / Conjure a Black Hole at the target location that draws enemies to it and deals 208% weapon damage as Arcane over 2 seconds to all enemies within 20 yards.
- Supermassive: Increases the Black Hole radius to 20 yards and damage to 208% weapon damage as Lightning over 2 seconds.
-Event Horizon : The Black Hole also absorbs enemy projectiles and enemy objects within 15 yards.
- Obsidian: NYI Fire Damage
- Spellsteal: Enemies hit by Black Hole deal 10% reduced damage for 3 seconds. Each enemy hit by Black Hole grants you 1% increased damage for 3 seconds.
- Absolute Zero: Each enemy you hit grants 2% increased damage for the next Cold spell you cast. / Black Hole's damage turns into Cold.

The New York Islanders skate onto your screen and set enemies ablaze!

-----------------------------------------

Unwavering Will (passive)
- Standing still for 2 seconds increases the following attributes: / *Armor: 20% / *All Resistances: 20% / *Damage: 10%

Finally something to boost the viability of those channeling skills!

-----------------------------------------

Slow Time - Time and Space
- Slow Time is now cast at your target location up to 60 yards away.

-----------------------------------------

Power Hungry (passive)
- Being healed by a health globe. causes the next Arcane Power Spender you cast to be cast for free. / You can have up to 5 charges of Power Hungry.

Could be nuts if you paired it with a Barb friend who ran a health globe build (which is actually surprisingly effective for survivability, FYI).

-----------------------------------------

Energy Twister - Storm Chaser
- Each cast of Energy Twister grants you a Lightning Charge. You can store up to 3 Lightning Charges at a time. Casting a Signature spell releases all Lightning Charges as a giant bolt of Lightning that deals 75% weapon damage as Lightning per Lightning Charge. / Energy Twister's damage turns into Lightning. / The following skills are Signature spells: / *Magic Missile / *Shock Pulse / *Spectral Blade / *Electrocute

-----------------------------------------

And that's without seeing any items to boost this stuff even more. Should be cool once it all comes together.
 
Yeap--finally getting some of that elemental synergy treatment.

I still won't be 100% happy though until they change one of the two lightening signature spells to something not lightening. Sooooo silly to have two. It makes 0 sense (unless of course, your name is Jay Wilson).
 
Yeap--finally getting some of that elemental synergy treatment.

I still won't be 100% happy though until they change one of the two lightening signature spells to something not lightening. Sooooo silly to have two. It makes 0 sense (unless of course, your name is Jay Wilson).

My Wiz uses the Fire Bolts rune for Shock Pulse which, at 195%, is rather powerful for a free spell. They could probably alter a couple more of the runes to different elements but I assume they want to avoid using Cold for Signature spells.

I don't think the double lightning Signature spells will be that big of a deal once you factor in that:
- Spectral Blades will have fire- and cold-based runes
- Magic Missile is getting Glacial Spike for a rune

There will still be more Lightning skills overall, but there will be 2 Fire and 2 Cold runes, and also many more of both in the AP spender categories. It'd be nice if they changed one of Electrocute's runes to Fire as well though.
 
Yea true. How cool would it be though if we got a Lightening AP spender like Chain Lightening?

Problem i have with signature spells is they just feel so weak and unappealing to use. They're just filler.
 
Dude, reading the major reworks to the skills is like a breath of fresh air. That's how they should have been all along. What a fucking joke; this was semi-basic stuff that should have been realized years before release, and instead of moving the genre forward, Blizzard has been spending the past year+ just bring us back to par.

That being said, I'm a sucker and will definitely be buying the xpac if these turn out to be true. The changes to Prismatic armor, all the skills...they all appear usable now to some extent, particularly with the elemental tuning that means you can synergize them better. Even mirror images looks pretty damn appealing right now.

I am looking forward to the crusader, I like tanking with a shield. I do wish they brought the druid back however; I loved going wolf-mode with insane attack speed and ripping monsters' faces off.
 
Yep. I'll bet they feel they have the necromancer covered because of the WD.

There is that one special event with the D2 necro in it, i'm assuming he made it slightly further than just the drawing board, given they made a model (+ voice?) for him.

Think there is any chance of them announcing another class? I would think they'd do some sort of demon / demon-esque class.
 
There is that one special event with the D2 necro in it, i'm assuming he made it slightly further than just the drawing board, given they made a model (+ voice?) for him.

Think there is any chance of them announcing another class? I would think they'd do some sort of demon / demon-esque class.

i spent some time this morning looking into it

a blue post said

no plans to add another class :|
 
The real question is how many next are they going to have is it going to be 1 or 2. I'd be fine with either.

From what I remember reading about their schedule, Diablo 3 was going to have 2 Expansions. RoS and another. But its Blizzard so who really knows.
 
The real question is how many next are they going to have is it going to be 1 or 2. I'd be fine with either.

There were a leaked slide from a Blizzard meeting awhile back that had two Diablo 3 expansions on it, along with a timeline for Titan, WoW expacs, etc.
 
There were a leaked slide from a Blizzard meeting awhile back that had two Diablo 3 expansions on it, along with a timeline for Titan, WoW expacs, etc.

Its going to be a hard sell getting me to come back to D3 even with 2 expansions.
 
It'll be interesting to see how the removal of the AH affects hardcore mode. In hardcore mode, unless you enjoyed running over the same ground for weeks on end, you had to resort to the AH in order to make any reasonable progress.
 
Back
Top