• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

There is still a lack of content to deal with.

um expiation pack? that is likely to come out around the same time
and really it doesnt seem like there is any less content then there was in D2
when it first came out
you can really compare D2 with all its add on to a new game and i think a lot of people are still doing that
 
um expiation pack? that is likely to come out around the same time
and really it doesnt seem like there is any less content then there was in D2
when it first came out
you can really compare D2 with all its add on to a new game and i think a lot of people are still doing that

I assume that you meant "can't"...but I have no idea why. Why would anyone expect D3 to provide the exact same experience as vanilla D2 when there has been a D2 expansion pack, many patches, and over 10 years since then? Why would anyone expect the devs to not have learned anything since then?

But let's say I accept that it is unfair to compare D3 to D2 + a single expansion pack that added a single act...D3 has no randomly generated maps. D2 did not need LoD to introduce randomly generated content.
 
Just made these gloves for my Witchdoctor, what do you guys think?


No crit chance= worthless. You need crit chance on every piece you can get it on. Gloves and amulets can roll 10% cirt chance while rings can only rol 6, so you want 10 on the gloves-- or 8.5 +
 
No crit chance= worthless. You need crit chance on every piece you can get it on. Gloves and amulets can roll 10% cirt chance while rings can only rol 6, so you want 10 on the gloves-- or 8.5 +

I see, well better luck next time I suppose.
 
Last edited:
They are getting rid of the gold AH too? I won't be playing ever again if that's the case. Already experienced that awfulness in PoE. Not that anyone cares ;)

I can't believe people want to go back to "trading." What a disaster. I can't wait to see the whining about how awful trading is without the AH.
 
They are getting rid of the gold AH too? I won't be playing ever again if that's the case. Already experienced that awfulness in PoE. Not that anyone cares ;)

I can't believe people want to go back to "trading." What a disaster. I can't wait to see the whining about how awful trading is without the AH.

i think they can make it work.

maybe we will see AFK Shops/Lobbies or something , with integrated searching and filters.

or perhaps some sort of "offline" trading GUI where you can put up items you are willing to part with, someone offers their items, you can negotiate, and then the trade happens and you don't even have to be in-game(or maybe you do, who knows)... or ever see the other player... the items just get taken out of storage (or trade storage/limbo).

Hell, I can even see some D3Trade iPhone/Android app happening.

I'm thinking like the new trading system Steam just implemented.

We'll see...
 
current d3 pretty much is boring to play.
any of these games is all about gear drop not playing stockbroker.
 
current d3 pretty much is boring to play.
any of these games is all about gear drop not playing stockbroker.

I had over a billion gold in HC and I never resold anything. I sold items when I found them through the AH and through JSP for big ticket items. Set it and forget it on the AH mostly. That's how it should be. No AH will be awful. I'm calling it now. People will wish they had it back.
 
Amulet.png


Just found this amulet...should I sell or keep it?
 
No Auction House will be awesome!

It will weed out those who suck at the game and spend all their time flipping items. All that will be left is the core gamers who actually play the game for fun and interest of playing the game.

Bring back Gheed and gambling.:D
 
No Auction House will be awesome!

It will weed out those who suck at the game and spend all their time flipping items. All that will be left is the core gamers who actually play the game for fun and interest of playing the game.

Bring back Gheed and gambling.:D

Is this a real post?

I honestly can't tell.
 
Well one good thing comes out of removing the ah/rmah is I can get rid of that stupid authenticator. If they hack into my account somehow after that who freaking cares...
 
Well one good thing comes out of removing the ah/rmah is I can get rid of that stupid authenticator. If they hack into my account somehow after that who freaking cares...

I'd care. Hack into your game steal all your shit. Still sucks ass.



I'd say RMAH was suppose to fund the support of the AH infrastructure. Without the RMAH they can't (or rather don't want to) fund the Gold AH. There is a monthly cost to Blizzard for keeping the AH running....that and the AH caused a lot of backlash.

I don't really care either way I find this game fun as shit if you have a few friends to play it with. AH really is a none factor for me.
 
I'd care. Hack into your game steal all your shit. Still sucks ass.



I'd say RMAH was suppose to fund the support of the AH infrastructure. Without the RMAH they can't (or rather don't want to) fund the Gold AH. There is a monthly cost to Blizzard for keeping the AH running....that and the AH caused a lot of backlash.

I don't really care either way I find this game fun as shit if you have a few friends to play it with. AH really is a none factor for me.

At that point I don't care...steal all my digital characters and digital loot, so what. At least they won't get anything of value as my battle.net email and password is completely different than anything else I have. I''ll just try to get it straightened out with rollback, start over or quit. Don''t get me wrong I wouldn't like it but I've definitely already got my money's worth. Nobody I'm trying to impress with my epeen characters...
 
Things still have value, just not in game. There will be plenty of selling shit 3rd party.

They could possibly kill that as well if they made everything good account bound....Which would have killed most of the AH as well. Its possible that account bound is part of their plan.

That would be somewhat cool because we'd have NO people who relied on money instead of time invested.
 
They could possibly kill that as well if they made everything good account bound....Which would have killed most of the AH as well. Its possible that account bound is part of their plan.

That would be somewhat cool because we'd have NO people who relied on money instead of time invested.

I'm guessing that's one of the reasons behind shutting down the AH. I have a feeling most of the good items are going to be account bound.
 
What I don't get is why crafted items are account bound. This makes absolutely no sense and undermines trade promotion. Blizzard claims they want us, the players to trade but gives us less options to do so.
 
What I don't get is why crafted items are account bound. This makes absolutely no sense and undermines trade promotion. Blizzard claims they want us, the players to trade but gives us less options to do so.

They are trying to kill botting more than they are trying to promote trading. There is no ideal solution.
 
They could possibly kill that as well if they made everything good account bound....Which would have killed most of the AH as well. Its possible that account bound is part of their plan.

That would be somewhat cool because we'd have NO people who relied on money instead of time invested.

People would still be buying and selling accounts. So it wouldnt eliminate people paying for the best items but it would sure help a lot.
 
People would still be buying and selling accounts. So it wouldnt eliminate people paying for the best items but it would sure help a lot.
Makes me wonder why people think it's a good idea to cripple one of the best parts about Diablo, while not even solving the problem it's supposed to fix?

Account bound gear only helps RMT sites and botters more than without it because legit players can't trade their best gear for other best gear. They either have to start all over again or turn to illegitimate means to get back where they were.
 
They should have just made things bind on equip. You either use it, or you sell it. That's it.

Buy use resell is what made the economy ridiculous.
 
Ah yes, Blizzards endless quest to stop the inevitable.

And that's why I think people who believe Blizzard is killing the AH due to customer "demands" are stupid.

The AH was/is not the problem. Blizzard's greed is. If drops had been tolerable rather than non existent, who really would have cared about the AH. "Oh, but the AH will kill the game anyway, because people can get all the best gear really quickly." Who cares?

People who want to play the game being self found can play the game self found. People who are busy could use the AH to get ahead a little quicker and get bored. It's not like they wouldn't get bored anyway. At least it's not the console where blatant cheating is considered par for the course. With decent drops and an AH, people who want to play honestly can, and those who want to skip the grind can. With pathetic drops and an AH, people who want to play honestly can't, and those who want to skip the grind can. Without an AH, people who want to play fair can, and those who want to skip the grind still can.

Removing the AH solves nothing. But it does hurt people who don't have much time for grinding and want a little help along the way. Now, Blizzard just reintroduces the same problem they claimed they implemented the AH to prevent.

Now, there certainly are reasons to remove the AH. One would be if it wasn't bringing in the cash we all thought it was. If the AH was draining Blizzard's resources, of course it makes sense to shut it down. And voila, they can even make a fake excuse to how they are catering to our demands to seem like the good guys when in reality, we never really were much of thought when it came to the removal.

The AH was implemented with greed on the mind and it turned out to be a failed experiment. But even if it was unmaintainable, I'd have rather heard the truth than be treated with the disrespect that we are now.
 
Now, there certainly are reasons to remove the AH. One would be if it wasn't bringing in the cash we all thought it was. If the AH was draining Blizzard's resources, of course it makes sense to shut it down. And voila, they can even make a fake excuse to how they are catering to our demands to seem like the good guys when in reality, we never really were much of thought when it came to the removal.
this is my suspicion, too
 
With reaper people will get awesome, amazing drops. People will be max gear'd relatively quickly, and get bored, relatively quickly. You'll get geared, get bored...but WAIT, patch time! Sweet, another few ilvls of gear, another few misc challenges...ugh bored again, rinse/repeat two more times, and then expansion rumors start. Sound familiar? Its the tried and true wow formula. The rmah experiment is done (thankfully), only a tarnished reputation (that younger players will quickly forget) is the cost. Back to the safe zone for blizz.

And most of you will say I'm full of it.
 
We get it. We're also tired of your mindless trolling. At least try and get creative next time.
 
And...? There's a pretty huge difference between WoW and Diablo even if they're using the same formula. The whole reason I gave up on WoW is I got tired of having to rely on 9 - 24 other idiots to actually show up to get anything done. In Diablo you can play as little or as much as you want, without any commitment requirements. Diablo is basically the "single player instances" that everyone asks for in WoW.

Not only that, playing Diablo is actually fun. Ground stomp + hammer crits on a huge pack of demons, causing thousands of pieces to fly across the screen brings a smile to my face no matter how many times I do it. A journey is more about the steps taken along the way, and not the end result.
 
We need to accept these games (D3, PoE, etc) are trash. The whole ARPG genre is trash. Mindlessly killing shit to you can get "loot" so you can trade it with other people is just awful when you really break it down. Neither have a narrative worth a shit. The gameplay is the same as it's always been. It's boring, repetitive trash. You can get the exact same type of gratification from pressing one button on a slot machine game on your smartphone over and over.
 
We need to accept these games (Doom, CoD, BF, etc) are trash. The whole FPS genre is trash. Mindlessly killing shit is just awful when you really break it down. Neither have a narrative worth a shit. The gameplay is the same as it's always been. It's boring, repetitive trash. You can get the exact same type of gratification from pressing one button on a slot machine game on your smartphone over and over.
 
We need to accept these games (Doom, CoD, BF, etc) are trash. The whole FPS genre is trash. Mindlessly killing shit is just awful when you really break it down. Neither have a narrative worth a shit. The gameplay is the same as it's always been. It's boring, repetitive trash. You can get the exact same type of gratification from pressing one button on a slot machine game on your smartphone over and over.

The difference is those games actually take some level of skill/ability. Games like D3/PoE do not.
 
Been thinking about giving D3 another chance. Has the D3 loot system on PC gotten better at all since launch? Specifically for item progression in the campaign solo play from the start? I stopped playing about a month after launch since the loot system was so disappointing.

If not much improvement has been made, I'll just wait for Loot 2.0
 
The difference is those games actually take some level of skill/ability. Games like D3/PoE do not.

*waves BS flag*

Sorry, but take a group of softcore players and put them in hardcore mode and watch how many of them die, complain, or quit shortly after. When I used to play D2 a lot, I loved going to softcore and watching the sheer amount of players die to normal Big D. Those action-RPG games may not be as skill intensive as FPS games in general, but that's not to say some skill is not involved. This is coming from a lifelong DooM fan since shareware.
 
The difference is those games actually take some level of skill/ability. Games like D3/PoE do not.

What I don't think you understand is that any oversimplification of anything, game or otherwise can make anything seem pointless, or in the case of games not fun. I could reduce most sports to running back and forth with a ball, fps's to killing things (or other players), computer programming to understanding syntax and commands, or the way a car works with the auto-cycle. What I wanted to illustrate to you with my (admittedly) troll, is that I could easily say what you said about any genre, or indeed any of the things I just listed.

Reducing Diablo 3 to killing things and a slot machine is a gross oversimplification, and just like reduction doesn't do any justice to any of the things I just mentioned above, so it is with the aRPG genre. If you don't like it, that's fine. Just like certain people don't like sports, coding, FPS's, or anything else. People are still playing the game and enjoying it, and your hatred of the genre in general isn't useful for discussing the topic.

Skill is irrelevant. Enjoyment is. I could argue that balancing a 2"x4" for 24 hours end on end on your head takes more skill than playing an FPS. But that doesn't make it fun. I don't particularly enjoy playing Facebook games (ala Farmville, etc) but some do. It's about fun. Sorry you're not having any, at least not with this game.
 
The difference is those games actually take some level of skill/ability. Games like D3/PoE do not.

I take it you've never played Public games with randoms?

I only tried it out twice and it made me wish there was a mandatory IQ test before playing any multiplayer games.

Don't get me wrong, these games are pretty easy, but the large majority of the population are laughably terrible at them for some reason.
 
Back
Top