Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

So when I get geared up enough...need 3 more pieces...Is anyone ballsy enough to fight some ubers on HardCore?

If I solo'd it I'd have to do at least MP 4 in order to make it worth it but that is dangerous. If we were able to get like 4 people to split the machine and Key cost we could get away with doing MP2 because we'd have 4 times the keys.


Not sure when I'll be ready though I have enough keys for 3 machines.....but I still don't have the infernal Machine plans....lost my last monk trying to get that.
 
I'd be in, synergy for multiple monks is amazing. I actually haven't run ubers without being carried, so I'd be scared to do more than MP2 for a while. I'm in no rush to get a new ring.
 
Wouldn't ubers be a death trap? Like, if you realize you can't take it, there's no running away is there?
 
You could possibly kick yourself out by logging in with another computer.

I'll just play it safe and do some runs on my sc wizard at mp2. She has between a third to half the EHP of my monk, so I'll see how she fares on MP2. I'll also list the mobs hp when I get in there.

Do you have an eta Steve? I'm hoping for 400k EHP, 80k dps and life steal before trying ubers. Maybe this Saturday?
 
You could possibly kick yourself out by logging in with another computer.

I'll just play it safe and do some runs on my sc wizard at mp2. She has between a third to half the EHP of my monk, so I'll see how she fares on MP2. I'll also list the mobs hp when I get in there.

Do you have an eta Steve? I'm hoping for 400k EHP, 80k dps and life steal before trying ubers. Maybe this Saturday?

Luck will play a big part in my ETA. I still have to craft 3 good items which can take some time....Probably next week end I'd imagine.

You can Town Portal out if you are in danger.... assuming you can get away far enough to not get hit while TPing. But for the most part it is a death trap if you can't handle it.

with 2+ players Witch Doctors and Monks should be ok if they have their safety nets on. Once your near death has triggered you can go hide or TP out for a bit while the 2 or 3 other people keep the boss busy.

Plus I use Mantra of Evasion - Divine Protection which triggers when below 25% health and reduces damage by 80% for 3 seconds which also helps a ton for safety. Especially if you have like 60k life because you'll have 12k life when the 80% reduction triggers and 12k life with 80% reductions is really hard to die with.
 
I'll run the following

Circular breathing for hp/sec and spirit/sec
Passive that reduces enemy damage by 20%
Spirit generator attack that slows enemy attack by 20%

Maybe the other passive that also increases our damage when I heal us.
 
I have been farming on MP2/MP3 without much difficulty lately on my WD

I think I only have a single key from act 1 and act 2
 
I'll run the following

Circular breathing for hp/sec and spirit/sec
Passive that reduces enemy damage by 20%
Spirit generator attack that slows enemy attack by 20%

Maybe the other passive that also increases our damage when I heal us.

Is that passive ALL enemy damage? or just physical?

The mage's is only physical at 20% iirc.

With that passive the monk has, if it's all damage, does that mean monks can passively take 50% less damage than all the other classes? >_____>
 
All, and its all enemy damage done to all players when I hit them.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/passive/resolve

Damage reduction is multiplicative so it would be 70% for melee times 80% for me hitting them with that passive, so 56% dmg reduction not including other modifiers.

yeah this is a pretty cool skill to use with Submission
~Enemies affected by Mantra of Conviction take 12% weapon damage per second as Holy.

These two together pretty much means they always do 25% less. Also works good with the sweeping Wind - Cyclone as the tornado's constantly hit people outside of the small range of sweeping wind...Downside is people like Kool and Magna often avoid your damage thus do full damage.

having 3 monks 1 with Submission and Resolve and the another with Divine Protection or hard target the last with Time of Need makes for a pretty bad ass team.
25% less damage taken,
12% more damage done,
20 % more resistances and 620 lps,
15% more dodge and (20 % more armor or 80% damage reduction after 25%),

Toss in a barb for the 4th member and forget about dying.
 
Last edited:
yeah this is a pretty cool skill to use with Submission
~Enemies affected by Mantra of Conviction take 12% weapon damage per second as Holy.

These two together pretty much means they always do 25% less. Also works good with the sweeping Wind - Cyclone as the tornado's constantly hit people outside of the small range of sweeping wind...Downside is people like Kool and Magna often avoid your damage thus do full damage.

having 3 monks 1 with Submission and Resolve and the another with Divine Protection or hard target the last with Time of Need makes for a pretty bad ass team.
25% less damage taken,
12% more damage done,
20 % more resistances and 620 lps,
15% more dodge and (20 % more armor or 80% damage reduction after 25%),

Toss in a barb for the 4th member and forget about dying.
That sounds awesome, lets do it!
 
Hehehe...

Screenshot024_zps1a3e42dc.jpg

Screenshot023_zps281eab26.jpg
 
Man I wish that Inna's reach would come without attack speed. that extra attack speed makes tempest rush drain too quickly for me to use it. Spirit Regen weapon is the dream but it will never come true.


I'm pretty sure Brimstones are like 60k so at minimum you just gained 45k
 
Man I wish that Inna's reach would come without attack speed. that extra attack speed makes tempest rush drain too quickly for me to use it. Spirit Regen weapon is the dream but it will never come true.


I'm pretty sure Brimstones are like 60k so at minimum you just gained 45k

My plan is to use it for an Ioncannon build, or rather, a build based on using Lashing Tail Kick - Hand of Ytar. I specifically wanted a life steal version with LTK reduction, so at 15K this was a hilarious steal.
 
Yeah, fastest steady gold for me is act 1 mp0. Kill speed is fast and I sell tomes for 8-9k a pop.

Festering woods
Cemetery
Leorics manor to the entrance
Fields of misery for key warden and all the random locations

Resplendent chests are great for tomes;hence, clearing all of fields of misery and its extra locations past keywarden.


I can do MP1, but my kill speed drops dramatically. It's nice for higher drop ranges, but more rng.
we talking tomb of secrets? mine are only at 895 a pop
 
Successfully beat the 4th key warden on MP4 five times in order to get my Infernal machine.

made 2 infernal machines so far. MP4 seems to be the right way to go for me. I did a couple of MP5's which popped my near death experience....too close for comfort.

Still haven't gotten Ideal glove, bracers, or amulet. But I have aceptable ones...even If I had to find one of them.

also managed to find all the gem plans to get me a 100% crit gem....its been a long time since jewel crafted up to one of those damn it was expensive....Good thing I found that bad ass Grandfather sword which sold for 6 million.

Also tried a strange build which was slow, but put me in extreme tank mode did some MP7 just fine...but too slow. It used tempest rush - Slipstream 25% damage reduction and mantra of conviction - Intimidation 10% damage reduction....If I could manage more spirit regin or dropped Near Death I could add in Resolve for another 20%...but that seemed to be unneeded.

Currently at
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/34386764

EHP Unbuffed: 873,829

Want Dex, Vit, allres, Crit, Life Per second Amulet, Gloves, and Bracers.......I'll likely never manage to get it....it doesn't even really exist in the auction house.
 
Last edited:
How did you get the money for a RS gem so quickly? That like 30 mil in crafting mats!

I had a bunch of high level green gems from previous play through's so it wasn't quite that much.

I made in the AH. I sold all my extra purple, red, and yellow gems and have been selling my low level stuff for the past few days. The 6 million I made with the grandfather sword was the last little bit I needed....still have 2 million left over.

Almost went with a purple gem but that would have cost me at least twice as much because I already had a bunch of green gems.

Went from PL 6ish to PL 12 with no extra EXP last night from just key farming....had a pretty good night.
 
I miss playing d3 lol but playing when it 1st came out was ridiculous... Drop rates sucked. And the legendary stats are even worst than yellows... And then they fixed everything after I stop playing lol... Gg
 
I miss playing d3 lol but playing when it 1st came out was ridiculous... Drop rates sucked. And the legendary stats are even worst than yellows... And then they fixed everything after I stop playing lol... Gg

Not *everything*...

I really want my Arcane Wiz back, but the damage ratios are just shit. They half-fixed it with the buff to Temporal Flux though.

--

I read some nonsense on the intarwebs last night about blizz extending the 30% damage reduction to all classes? Is this true? Does anyone have the PTR patch notes anywhere?
 
Not *everything*...

I really want my Arcane Wiz back, but the damage ratios are just shit. They half-fixed it with the buff to Temporal Flux though.

--

I read some nonsense on the intarwebs last night about blizz extending the 30% damage reduction to all classes? Is this true? Does anyone have the PTR patch notes anywhere?

With my favorite class being a DH (which I rarely play anymore) I'd welcome it, but I'd rather have them do something different for range classes. I always thought it'd be cool to give them free 12% movement speed or 15-30% dodge or a damage increase, something like that.
 
With my favorite class being a DH (which I rarely play anymore) I'd welcome it, but I'd rather have them do something different for range classes. I always thought it'd be cool to give them free 12% movement speed or 15-30% dodge or a damage increase, something like that.

Yea I agree. IMO each class should have their own unique passive instead of the way its done right now.

Monks - Dodge
Barbs - Armor
Wiz - AllRes
DH - Movement Speed
WD - ??

Ideally though, any character should be able to go Armor spec or dodge spec if they want. But i don't think the itemization makes this possible.
 
Well Blizzard can do any number of changes to improve this game...Figuring out which one is the right one has got to be a pretty difficult one. Figuring what would be a patch or what would be part of an expansion pack.

The hardest fix they could do is likely making the items work.
The most profitable fix is making better items as it'll make people want to gear up.

If I was in charge of D3 the first fix I'd make would be low level legendary's. Its a simple and quick fix.

The second change would be how none primary stats effect the character making them better to have. For instance if every 1 primary stat = 1 extra damage I'd add in 4 none primary stats adds 1 damage. That way if you find a glove with 200 strength and you are a wizard it will be equivalent to 50 int for DPS along with the armor bonus.......Or something of this nature. this fix should be fairly simple as well.

The third change would be reworking skills and runes. Removing/changing useless skills like change Mantra of Retribution to Mantra of All. It does a little bit of all 3 useful mantras like add 5% dodge, 5% damage, 400 Life per second or a what ever else works. Add a power attack to the Demon Hunter. Add a strong lightning attack to the wizard....like a real chain lightning.....and bring in mother fucking frost orb and remove that stupid Ice beam attack.

The 4th change better statistics kind of like a score board. Pop into an Uber battle with some friends and it will track things like Damage done, Damage take, HP lost, near death, and hand out award like Damage king, Defense king, most useless, ect...

The 5th change would be cow town....fuck pony town give me some fucking cows to fuck.

Then I'd build the expansion back which would be all the Diablo 2 maps....Yeah its nothing new but we all know and want them. Mother fucking Jungle in D3 would be cool as hell.
 
If I was in charge of D3 the first fix I'd make would be low level legendary's. Its a simple and quick fix.

The second change would be how non primary stats effect the character making them better to have. For instance if every 1 primary stat = 1 extra damage I'd add in 4 non primary stats adds 1 damage. That way if you find a glove with 200 strength and you are a wizard it will be equivalent to 50 int for DPS along with the armor bonus.......Or something of this nature. this fix should be fairly simple as well.

The third change would be reworking skills and runes. Removing/changing useless skills like change Mantra of Retribution to Mantra of All. It does a little bit of all 3 useful mantras like add 5% dodge, 5% damage, 400 Life per second or a what ever else works. Add a power attack to the Demon Hunter. Add a strong lightning attack to the wizard....like a real chain lightning.....and bring in mother fucking frost orb and remove that stupid Ice beam attack.

The 4th change better statistics kind of like a score board. Pop into an Uber battle with some friends and it will track things like Damage done, Damage take, HP lost, near death, and hand out award like Damage king, Defense king, most useless, ect...

The 5th change would be cow town....fuck pony town give me some fucking cows to fuck.

Then I'd build the expansion back which would be all the Diablo 2 maps....Yeah its nothing new but we all know and want them. Mother fucking Jungle in D3 would be cool as hell.

Yea the stats have bugged me since day 1. What's funny to me is that the answer is right in front of them. If they buffed the hell out of what each stat did that's all they'd have to do.

Remove the innate 30% damage reduction. Then, without touching the damage bonuses for the various classes:
Make Str give a ton of armor.
Make Dex give a ton of dodge.
Make Int give a ton of AllRes.
Vit is okay as-is.

All of a sudden you'd have diversity in gear.

Having an off-stat at that point would be welcome because the defenses would be worth it.

Barbs would still be beefy with armor becuase they're going Str anyway. Int/Dex on their gear would still be attractive.

Monks would be evasive bastards because they get damage out of Dex...

You'd see melee wizards and WD's grabbing Strength/Dex as off-stats so they could face-tank with their short-range moves/specs.

Also--I'm pretty sure whoever designed resists was dyslexic. They need to reverse the possible values for All Resist vs Single resist. Single resists should have greater potential values because well, they only cover one type of damage. All resists, as a catch-all, should have lower values.

Your other changes are also right on the money, imo.
 
Im really not a fan of specific resists at all, the issue with that goes deep into end game design.

If there were some sort of progression or zones with more specific resists, then it would make sense. There's never a reason to go high arcane/holy resist heavy, its basically all or nothing. If they had, holy zones, fire zones, etc. then it would be worth building separate sets. That's a long term issue though. The only ever use for stacking a resist is monks OWE passive
 
Im really not a fan of specific resists at all, the issue with that goes deep into end game design.

If there were some sort of progression or zones with more specific resists, then it would make sense. There's never a reason to go high arcane/holy resist heavy, its basically all or nothing. If they had, holy zones, fire zones, etc. then it would be worth building separate sets. That's a long term issue though. The only ever use for stacking a resist is monks OWE passive

I wouldn't mind the specific resist if they didn't take up an entire stat on the item. Like if they have full stats and half or even quarter stats. That way if you got 50 fire res instead of being hosed it would give you another stat or at least part of another stat.

Or they could tie specific res in with All res so every all res stat carried a random specific res with it.

Or they could tie specific res with other stats as well. Str - Fire res, Int - Arcane res, vit, poison res, dex - Ice Res, Armor - physical res.

But rolling a specific res sucks.......It would be better if it was just Magic Res and Physical res.


this just furthers the point that there is just SO much that can be done with this game. If they'd actually get shit done this could be the best game ever.....Until then its just a good game which is cool.
 


I'm pretty bad at pricing, where do I price these? (Hardcore items)

The ring has high avg damage, but nothing stellar.

The belt, although no vit, has 274 str. Cheapest 250 str belt on the ah goes for 59mil buyout
 


I'm pretty bad at pricing, where do I price these? (Hardcore items)

The ring has high avg damage, but nothing stellar.

The belt, although no vit, has 274 str. Cheapest 250 str belt on the ah goes for 59mil buyout

haha checking the prices and I see your Wailing Host....2 to 10 seems about right.

For the belt I'd do 44 Million. Which is about 5 or 6 less than what its worth based on what is currently on the AH....hopefully move it faster.

Looks like your money issues are over....I found the sickest pants I could ask for 20 minutes ago.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/34386764
 
Yea I agree. IMO each class should have their own unique passive instead of the way its done right now.

Monks - Dodge
Barbs - Armor
Wiz - AllRes
DH - Movement Speed
WD - ??

Ideally though, any character should be able to go Armor spec or dodge spec if they want. But i don't think the itemization makes this possible.

Since D3 players like to be able to pick and choose skills at will, why not let them choose which of these they want in the same manner?
 
Decided I'd do a solo HC Uber run on MP4....after all I wouldn't want to invite people into an uber match and then die myself.

Managed it quite easily...recorded it so you could see...link to video

they Gave me 2 out of 3 of the parts which isn't bad for MP4.

....the worst part about doing this is I KNOW my first 1000 hell fire rings are going to suck...if Soft core is any indication....going to do them all in Vitality so the bad rings can be used for new characters.....

played for 4 hours and managed:
~3 new crafted items
~found - badass Depth Diggers, Chantodo's force (below average), 2xstorm crows (standard), and 2 of the shitty crossbows.
~PL12 to PL17
~Two infernal machines
~beat ubers got 2 body parts
~most importantly I didn't die....yet.

.....Solid night OverAwe
 
Last edited:
Decided I'd do a solo HC Uber run on MP4....after all I wouldn't want to invite people into an uber match and then die myself.

Managed it quite easily...recorded it so you could see...link

they Gave me 2 out of 3 of the parts which isn't bad for MP4.

....the worst part about doing this is I KNOW my first 1000 hell fire rings are going to suck...if Soft core is any indication....going to do them all in Vitality so the bad rings can be used for new characters.....

played for 4 hours and managed:
~3 new crafted items
~found - badass Depth Diggers, Chantodo's force (below average), 2xstorm crows (standard), and 2 of the shitty crossbows.
~PL12 to PL17
~Two infernal machines
~beat ubers got 2 body parts
~most importantly I didn't die....yet.

.....Solid night OverAwe

What class?
 
What class?

Monk ftw.

Wave of light stun lock is great.

Got a LS skorn for 20 mil, but my DPS took a near 10% hit

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deliverer-1886/hero/33882289

Now for the push to 80k dps again while keeping my EHP above 450k. I dunno how much I want to invest a new ring if I'm gonna go for infernals soon.

Our Skorns are damn close to the same. Mine was my last monks old weapon so no clue what I paid for it....I wish I could get taco bell's scorn back because it was sick.

I have a pretty hardy stash of good rings I can part with

Option 1
57 DEX
146 Vit
70 all res
4.0 crit

Option 2
68 dex
72 vit
Life regen 285
Crit damage 38
Crit chance 6.0

Option 3 litany of the undaunted currently equipped ( will have to wait till I get a good hell fire ring though )

I keep all kinds of good monk gear just in case I die and have to restart.
 
Last edited:
I keep all kinds of good monk gear just in case I die and have to restart.

That's why I've been leveling a second WD even though mine is still alive lol. To keep a good set of back up gear in a way I can easily see what I have and should keep
 
Back
Top