Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

400 Mil down. Upgraded my Natalya's reflection from 4.5 crit nothing special to 5.5 crit 40 allres 30 cold....Been farming MP 9 for essence and have acctually been getting killed.....Crafted a stupid pair of Cold gloves so I had to switch from Fire.....Still crafting amulets with every essence I get.

The worst financial part for me is I have a Wizard, Barb, and Monk....Spliting the gear between the 3 sure does cost a bit....Focusing on my monk right now due to wave of light being awesome.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075786

I could up my DPS a ton by getting stronger weapons But I'd lose my life per spirit spent....Perfectly happy with 127k

I'm at 231k unbuffed or 249k unbuffed if I swap weapons. I still only farm mp7 for essence. mp8 just takes a bit longer than I like. The only time I go to mp9 - 10 is if I'm key farming or doing ubers. Don't have the patience to do mp9 for essence farming. heh

I'm at 231k unbuffed or 249k unbuffed if I swap weapons. I still only farm mp7 for essence. mp8 just takes a bit longer than I like. The only time I go to mp9 - 10 is if I'm key farming or doing ubers. Don't have the patience to do mp9 for essence farming. heh

yep I do essence and Keys at the same time, try to get the most I can out of my 5 stack. Still don't have a good Crit Hell fire ring.

.....Just saw that my Marquise gem will cost me 5 million to remove....That blows now I can't swap my gems out.

239k dps! that's crazy. I have been doing some farming with friends and got some "junk" legendary items and I have come up to 104k dps. This is my profile. Ignore the build, I have been experimenting...

I haven't played in a pretty long time, so get confirmation from someone else in the thread first. But if you replace your offhand with a Triumvirate that rolls 6-6-6 and high average damage you'll really boost your damage output. When I played I was able to purchase these for less than a mil.

I haven't played in a pretty long time, so get confirmation from someone else in the thread first. But if you replace your offhand with a Triumvirate that rolls 6-6-6 and high average damage you'll really boost your damage output. When I played I was able to purchase these for less than a mil.

Yep that's the offhand I use when I'm not skorning. 222k when using it and 233K when using Skorn.......

Its pretty sad my 233k Wizard doesn't do as much damage as my 130k Monk....Nor does he have the same survivability.

Yep that's the offhand I use when I'm not skorning. 222k when using it and 233K when using Skorn.......

Its pretty sad my 233k Wizard doesn't do as much damage as my 130k Monk....Nor does he have the same survivability.

Yup I can do 225K dps with my Wiz but he's a glass canon at that point and dies a little at MP3 and higher or do 180K with more all res and 46-50k life and pretty much tank MP5. My Barb can tank MP3 with 100K dps...that makes me sad panda as my Wiz is funner than my twirly Barb.

My monk has 150k unbuffed dps and can do MP3-4 runs with the same run time as MP0 without dying (beside being too cocky with some combos like molten/plagued/arcane and not getting out of pools). I'm still trying to work to get it past 200k dps but it's getting into 200 millions to 1 billion for each item. I can kill each elite pack in 30 seconds or less at MP4.

I had a DH with about 235k dps but I'm feeling she's slower and more fragile than the monk. I had a hard time doing MP3 efficienly without dying a few times so I decided to shelve her in favor of my new monk.

Yup I can do 225K dps with my Wiz but he's a glass canon at that point and dies a little at MP3 and higher or do 180K with more all res and 46-50k life and pretty much tank MP5. My Barb can tank MP3 with 100K dps...that makes me sad panda as my Wiz is funner than my twirly Barb.

Yeah I have a 90k DPS Barb that doesn't die ever at any difficulty.....But Twirly Barb is about as fun Identifying items.

My wizard is pretty solid all around Force Armor + Life Per second + Life Steal keeps him alive most the time up to MP8. Anything Higher than MP8 I have to switch from AKon build to something else which ends up killing me.

The monk however is just broken at the moment with Wave of light doing 800+% weapon damage....and dropping bells that destroy everything is so much more fun than Twirly Barb or AKon. Its also the fastest class if you use Tempest rush and have a bit of spirit regen.

This is what MP8 looks like to a bell monk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhoiTAsSQZE

.....Just saw that my Marquise gem will cost me 5 million to remove....That blows now I can't swap my gems out.

That is just dumb. Completely prohibitive of any fun element possible in jewelcrafting.

So i take it in the half-year it's been since i played this game, they still haven't made diamond skin scale? (or many any other number of possible changes to help improve survivability)

So i take it in the half-year it's been since i played this game, they still haven't made diamond skin scale? (or many any other number of possible changes to help improve survivability)

Dunno where those conclusions are coming from. Diamond skin is extremely powerful with critical mass.

Yay, constantly re-casting diamond skin! :p Meanwhile, the monk takes 30% less damage inherently and gets a 3-second full damage bubble. Makes sense.

That is just dumb. Completely prohibitive of any fun element possible in jewelcrafting.

Nope.....But on the scales of things broken things in diablo 3 that need fixing Diamond skin is likely at the bottom of the list and rightly so.

I used to love meteor builds......But 260% damage at 35 out of 80/100/120 AP just doesn't cut it when comparing too Wave of lights 829% for 45 out of 150/250 Spirit...All the wizards big spells need some work. Ray of Frost, Arcane Orb, Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, and meteor all need adjusting (Ray of Frost, Arcane torrent, and Disintegrate need to be replaced with better skills IMO)

Game is far from perfect, and it largest flaws are pretty much unfixable (even more so with the launch of the console version), but they are likely far from being done with D3 and every change they have made has been for the better, damage reductions arguably not, but they added MP to make it harder / more tedious.

Yay, constantly re-casting diamond skin! :p Meanwhile, the monk takes 30% less damage inherently and gets a 3-second full damage bubble. Makes sense.

Come on we all know that everyone uses the skill that makes it last 4 seconds.

Dunno where those conclusions are coming from. Diamond skin is extremely powerful with critical mass.

Its powerful only by lack of options. Would you choose Diamond Skin over Serenity, smoke screen, or Spirit walk? I wouldn't.

Diamond Skin lacks any real protection as you still get jailed, knockbacked, votexed, frozen, feared and those are the real killers. They should add a SkillRune that reduces duration but also protects against status effects.

Last edited:
I used to love meteor builds......But 260% damage at 35 out of 80/100/120 AP just doesn't cut it when comparing too Wave of lights 829% for 45 out of 150/250 Spirit...All the wizards big spells need some work. Ray of Frost, Arcane Orb, Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, and meteor all need adjusting (Ray of Frost, Arcane torrent, and Disintegrate need to be replaced with better skills IMO)

The monk however is just broken at the moment with Wave of light doing 800+% weapon damage....and dropping bells that destroy everything is so much more fun than Twirly Barb or AKon. Its also the fastest class if you use Tempest rush and have a bit of spirit regen.
Yea these changes really make no sense. I understand there are a lot of moves in the game, and that balancing them is not an easy nor trivial task. However, it appears that they don't even look at other moves when doing these changes.

The huge damage upgrade to both blizzard and wave of light just reek of inexperience. When a spec has 6 moves in it, you MUST look at other moves and balance things accordingly.

And i would love it if my wizard could grab some strength gear, then with that added strength equip other gear with better armor so that i too could have this 30% damage reduction (one of the stupidest things in the game).

1.08 @PCGamer
Here’s what they have planned for the update:

Tags to let you specify Questing, Full Act Clear, Keywarden, or PvP based play for server matchmaking
XP buffs – Values are still being tweaked, but Blizzard are currently looking at an extra 10% XP per player
Monster health reduced from 70% extra per player to 50%
An “Identify All”, so players spend less time investigating their inventory
Archon duration to be extended by assists
Notifications whenever a player deals or takes damage from an Elite Pack or Treasure Goblins
Players Near You will list anyone on your local network
Private chat for up to 99 friends

Seems a couple of my buddies wives likes to play D3. I hope they don't try to include me in their miser... err plans. :) These changes do look like the interns that Blizzard allowed to develop the initial Beta builds from last May have figured out what makes a fun game a little more. That console version is looking better and better!

1.08 @PCGamer

Tags to let you specify Questing, Full Act Clear, Keywarden, or PvP based play for server matchmaking
XP buffs – Values are still being tweaked, but Blizzard are currently looking at an extra 10% XP per player
Monster health reduced from 70% extra per player to 50%
An “Identify All”, so players spend less time investigating their inventory
Archon duration to be extended by assists
Notifications whenever a player deals or takes damage from an Elite Pack or Treasure Goblins
Players Near You will list anyone on your local network
Private chat for up to 99 friends

Seems a couple of my buddies wives likes to play D3. I hope they don't try to include me in their miser... err plans. :) These changes do look like the interns that Blizzard allowed to develop the initial Beta builds from last May have figured out what makes a fun game a little more. That console version is looking better and better!

I've read that as well. To add based on Wyatt Cheng replies, the XP buff is additive so if you have 200% XP, you'll multiply the base XP gains with the % based on multiplayer (so 260% if you are in a party of 4).

That's the kind of changes I expected to see to make multiplayer valuable. Right now, I'm doing solo runs since it's more efficient.

Last edited:
I completely F'ed up my Barb build, My Monk is alot of fun to play but I am taking a break. Got up to 194k self buffed. Finding upgrades is super hard now ..... the gold people want for a 1-2% upgrade is insane. The Lucani Prowlers I have my eyes on are 800 mil :(.

I completely F'ed up my Barb build, My Monk is alot of fun to play but I am taking a break. Got up to 194k self buffed. Finding upgrades is super hard now ..... the gold people want for a 1-2% upgrade is insane. The Lucani Prowlers I have my eyes on are 800 mil :(.

How does one F up a build in Diablo 3?

Your build is your gear, im assuming he blew a ton of money on the wrong gear.

Bracers, amulet, and Gloves should and could be crafted. You can get far better than what you can buy if you have the time to grind out the crafting supplies.

How does one F up a build in Diablo 3?

Its possible by not realizing the importants of none DPS related stats. Allres, Armor, Life regen, Life leach, and Dyes. Put the wrong dye on your gear and you are fucked.:D

This can be avoided by not selling your old gear until you have fully tested your new gear. I almost fucked up my barb by buying WitchingHour belt it upped my DPS but the loss in life leach from my belt killed my WW build....Lucky for me I didn't sell my old belt and just popped it back on.

1.08 @PCGamer

Multi player consist of 90% of my play time.....However this update comes about 5 months too late as I used to have about 10 people who play regularly....now nobody does thus I don't. Multi player IMO is the most important aspect for a games longevity it seems blizzard knows this too a bit late though.

But in order for blizzard to get the players back they need too either fix the items (which wont happen) and/or release new content and play modes. WarCraft 3's Tower Defense mods added an extra 2 years of play time to the game for me and my friends.....and an entire game DOTA was made out of a mod.

I'm guessing they only have like 3 people currently working on D3 Updates. Most of the team is likely working on the Console port and the expansion pack which will probably come out 6 months to a year after the console port.

Last edited:
Geared up on the weekend. got an updated windforce and inna's temp which pushed up my SS damage to 334k dps, 175kdps no ss. My build as a DH is a mix of tank glass cannon which can survive mp7 and group mp6 no problem. If I play with some alt gear, I have a dh tank which trades some base damage (down to 145k) for attack speed 2.65aps and high survivability (1.9k regen, 3% life steal, 1200 all resist and 3900 armor and 53k hp. Been able to do solo mp7 ubers.

multiplayer is fun with a good team, I just wish for better drops during mutiplayer games to go along with the challenge of increase difficulty...

At this point they need an awesome expansion to get players back. Strangely quiet on that front.

At this point they need an awesome expansion to get players back. Strangely quiet on that front.

Considering how long it took to make the sc2 expansion I wouldnt hold my breath.

Plus they never even got the PVP out that was playable at Blizzcon 2 years ago..

Considering how long it took to make the sc2 expansion I wouldnt hold my breath.

Plus they never even got the PVP out that was playable at Blizzcon 2 years ago..

I bet they won't be doing anything until after they release it for the next gen consoles. Would not surprise me that is what is getting more attention. Just a thought...

Poor ZillianOP had an accident happening in his pants and was healed by the power of God's grace. Too bad Twitch.tv didn't see it the same way and permabanned him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af475UU30ro

No idea who that is, but that's pretty funny. :D It was a little weird watching a YouTube video inside of a YouTube video though, heh.

Edit:
uPt5jAD.gif

No idea who that is, but that's pretty funny. :D It was a little weird watching a YouTube video inside of a YouTube video though, heh.

Oh man he'd hold these telethon style gaming events where he'd play D3 for 36 hours straight begging for money to buy a wheelchair. People donated over $2,000 for his new wheelchair then he asked for $5,000 to move cross country to Arizona to be close to his girlfriend. Some people say he received more than $50,000 in donations. Twitch.tv was sticking his D3 stream on the front page for the longest time. He had endorsements and everything going for him.

Then he got banned for "Account sharing" and when people reviewed his VOD's it was discovered that he had Demon Buddy running which is a known bot program for D3. He vehemently denied it until they found the video. Now after being paralyzed for the past 2 years and begging the community for donations, he walks! It's amazing what a little mudbutt can do for you. Well looking at his face and body contortions that's what it looks like.

:)

That fish aquarium cost him $2,000 someone said.

Just out of curiosity, how did you end up with 1B gold? From what I have read the better equipped toons earn like 500k/hr, that seems like a lot of hours played?

what is a toons?

I sold gear I found. It only takes a couple great pieces to get up there you just have to play the game and get lucky. A strength Twilight with crit gave me over half of it.

Just out of curiosity, how did you end up with 1B gold? From what I have read the better equipped toons earn like 500k/hr, that seems like a lot of hours played?

I can't imagine that 1B gold is really that much nowadays. I had sold around 1B worth of gold by mid-July of last year (two months after release, when the most expensive of items were only ~10-20 mil), which is getting close to a year ago now. I am not bragging or even have anything to brag about, it's just with the rampant inflation that has occurred in Diablo 3, it seems like it really shouldn't be that difficult. FWIW, back then I made my gold by buying low, selling high.

I can't imagine that 1B gold is really that much nowadays. I had sold around 1B worth of gold by mid-July of last year (two months after release, when the most expensive of items were only ~10-20 mil)

The problem today is that 99.99999% of the items simply do not sell at all. Unless you have an item that is in the top 0.00001% forget that you can get any money for it at all. I bought a 1H Axe with 1002 dps, 217 str, +50% wep dmg, and 70% crit dmg for ~185k today. Weapons under 1k dps basically just sit on the AH and don't sell at all, not even for like 30k for an 800dps one.

So if you have old money, that's one thing, but getting to 1 bil today is tricky unless you just get lucky with drops that sell well.

I thought item stuff was supposed to be in 1.0.8 =/

http://us.battle.net//d3/en/blog/9425564

GENERAL
Players can now identify all items in their inventory by speaking to Deckard Cain or by using the Book of Cain that can be found near the shared stash in all Acts
The cooldown incurred by changing skills outside of town on Inferno difficulty has been reduced to 30 seconds (down from 60 seconds)
There is now an option in Video Settings to lock the cursor to the window when in fullscreen windowed mode, if Diablo III is the active window
Multiplayer Co-Op
Players now receive a 10% bonus to Magic Find, Gold Find, and Experience per additional player in a multiplayer game, up to a maximum of 30% in a four-player game
The Magic Find and Gold Find bonuses can exceed their respective 300% caps
The Experience bonus can stack with other bonuses from items and Monster Power (the bonuses will stack multiplicatively)
A notification is now sent to all players in a multiplayer game whenever a party member engages an Elite monster or Treasure Goblin in combat, and their location will be shown on the mini-map
In addition to this, an icon will also appear over player banners in town to indicate if they're in combat with a monster, Elite monster, or Treasure Goblin

ACHIEVEMENTS
Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug that prevented monsters killed by a follower or pet, before being attacked by a player, from counting toward achievement criteria

AUCTION HOUSE
User Interface
Tooltips in the Auction House will now show an item comparison for a player's currently selected character

BATTLE.NET
Matchmaking
Players will now be able to search for games that were started on any quest once they have reached level cap
Matchmaking "Tags" have been added
In addition to selecting your Difficulty, Monster Power, and Quest, players will also be able to choose from the following tags when searching for Public Games: No Tag, Questing, Brawling, and Key Warden
Social
Players can now add a note about a friend by right-clicking the name in their Friends List
Players can now enter a message that will be broadcast to their friends
Players can now create multi-user conversations
There are multiple ways to start a conversation or invite other players to an existing conversation:
To start a conversation, open Public Chat Options, then select Invite Friends > Start Conversation or use the "Start a Conversation" option in the Social window by right-clicking on a friend's name
To invite or add friends to an existing conversation, open Public Chat Options, then select Invite Friends or use the "Invite to a Conversation" option in the Social window by right clicking a friend's name and selecting the desired conversation
Similar to public channels, private conversations can support up to 99 players
A new section has been added to the friends list called "Players Near You"
Any player who is on your local network will be displayed here (even if they're not currently your friend)
If needed, this feature can be disabled from the Social Options of the Game menu
Players may now be marked as a "Party Guide"
The Party Guide is assigned to the first person who joins a Public Game
If multiple characters join a Public Game at the same time, the game will choose the hero with the highest level or Paragon level to be Party Guide
When a Party Guide leaves the Public Game, a new one will be chosen automatically
Alternatively, the Party Guide can right click on a party member's portrait and pass them the Party Guide title
The Party Guide will have a unique icon that will appear on the mini-map
Names in your "Recent Players" list will now expire if they become older than a month
Blocked players will no longer appear in your "Recent Players" list

BOSSES
Bug Fixes
Skeleton King
A bug causing The Skeleton King and The King of the Dead to not play an animation when performing their Whirlwind attack should now occur less frequently

CLASSES
Wizard
Active Skills
Archon
The duration of Archon should now be extended by assists from players in multiplayer games, in addition to kills
Teleport
Players may now Teleport to any location within range, as long as a path is available
Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug causing Teleport – Safe Passage to only reduce damage from physical attacks

CRAFTING
General
Players can now craft multiple items and gems at a time within the same tier, so long as they possess the necessary materials
Players can now craft items using materials located in the shared stash
Blacksmith
Salvaged item information will no longer be displayed in the chat log
Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug preventing players from salvaging an item by dragging it onto the Blacksmith's anvil icon

MONSTERS
General
Players should now encounter more monsters in Acts I, II, and IV in Inferno difficulty when playing at Monster Power 1 or greater
In multiplayer games, the increase in monster hit points per additional player has been reduced to 50% (down from 70%)
Tormented Stingers and Stygian Crawlers have had their experience reduced by 75%

QUESTS
General
Experience earned by completing a quest is now granted to players that have reached the level cap

USER INTERFACE
General
A maximum of eight buffs and debuffs will now be displayed on the UI
The maximum number of debuffs that will be displayed is three
Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug preventing damage numbers from being displayed if a monster was affected by a spell such as Hex

BUG FIXES
The sound that plays whenever a Barbarian's Overpower ability comes off cooldown is no longer similar to a Legendary item dropping
Male barbarians no longer run faster than the other heroes while feared.

"Players can now identify all items in their inventory by speaking to Deckard Cain or by using the Book of Cain that can be found near the shared stash in all Acts"

Or they could just remove this retarded mechanic altogether and be done with it. Srsly.

"Players can now identify all items in their inventory by speaking to Deckard Cain or by using the Book of Cain that can be found near the shared stash in all Acts"

Or they could just remove this retarded mechanic altogether and be done with it. Srsly.

It's like it's done to evoke excitement and suspense from the player in watching the progress bar fill up, awaiting the possibilities. I don't hate it.

Either that, or it's a throwback to the other Diablo games.

Players may now Teleport to any location within range, as long as a path is available

Totally not something that should have been fixed before release.

I only visit D3 threads to laugh at how bad it is.

I thought item stuff was supposed to be in 1.0.8 =/

http://us.battle.net//d3/en/blog/9425564

Right after they did the dev blog where they talked about itemization changes they clarified that it wasn't going to be in 1.0.8. They're still working on it.

Does a post like this really get you that extra bit of satisfaction?

pretty much...

i sorta think that with that new dude at the helm, maybe, one day, we'll get a patch with substance.

not today.

no reason for me to play again with 1.0.8.

Teleport is good news though I might log in to try that out.

Until then Dark Souls it is.

Back