Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

So it looks like my options for getting back some AR are pretty limited. But my bracers could be used for this.

Are bracers with 60+ AR, 6 crit, and some int/vit worth 3mil? Or would you recommend something else?

If i got a set of bracers like this, i could more comfortably get a set of Zunimassa's Trail.

edit: sry for double post ><

So it looks like my options for getting back some AR are pretty limited. But my bracers could be used for this.

Are bracers with 60+ AR, 6 crit, and some int/vit worth 3mil? Or would you recommend something else?

If i got a set of bracers like this, i could more comfortably get a set of Zunimassa's Trail.

edit: sry for double post ><

If you can cover 24 MS with boots and legs (Innas set with an int roll), then yeah 6crit/ar/vit/int is the way to go. Lacunis with good crit are very expensive and astronomical with RA on top of that. on the other hand for my current setup, a 100+ int with 6 crit beats out even some 50mil+ lacuni bracers with crit (dps wise). Add to that vit/ar/armor and you can get some really good bracers for cheap (relatively speaking)

Edit: for price I'm not too sure, but everyone focuses on lacunis, so it's worth spending some time to snipe a good rare bracer on the ah

If you can cover 24 MS with boots and legs (Innas set with an int roll), then yeah 6crit/ar/vit/int is the way to go. Lacunis with good crit are very expensive and astronomical with RA on top of that. on the other hand for my current setup, a 100+ int with 6 crit beats out even some 50mil+ lacuni bracers with crit (dps wise). Add to that vit/ar/armor and you can get some really good bracers for cheap (relatively speaking)

Edit: for price I'm not too sure, but everyone focuses on lacunis, so it's worth spending some time to snipe a good rare bracer on the ah

Cool, thanks. That's what i was thinking, but as it takes so long to get money i fear spending it incorrectly!

And yea, I got my own Int rolled Innas drop. The witching hour is now my second legendary drop that's actually been an upgrade for my Wizard. Pretty lucky i think!

Last edited:
This is how I leveled my Demon Hunter:
1. get a Hellfire Ring (no lvl req) with dexterity (keys, ubers, organs, ring)
2. buy or farm Leoric's Signet ring (lvl 14)
3. buy for about 200-500K 3 or 4 parts of Cain's set (lvl 23) with socket in helm, sockets in pants
4. fill everything except weapons with gems (no lvl req) like Emeralds for plenty of dexterity (for Monk or DH)
5. buy up lvl ~15, ~20, ~25, ~30,... weapons with high dps and socket
6. use Rubies on your weapons for added min-max damage, later until lvl 30-40 switch to Emeralds for Critical Hit Damage
7. until you are oneshotting about everything, up your MP level
(I went through Normal and Nightmare at MP10 without flinching with above gear, only had to lower it in Hell because my insane advantage was lowering)
8. if any available, use level requirement reduction equipment
(max is 18 lvls on lvl 60 items, so lvl 42 at the earliest)

With this method, I was having about 380% bonus experience and I went from 1 to 60 in 16 hours total.
Not a record but I was doing most alone and I didn't have massive amounts of gold (about 500K) to spend on all the gear.

I got help for my Hellfire Ring, I farmed the Leoric's Signet myself (16 hours for 2, can only equip one per character), had many gems lying around (1 Flawless Star Emerald, plenty of Star Emeralds and Rubies) and was able to sell all my low level gear within days for 25K gold each.

Also, your follower can also carry a Hellfire Ring and Leoric's Signet for you, which counts for 1/5th, so 35% and 20-30% = 55-65% * 1/5 = 11-12% extra bonus experience for you.
Also +exp per kill kan be found on almost all armor, including Cain's, I had between 70 and 140 per kill, which on Normal can save you a lot of time too.

Movement speed is also very important, it helps a lot when you faceroll everything to not slow you down, so try to get the capped 25%. Some characters can use passives or skills to help this.

Using 3/4 of your advice and I finished normal at level 34 :eek: It take longer to get thru areas than to level. When I hopped on public nm game, I was 3-4 level above others and leveled almost twice as fast. I just beat NM Skeleton King at level 37 and cruising along. The reason I'm leveling the monk is so I could farm LS ;)

The reason I'm leveling the monk is so I could farm LS ;)

I asked this earlier, but didn't get an answer...

About the Leoric's Signet drop... I thought all gear in D3 was completely random and there were no loot tables.

Apparently though, this ring drops only on a certain difficulty and only in certain areas?

About the Leoric's Signet drop... I thought all gear in D3 was completely random and there were no loot tables.

Apparently though, this ring drops only on a certain difficulty and only in certain areas?

Difficulties have monster level ranges, and item drops are based on those monster levels. LS is a very low level legendary ring (15 or something?). Inferno only drops lvl 58 and higher. LS will never drop in inferno similar to how skorns will never drop in normal.

Act 2 normal, whatever level that is is, is the level of the ring. You might see it drop in act 3 normal, but your chances drop because the loot table would include higher level legendaries. Eventually the drop rate goes to zero because the item level is too far from the monster level. That's probably act 4 or nm act 1

Difficulties have monster level ranges, and item drops are based on those monster levels. LS is a very low level legendary ring (15 or something?). Inferno only drops lvl 58 and higher. LS will never drop in inferno similar to how skorns will never drop in normal.

Act 2 normal, whatever level that is is, is the level of the ring. You might see it drop in act 3 normal, but your chances drop because the loot table would include higher level legendaries. Eventually the drop rate goes to zero because the item level is too far from the monster level. That's probably act 4 or nm act 1

That's correct, there is a certain range of items being dropped in various areas and difficulties. When I go to a normal game to help level someone, I would see drops and picked a few just to notice it's just low-level shit but if you get the right low-level item, it can score enough dough.

Using 3/4 of your advice and I finished normal at level 34 :eek: It take longer to get thru areas than to level. When I hopped on public nm game, I was 3-4 level above others and leveled almost twice as fast. I just beat NM Skeleton King at level 37 and cruising along. The reason I'm leveling the monk is so I could farm LS ;)
Yeah it works insanely fast. I was lvl 35 when I went to NM and I finished NM at lvl 55. I then went through Act 1 Hell to reach lvl 58 and reached 60 in Act 2 Hell. Then I went from 7.000 DPS to 60.000 DPS because of the gear I had ready and I walked straight through Hell without a problem.

Also, loot tables and RNG are two seperate parts. Like we stated, loot tables do exist based on item levels, but I wouldn't be suprised is they also have set loot tables for each. For instance, if there were only 4 legendaries, I wouldn't be suprised if the loot tables were something like this(out of a roll of 1-100): 1-30 leg1; 31-56 leg2; 57-88 leg3; 89-100 leg 4.

It's like a craps table and rules. Payouts and certain rules can be changed depending on the table you're at. This is the loot table. What doesn't change is the 6 sided dice, this is the rng. The rng is the same no matter what table you're at, you always have the same chance of rolling a 7.

What doesn't make sense is any type of rules set in place to affect RNG based on previous cases. Something along the lines of, "Well you haven't won anything recently so now I'm going to roll you a 7 or 8 this time". It's not impossible to program, but it wouldn't make any sense to implement it like that

Today I did Act III Inferno starting at Azmodan and working backwards as usual. I was running out of bag space and decided to drop my unidentified rares on the floor. I ported back with I'd say 3 bags of rares. After I completed Rakkis made it all the way back to the starting area. When I entered all of my items I had left on the floor had disappeared. This was at 1pm EST.

I didn't leave the game, go afk and time out, invite someone to my game, etc. So why did my items disappear? Never happened before and I had collected at least 14 amulets and rings to ID. What did I do wrong? :(

Would one of the [H] wizards care to comment on what piece of gear I should swap out with a 100M budget?

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/yetieater-1368/Chippy/20948411

I'm ultimately looking to go in the direction of the CM wizard, but I want flexibility in event of a nuke. I'm thinking The Witching Hour. I normally run my wizard with a set of 8% CHC, 31% CHD, 70 Int, 8% IAS gloves as well.

100M is a big budget. Trying to "eventually go CM Wizard" means there would have to be a lot of changes to your current gear. Personally this is what I would get:

Witching Hour 9% IAS and 40+ Crit Dmg. Other important stats of course is how much Int and Vit it has. I wouldn't bother with trying to get AR on it, as it is too expensive without any real pay off, instead spend more on other gear.
Tal's Chest with 170+ Int and OVER 200 Vit (that's a key stat) also make sure it has 9% IAS.
Gloves - Get some Rare ones, they will increase your DPS substantially. I can tell you're interested in the cold damage, but believe me the Frostburns aren't doing you any favors. I would say 100+ Int, 9-10% Crit Chance, 35+ Crit Damage, 30+ AR. If you have even more money, then tri-fecta's would be even better. EDIT: Reread your post, you have better gloves, got it.

Anyway that is where I would start. I would probably do Amulet and Legs after that. Really, with 100M, you could probably do those too.

Last edited:
Would one of the [H] wizards care to comment on what piece of gear I should swap out with a 100M budget?

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/yetieater-1368/Chippy/20948411

I'm ultimately looking to go in the direction of the CM wizard, but I want flexibility in event of a nuke. I'm thinking The Witching Hour. I normally run my wizard with a set of 8% CHC, 31% CHD, 70 Int, 8% IAS gloves as well.

Cm Wiz... i'd have to say start with a nice Chantodo's Set. MH with >1k dps + socket , or + 90% CHD , and high dmg Chantodos offhand with APOC

Then i'd get some CHC% Lacuni Prowlers , and then a Witching Hour

Today I did Act III Inferno starting at Azmodan and working backwards as usual. I was running out of bag space and decided to drop my unidentified rares on the floor. I ported back with I'd say 3 bags of rares. After I completed Rakkis made it all the way back to the starting area. When I entered all of my items I had left on the floor had disappeared. This was at 1pm EST.

I didn't leave the game, go afk and time out, invite someone to my game, etc. So why did my items disappear? Never happened before and I had collected at least 14 amulets and rings to ID. What did I do wrong? :(
I've seen items on the floor disappear on me too, even in multiplayer games. Inventory was full, teleported to town, ID'ed everything, sold and went back, rares on the floor were gone.

I think it happens when no one is in the area for a while. I don't recommend using the floor as another stash tab, it has hurt me too.

I've seen items on the floor disappear on me too, even in multiplayer games. Inventory was full, teleported to town, ID'ed everything, sold and went back, rares on the floor were gone.

I think it happens when no one is in the area for a while. I don't recommend using the floor as another stash tab, it has hurt me too.

Ok well at least I know it's not a bug and it happens to everyone. I just wanted to hurry up and get the run over so I figured I'd ID then at the end of the run. Won't do that again! Thank you for responding. :)

I rage quit this game in August. Is it any better? I mean the drops and the difficulty? How hard would it be for me to get back on my feet with lvl 60 wiz with poor gear and zero cash?

I rage quit this game in August. Is it any better? I mean the drops and the difficulty? How hard would it be for me to get back on my feet with lvl 60 wiz with poor gear and zero cash?

Well the quality of drops is just as bad as before. What is better is the quantity of drops. If you're smart and frugal you can easily run Inferno on the easiest difficulty with poor gear. Then after say two runs have a million gold easy from selling crap drops. If you're having problems with Inferno just join a public group and sleep walk through it.

Then you're going to look at the AH and set a limit of 150k to 200k on item prices. Again if you know what to look for you can purchase a really nice set of gear that's a helluva lot better than the gear that you're wearing. If you do it right for a million you should be around 50k dps, 32k hp, and 500 all resist. That's enough to breeze through MP0 Inferno.

Then at that point you can just farm gold and the occasional good drop until you can upgrade to the next tier of gear. Just search youtube for Budget Wizard Diablo 3 Personally Harkamus sent me to this guy's videos.

Bad troll is bad.
I've never done anything with the RMAH and I have four lvl 60 chars with more than 350 hours on them.

Bad troll is bad.
I've never done anything with the RMAH and I have four lvl 60 chars with more than 350 hours on them.

You're missing out then. I find it much easier to sell junk on the RMAH for $3 which nets me 5 million in gold easy when converted. Then buy what I want on the Gold AH. I think 90% of the people in the RMAH don't even think about what they are buying and how much they are actually spending on it. They'd be better off converting their cash into gold and getting multiple items off the Gold AH.

How every facet of this game has been designed solely around leveraging the RMAH still sickens me.

I bet the new WoW game "Titan" will have a RMAH built into it. Blizz could sell their mounts and everything in it. GW2 even has one built into it. Tera has a way of converting money into gold. Eve Online. SWTOR. The list goes on.

I will say this though. None of the above games rely on making basic elementary equipment for your character within the game dependent upon searching an AH. This is the first game I've played where it's not the difficulty that determines how skilled of a player you are, but how well you know to how to filter stats on the AH.

The elite type encounters don't really require strategy other than run and shoot back when you can. Or spend enough on the AH to out gear the encounter. Some of the newest KeyWarden bosses require more strategy than drooling, but not much more. But this genre needs different style games to differentiate themselves.

Not everyone wants the complexity of Path of Exile. Nor does everyone want to figure out the patterns of the bosses in TorchLight II. D3 hits it's niche market quite well as being a mindless fun gear check that require some research into what to buy off the AH. It even has an armory so you can compete and see who can find the best loot off the AH. Then get listed on a website and lauded over as having the highest stats in the world. You can be the dps King! Can't do that in TorchLight II as you can't really tell who cheated offline to better their character online.

Blizzard has innovated in how to create a free to play game, after purchasing the base game, that pays for it's self and generates profits. Personally I think this is for the worse; but others will disagree I'm sure as there are different demographics of gamers that play games for various reasons. Can't knock what one person enjoys as bad as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. As long as they are having fun who cares.

:)

Work , Work , Work , farm that gold. Buy X item.....

Wash , Rinse, Repeat.

Were did the fun go? Where did the excitement of chance go? It went somewhere , anywhere other than D3.

You're missing out then. I find it much easier to sell junk on the RMAH for $3 which nets me 5 million in gold easy when converted. Then buy what I want on the Gold AH. I think 90% of the people in the RMAH don't even think about what they are buying and how much they are actually spending on it. They'd be better off converting their cash into gold and getting multiple items off the Gold AH.

I stopped fooling with the RMAH months ago, but that does motivate me to give it another shot. Near the end of the initial craze, I just put up some junky items for cheap just for the hell of it and some actually sold. I remember thinking, "someone actually bought this?" Good to know that there are still suckers out there. :D

You're missing out then.
I hope it's the same for Europe, I'll check it out !

I bet the new WoW game "Titan" will have a RMAH built into it. Blizz could sell their mounts and everything in it. GW2 even has one built into it. Tera has a way of converting money into gold. Eve Online. SWTOR.
MMORPG, MMORPG, MMORPG, MMORPG and MMORPG.

Diablo 1, 2 and/or 3 never was an MMORPG but an ARPG.

Work , Work , Work , farm that gold. Buy X item.....

Wash , Rinse, Repeat.

Were did the fun go? Where did the excitement of chance go? It went somewhere , anywhere other than D3.
Plenty of people still find the excitement.

Come on people, stop whining about a game D3 isn't and you expected it to be. I loved Diablo 1, I loved Diablo 2 insanely and I love Diablo 3. I expected a loot-based ARPG and we got exactly that. It never pretended to be more. Can't stand it ? You obviously expected something it never was going to be.

I am guilty of expecting it to follow in the footsteps of the second one. I realize now that I was expecting too much from a medium that was created by a completely different mind and skill set.

I am guilty of expecting it to follow in the footsteps of the second one. I realize now that I was expecting too much from a medium that was created by a completely different mind and skill set.
Why would you say that ? You make it sound like Diablo 2 was a much better game.
Let me remind you what D2 was all about:
- cookiecutter builds
- MF-gear
- grinding

The first two they solved by not nerfing everything that's good but upping skills that aren't used and not having a static skill set.
They can actually see which skills are more or less popular thanks to the armory database and they make adjustments with every large patch.

The second one they solved by giving us NV-stacks, Monster Power ánd Paragon levels.
I can run with 475% MF on my lvl 60 (0) Monk on Normal with MP10 and NV5 with full MF-gear.
I can run with 200% MF on my lvl 60 (33) Barb on Inferno with MP1 and NV5 with no MF-gear.
This was not possible with D2, MF-gear from Uniques or you had no chance of ever finding good gear in a reasonable time.

With brings us to the third part: grinding.
I have 4 lvl60 characters, which I can play if I want. I don't need to grind if I just want to improve because I can:
- use the auction house for better gear
- trade with friends thanks to easy item linking, the Armory and whatnot
- get my NV5 stacks going to get my MF
- set a higher MP-level to also get my MF-boost

Or any combination of those 4

But let's not kid ourselves: this is an item-based ARPG game, which basically has grinding as a requirement just like a FPS shooter has practice as a requirement to be good.
You can't expect to not invest any time in a game, be the best in it, when millions of others can and will invest time to be be better.

You aren't guilty of expecting it to follow it predecessor's footsteps, you (all the complainy-pants) are guilty of not realising what you want is not possible.
That's like complaining why you aren't a football star because it makes you waste so much time getting better.

D3 is a short ARPG with a Korean MMO drop system. What I mean is that in a MMO with a level cap that isn't going to move for a couple years, the drop rate on good items is set artificially low. Case in point Aion. In that game you could run the same dungeon thousands of times and not get the item you needed to progress to the next tier of dungeon progression. The gear was held back from you by the developers to keep you playing. You might get one item one day and that would drive your emotions to grind the dungeon for another 6 months to see if you can get another.

For example in Aion I used to run S grade dungeon completions twice a day (highest level possible) and owned every outdoor boss in the game. I didn't allow another guild on my server to kill any of them as I would instruct my guild members to kill the other players if it looked like they dreamed of kill our bosses. After doing this for 2 years I had 4 pieces of gear. The rest of my gear was some BS I got from doing quests. Naturally I was the guild leader so I had the pick of the best gear.

Aion crafting had the same drop rate as D3 except worse as you could fail making the item and it would disappear with all of your materials. The best set of gear was made of materials with a less that 1% chance of dropping in the world. Then you had a 0.5% chance when making the base item to proc into a better item. Then you had to use the procced item to proc another item with an even lower chance of success. It was fun when the guys got what they wanted but it really wasn't fun.

D3 copies these chance rates as it seems that they want to add new content once every couple years. Seeing that the game is coming to consoles and they have limited space to save new maps, this makes perfect sense to keep the items out of the hands of the gamers so that they have to keep grinding the same maps for gold. I find a legendary item every now and then. But they are always missing one stat that differentiates it from good or crap. The combination of stats that would make it great or super special hasn't happened in hundreds of hours so I gave up on that dream completely. That is a pipe dream for the lucky few.

If you think I'm just ranting take a gander at the AH. On day one there were at least 6 million people playing D3 correct?. Pick one item to analyze; say Manticore. How many 2 socket, 1400+ dps, 300 dex, capped AS, 99% extra crit damage ones are on the AH? Hell how many are on DiabloProgress? We've been playing D3 for 8 months at least right? As short as the game is everyone could have a 60 of every class by now if you played casual. That means to me that everyone should at least have a 2 socket, 1200 dps, 200 dex, 75 crit dmg, capped AS Manticore if they killed enough bosses and elites.

But they don't because Blizzard wants the base game to stay the same for years to come. It has nothing to do with how much grinding time you invest into the game. It's all about how lucky you are with an extremely low drop rate. If you can win consistently in Las Vegas then you have the skill set to succeed at D3 grinding. If you lose your shirt gambling then you need to invest your time into analyzing the AH so you can get the 1 in a million chance drop from someone else. Simple as that.

So to me D3 has just as many Korean MMO qualities as it does ARPG.

Last edited:
Can one of you explain nv5 stacks to me ?
How do I get this going in game
What are NV stacks

Thanks

D3 hits it's niche market quite well

When you're making a sequel to a game that sold 4M copies in its first year alone, and then continued to have top-10 sales for years, I'm not sure "niche" is the market you should be targeting in the first place.

Why would you say that ? You make it sound like Diablo 2 was a much better game.

D2 still is a much better game. The only problem D2 has is spam bots, otherwise its superior to D3 in every way. The builds are more fun, the skills you use are more fun, the classes themselves play better, there's more mechanics, more items, it's just all around a much better game. For example, make a Necromancer in D2 and then try playing a Witch Doctor in D3. D3 is just an all around sad game. Trust me, I wish it were better, but a true fan has to not only applaud a company but also criticize it when necessary.

When you're making a sequel to a game that sold 4M copies in its first year alone, and then continued to have top-10 sales for years, I'm not sure "niche" is the market you should be targeting in the first place.

The D3 and D2 share the Diablo name and are ARPG games. About where the similarities end as the new Diablo team took a different approach to the genre regardless of whether you like the new D3 or not. I wouldn't exactly call it a sequel with high definition graphics as a lot of mechanics changed and of course some stayed the same as it is still an ARPG. Is it D2 evolved? I'll let you decide that.

Last edited:
Can one of you explain nv5 stacks to me ?
How do I get this going in game
What are NV stacks

Thanks

Kill a pack of elites and you get a stack of Nephalem Valor. Get 5 stacks and you've reached the cap. At the cap KeyWardens can drop keys. Also the number of drops in the game goes up significantly as it boosts your magic find stat.

You must be level 60 to get NV stacks.

To clarify a few things, Nephalem Valor is a temporary "buff" that your character can acquire (similar to the temporary effects you get from shrines), except NV lasts 30 minutes. Each time you gain a stack, it resets the timer of the buff. You can stack it up to 5 times. You can also continue to refresh the timer even after hitting 5 stacks.

Only 2 types of elite monsters grant you stacks, but fortunately they're the most common types. One type of elite is called Champion, color coded blue and come in groups of 3-5 monsters (I think). Each monster in a pack is identical in power.

The other type of elite is called Rare, where there's 1 big monster color coded yellow, with weaker "minions" that go with him. Rares are strong (stronger than an individual monster in a Champion pack) but are only accompanied by their weaker minions. Minions can share some of the special properties that their "boss" has.

A couple other things can grant/refresh NV stacks too, like special quest events and opening a Resplendent Chest.

Bosses and Uniques, color coded purple on the names, do not grant NV.

So ZillianOP and KingKongor got banned by Blizzard today for violating policies. Both are heavy streamers on Twitch.tv. Wonder who's next? And what did they violate?

Is someone at Blizzard trolling them? Or did they really both get a lump of coal for Christmas?

*Update* Kongor got his account back. Name violation it seems. :)

Zillian is permabanned for allowing his GF to log into his account and play it seems.

Last edited:
improve because I can:
- use the auction house for better gear

That pretty much sums up my disgust for the game. I don't use it but the fact that its there makes finding items, irrelevant.

The mentality of the Diablo 3 player: "Why grind for items when I can just have someone else do the work and buy it from the AH?".

So for most people this game probably consists of somewhere around 70% Auction house lurking and 30% actual gameplay.

The D3 and D2 share the Diablo name and are ARPG games. About where the similarities end as the new Diablo team took a different approach to the genre regardless of whether you like the new D3 or not. I wouldn't exactly call it a sequel with high definition graphics as a lot of mechanics changed and of course some stayed the same as it is still an ARPG. Is it D2 evolved? I'll let you decide that.

"Less of everything" generally doesn't = evolved in my book, and I don't see how anyone that played a lot of D2 could consider it so. Players coming from WoW could certainly feel right at home with much of the design, and that wasn't due to a mistake the devs mades.

This is very similar to that Why don't you play BF3? thread, where I posted about how FPS games are launching with fewer features now instead of more. In D3 most of the maps aren't randomly generated, there are very few socketables, most of the neat weapon/armor mods from D2 have been removed (not replaced), there is no PVP, itemization is fundamentally flawed, etc., etc., etc...

As you mentioned, a lot of the mechanics changed...but what were they replaced with? For the most part, a lot of it was removed without being replaced with anything new, in the name of simplicity.

itemization is fundamentally flawed

I'm still amazed that they haven't fixed this part. They shouldn't allow class specific items to drop with stats that only help other classes. It's the worst part of Diablo 3 for me. Well... it was before the recent disconnecting issue I have been having. I've quit since that started.

So ZillianOP and KingKongor got banned by Blizzard today for violating policies. Both are heavy streamers on Twitch.tv. Wonder who's next? And what did they violate?

Is someone at Blizzard trolling them? Or did they really both get a lump of coal for Christmas?

*Update* Kongor got his account back. Name violation it seems. :)

Zillian is permabanned for allowing his GF to log into his account and play it seems.

wow, Zillian is one of the top streamers at any given time on twitch.

this wont bode over well with the stream community

Back