Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

also also I have made about 10 rings all crap.....I really should get a photo together to show the magnitude of crap I have gotten.

There is a guy on reddit that had 58 Hellfire rings when I checked a few days ago. He does several runs a day. I'm guessing he has over 75 crafted now. lol

There is a guy on reddit that had 58 Hellfire rings when I checked a few days ago. He does several runs a day. I'm guessing he has over 75 crafted now. lol

But are any of them good is the real question. Never been on reddit I might have to pop in and see if they have images of the rings.

But are any of them good is the real question. Never been on reddit I might have to pop in and see if they have images of the rings.

Prob not or he wouldn't have 58 of them.

There was one guy that only rolled one ring. It spawned with min/max damage, 183 str, 5.5% crit chance, 42% crit damage, 9% ias. He won the lottery. http://i.imgur.com/xXIqr.jpg

Have you done act 2 and 3 MP0 since the patch? Both of those wil be easier than act1/mp1.

Wow. I put on Energy Armor (with the rune that increases arcane rather than decrease) and damn. I died maybe 3 times(twice to the same pack just now, those big fuckers that charge you with extra health + reflect). I died once from beginning to Ghom because I forgot to hit Q(it was a keywarden).

I also increased attack speed by 9%, armor to ~3k before energy and health decreased by maybe 100. Now I gotta get that up without sacrificing the rest :D

Last edited by a moderator:
93k unbuffed monk dps. My only goal is to break 100k unbuffed, which is nothing compared to some folks with 300k+ dps on monks.

I don't think gems are getting duped at all. Yes it costs like 20 mil gold to craft the highest level gems and they are currently going for like 6-8 mil on the AH....but no one is crafting them anymore. There is no way to destroy gems in D3 (aside from selling @ the vendor anyway), that means the 100 bazillion gems crafted the first few months the game was out are just getting resold over and over.

But still you'd think that they would cost at least the amount of gold it took to craft it...

So will it be this way forever, you think? Will i never again craft another gem?

Haha. Depends on the market. From what strend is saying, the market has been saturated and gem trade has subsequently collapsed. There might be situations where trade could rise again.

- Players drop out, taking their gems with them. This could create a situation where new players, and players starting alts, could create demand for gems that isn't met.

- An influx of new players buying gems. Say an expansion pack hits, or a similiar content release drawing new players

- A change to gems. Some change that makes the demand for gems increase, meaning the gems currently in re-sale circulation are taken out of circulation. Or their price somehow rises above manufacturing cost.

- And the most unlikely, someone goes gem buying crazy and takes all of the gems off the market, to never re-enter them.

Last edited:
Not if the product has hit re-sale status. At that point manufacturing costs don't factor into the equation.

I agree. This stems not from the resale of radiant star gems as much as the pieces below it. For example I have a star emerald in my weapon and I want to upgrade. I'll sell it at a loss to upgrade to higher tiers. This drives down prices at the star level below total crafting price, which in turn drives the price of each following tier down. In turn the final tier gets cheaper, which makes it easier to upgrade, and that further perpetuates the crash of gems. This will continue until everyone still playing is maxed out on all slots for characters they play actively.

Hopefully be the time I get back to farming, radiant star emeralds will be very cheap.

Edit: the fluctuating price of gems compared between RMAH and gold also contributes to it.

I agree. This stems not from the resale of radiant star gems as much as the pieces below it. For example I have a star emerald in my weapon and I want to upgrade. I'll sell it at a loss to upgrade to higher tiers. This drives down prices at the star level below total crafting price, which in turn drives the price of each following tier down. In turn the final tier gets cheaper, which makes it easier to upgrade, and that further perpetuates the crash of gems. This will continue until everyone still playing is maxed out on all slots for characters they play actively.

Hopefully be the time I get back to farming, radiant star emeralds will be very cheap.

Edit: the fluctuating price of gems compared between RMAH and gold also contributes to it.

For sure. There's lots of complex interactions.

Not sure if it hit the NA or EU servers, but there's been some rumors of duping going around. The price of gems is one indication. Perhaps not as bad as the Korean servers though, I heard that the prices of radiant star gems were in the sub 1M zone there :eek:. The other indicator is that *identical* well-rolled legendaries (like Manticore) are equipped by dozens of players.

Not sure if it hit the NA or EU servers, but there's been some rumors of duping going around. The price of gems is one indication. Perhaps not as bad as the Korean servers though, I heard that the prices of radiant star gems were in the sub 1M zone there :eek:. The other indicator is that *identical* well-rolled legendaries (like Manticore) are equipped by dozens of players.

Its not so much a rumor as it is a fact.

Crazy eyebrow kid shows it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oMm2_ayl_Hw

Blizzard may be hosed on the gems, but they should be able to eliminate Item dupes.

I've run into triple mobs twice today, once in VoA and the other in the Oasis. Mortar, molten, waller, desecrator, double arcane, health link, frozen and add illusionist to the party. Ridiculous...but awesome.

I also seem to have accumulated an entire page of things to sell from my stash but can't seem to move them. I feel like a drug dealer who lost his distributor.

edit: also, holy shit that hellfire ring on the previous page is awesome

Last edited:
I don't think gems are getting duped at all. Yes it costs like 20 mil gold to craft the highest level gems and they are currently going for like 6-8 mil on the AH....but no one is crafting them anymore. There is no way to destroy gems in D3 (aside from selling @ the vendor anyway), that means the 100 bazillion gems crafted the first few months the game was out are just getting resold over and over.

As others have already said and posted Moldrans video. I can't say for certain if it is duping or rollbacks. Which essentially, rollbacks are duplicating items, its just a built in process and people are abusing Blizz for offering that. But 500K gold for radiants is indeed crazy.

Crazy. I can't really watch it at work... does it detail how they pulled off the dupes?

Of course not, and a lot of people are claiming that the video was a fake. I think Moldran just showed it for effect mainly. The real evidence is when you check on Diablo progress and you see 20 people using the same Manticore, and a pretty epic one at that.

Hey my WD buddy just got an upgraded weapon, so he is letting me borrow his Skorn.

This thing is crazy... despite losing 8.5 crit chance, my damage went up by 21k. O_O

The thing is, i feel as if my actual dps is only slightly better, because i lost all my +arcane on crit which came from my wand and source. But maybe it's also my spec which is relying too much on that arcane on crit...

I suppose i could get a different helm which has +arcane on crit, or i could change specs. What would you all recommend to take advantage of this weapon while i have it?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DukeLeto-1627/hero/801081

I have combustion, not temporal flux in my spec, not sure why it got that wrong.

Also was pretty stoked last night at my first Hellfire roll, which while not great and leaves much room for improvement, was a nice 3k dps upgrade from my previous ring: 175 int, 33-55 dmg, 79 All Res, 15 MF, Socket.

Hey my WD buddy just got an upgraded weapon, so he is letting me borrow his Skorn.

This thing is crazy... despite losing 8.5 crit chance, my damage went up by 21k. O_O

The thing is, i feel as if my actual dps is only slightly better, because i lost all my +arcane on crit which came from my wand and source. But maybe it's also my spec which is relying too much on that arcane on crit...

I suppose i could get a different helm which has +arcane on crit, or i could change specs. What would you all recommend to take advantage of this weapon while i have it?

I have combustion, not temporal flux in my spec, not sure why it got that wrong.

Also was pretty stoked last night at my first Hellfire roll, which while not great and leaves much room for improvement, was a nice 3k dps upgrade from my previous ring: 175 int, 33-55 dmg, 79 All Res, 15 MF, Socket.

When switching too a two hander you lose your arcane on crit & attack speed. Your Spec is mostly right for a skorn Meteor is the shit with a two hander.

I don't see much Life Regen or Life steal......surely you're not relying purely on health potions. Magic Weapon blood magic will give you 1.5 life steal which helps more than you'd expect so drop Hydra for that. I would say drop nova for Spark Flint but you just don't have enough regen or steal to be without nova.

switch out Combustion with Prodigy. Prodigy will make up for the loss in Arcane on crit.....Its pretty fucking sick with living lighting.

When switching too a two hander you lose your arcane on crit & attack speed. Your Spec is mostly right for a skorn Meteor is the shit with a two hander.

I don't see much Life Regen or Life steal......surely you're not relying purely on health potions. Magic Weapon blood magic will give you 1.5 life steal which helps more than you'd expect so drop Hydra for that. I would say drop nova for Spark Flint but you just don't have enough regen or steal to be without nova.

switch out Combustion with Prodigy. Prodigy will make up for the loss in Arcane on crit.....Its pretty fucking sick with living lighting.

Thanks for the suggestions... but yes, i rely solely on health pots and a quickly resetting diamond skin. when i had 43% crit it worked out fine. It's a little rougher now, even though my dps went up so much. I'll try out your suggestions and see if i can't make things work a little better.

Something you can do to measure your "actual" dps is take on boss that is pretty immobile, and one that you can tank fairly well, so that you have as much dps up time as possible. The higher MP you can do this on will most likely give you a more accurate average. Time how long it takes to kill say Azmo or Ghom probably work best and then take his health pool and divide by your time. Voila, your actual dps.

Duping /cheating has been happening since launch. Where are the people that supported always online DRM and argued here that it's not possible to do such things in D3.

Well Blizz is actually the one doing the duping by allowing rollbacks. I don't even know why they offer that service. It should be up to you to take care of your account imo.

It's funny, your paper doll DPS is extremely important, but somewhat less so when you consider what your overall spec is. A 2H you need to do big damage with resource-limited spells - meteor, arcane orb. They do big damage and your attack speed doesn't matter nearly as much as your AP. You'd also probably be better off with life steal, although there still is a pretty high breakeven point for life steal over LOH.

For example: I'm using a CM build with frost nova, healing blades, and stationary twisters. With my LOH weapon and CM, attack speed is much more important as the more attacks I do, the more I crit for reduced CDs and more LOH. A skorn, even a high damage one, would be a major downgrade for me.

Honestly 1H weapons have gotten pretty cheap. I have a 990DPS 1H with a socket and 711 LOH and it was only about 1M. If you forgo primary stats on it you can get a nice DPS boost, and the LOH keeps you in the game. Currently sitting at around 88k DPS and doing Act1 Butcher MP3 runs. I could probably go a bit higher, but with this build I barely can get the Butcher down before the whole floor sets on fire. (BTW, did they buff the butcher? A few days ago at 75k DPS I could take him down without much issue. The other day it literally took me 10-15 times. Maybe I was hungover, I dunno.)

It's funny, your paper doll DPS is extremely important, but somewhat less so when you consider what your overall spec is. A 2H you need to do big damage with resource-limited spells - meteor, arcane orb. They do big damage and your attack speed doesn't matter nearly as much as your AP. You'd also probably be better off with life steal, although there still is a pretty high breakeven point for life steal over LOH.

For example: I'm using a CM build with frost nova, healing blades, and stationary twisters. With my LOH weapon and CM, attack speed is much more important as the more attacks I do, the more I crit for reduced CDs and more LOH. A skorn, even a high damage one, would be a major downgrade for me.

Honestly 1H weapons have gotten pretty cheap. I have a 990DPS 1H with a socket and 711 LOH and it was only about 1M. If you forgo primary stats on it you can get a nice DPS boost, and the LOH keeps you in the game. Currently sitting at around 88k DPS and doing Act1 Butcher MP3 runs. I could probably go a bit higher, but with this build I barely can get the Butcher down before the whole floor sets on fire. (BTW, did they buff the butcher? A few days ago at 75k DPS I could take him down without much issue. The other day it literally took me 10-15 times. Maybe I was hungover, I dunno.)

Why thanks for the information! I'll put that to good use. :)

Oh and I think Butcher is spawned with different amounts of resistance also. I've killed him many times and sometimes I get the 20 second kill version and sometimes I get the almost enrage before he dies version. One time I got one that was so tough I wiped 6 times before I gave up. Same spec, standing in the same spots, and huge variances on how easy it is to kill him.

You're playing on MP3 and I'm just sleep walking through MP1. What's the difference in quality of drops between the last MP level you played and MP3? I can do MP5 but I actually have to pay attention and I'm going to die a bunch because of low HP. :) Well Act III MP5 at least.

What do you do about the frog elites with Fast, Desecration, and Fire Chains? Desecration and Fire Chains is fine. For some reason when it says fast I instantly die if they get near me. Even on regular Inferno I die in 1/10 of a second. I can't even port away from them as at the end of my 4x port, and they aren't even on the screen, I just keel over and die. Takes me about 7 rezzes to kill that affix meteor suicide style. The rest of the act I can literally sleepwalk through.

I'm pretty conservative so far with MP, haha. I don't get to play much so I haven't had much time to really test it out. I started out at MP2 and then went to MP3. I can't say there is any noticeable difference, really, perhaps just a few more rares from trash, and 4 rare drops from champion packs aren't too abnormal.

I will say that just looking at the numbers breakdown, MP2 should be the minimum you use; bonus rares goes from +1% to +7% if I remember correctly. Next chance I get I'll crank it up to MP5 just to see what it feels like.

I started fresh with the patch at at paragon 12. I started doing inferno MP0 act 3 at ~40k damage. A couple hours in I found an Oculus that I sold for ~30 million. I used that money (more than I'd had in a loooong time) to upgrade a few things bumping my damage up considerably. I moved on to MP1 act 1. I tried MP1 act 2 and noticed it was easier than act 1 for a monk. Stayed there for a while, found more drops, upgraded more, and progressed from MP2 to MP3 and finally MP4. I also tried MP5, but died more than I wanted. It was a lot of backtracking, which is not something I like to do.

I spent a few paragon levels in each MP before progressing. What I noticed is this. Most of the legendary/set items dropped from random white mobs. Almost none dropped from elite packs except 1 or 2 times. I noticed legendary drop frequency increasing with the higher MP level I was on. The thing you have to weigh is clearing speed versus drop rate. Sure, higher MP levels have potential for more drops, but that's moot if you slow down to a snail's pace at higher MP levels.

The reason higher MP levels have better drops is 1) white mobs have a higher chance of dropping a bonus item and 2) the bonus MF you get from higher MP levels.

You want to maximize clearing speed and minimize deaths. Then you want to balance clearing speed with the MP level. For me, I can clear MP1 stuff super fast, but drop rate isn't that good for legendaries. MP2 feels almost identical to MP1 for me. MP3 is slightly more difficult, but still easy enough. MP4 is when I want a change of pace for farming keys (basically get 5 stacks and kill wardens). I stay at MP2 or 3 most of the time. If I go to MP4, I change my pants ( <---yea I wrote that on purpose to make it sound funny). But I do literally swap pants for more resistances.

Lastly, find the act that you find easiest to do. Then tweak MP level with your clearing speed.

EDIT: I just hit paragon 29. Will probably be 30 tonight. In the past 5 days, I've spent 140 million in the auction house, all gold I made from selling legendaries. Today wasn't so good, so far. I only made 2.4 million selling Tyrael's Might.

Well I'm putting my best effort into MP2 but the first 7 rare packs have all been reflect damage and 3 of those were Molten. This last one slows missiles, reflects, electrified, molten. I think someone working for Blizzard is telling me to go back to MP1. :)

Well I'm putting my best effort into MP2 but the first 7 rare packs have all been reflect damage and 3 of those were Molten. This last one slows missiles, reflects, electrified, molten. I think someone working for Blizzard is telling me to go back to MP1. :)

In my experience anything past MP2 is almost always reflect. I see so many reflect elites that it doesn't phase me anymore. You really do need some way of keeping life up, ideally a combination of life no hit, life steal, and health over time. I don't have enough, but I suspect in higher MP levels, few people do. The point is to burst them down and let off before you kill yourself. Then focus on a neighboring mob to steal life so you can switch back to the reflect mob with more hitpoints.

EDIT: Protip. Buy a cheap Windforce with at least 40% knockback. Put that on your scoundrel and watch elites just get bounced back. You can spec the scoundrel anyway you want, but make sure you pick up multishot. Also, put some cheap IAS jewelry on the scoundrel to make things even more effective.

I definitely need more Life on hit, life steal, and heal over time gear. I think it's back to MP1 after this run until I get more. And thank you for the Scoundrel tip. Here's one last question; is it worthwhile to go into Whimseyshire with 5 stacks of Nephalem? Just made my staff for kicks.

Here are a few images of things I've found after getting 2 characters to paragon 30, mix of act 3 mp3 and act 1 mp3 after the recent patch:

Good looking items eh?

I definitely need more Life on hit, life steal, and heal over time gear. I think it's back to MP1 after this run until I get more. And thank you for the Scoundrel tip. Here's one last question; is it worthwhile to go into Whimseyshire with 5 stacks of Nephalem? Just made my staff for kicks.

You do a lot of running around for the few elite packs in Whimsy. I'd say it's not worth it. If you're going to do it, put it on mp1 at least. heh

I definitely need more Life on hit, life steal, and heal over time gear.

more is better, but life on hit is pretty overpowered compared to the rest. having 1500 life per second takes a lot of different armor pieces to get, and it pales in comparison to 1500 life on hit because even slow attackers are usually 20% faster than 1 per second. bang bang bang health all over the place. it also scales with the amount of trouble you're in (more enemies hit), and life per second does not.

and then there is life steal, which again is nice, more is always nice. but when the break point where it becomes even with 1500 life on hit is probably.... 150k dps, come on. anyone with enough dps to heal from life steal can afford anything they want and doesnt have a thing to worry about.

basically, life on hit is mandatory IMO. making it yet another stupid unbalanced part of the game.

more is better, but life on hit is pretty overpowered compared to the rest. having 1500 life per second takes a lot of different armor pieces to get, and it pales in comparison to 1500 life on hit because even slow attackers are usually 20% faster than 1 per second. bang bang bang health all over the place. it also scales with the amount of trouble you're in (more enemies hit), and life per second does not.

and then there is life steal, which again is nice, more is always nice. but when the break point where it becomes even with 1500 life on hit is probably.... 150k dps, come on. anyone with enough dps to heal from life steal can afford anything they want and doesnt have a thing to worry about.

basically, life on hit is mandatory IMO. making it yet another stupid unbalanced part of the game.

I don't think the break point is that high. I've seen a lot of different discussion, but it seemed like the general consensus was that life steal starts to become favorable is somewhere around 80K.

But like others have said, it can also depend on your build really. A CM wiz (unless your godly ie 200K dps) will probably favor LoH because they have high aps, where as a big hitter like meteor or something might benefit from lifesteal. Same with barbs, something that ticks fast and often versus rend and hammer of the ancients for example.

My philosophy is just to combine them. The ratio will depend on your gear and build obviously. Some lifesteal, some Loh, some life regen. I usually run with around 600 Loh, 6% LS, and some small regen. I favor life steal a little bit since I do like 120K dps unbuffed. Why put all your eggs in one basket so to speak?

I found this about 10 minutes ago

gOnYm.jpg

I wish it rolled with crit but

I found this about 10 minutes ago

I wish it rolled with crit but

Man, if that int roll would've been crit, that would've been absolutely disgusting. A true gg item. Still nice, but crazy how one tiny stat can make such a huge difference. Ok, maybe crit isn't tiny but its still just one stat lol.

Back