Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Good thing in chakram is you can get -4 to hatred cost from clock.

And yeah public games have been fun since patch :)

A single chakram is 170%, but twin is 114% each (total of 228%). Considering it was originally 100% each, that's an insignificant bump and not worth the loss of mobility. Like I said, if they made the animation considerably faster, I might look it again. There's also the issue of using twin chakrams in narrow corridors - a problem limited only to the chakram skill tree as a whole :p

The thing is, nothing's changed. Posted NT nerf, DH's scrambled to find a cost-effective alternative. You either had burst (Cluster Arrow - Cluster or LfB) or you had sustain and massive radius in BoL. That hasn't changed since 1.0.4. Heck Cluster Arrow even got its damage bumped slightly too lmao.

after the caltrops jagged spikes nerf , i can't use my tanky DH LoH build anymore so i went back to my original build

so i'm totally one of those people still using cluster arrow with cluster bombs. but now i also mix in vault (/w trail of cinders... OP)

what i would do is vault -> leave behind the Trail of Cinders and then as they walk into the trail -> fire two cluster arrow- cluster bombs in it's wake. with almost 400% crit damage, the thing im firing at... just melts in the ToC and then blows up with cluster bombs :D

i'm still very glass cannon , so there's no doubt ... i will die by a gust of wind. :p
but with the champ/elite regen removed, death doesn't seem bad at all.

^^ Yeah I keep hearing people saying how OP ToC is, but consider the majority of DH's actually can't afford a 1.0.3 Nat's. What does this imply? Yeah you can vault 1 or 2 times, but if do it anymore, and you're burning through what you need for SS/Gloom. Yeah you can Prep as a temporary measure, but I find I usually run out of Disc fairly quickly in Act3.

So in the interest of my survival, over a long period of time I'm still having trouble justifying using ToC, apart from as a purely defensive measure. I could probably drop SS and put vault/ToC there instead, but I would lose my ability to break CC's. As it is right now I probably use Gloom::SS at a 6:1 ratio in Act3, so it's not a huge loss. And really the main concern is from Frozen/Jailer or Frozen/Waller combos, otherwise CC-breaking isn't THAT important :p

*On second thought, I could probably put Vault where I current have RoV/BB...but the reason I have RoV is b/c it is disc/hatred independent dmg burst.

Any CM Wizards out there try a build with Energy Twister - Storm Chaser? It functions basically like a ranged CM/WW build and its easily been the funnest build I've used so far :D. I use it along with Shock Pulse - Living Lightning and Arcane Hydra. With a dash of AP on crit, I can dish out a ton of damage and almost always have diamond skin reset. Even with terrible survivability (my EH is about 230k vs my usual 500k+ atm) the sheer uptime of Diamond Skin makes up for it. I cant wait to use some appropriate gear for this build

Glass cannon here, and I'm now exp running act 3. Basically take the last siegebreaker major checkpoint, check for the end area for a pack, then run all of the barracks. It's not perfect and I die a few times, but my last run took 30 minutes, and netted me over 5.5mil exp (+25% exp ruby in helmet). That comes out to 11mil/hour, which isnt that bad.

I'm still trying to get new wrists, but here's my build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deliverer-1886/hero/3900763
61k dps after sparkflint and force weapon (looking at changing force weapon to blood for some life steal). My electrocute spams really quickly and can clear out most normal mobs very quickly. Hulking phasebeasts in the towers are still too strong for my current setup, so I'm only doing keep runs until I can overpower the beasts before they can kill me.

All resists w/ prismatic :min 548, armor 5.6k, hp 25k. I'm looking at getting some +armor bracers that still have int/crit on them (my last blue so I can upgrade it at no other stat loss pretty easily). My build keeps me at a distance, but if I get CC'ed somehow and archon isnt up, I go down pretty quickly.

P.S. I found a radiant star design, and now I'm kinda scared that I've missed them before while farming this weekend. I've started ignoring blues, and so I was lucky to see design before I moved on. At least I got this one, which will hopefully sell for about $12

I finally found a couple decent items after 2 months of nothing and wasting my life away in this game. Ashame one of them is a wand.

Wand:

http://i.imgur.com/gwu5b.jpg

Ring:

http://i.imgur.com/gs06X.jpg

I'm debating selling the ring, even though it raises my attack up 3k, figuring I could probably get gear to raise it up even more while still having a little cash left over. On the other hand, it's such a nice ring...

I finally found a couple decent items after 2 months of nothing and wasting my life away in this game. Ashame one of them is a wand.

Wand:

http://i.imgur.com/gwu5b.jpg

Ring:

http://i.imgur.com/gs06X.jpg

I'm debating selling the ring, even though it raises my attack up 3k, figuring I could probably get gear to raise it up even more while still having a little cash left over. On the other hand, it's such a nice ring...
I didn't even know wands could roll stats that good.

Glass cannon here, and I'm now exp running act 3. Basically take the last siegebreaker major checkpoint, check for the end area for a pack, then run all of the barracks. It's not perfect and I die a few times, but my last run took 30 minutes, and netted me over 5.5mil exp (+25% exp ruby in helmet). That comes out to 11mil/hour, which isnt that bad.

I'm still trying to get new wrists, but here's my build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deliverer-1886/hero/3900763
61k dps after sparkflint and force weapon (looking at changing force weapon to blood for some life steal). My electrocute spams really quickly and can clear out most normal mobs very quickly. Hulking phasebeasts in the towers are still too strong for my current setup, so I'm only doing keep runs until I can overpower the beasts before they can kill me.

All resists w/ prismatic :min 548, armor 5.6k, hp 25k. I'm looking at getting some +armor bracers that still have int/crit on them (my last blue so I can upgrade it at no other stat loss pretty easily). My build keeps me at a distance, but if I get CC'ed somehow and archon isnt up, I go down pretty quickly.

P.S. I found a radiant star design, and now I'm kinda scared that I've missed them before while farming this weekend. I've started ignoring blues, and so I was lucky to see design before I moved on. At least I got this one, which will hopefully sell for about $12

Any particular purpose for Archon? I find myself extremely vulnerable while using it. It's really fun to have when CM resets its CD within a seconds though. Just logged off using this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Yoshiyuki-1523/hero/893967

Any particular purpose for Archon? I find myself extremely vulnerable while using it. It's really fun to have when CM resets its CD within a seconds though. Just logged off using this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Yoshiyuki-1523/hero/893967

At 60k, I'm melting through most of the mobs before they can get through doors, and I can sometimes clear half a floor in a single session of archon. Sometimes I stay in the mode so long I have to cancel it to refresh MWeapon and Prismatic armor. I'm hoping to push 80k with sparkflint, blood magic weapon, and without glass cannon, that should make exp farming act 3 much much quicker. I can probably tweak stuff around to find better ways to survive though. I have a 10AP on crit off hand at the loss of like 2k dps and hp to the one I have currently equipped, but it unfortunately didnt work well enough for my disenergrate build. Maybe if I also got a helmet that gives AP on crit, I can keep disintegrate up without ever worrying about arcane, and basically simulate archon mode while on cooldown.

I'm pushing my DPS ever so higher with smaller tweaks. Sold about $18 worth of stuff on the RMAH today. I used battle.net accont cause it's going back into gold, or other items to keep pushing DPS (it takes some looking at, but taking advantage of the volitale market can pay off switching between the RMAH and GAH). It's hard to let go of my rings though, I have to run a dps calculator to see what I can do to push it up. It's a mess of crit/critdamage/IAS, so I dont easily see which is a good upgrade.

I've become nearly invulnerable in Act 3 and 4 with my Wizard, and unfortunately it's sapped my will to play further. Not a single F was given for fire-chains, desecration, etc as I can just stand in one place and herp derp hold-down-left-click to victory. The only time I move is if there are 3+ arcane sentries converging on my position.

Last night in a public Act 3 Seigebreaker game, there was a small room in the Underbridge was completely filled with plague and desecration (multiple stacks) and I was able to just stand in one place, hacking away. Two other allies (a monk and a barb) were dying almost instantly when stepping into the room, and the other monk (pretty geared) even had to leave the room.

My DPS isn't all that great, but since I have nearly 100% DPS up-time (i.e. very little to no kiting), I can take down most Act 3 elites in 30 seconds or less (or 2 hydras).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TheCookieLab-1141/hero/3221896

I got my HC barbarian almost to the end of Act 1 Normal, and am already getting burnt out because the game is just so fucking easy = /

Does anyone know how to run two diablo 3 instances at once? I had the idea of joining my game with my buddy's account and just having him chill in town to simulate a /players 2 command...

but when i launch the game it just sits at an empty launcher, no doubt because it detected my game was already running.

Thanks!

I've become nearly invulnerable in Act 3 and 4 with my Wizard, and unfortunately it's sapped my will to play further. Not a single F was given for fire-chains, desecration, etc as I can just stand in one place and herp derp hold-down-left-click to victory. The only time I move is if there are 3+ arcane sentries converging on my position.

Last night in a public Act 3 Seigebreaker game, there was a small room in the Underbridge was completely filled with plague and desecration (multiple stacks) and I was able to just stand in one place, hacking away. Two other allies (a monk and a barb) were dying almost instantly when stepping into the room, and the other monk (pretty geared) even had to leave the room.

My DPS isn't all that great, but since I have nearly 100% DPS up-time (i.e. very little to no kiting), I can take down most Act 3 elites in 30 seconds or less (or 2 hydras).

I guess I need to figure out how to play a wizard, because I can't even pass Act 2 and have stats better than yours in every category except magic find (don't really care as my monk is geared for mf) and armor (~5800). Granted, I'm sharing gear with my witch doctor who can easily farm acts 3 & 4 now. Wizard is just the one class I'm clueless about at the moment. I just want to beat the game with the wizard for the achievement.

Welcome to the end of endgame - when your gear is good enough inferno is in easy mode.

I got my HC barbarian almost to the end of Act 1 Normal, and am already getting burnt out because the game is just so fucking easy = /

Does anyone know how to run two diablo 3 instances at once? I had the idea of joining my game with my buddy's account and just having him chill in town to simulate a /players 2 command...

but when i launch the game it just sits at an empty launcher, no doubt because it detected my game was already running.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you have to run one of them through a virtual machine, but I'm also pretty sure Blizz bans for running multiple instances of D3 on one computer.

I know its tiring to keep waiting for improvements but in Jay's apology letter last week he said they were going to be bringing in the players 8 command, similar to D2.

Anyone have any decent wizard off-hand sorce orbs for trade for a fellow [H]'er. :)

I want a good deal on a decent orb. Looking for around 225+ dmg, crit of 7%+ , +10 ap on crit, and either + max ap or int, vit etc. Lmk. Looking to spend around 80-300k gold.

I know its tiring to keep waiting for improvements but in Jay's apology letter last week he said they were going to be bringing in the players 8 command, similar to D2.

Any Idea if it will scale all the way to 8 or max at 4 like parties.

Also, will it be usable in parties? EG: 3 player party sets it to 4 for more fun. Also, with instanced loot, how is this gonna work?

Sorry for dumb questions lol.

Anyone have any decent wizard off-hand sorce orbs for trade for a fellow [H]'er. :)

I want a good deal on a decent orb. Looking for around 225+ dmg, crit of 7%+ , +10 ap on crit, and either + max ap or int, vit etc. Lmk. Looking to spend around 80-300k gold.

You just described a pretty solid source imo. Besides actual max rolls (which 10 APoC is max) what are you sacrificing? I don't think you're gonna find anything close to that in your price range.

I highly doubt any changes in d3 will turn many people around that hate the game. If you hated the game before and RRRAAAGGGEEE UNINSTALLED the game you're still going to hate the game. If you enjoyed the game before there is more to enjoy. If you we're lukewarm or got tired of the game already, there's some neat things to bring you back for a week or two before you drop it again.

Any Idea if it will scale all the way to 8 or max at 4 like parties.

Also, will it be usable in parties? EG: 3 player party sets it to 4 for more fun. Also, with instanced loot, how is this gonna work?

Sorry for dumb questions lol.

I have no idea and no one else will either b/c its prob still in the design stage. Here is the section that talks about difficulty straight from Jay's letter.

Difficulty has been a constant source of division when discussing the game. Some players believe Diablo has never been about crushing challenges, but more about efficiency and farming. Some players want a game that tests them to their limits. Neither player is wrong. As it stands, Diablo III simply does not provide the tools to allow players to scale the game challenge to something appropriate for them. We set Inferno as the high watermark and took a one-size-fits-all approach to game challenge. Later in the development of Diablo II, the 'players 8' command -- which let people set monster difficulty -- was added to address this issue, and we're considering something similar for the next major Diablo III patch to allow players to make up their own minds about how hard or how easy is right for them.

I highly doubt any changes in d3 will turn many people around that hate the game. If you hated the game before and RRRAAAGGGEEE UNINSTALLED the game you're still going to hate the game. If you enjoyed the game before there is more to enjoy. If you we're lukewarm or got tired of the game already, there's some neat things to bring you back for a week or two before you drop it again.

Sorry m8, but I think you quoted the wrong post. He didn't really sound like he was raging, just wanted to tune the difficulty and I mentioned that Blizz is looking into it according to Jay's apology letter last week.

So I have minimal gold reserves, any idea on how to fix my broken character so I can survive act 2 inferno?

Was using a pre 1.04 Chantodo set, I've ditched the wand portion to increase my damage from 10k to 14k. Been using the melee wizard gameplan, but figure I probably can't afford the gear to make that work so willing to switch to glass cannon if need be.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ArchSaturn-1805/hero/3761093

Worth selling that enchantress focus to get some gold?

So I have minimal gold reserves, any idea on how to fix my broken character so I can survive act 2 inferno?

Was using a pre 1.04 Chantodo set, I've ditched the wand portion to increase my damage from 10k to 14k. Been using the melee wizard gameplan, but figure I probably can't afford the gear to make that work so willing to switch to glass cannon if need be.

Sorry can't check your profile, firewall. But that is really low dps for a wiz. I'm not sure what can help you out except for the fact that you prob just need to farm the shit out of Act 1. You can get good stuff in A1, it might just take longer but seriously just farm the crap out of it. I might be able to help you out with some items if you want, I have a bunch of stuff in my stash and mules that prob wont sell b/c little seems to these days in the AH unless its godly or its orange in color. Let me know

I have no idea and no one else will either b/c its prob still in the design stage. Here is the section that talks about difficulty straight from Jay's letter.

I'm interested in how this will play out. They just got through multiple waves of inferno nerfs because people were complaining it's too hard. Now that gear has deflated on the market and it's viable inferno gear is cheap, inferno is too easy. Maybe they'll bring back inferno to effectively the same thing it used to be, then slap on an, "I TOLD YOU SO" message on it.

My take for these complaints is that blizzard made the game too gear dependent, instead of a balance between gear, experience, and skill. The only difficulty is getting gear, and since that's been nerfed into the ground because of how broken rng is, people want more difficult content again.

I'm just entering the "act 3 is now as easy as act 1" threshold on my wizard, so I'm still having fun for now. I hit p11 yesterday, which is less than 2% of the total exp needed to hit 100. I'm sure I'll be done with the game well before then.

sounds like my dps when i first got to Inferno. I tried buying lots of high Int gear, and that only got me to like 17k. Turns out you just need to get lots of crit and crit damage and watch you DPS # soar.

I'm interested in how this will play out. They just got through multiple waves of inferno nerfs because people were complaining it's too hard. Now that gear has deflated on the market and it's viable inferno gear is cheap, inferno is too easy. Maybe they'll bring back inferno to effectively the same thing it used to be, then slap on an, "I TOLD YOU SO" message on it.

My take for these complaints is that blizzard made the game too gear dependent, instead of a balance between gear, experience, and skill. The only difficulty is getting gear, and since that's been nerfed into the ground because of how broken rng is, people want more difficult content again.

I'm just entering the "act 3 is now as easy as act 1" threshold on my wizard, so I'm still having fun for now. I hit p11 yesterday, which is less than 2% of the total exp needed to hit 100. I'm sure I'll be done with the game well before then.

I think the problem with Inferno is that, although it was *intended* to be a "post game" difficulty, people felt like it was simply the next natural step after Hell rather than the "challenge mode." If it was presented in a different way, like a bonus stage, it might have been perceived a bit differently. This new system they're working on will probably fit the design intention a little better: extra challenge at your own discretion.

I spent about 4 hours farming Act III on Sunday morning, 5 stacks of NV up pretty close to the entire session and... found a pair of gloves worth 30k. Everything else was still trash, as per usual. I came out with a decent chunk of gold, but nothing interesting.

I can't see your entire gear, but as choco stated, crit+crit damage and a dash of increased attackspeed is the quickest way to up your gear.

How much gold do you have on you?
You probably just need to farm. Depending on your gear, you can find decent upgrades for you with enough act 1 farming. A good investment would be to buy dirt cheap mf gear and mf swap to kill packs in act 1. You'll eventually find gear, gain some paragon, and make enough gold to buy decent upgrades for act 2.

Change your off-hand source for a 250+ dmg and your DPS will be much better.

Like other stated, Crit chance + crit dmg and Attack speed are other ways to raise DPS.

It depends on what Kind of build you want to use but the following should work for most builds.

You need Crit, Crit Damage and All res. Farm or Buy from Auction house in this order.

Off Hand. You need Crit primarily, high damage secondly, Arcane on crit third
Rings. You need Crit Primarily, Int Secondly, All res third
Weapon. You need High DPS, High Crit Damage
Boots. You need 12% runwalk, All res, Int
Sholders. Int, All res, vit
Amulet. Crit, Crit Damage, all res
Helmet. Crit, Int, All res, socket

Bracer, Belt, Pants, and Armor are all pretty good. They should be last to upgrade.

Excluding the Weapon you can get pretty decked out for act 2 with 2 million gold......If you don't have 2 million gold get to farming act 1. Or big league it and buy some gold.

For instance take a look at my build.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075789

I just snaked that helmet for 500,000 because I needed a socket for extra EXP to fuel my P level.........most of the other stuff however your probably not going to be able to find for cheap. So take a look at some of my stats and just go slightly lower.......................If you don't do life per second you'll need more VIT than I have though.

Last edited:
I've got about 400k gold right now, and a couple items in my stash that could probably net me another 200k or more.

In 1.03 I was pretty much stuck farming Hell Act 4, in 1.04 with a couple minor upgrades I can farm Inferno Act 1. Logged probably 15 hours, but haven't found anything of particular use outside of the want I'm using. Found a half decent mojo, and a one handed 900 dps weapon (barb stats, no use to me). Sold the weapon, but relisting the mojo until I find a buyer.

I've probably been focusing too much on getting all res + loh to suit the melee build. Hadn't been focusing much on crit dmg.

Got bored of farming Act 3 over and over, so I started a hard core character. My god prices are expensive for survival gear. A flawless square amethyst goes for 25000 gold (which would normall go for ~200 gold on the normal AH).

I don't care how easy it is, even if I can build up a character who can survive anything, I think I need a pure jewel crafting/farming character to save me money in the long run, and try to beat inferno with other chars.

seriously ACT 1 is now super easy mode, you can farm it with 200-300 all resist and 10k damage. ACT II/III also present far less a challenge now that elites don't heal. look for 400 all resist with 20k dmg and 30k health. Need around $5 - $10 mil of gear to make this happen. Farm Act III easily with my wiz geared here. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KaptainKhaos-1514/hero/21942202

To be fair, A1 was always the fairly easy one to farm. Its act2/3 that jumps in difficulty.

Got bored of farming Act 3 over and over, so I started a hard core character. My god prices are expensive for survival gear. A flawless square amethyst goes for 25000 gold (which would normall go for ~200 gold on the normal AH).

I don't care how easy it is, even if I can build up a character who can survive anything, I think I need a pure jewel crafting/farming character to save me money in the long run, and try to beat inferno with other chars.

Heh HC economy is surprisingly fresh/different from SC. Blizz should have considered the massive gem inflation that is possible with gem removal. At least in HC, characters die all the time, clearing out loads of gear from the economy.

I spent about 4 hours farming Act III on Sunday morning, 5 stacks of NV up pretty close to the entire session and... found a pair of gloves worth 30k. Everything else was still trash, as per usual. I came out with a decent chunk of gold, but nothing interesting.

I run with only 40% of MF and just on a single run with my friend (barb) i come across things as low as 30K, but also things that are 500-900K as well. Yeah not big, multi-million items, but it gets the job done. I paid for my bow upgrade (3m) purely off of Act3 drops :p
Maybe you just got bad luck heh heh.

Got my DPS up to 20k without sacrificing much other than a little loh. Can at least grind act 1 quicker now. Got real excited to see my first legendary drop since about 4 days after release.

Fairly mediocre Sultan of Blinding Sand (2h sword), 867 dps, 5% attack speed, 12% movement speed, 13.3% blind, 2.6% knockback and 29% extra gold. Still, will give my barb something to play with at 60.

Do you guys band up together and play ACT 3 any? I'd be interested in getting something going over the weekend if people were up for it!

WD here, btw. Enjoying the viability of pets in inferno, but wish I was better geared for more variety ;)

Back