Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I wonder if they also tweaked Follower AI so they don't bumrush everything, including Treasure Goblins. Wasn't in the patch notes :(

Hmm the gas grenade proc nerf and Jagged Spike nerfs are somewhat notable. Of course I don't use either, so I'm not too concerned, but these two changes combined specifically target tank builds :/

Hmm the gas grenade proc nerf and Jagged Spike nerfs are somewhat notable. Of course I don't use either, so I'm not too concerned, but these two changes combined specifically target tank builds :/

That was the build I used on my DH as soon as I got the game (Cluster Grenades and eventually switched to Gas Grenades)...it was awesome until Inferno Act 2 just made it impractical with all the elites doing crazy damage and having horrible affix combinations. That, and enrage timers punishing me for not building for max DPS. I even added a few thousand bleed damage on my bow and shield to capitalize on the proc coefficient of Gas Grenades (increasing DPS through bleed, which in turn triggered LOH, etc.).

Up until Act 2 it was quite an awesome build, and then the devs didn't want me to be able to play my own way anymore. I went from tanking the Butcher's biggest hits to dying to the enemies outside of town in Act 2...at that point I didn't know what to do with my build or gear except switch to cheese skills and kite. That they're actually nerfing Gas Grenades now shows how inept they are, considering that the Grenades skills require that you basically stand your ground as a fragile class and litter the field in order to have success...they aren't a one-and-run skill.

• Invulnerable Minions has been removed as a possible affix
  • Jailer can now no longer appear with Knockback, Nightmarish, or Vortex
  • Magic Find will now cap at 300% (Nephalem Valor bonuses will still stack beyond this cap)
  • Number of "Preferred Stats" allowed per search increased from 3 to 6
  • The frequency of follower dialog has been reduced
  • Max Block amount on shields with an item level of 59 and higher has been changed so they all provide the same amount of Max Block
  • Legendary items (pre- and post-1.0.4) with the +Attack Speed affix should now work correctly
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to see properties of unidentified items
  • Shielding monsters will no longer shield if they are the last monster left in the area, and only one monster in a given pack can be shielded at a time
A few noteworthy changes and a few :confused: items

Actually, this behaviour rarely happens in the gaming media. There is a massive internet uproar right now.

People do care about respect and credibility.
Yeah there is an uproar about just about everything on the Internet but reality has proven that at the end of the day none of it matters because as a general rule people tend to not vote with their wallet. People still buy the game(s) regardless.

You perhaps want people to care, and perhaps you do, but "people" do not because frankly it simply doesn't matter what one guy says on the Internet about another guy as long as the first guy has a product that "people" want the first guy will get the sales no matter what he says.

This is true not just for games but for any product or service out there hence my comment of it being blown out of proportion. A week from now this will long since been forgotten and people will be happily have moved on to bashing someone else or playing the pre-loaded GW2 or some such.

Yeah there is an uproar about just about everything on the Internet but reality has proven that at the end of the day none of it matters because as a general rule people tend to not vote with their wallet. People still buy the game(s) regardless.

You perhaps want people to care, and perhaps you do, but "people" do not because frankly it simply doesn't matter what one guy says on the Internet about another guy as long as the first guy has a product that "people" want the first guy will get the sales no matter what he says.

This is true not just for games but for any product or service out there hence my comment of it being blown out of proportion. A week from now this will long since been forgotten and people will be happily have moved on to bashing someone else or playing the pre-loaded GW2 or some such.

Bashing Diablo 3 will never end.

That is so not true.

Hahaha why would you seriously farm now with 1.0.4 (hopefully) half a day away?

Thats what I was thinking lol.

I see what you're saying, but in my experience it is true. Those 833 players didn't even make a dent. I remember the huge uproar about L4D2, that boycott list was over 10,000. Valve even brought the main captains of the boycotting movement to their building and showed them the content that L4D2 was bringing to the table. And guess what in the end, L4D2 was still a success.

I see what you're saying, but in my experience it is true. Those 833 players didn't even make a dent. I remember the huge uproar about L4D2, that boycott list was over 10,000. Valve even brought the main captains of the boycotting movement to their building and showed them the content that L4D2 was bringing to the table. And guess what in the end, L4D2 was still a success.

He was joking...half of those people were playing MW2.

He was joking...half of those people were playing MW2.

Lolz, I was just casually following that story line aside from the actual D3 content being posted and didn't even look at those avatars that closely. Well I guess I was just adding to his point, just in a non sarcastic way lol.

Yeah, now that they're removing enrage timers and health resets, might as well remove res timers to keep the pace going.

"People" also say to vote with your wallet, then ridicule the people who actually do. You're right, most people are ADD and a good portion just don't care. I don't care if you care, I don't care if there is a boycott or not. I just pointed out that in any professional field that behaviour will get you fired.

Brevik pretty much ripped the whole D3 team not just Wilson. Jay was speaking on behalf of the entire team because he is the only one who can get away with it.

I deleted all my characters and I'm starting from scratch. Got my barb to 14 last night if anyone is interested in doing the same. I'll probably play an hour or so a day through the week.

Hardcore mode of course.

Brevik pretty much ripped the whole D3 team not just Wilson. Jay was speaking on behalf of the entire team because he is the only one who can get away with it.

There wasn't really any ripping. He was a lot more diplomatic than many of the fans have been. Todd Howard didn't freak the fuck out when Tim Cain said that what Bethesda did to Fallout wasn't what he intended. There should have been more respect there, Diablo 3 in large part owes much of its success to the titles created by Brevik.

Jay said in the 1.0.4 interview that 300% mf on gear was unreachable, I'm pretty sure the max was 440something after valor and shrine.

The rest of the interview I can at least see his point, even though I don't fully agree.

Jay said in the 1.0.4 interview that 300% mf on gear was unreachable, I'm pretty sure the max was 440something after valor and shrine.

The rest of the interview I can at least see his point, even though I don't fully agree.

I'm not sure if Jay has played the game. I'm at just under 300 without no NV and with 10 levels of P i'll be capped....and none of my gear is at max Magic find.

Does anyone know if Shrine will go above and beyond the cap? so I'll have 300 Capped + 75 NV + 25 Shrine for a total of 400?

There should have been more respect there, Diablo 3 in large part owes much of its success to the titles created by Brevik.
That is where I for example fundamentally disagree. No one owes anyone anything anymore. Brevik cashed in and moved on (or was moved on, or however it happened doesn't really matter).

Once you are no longer involved with a project it is up to those who are to carry on and you simply don't get to sit on the peanut gallery and fire cheap shots on the Internet.

That is where I for example fundamentally disagree. No one owes anyone anything anymore. Brevik cashed in and moved on (or was moved on, or however it happened doesn't really matter).

Once you are no longer involved with a project it is up to those who are to carry on and you simply don't get to sit on the peanut gallery and fire cheap shots on the Internet.

You create an IP and you can say whatever you want about it. We didn't create the IP and we say whatever we want about it. Why the double standard? All he said was that Diablo 3 is fundamentally different from D1 and D2. It's not the same theme, setting, formula or focus, which is correct.

Blizzard South did have much different design philosophies and skill sets. What's so outrageous about the truth?

Just finished reading the full patch notes. Damn that is one hefty update.

props blizzard huge step in the right direction. Excited to try it out and see some good level 61 and 62 items.

with the new patch, are they touching anything between 1-59? Are drops going to be better through there? Is the game going to be more difficult?

I feel silly picking gear with horrible stats to just make the game challenging... it should be challenging and make me pick good stats to accomplish things.

with the new patch, are they touching anything between 1-59? Are drops going to be better through there? Is the game going to be more difficult?

I feel silly picking gear with horrible stats to just make the game challenging... it should be challenging and make me pick good stats to accomplish things.

Play hardcore.

Play hardcore.

you know, i never have... maybe this will make the game a bit more fun. I still wish they would fix the lack of gear drops in nightmare and hell from bosses. They seem to have forgotten that no one gets NV until 60.

you know, i never have... maybe this will make the game a bit more fun. I still wish they would fix the lack of gear drops in nightmare and hell from bosses. They seem to have forgotten that no one gets NV until 60.

Once you start, you can't go back. Just giving you fair warning.

I've heard that they were bumping up the difficulty some in the 1-59 range but I can find anything in the patch notes. As far as drops, they state this about legendaries:

-Many lower level Legendary items have had their affix count increased to 6

-The chance for a Legendary item to drop that's below an item level of 50 has been increased

Did you guys see the legendary ring that has a chance to spawn a treasure goblin on hit? I can see that being exploitable with a party of 4 with 5 stack hanging around something that hits for nothing in act 3

Once you start, you can't go back. Just giving you fair warning.

Meh, I go back and forth all the time. As a matter of fact I was just talking to my friend last night while playing HC, I really wish they would add something to the screen to denote that you're in HC. Or maybe that adds to the Hardcoreness lol. Maybe like a noticeable banner around your portrait in the upper left or something. One of these times I'm going to forget that I'm in HC and just being kind of casual and lose my char.

Meh, I go back and forth all the time. As a matter of fact I was just talking to my friend last night while playing HC, I really wish they would add something to the screen to denote that you're in HC. Or maybe that adds to the Hardcoreness lol. Maybe like a noticeable banner around your portrait in the upper left or something. One of these times I'm going to forget that I'm in HC and just being kind of casual and lose my char.

Ive done it with my MF gear many times =P

Did you guys see the legendary ring that has a chance to spawn a treasure goblin on hit? I can see that being exploitable with a party of 4 with 5 stack hanging around something that hits for nothing in act 3

Yeah I heard people talking about that too. The problem is if you think this will work in Hell or lower, well then you're just gonna get hell or lower level loot. And well, as easy as Act 1 is, you still can't just stand there and take hits. Also reading the blog, I believe its for elites/champs and bosses by the little comment they put in there. Its not like a simple skeleton is going to hit you and out spawns a gob. I think its suppose to add an exciting curveball to the bigger encounters in the game.

Puzzle Ring (Ring) - This ring gives heroes a chance to summon a Treasure Goblin when they’re hit. The tooltip will be something along the lines of: "This ring sometimes calls forth a Treasure Goblin when you are hit."

…I bet that will prove to be entertaining during a boss fight. ;)

I could be reading to much into their cryptic clue, but it seems to OP to be spawing gobs even from normal mobs. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah I heard people talking about that too. The problem is if you think this will work in Hell or lower, well then you're just gonna get hell or lower level loot. And well, as easy as Act 1 is, you still can't just stand there and take hits. Also reading the blog, I believe its for elites/champs and bosses by the little comment they put in there. Its not like a simple skeleton is going to hit you and out spawns a gob. I think its suppose to add an exciting curveball to the bigger encounters in the game.

Puzzle Ring (Ring) - This ring gives heroes a chance to summon a Treasure Goblin when they’re hit. The tooltip will be something along the lines of: "This ring sometimes calls forth a Treasure Goblin when you are hit."

…I bet that will prove to be entertaining during a boss fight. ;)

I could be reading to much into their cryptic clue, but it seems to OP to be spawing gobs even from normal mobs. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

you still have to be able to kill them... shits hard dude. ever chased a goblin into a pack??i have.. almost everytime hah

you still have to be able to kill them... shits hard dude. ever chased a goblin into a pack??i have.. almost everytime hah

Maybe I'm just decently geared, b/c gobs in normal trash mobs are no problemo. I did have an interesting one during an elite pack that was fun, but popped berserker and it was still lights out for everyone lol. Its awesome seeing all that loot after something like that, just covers the floor. Too bad it all sucks, but hopefully that will be changing soon :)

Obviously I could be wrong but since betting is fun, I will bet that it only works for champs/elites/bosses. Probably a min damage value depending on what act your in that you have to receive for it to be able to proc.

Managed to log in and played around awhile.

I wonder if I'll ever hit level 100 Paragon before I die :p

But I guess that's the idea.

Back