Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I open my boxes by tearing. It's a box. Now if it's a box to a Rolex or Breitling. Let's be real here.

That dude has the motor skills and dexterity of a 3 year old. It's a bit un-nerving to watch. It seems wrong.

God that was uncomfortable to watch. Why do they all have to be so...awkwardly nerdy? I feel like they're the kind of guys who would stand around in a room and make meme jokes to each other for hours on end.

Who cares, they are nice people and true gamer nerds, which makes the clip all the more legit. Lucky bastards too, they make tons of money from all those youtube hits.

People have forgot how to have fun and not take stuff too seriously.

It's not that at all, nor a lack of ability to find fun. It's just astonishment at the under developed physical abilities of that individual. That was the biggest stand out of the video to me.

Props to them for enjoying what they enjoy and doing what they do, of course.

Those guys are youtubers who've exploded in popularity about a 1-1.5 years ago. I guess people like their style.

It's not that at all, nor a lack of ability to find fun. It's just astonishment at the under developed physical abilities of that individual. That was the biggest stand out of the video to me.

LOL.

In order to hold the sword, he had to have one-hand on the blade. Totally ruined the immersion.

Anyone who preorder collector edition got their order shipped yet?

Mine still says "In Process"....

I ordered a World of Warcraft collector's edition a couple of years back and received it two days before launch.

TBH, it's not worth a whole lot since the best you can do is look at the stuff inside....

I refuse to play with pubs.. it was really annoying in the beta they just run through the damn thing as fast as possible. Me personally I like to take my time, explore and enjoy... This isn't d2

that is how i play, i prefer to completely clear an area before moving on.

glad the Nephalem Valor system is going to encurage that now too.

God that was uncomfortable to watch. Why do they all have to be so...awkwardly nerdy? I feel like they're the kind of guys who would stand around in a room and make meme jokes to each other for hours on end.

word i dont find them funny either, depends on your sense of humor i guess but i hate that shitty nerd banter.

Personally i can imagine it, plenty of awful gamers with either no brain cells or just shite reaction speeds. :D Never played a CS pub before?

i have but how do you die within 27 seconds of making a new character in any diablo game lol.

mine did too

RTixK.jpg

word i dont find them funny either, depends on your sense of humor i guess but i hate that shitty nerd banter.

I absolutely cannot stand them. I avoid any of their videos because they annoy me to no end.

27 seconds is awful.

I bet if you play your cards right you can push it to 20!

reminds me of those damn electronic pets - starts off as an egg and you gotta raise a chicken or something.

Some kids had contests to see who could kill it the fastest.

Anyone have any idea how Diablo 3 will run on my i5 laptop ? 1366x768 resolution, HD 3000 graphics I believe. (it's not my primary rig) but I will be out of town away from my beastly gaming PC on Monday/Tuesday when the game unlocks.

I'm going to guess and say "runs like crap" but it's all good because at least I can get started and setup my character and run through the first part of act1 I got to see during the open beta.

Anyone have any idea how Diablo 3 will run on my i5 laptop ? 1366x768 resolution, HD 3000 graphics I believe. (it's not my primary rig) but I will be out of town away from my beastly gaming PC on Monday/Tuesday when the game unlocks.

I'm going to guess and say "runs like crap" but it's all good because at least I can get started and setup my character and run through the first part of act1 I got to see during the open beta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNWMMOha0_w

Last edited:
Does anyone know if your team mates can make use of a merchant trained by you? Or does every player have to make their own merchants?

You have to level up your own artisans.

While true, there's really nothing stopping you from trading materials to a friend with a higher level artisans, and having them just give you whatever it makes back AFAIK. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

While true, there's really nothing stopping you from trading materials to a friend with a higher level artisans, and having them just give you whatever it makes back AFAIK. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

thats true.

I'm feeling like a tard for asking this... but I don't want to screw up Diablo 3 when it's finally released.

So I've pre-loaded and all that jazz, sad part is I will be out of town Mon/Tues for the release, I've prelodaed on my laptop as well. I want to get a bit of gaming on my laptop in D3 while I'm out of town, but I don't know how restrictive Blizzard has gotten with their DRM.

If I install it on my laptop first, will it give me hell 1 day later when I come home and install it on my primary gaming machine? Note: I rarely game at all on my laptop, I just don't want to "tie" my copy of Diablo3 to a machine which I never really use outside of travel.

Thanks in advance!

I'm feeling like a tard for asking this... but I don't want to screw up Diablo 3 when it's finally released.

So I've pre-loaded and all that jazz, sad part is I will be out of town Mon/Tues for the release, I've prelodaed on my laptop as well. I want to get a bit of gaming on my laptop in D3 while I'm out of town, but I don't know how restrictive Blizzard has gotten with their DRM.

If I install it on my laptop first, will it give me hell 1 day later when I come home and install it on my primary gaming machine? Note: I rarely game at all on my laptop, I just don't want to "tie" my copy of Diablo3 to a machine which I never really use outside of travel.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think it'll give you any problems. The game is tied to your battle.net account so you should be able to install on it on as many machines as you like. You'll only be able to login from one at a time anyway.

I don't think it'll give you any problems. The game is tied to your battle.net account so you should be able to install on it on as many machines as you like. You'll only be able to login from one at a time anyway.

Sweet thanks :)

Even though I'll be starting out on my HD3000 card in my 15R laptop, it's just for a night, then I'll be back in town and enjoying it on my 6790Xfire and 27" HP LED monitor :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aWVThR!dZW!ZZaaaa

this is my planned lvl 30 monk build.

my defensive healing skill is subject to change based on who im partied with. Inner Sanctuary is for when im grouped with a friend who is a ranged wizard or demon hunter so i can put up a 5 sec bubble that enemys cant pass into and the ranged guys can fire from it and get healed at the same time, ill change it to Serenity with the Peaceful Repose Rune if im solo. and if im in a group with mostly melee ill use Breath of Heaven with Circle of life Rune.

one of the other skills i might change is one of the passive ones 6th Sense which gives me dodge based on 30% of my crit chance. the other one i might want in its place is Seize the Initiative which gives me 100% armor based on my Agility. i need to see which one is better based on the gear i have to choose which one of those i will use.

i am going to see how it is and how i need to change things up as i play and the diff increases on the way to 60 before i decide on a high level build.

its a pretty defensive build

Back