Diablo 3 Beta

Whoa, I actually like these changes a lot. Especially the Skill UI. I completely disagree on the whole "ZOMG theyre making this 4 consoles!!!1!1" thing. This is just better button management. The old Skill UI was kind of clusterfuck.
The new UI fucked things up, IMO. Not saying the old was great, but the new UI is NOT an improvement. Between the two, it was a lot easier for me to manage the skills with the old UI.

Whoa, I actually like these changes a lot. Especially the Skill UI. I completely disagree on the whole "ZOMG theyre making this 4 consoles!!!1!1" thing. This is just better button management. The old Skill UI was kind of clusterfuck.

I'm guessing you are not in the beta, because the changes actually require you to go through more menus than the old one. you have to click through each of those 6 areas, then pick a skill from the list, then pick a rune from the list, then go back out. With the old UI, I opened up my skill window and just started changing them.

Call me paranoid, but I think they are trying to create a universal UI.

I'm guessing you are not in the beta, because the changes actually require you to go through more menus than the old one. you have to click through each of those 6 areas, then pick a skill from the list, then pick a rune from the list, then go back out. With the old UI, I opened up my skill window and just started changing them.

Hm, interesting. I did play a lot of the old beta, but admittedly haven't messed around in the new one. I'll have to check it out.

Yeah and the fact that they make you use skills and give you no options for a basic attack.

Yeah and the fact that they make you use skills and give you no options for a basic attack.

I'm sure this is merely an oversight. Prior to the latest beta patch, you always had access to the basic attack.

I am surprised more people are not bitching about the ugly character models and complete lack of customization of those models.

I'm sure this is merely an oversight. Prior to the latest beta patch, you always had access to the basic attack.

Yep, beta is beta. Until they mention its deliberate removal, its best to just make a report and sit tight like I did. We are after all beta testers and not early previewers.

I am surprised more people are not bitching about the ugly character models and complete lack of customization of those models.

Then people will whine about how its too much like WoW and less like Diablo! :p

I have played the old old, the old and now the new. I personally like the transition. Most of this is to take away the things that slow the game down. Personally I have always hated the whole character appearance "customization" thing. Really? I could care less what my character looks like, I want to play the bloody game. As for all the stat changes, I think it just makes it a little easier for fluid action and gameplay not to have to adjust every stat under the sun. I also feel this makes it much easier to bring in other classes later on through DLC or player contributions. It should also help keep things more balanced especially for multiplayer.

So all in all, I completely agree with the changes. I don't think it is totally console driven. Might some of the changes have to do with consoles? Sure, but these particularly changes don't seem to have to do much with consoles since you could do everything before on a console as well. They are just making things easier in many ways for various reasons. Also as others stated many of these changes seem to be made for more casuals. And let's be honest, more people than ever are playing games now. People who never would have played before are playing everyday. So it makes more sense to design something that everyone can use.

But why such drastic changes its like a new IP with how heavily the game changed,

it seems really stupid that anyone wanting to play diablo 3 has probably played 1&2 so all those people measuring in the millions are going to be disappointed by this turd so blizzard can have this slim chance of getting the cod kiddies money?

But why such drastic changes its like a new IP with how heavily the game changed,

it seems really stupid that anyone wanting to play diablo 3 has probably played 1&2 so all those people measuring in the millions are going to be disappointed by this turd so blizzard can have this slim chance of getting the cod kiddies money?

Blizzard's way too good at making money by appealing to the broadest audience possible to care what the the hardcore d2 player thinks.

It'll be wildly successful and the more dedicated fan will be at least "somewhat disappointed" but still buy the game and enjoy it.

I tried playing D3 some more and leveled a Demon hunter up to 9. I understand it's just the beginning of the game, but it is not compelling to me. I previously tried a female witch doctor and the voice-over made me cringe; it sounds too much like WoW.

The loot system & gear isn't compelling enough for me to want to find better gear; the monsters are incredibly easy and it's mindless to level up. It seems like there's no planning required to pick skills because there's too many restrictions.

I cancelled my D3 preorder and I'm going back to playing the Path of Exile beta test. It feels so much more like a D2 successor. I am very disappointed in Blizzard's D3 turd and I will probably not be purchasing it.

The skill system in Path of Exile has endless options and the crafting system is really flexible. They're not catering the GUI to consoles and the classes are pretty balanced. Monsters are challenging, quests are fun and in the beta test I can go all the way to level 100. They let me play through the harder difficulties and the spells are done very well.

They're implementing feedback from the community and making the game better.
You guys should really check it out and register. They give beta keys out to people who post in their forums.

I had many years of D2 and level 99 characters, did the botting and jsp scripts, optimized for magic finds, crafted a CCB and at one point I was the # 1 sorceress on the USWest realm. I'm very sad that D3 isn't what I'd hoped it to be. For those of you anxiously waiting for D3, please understand that it's not going to be the great game you expect. I highly recommend looking at other Diablo-type games including Path of Exile, Grim Dawn and Torchlight 2.

The amount of hacks and dupes in beta is already mindboggling, which is about what I thought it would be but even still I'm surprised.

The amount of hacks and dupes in beta is already mindboggling, which is about what I thought it would be but even still I'm surprised.

Source or hard evidence/examples to back up such a claim?

Hahaha, I'd find posts of people defending the "always online" requirement by saying it is to reduce hacks, but I am a bit too lazy right now.

This game is a turd.

Hahaha, I'd find posts of people defending the "always online" requirement by saying it is to reduce hacks, but I am a bit too lazy right now.

This game is a turd.

:rolleyes: Well this is the first I've ever seen any posts saying this, so let's hold on to our pitchforks for a moment.

Source or hard evidence/examples to back up such a claim?

I'd like to see this too. It'd be absolutely hilarious to debunk their reasons for the always-on connection, even with singleplayer, during the BETA rofl

From some research, the duping is apparently a hole in the game itself, not from external sources. The point of the beta is to find and fix these problems....

Diablo 2 was perfectly possible to play using only a mouse. And people are going to complain about "consolization"? Please.

maybe for a melee class? I always played sorc and had teleport. GL swapping moves back and forth with a mouse. Oh and potions aren't necessary right?

Definitely not possible to play Diablo 2 with just a mouse. If you think that, you have not played at an advanced level.

Playing well, even playing a fucking Hammerdin, required numerous hotkeys and constantly switching between many different abilities. You cannot do that with just a mouse.

Unless you're referring to a mouse like the Razer Naga/Epic with 15 buttons. And that would still be a bitch.

Go play through the whole game, normal-hell with ubers on a sorceress using only the left and right mouse buttons. Make a video. gogogo

Done, done, and done, by many many people a long time ago. Get a clue man. Diablo and even Diablo 2 were very easy to play with just a mouse. That was pretty much the whole point of their style, so you could play a simple hack and slash RPG like game with minimal effort. You trying to say people need to prove it is insane, when soooo many peole have already done it. You only need to prove something when no one has done it or it is not common. However it was extremely common for ppl to play both D1 and D2 with just a mouse.

Really?! You are quoting an article from vr-zone first of all. Second of all it is based on a community manager. Third of all he uses poor analogies to movies... And worst of all, it lists no facts and the premise is based on the fact that often times fans overhype things. This is not any kind of news at all. Just more sensationalism which you seem to like to spread.

I'm glad their PR man has come out and said "game is not gonna live up to hype, deal with it lol." Yes, this is a blue post.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4063008863?page=2#36

On a more serious note, I too worry that we won't be able to meet the expectations people have built up for themselves. Part of my job is managing people's expectations, so... eh... stop it. Stop thinking about how awesome this game could be. Just imagine it's a new M. Night Shyamalan movie. Sure Sixth Sense was amazing and Unbreakable had it's moments, but this right here is the sequel to The Village ... or The Happening ... or Signs ... or any of the movies besides the two I first mentioned. So just like, lower those expectations, but still definitely buy the game please, and everything will be just fine. K?

Great, Diablo 2 = The Sixth Sense and Diablo 3 = The Happening. Maybe don't describe it that way in the future.

Done, done, and done, by many many people a long time ago. Get a clue man. Diablo and even Diablo 2 were very easy to play with just a mouse. That was pretty much the whole point of their style, so you could play a simple hack and slash RPG like game with minimal effort. You trying to say people need to prove it is insane, when soooo many peole have already done it. You only need to prove something when no one has done it or it is not common. However it was extremely common for ppl to play both D1 and D2 with just a mouse.

Really?! You are quoting an article from vr-zone first of all. Second of all it is based on a community manager. Third of all he uses poor analogies to movies... And worst of all, it lists no facts and the premise is based on the fact that often times fans overhype things. This is not any kind of news at all. Just more sensationalism which you seem to like to spread.

I have never heard of anyone playing through the game with just the mouse and I still play from time to time to this day.

Would what the community manager said have any more merit if someone else from Blizzard said it? Dude works for Blizzard and said the game wasn't going to be as good as Diablo 2.

Don't get so upset, all I did was link an article and it's just a video game.

I have never heard of anyone playing through the game with just the mouse and I still play from time to time to this day.

Would what the community manager said have any more merit if someone else from Blizzard said it? Dude works for Blizzard and said the game wasn't going to be as good as Diablo 2.

Don't get so upset, all I did was link an article and it's just a video game.

I am not upset, its just that your posts are absurd. I don't care if you have never heard of it, its been done over and over and is easy. That has always been the point and allure of Diablo, an easy hack n slash RPG game. That has always been its style.

The community manager works for Blizzard, managing the community not making the game. So yes, it would absolutely mean more coming from someone in Blizzard who actually works on the bloody game. Stop sensationalizing things that have no merit. You haven't even played the game, yet you make comments about it, then you keep posting stuff that has no merit on the game at all. Why are you even here?

Back