Diablo 3 Beta

Their biggest release since WoW was each of the WoW expansions and then Starcraft II (which sold 1.5M units in its first 48 hours).

One thing is for sure, they've already sold 1M units thanks to the annual pass so expect this to eclipse 2M units in the first 48.

Their biggest release since WoW was each of the WoW expansions and then Starcraft II. No one knows how successful this game will be.

One thing is for sure, they've already sold 1M units thanks to the annual pass.

It's a pretty safe guess that it will sell better than SC2, which was somewhat disspointing in sales. We also have to consider even all those playing SP campaign are on bnet now too.

It's a pretty safe guess that it will sell better than SC2, which was somewhat disspointing in sales. We also have to consider even all those playing SP campaign are on bnet now too.

I really doubt sc2 sales were disappointing to anybody. Those numbers never include digital sales.

^^ Why even bother publishing incomplete numbers? The group of people who put out those sales figures are retarded.

I bought my SC2 right from blizz's website.

Disappointing? Not sure about that. 1.5M in 48 hours (not including digital purchase) is pretty impressive by anyone's standards.

^^ Why even bother publishing incomplete numbers? The group of people who put out those sales figures are retarded.

I bought my SC2 right from blizz's website.

Blizzard did release sales figures, both bnet and retail. It was likely some 7 million copies. I was being facetious about SC2 not selling well, just that D3 will sell better, especially since it will eventually be on console, too.

Disappointing? Not sure about that. 1.5M in 48 hours (not including digital purchase) is pretty impressive by anyone's standards.

yeah the first month of sales was 3 million.

no big deal thats only like 180 million when sold @ 60 dollars each

Yeah, I think at the very least, SC2 got the "fastest selling RTS" title or something like that. Not exactly the most impressive statistic, but at least it broke some kind of record. :p

I regret not taking leave for this. I have 30 days to burn before the end of this year, definitely could have used some of it for this. Oh well.

I regret not taking leave for this. I have 30 days to burn before the end of this year, definitely could have used some of it for this. Oh well.

Ahaha how much advance notice do you need to give? It's still 2 weeks till the day, unless your workplace requires like 1 month notice :p

Ahaha how much advance notice do you need to give? It's still 2 weeks till the day, unless your workplace requires like 1 month notice :p

Need to have at least a month between asking for it. For instance, I can't ask for any leave in May since our May schedule has been created already, but I can ask for anything in June and onward. Shift work sucks. :p

PSA, I guess...

current Catalyst 12.4 release drivers aren't going to be supported for use in Diablo III. Either revert to an earlier release or maybe the 12.5 release

Lame. I won't roll back just for one game. Especially considering the pain in the ass that is installing AMD drivers.

Yeah what the hell AMD? Let's not verify current drivers work properly for the (probably) biggest game of the year? Talk about adding fuel to the already blazing inferno of "AMD drivers suck" train

Yeah what the hell AMD? Let's not verify current drivers work properly for the (probably) biggest game of the year? Talk about adding fuel to the already blazing inferno of "AMD drivers suck" train

AMD driver writers are still optimizing it for Crysis. Too busy to bother with one of the most anticipated games IN A DECADE!.

Just read about the ATI drivers on their forums as well. Here's what one of their moderators had to say last night:

As of right now, tonight, the word I have is 12.4 will not be supported on release. That could change between now and then though.

Just read about the ATI drivers on their forums as well. Here's what one of their moderators had to say last night:

Sometime during the day, Blizzard deleted that thread where the support agent said Catalyst 12.4 wouldn't work with the game. Blizzard also hasn't updated its video card compatibility sticky at the top of their technical support forum to add a note that AMD owners can't use 12.4 drivers. Based on the deletion of the thread and the absence of this alleged incompatibility being added to the document where such info is suppose to go, I think the Blizzard support agent who posted this was badly misinformed and posted this claim without verifying it internally. His bosses appear to have noticed and yanked the thread.

It didn't ever make much sense that Blizzard would announce that AMD's latest drivers wouldn't work with Diablo 3 through some random support agent posting in the tech support forum.

Back