- Joined
- Apr 26, 2008
- Messages
- 927
Well crap.....I might it a shot on my iPad but I was not expecting this
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
3. Hopefully they make some good money here to spend on DX4.There wasn't a strong likelihood for a real sequel this soon. Staff was likely all shifted to Thief post DXHR which is their next major project.
What's with all the negative response? If they can pull off one of the best PC/console titles of 2011, what makes people think they can't pull off one of the best mobile games? I'm hoping this is going to be awesome, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.
What's with all the negative response? If they can pull off one of the best PC/console titles of 2011, what makes people think they can't pull off one of the best mobile games? I'm hoping this is going to be awesome, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.
That was a game developed for two different platforms, this is only for iOS. Mobile iOS is big departure from PC/consoles.
At least release it on Android too, which many PC gamers have.
What's with all the negative response? If they can pull off one of the best PC/console titles of 2011, what makes people think they can't pull off one of the best mobile games? I'm hoping this is going to be awesome, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Because some of us really don't give a shit about mobile games?
You've thrown the baby out with the bathwater then. Good games are good games, and shitty games are shitty games, regardless of platform. I'm hoping this one ends up being a good one. I like the franchise and I hope the game does it justice. Hopefully they can pull off something that stands out from the crowd.
It's significantly easier to build a high quality 3D game for iOS, due to a much more limited hardware ecosystem, so it makes sense that it's the target platform. Square Enix ports most of their titles to Android a few months after an iOS release. If the game is good, you can probably expect it to show up on Android too.
Speaking of Director's Cuts, isn't the DX:HR DC only available on the Wii U? Why is it only available on that platform?![]()
Wikipedia said:On March 20, 2013, Eidos Montreal announced that they will release a Wii U version of the game titled Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, which they call the "ultimate edition of the game". Changes include improved boss battles, AI and graphics,[40] as well as extra functionality with the Wii U GamePad. The first trailer for the game was released on April 3, 2013, showing the different functionalities that the Wii U GamePad will offer.[41] The game is a co-production between Eidos Montreal and Australian developer Straight Right, who previously worked with BioWare on the Wii U version of Mass Effect 3.[42].
Announced for a release in May 2013, this version has been delayed/TBA.
Amazon said:
- Ultimate Deus Ex: Human Revolution experience : take advantage of a multitude of improvements, features and additional content that bring this already critically-acclaimed adventure towhole new levels
- Tap into the Wii U's GamePad true potential: Adam Jensen's newest augmentation, the Neural Hub, offers an immersive and empowering experience, right at the tips of your fingers
- Absolute fusion of action and role-play: A unique combination of action-packed close-quarter takedowns and intense shooting, offering a vast array of augmentations and upgrades for the many weapons at your disposal
- Multi-solution structure: Choose how to accomplish each mission using combat, hacking, stealth or social mode to create a customized experience to suit any gaming style
- Diverse customization: Engage in combat and challenges utilizing deep, specialized character augmentations and weapon upgrades
Here's what I found...
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_Ex_Human_Revolution#Wii_U_version
[/LIST]
Source: http://www.amazon.com/DeusEx-Revolution-Directors-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B00BORFD9Q/
From what I can tell, it's a lot of fixes that people wanted done in patches but nothing surfaced.
Better AI is ALWAYS welcome. Damn, they should really give that to us PC folk.. i'd do a 3rd playthrough.
Or they could just allow modding... that'd be cool too.
From what I can tell, it's a lot of fixes that people wanted done in patches but nothing surfaced.
Also, I dislike it because it seems like they are wasting their time on this shit rather than making an ACTUAL DX:HR sequel.
Missing Link was nice. I was a little surprised they didn't give us at least one more DLC after that but I guess that's it.
I found it to be alright. I wanted a lot more than a character skill rebuild & sneaking around on a big boat. I'm not sure why Square Enix called it quits after Missing Link.
First of all, fuck the fact that this is being pushed for iOS. SquareEnix has such a major erection for iOS it is fucking sickening; I'm still sore over the fact that Theatrerhythm STILL isn't fucking available for Android. SquareEnix has been developing and publishing a significant amount of (relatively expensive) mobile titles as of recently, and has been treating Android like a second class citizen, despite its large install base and comparative ease of publishing a product for the (open) platform. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that SE is offering some titles on mobile - I'd much rather have them available on Android and iOS for $8 than stuck as NintendoDS or Vita titles for $30. However, I expect a level of quality and commitment to the process that I don't see as of yet , especially with regards to Android.
Anybody ever play Bard's Tale on mobile platform? It actually changed my whole perspective on tablets for gaming.