Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

I bought the Collector's Edition for PC, and Squenix' Website was the only place I could find offering it. Since I haven't gotten an email confirming shipping yet, I'm guessing I'll be playing 3-5 days later than the rest of you (if I'm lucky). Hopefully it is here before the weekend.

In any respect, I'll be playing at 4k 60htz with 980ti SLI, so I'll report back with my performance. Anyone else going to be playing at 4k?

I have 2 monitors (4k TV and my X34) -- but will be playing on X34 3440x1440 100hz....I'm going to order my Pascal Titan this week as soon as one comes available, had to wait on some extra money to come in. Going to play on the X34, hoping that I can get decent frames on "High" -- from what I'm reading Ultra is pretty tough on most all systems right now.

Won't be super bummed if I end up unable to play until the weekend, it's likely inevitable that some patching will need to be done.

Waiting for this game to hit the public before I make my purchase. No reason to rush it.

People talking about waiting for DX12...does it actually add anything to the game? Or just potentially better performance?

Hitman DX12 still seems to run equal at best to DX11, broken/crashing at worst, so I'm not really seeing what DX12 has to offer at this point.

I have 2 monitors (4k TV and my X34) -- but will be playing on X34 3440x1440 100hz....I'm going to order my Pascal Titan this week as soon as one comes available, had to wait on some extra money to come in. Going to play on the X34, hoping that I can get decent frames on "High" -- from what I'm reading Ultra is pretty tough on most all systems right now.

Won't be super bummed if I end up unable to play until the weekend, it's likely inevitable that some patching will need to be done.

Nice! If I wasn't still paying off the 980's I'd be tempted to do the same. The rig needs an overhaul before I stuff any more GPU HP in it anyway (still running OC'd 3770). I'm sure we'll see a day one patch, but I agree. If it gets blessed with more optimizations before the weekend, I won't complain about having to wait.

The Streams I've seen from those who managed to get the game early look impressive. Not Frostbite or Cryengine impressive, but good for what we've been shown and have come to expect. Eager to get immersed in this world.

People talking about waiting for DX12...does it actually add anything to the game? Or just potentially better performance?

Hitman DX12 still seems to run equal at best to DX11, broken/crashing at worst, so I'm not really seeing what DX12 has to offer at this point.

It takes away about 15% of performance compared to DX11 without any improvement in visuals.

What I liked about the last game yellow tint aiside was the music I think like you were in a alternate future Cyber Reality. I guess the same guy Michael McCann did the music for both games on a quick Bing search. I suppose in the future they will bring back electronic music =)

Last edited:
What I liked about the last game yellow tint aiside was the music I think like you were in a alternate future Cyber Reality. I guess the same guy Michael McCann did the music for both games on a quick Bing search. I suppose in the future they will bring back electronic music =)

Yup, it's McCann on both and I'm a big fan of his.

Here is his site with a lot of audio on it: Michael McCann | Composer | Official site of tv, game and film composer Michael McCann.

I preordered, but the reviews have me a little bit afraid. Half the reason the Deus Ex series has been as good as it has is the story, and I'm a little bit concerned to see that as a weak point.

On the other hand, a bunch of reviews seem to ding the game for being 'more of the same' - which in my view is not at all a problem. I'd be concerned if the game was changing things that worked.

I preordered, but the reviews have me a little bit afraid. Half the reason the Deus Ex series has been as good as it has is the story, and I'm a little bit concerned to see that as a weak point.

On the other hand, a bunch of reviews seem to ding the game for being 'more of the same' - which in my view is not at all a problem. I'd be concerned if the game was changing things that worked.
The weaker main story is a bit disappointing but some reviews mentioned that the side missions make up for it. It being 'more of the same' is a good thing if you liked HR. Familiar gameplay won't hurt the experience and the new stuff they've added should only enhance it. Also, game levels are more complex and they added more paths to explore which is awesome. Any negativity I had for the game prior to reading the reviews went out the window.

Those who got the game early are reporting a 4Gb Day One Patch for PS4. I assume we'll see something similar for PC.

Also some Season Pass details have imerged. To be honest it looks rather lack luster imo; mostly Breach focused with 2 added story missions for the SP fans. Not worth the $30 they're asking, for me at least, unless the missions are extensive.

• Two story missions titled “System Rift” and “A Criminal Past”
  • Two weapons packs
  • Four Praxis Kits
  • 5,000 Credits
  • Five Booster Packs of randomly generated content normally acquired through the purchase of microtransactions and 20 “Chipsets” for the Breach game mode

Those who got the game early are reporting a 4Gb Day One Patch for PS4. I assume we'll see something similar for PC.

Also some Season Pass details have imerged. To be honest it looks rather lack luster imo; mostly Breach focused with 2 added story missions for the SP fans. Not worth the $30 they're asking, for me at least, unless the missions are extensive.

• Two story missions titled “System Rift” and “A Criminal Past”
  • Two weapons packs
  • Four Praxis Kits
  • 5,000 Credits
  • Five Booster Packs of randomly generated content normally acquired through the purchase of microtransactions and 20 “Chipsets” for the Breach game mode
All I care about are the extra story missions and not a way to make the game easier. Two story missions? I'm guessing they aren't exactly adding a lot of playtime to the game so I'll pass for now. No pun intended.

Hold up - this game has fucking microtransaction booster packs? Seriously?

Huh...hadn't even heard of Breach mode until now. I know why companies do this but it's just...sad.

Same, kind of. I'd heard of it, saw a couple videos and still had ABSOLUTELY zero interest. For me it's all about the Single Player. I 'may' try out Breach some day if there's a game drought and I'm painfully bored, but DX has always been about the story for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge them for adding a MP, but to focus their Season Pass around it seems misguided to me. This franchise has always been about the SP. Doesn't mean a MP can't work, but recognize where your fan base's interests lie.

Nonetheless, I felt the same way about Mass Effect, and ME3's MP turned out to be better then their tacked on ending. So... more power to 'em.

Indeed the talk of multiplayer being added while at the same time criticisms about the story does not sounds good, like they got their priorities messed up again

Last edited:
Indeed the talk of multiplayer being added while at the same time criticisms about the story does not sounds good, like they got their priorities messed up again

It's not multiplayer. Breach mode is single player. There are leaderboards and the like but that's it as far as MP goes. It was also developed by a different team so it didn't take from Eidos Montreal's time. Though that mode is probably a big reason the game got delayed.

I just got my key and I'm going to start downloading it when I get off work.

Anyone know what time it unlocks?

I have to admit I'm a little excited about Breach mode. First glance looked like nothing I would touch, but the latest video looked like it might be interesting. Much like ME3's multiplayer being much better than I would have thought (heck- I still log a round or two sometimes).

I think Breach mode would be good. I like challenge modes quite a bit, though I wish the main story would be longer.

I'm holding off until the DX12 version hits...hopefully a patch or 2 will be released by then improving performance in Ultra

Gah.... this basically means I can't play it til i get home.

As much as I painfully must admit, I think I am not going to buy this at this time, because I currently do not have a GPU powerful enough to run it at a setting that would not ruin the game for me.

Unless, of course, I get an 1080 this weekend, but I have eyes set in Titan X and it currently refuses to show up in Taiwan... :cry:

Btw, any reports on how the game supports multi-GPU?

It's pretty awesome that they decided that PC gamers don't deserve a midnight launch. We were all created equal... except for PC gamers.

Something to keep in mind is that DX:MD will be the first Denuvo game launched since the recent success against Denuvo and renewed focus against it from certain parties.

I'll never understand why it isn't a universal standard for a game to be unlocked come midnight thereabouts, on release date, in that given time zone.

I'll never understand why it isn't a universal standard for a game to be unlocked come midnight thereabouts, on release date, in that given time zone.

The reluctance in wanting to come in to start a work shift at midnight?

anyone buy the deluxe? i feel like i always get ripped off buying season passes upfront but i'm not 100% on what i wanna do with this one

Back