Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Blade-Runner, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Derangel

Derangel [H]ard as it Gets

Yeah. It really doesn't look good enough to warrant that kind of performance. I might mess with it later to figure out exactly which settings I need to turn down or disable (Motion blur and AO will the first to go) to get the performance I want.

2. Domingo

Domingo Skip My Posts

Vsync is a 100% must for me, so those numbers jive with mine. When I get home I'm going to play around with turning MSAA off and lowering things down to "High."
    The game looked good (at least the Benchmark did). Kind of a mix between the 3DMark demo and METRO 2033. Not mid 30's FPS good, though. I'm still shooting for 1080p/60fps and will do whatever it takes to hit that.

3. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Seems just like Pascal cards are having a problem from the Steam forums. Someone was getting 15 FPS with a Pascal Titan =)
    Told him to disable his OC on his chip but he wouldn't buy it...

4. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

I just came home and am waiting for that last two gigs on the unlock to finish and it's taking an eternity. I'm guessing the Steam network must be super swamped right now.

5. LurkerLito

LurkerLito 2[H]4U

Just played it a bit and at 2560x1600 I am getting between 55-60 in game. The cutscenes are all 30 fps. I didn't know there was a benchmark for this game I'll have to look.

Ran the benchmark and it gave me:

Average 44.4 FPS
    Min: 36.5
    Max: 51.5

Settings: 2560x1600, Texture Quality Ultra, Ani 16x, Shadows High, Contact Hardening Shadows off, Temporal AA on, Motion blur on, DOF on, Bloon On, Vol Lighting On, Subsurface Scattering On, Cloth On, AO on, Tessellation Off, Parallax Occlusion High, Screen space Reflection On, Sharpen On, Chromatic Aberration On, LOD High.

I have some wiggle room if I want to turn a few things off to up the framerates, but so far it's fine while I played for a bit. Maybe later it'll slow down, but it's running pretty dam good in Win 7 :)

Frraksurred likes this.
  6. delita

delita [H]ard|Gawd

Meh that's unacceptable to me personally. I'm waiting on my Pascal Titan but I don't even think THAT will give me the acceptable framerate I'm looking for on a Gsync monitor. Bummer.

7. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

Here are my bench results:

Graphics: very high except 16xAF.
    2560x1440 144Hz non-exclusive fullscreen

Avg: 42.8
    Min: 33.6
    Max: 52.6

I'm fine with this. I grew up playing F1GP2@15fps.

8. RCGodward

RCGodward Gawd

Aside from the non midnight launch on pc I'm having no issues. Quit running benchmarks and play the game, I'm running a GTX 1080 at 4k at whatever settings they picked for me and it plays great.

Commander Shepard and J3RK like this.
  9. twonunpackmule

twonunpackmule [H]ard|Gawd

10. Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard 2[H]4U

Stats aside... is the game fun, challenging, worthy of Deus Ex?

11. Damar

Damar [H]ardness Supreme

Well, the game pegs both my SLI'd 970's at 97-99% and on the High quality preset I can barely maintain 30 FPS....

I had talked myself out of a pair of Pascal Titans, but now.... I'm thinking I may grab em after all.

Love what I've seen of the game so far though.

12. piratepress

piratepress [H]ard|Gawd

Same here...I'm thinking maybe I should have gone ahead and gotten a Pascal Titan instead of a 1070. :arghh:

13. Damar

Damar [H]ardness Supreme

I was thinking I'd hold off and see if a 1080ti showed up in a few months but....

I've avoided buying top end video cards for a while now. But some of my games are suffering for it, and now this.... it looks beautiful, but its a slideshow.

I'll be playing on Low for now and debating my options.

14. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

IMO so far: Yes! It feels like it picks up where HR left off, some nice refinements... not reinventing the wheel per se.

You can max the difficulty out and turn off all the handholding in the menus... most people will be able to dial this all in just the way they want. :)

15. BeavermanA

BeavermanA 2[H]4U

Well guess I definitely won't be buying it. Same cards and res.

Don't care how much $ I have in the bank, not buying a Titan or 2 just to play at 60fps.

16. pothb

pothb [H]ardness Supreme

Ugh, I can't play damn thing keeps having connection error when trying to prep it for play. I guess people are still downloaded that day one patch . Fuck my life.

17. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

What is with all this 1080p crap? Are we Console players or are we [H]? ;):p:LOL:

Seriously, I want some 4k numbers. If I see none I will post my own when I get home. Steam reviews are recommending disabling MSAA, Volumetric Lighting and Contact Hardened Shadows for the best performance increase for least amount of quality lost.

robble likes this.
  18. Pringle

Pringle 2[H]4U

Yeah I pre-loaded last night. Was done when I checked this morning, went to work, came home, smoked a bowl, hit Play and now it's been downloading some....whateverthefuck for the last 40 minutes. :meh:

19. piratepress

piratepress [H]ard|Gawd

Ugh, same thing here! :banghead:

20. StryderxX

StryderxX [H]ard|Gawd

I played a bit of the game just now. I'm gaming at 3440x1440 at high presets and it's perfectly smooth with 1 GTX 1080. The main issue for me is that the game feels old. The graphics, character animations and the controls all feel dated to me. I'm going to continue playing but so far I'm not blown away by the game.

21. Domingo

Domingo Skip My Posts

Turned off MSAA and it made a huge difference. I'm now averaging 58FPS which is (more or less) fine. Might tinker with a tiny OC on my 1080 to see if I can nudge that to 60fps.

EDIT: Pretty close - 59 with no drops below the mid 50's. I should be good to play the game sans any further tweaking. If I run into any hiccups, I'll probably drop things like shadows or texture filtering.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Frraksurred likes this.
  22. chockomonkey

chockomonkey [H]ardForum Junkie

Least you're high :)

Based on these numbers, i won't even be able to play on the lowest setting. I was going to wait until i got a new computer anyway, but damn! Hopefully DX12 helps with the performance.

Pringle likes this.
  23. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

I like that they offer both MSAA and TAA but this game should not be so demanding on Ultra...the engine nor the textures scream hardware killer to me...sounds like an optimization issue to me...hope this isn't another Arkham Knight where most of the manpower was put into consoles first

24. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

I finally got through.

Performance issues: Hopefully updated GPU drivers will help this out in the near future.

25. Jorona

Jorona 2[H]4U

[H] Sighting on Kollers arm!

[​IMG]

Youn, chockomonkey, chenw and 5 others like this.
  26. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

5 FPS? :p :(

Frraksurred likes this.
  27. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

Zowie!

A GTX 980Ti 1920X1200 (Yes, I'm in the market for a new screen) all the eye candy mostly maxed out and I'm 32 fps max according to the benchmark.

I knew things felt a little off but yikes.

28. Jorona

Jorona 2[H]4U

I'm not sure how you guys are demolishing your FPS like that. TAA is all you need. Turn off MSAA and crank almost everything else. I've been AVGing 50ish, with minimums at 35. Its not great, but certainly playable.

Q-BZ likes this.
  29. Derangel

Derangel [H]ard as it Gets

If you're running MSAA take that off, that will give you a pretty good performance gain. You can see my 980 ti benchmark results on the previous page of this thread. I haven't gotten around to messing with settings yet to find the optimal quality/performance settings.

Q-BZ likes this.
  30. Ryan5508

Ryan5508 Limp Gawd

playing on x34 with a 1080. only played around 15 mins before work.

I am averaging 75-80fps
    3440 x 1440
    default high settings I just turned shadows down to medium, Vsync off and 2x msaa

31. polonyc2

TAA is not ideal...it blurs the image (it's not as bad as FXAA)...MSAA is the best AA in terms of pure image quality (SSAA is technically better but a hardware killer)...if I was using TAA I would try and use and injector such as ReShade with it

32. pothb

pothb [H]ardness Supreme

If you guys are still having issues. Disable the dlcs and then try again. Once it's done, you can enable dlc. That worked for me, not sure about you guys.

33. PiERiT

PiERiT 2[H]4U

Is nobody else having mouse problems? The mouse controls are seriously horrendous for me, the worst in any game I've ever played, no exaggeration. X and Y have different sensitivities and there's acceleration that can't be turned off. I'm not usually picky about this crap but it's literally nauseating trying to play it like this and I've never experienced anything like it.

Edit: I guess there's a pretty big Reddit thread about it. It may only be certain mice and there's no real fix yet. Oh well, I didn't want to play this today anyways...

34. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

Follow up experiment per recommendations in this thread.

Kept everything maxed out and deliberately disabled *both* TAA and MSAA entirely.

Avg 47.9
    Min 38.8
    Max 59.4

Turned up MSAA up one setting from 0 to 2 and look at this difference:

Avg 36.8
    Min 29.9
    Max 45.9

Feels like some kind of acceleration or smoothing. Getting my fps up helped and making sure no double or triple buffer v sync settings are on helps, too.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  35. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

36. TaintedSquirrel

TaintedSquirrel [H]ardForum Junkie

Translation: I scoured the internet to find the most AMD-favorable test, and posted it everywhere.
    I will also predict the future and point out that out of all the benchmarks of this game, TPU's results will be the only ones to float /r/AMD's frontpage.

37. polonyc2

even disabling AA and people are still only getting frame rates in the high 40's (at 1080p)???...this game is optimized for shit...hopefully the DX12 version is the real PC version...DX12 is supposed to be all about better utilization of multi-cores and overall performance versus graphical eye candy so I'm hoping that is the answer...glad I made the decision to hold off for 2 weeks until the DX12 patch hits

38. Stiler

Stiler [H]ardForum Junkie

Running on my zotac amp extreme 1070 w/ my old ass 2600k (@ 4.4) I'm getting around a good constant 60 fps except when there's a ton of people on the screen + effects going on, then it can drop into the mid/lower 50's at times.

Running with these settings:
    [​IMG]

I can't decide on an AA, with TAA it adds some blur (but performance remains largely the same) and MSAA is a huge hit to fps but looks better then TAA, but it can drop my fps into the 40's at times.

39. TaintedSquirrel

TaintedSquirrel [H]ardForum Junkie

It's 2016 bro, use TAA.
    Grab a sharpening filter if it bothers you.

40. damstr

damstr [H]ard|Gawd

Damn these numbers are pretty low. I have a 980 Ti and I think I will struggle to maintain 1440P @ 60FPS. Thankfully I have a G-Sync monitor though. Might wait till the DX12 patch comes out to see if it helps out with performance any.