Destiny - Discussion Thread

I installed the demo, liked it and then bought Taken King. When I put in the disc, it asked me if I wanted to save my progress and use Taken King. I said yes.

Now when I start the game and try to go to a level that requires Taken King... it won't let me. Even though the Taken King disc is in the system. What gives?

I thought the disc was vanilla Destiny and there was a piece of paper with the disc that you put the code in to use the DLC.

I installed the demo, liked it and then bought Taken King. When I put in the disc, it asked me if I wanted to save my progress and use Taken King. I said yes.

Now when I start the game and try to go to a level that requires Taken King... it won't let me. Even though the Taken King disc is in the system. What gives?

are you on PS4?

try restoring licenses.

It is the PS4 version, and I am an idiot. I didn't look at the pamphlets inside. There was a code. Entered it and still didn't work. Shut down the game, restarted it and it did work. Thanks!

I just got an Xbox One a couple weeks ago. Destiny has been doing a good job of satisfying my Diablo loot addiction when I'm not playing Diablo.

Going for the flawless raider trophy right now if anyone is interested. Message me on PSN: eXMomoj

i'm on the fence about keeping the 35$ legendary edition that i got on black friday. I am not a big fan on playing shooters with controllers and it seems like a lot of farming and not as fun as a solo player. Is this game with all the dlc still good for a solo player?

Do not play if you're playing solo. Destiny IMO is best enjoyed with friends.

I somewhat disagree. I played through all of year one content without a consistent "friend" group, just used DestinyLFG and still had a blast. For Taken King I found some people in the Destiny community to raid with now. It is more fun playing with friends, but I still think it was a blast playing "solo".

you dont even have to raid iron banner grants gear at the same level and thats a solo PVP activity.

I played solo and with friends. I am 40, doing raids with people who are not my friends.

Destiny can be played any way someone wants to play for the most part.

i'm on the fence about keeping the 35$ legendary edition that i got on black friday. I am not a big fan on playing shooters with controllers and it seems like a lot of farming and not as fun as a solo player. Is this game with all the dlc still good for a solo player?

I too, am mostly a keyboard and mouse guy and had not played FPS games on consoles in years. I will tell you this, with the PS4 controller, toe, its intuitive and the auto aim assist works really well 99% of the time.

As for grinding and farming. Yeah there is a bit of that, but it is not that bad. I am 40 Hunter with a 30 Titan on his way to 40 and I have been playing 3 weeks now, its pretty much not that hard to level, especially if you grab the PvE bounties.

I enjoy PVP even though I am not the greatest. It isn't as fast as COD, but it feels just right. There is a shit ton of content. Just leveling to 40 will take you more hours than most games offer these days, maybe 20-40 hours, I don't have a hard count for you, it depends on you and how fast you go through quests and bounties.

Even at 40, you still have to gear up if you want to do Kings Fall, the end game.

Took me a weekend to get above 280, I am 293 now on my Hunter.

I think it is a game worth trying for certain.

I'll probably be getting this around Christmas time, any specific version to lookout for? I'm assuming the Taken King or w/e it's called version is the one to buy.

I'll probably be getting this around Christmas time, any specific version to lookout for? I'm assuming the Taken King or w/e it's called version is the one to buy.

Specifically the legendary edition. Includes everything up to now. Sigh i cant decide what to do i guess ill wait and see. Have a backlog of games anyway

Taken King Legendary Edition is what you want. It includes ALL the content released up til now. I have been playing this nonstop the past month. Zero regrets.

Doing Crucible as a Warlock is so flippin fun.

Sith lightning everywhere. It is easy to top the leaderboard if you time it correctly.

Made the 20 hours I spent playing yesterday worth it.

Leveled a Warlock from 13 to 40 in a day.

Last edited:
hey guys, i'm currently a DoD member, 2 small boys so i typically get on around 10pm CST. I'm a 1.24 k/d - good, but not great pvper. current clan is a lot of fun but mostly pve oriented. i struggle to find a fireteam to run more than 1 trials card/week. ideally, i'd like to join a clan or find 2 consistent teammates who can practice in 3v3 a couple nights/week, then run at least two cards of ToO on the weekends. i want to improve and it's just not going to happen with current clan schedule/interest level.

shoot me a pm if interested in destiny pvp

GT: MightyTyteman

i play on xbox one... shoot me a msg if you want to play and do something... ive been super bored recently :/

Last edited:
i quit about 3 weeks after release.

but I bought the game again the "legendary" edition.

I see a lot has changed. my guy is a level 27 titan. I haven't played any dlc/expansion.

kinda lost at where to start.

do I need to pick a factions allegiance? they used to be wearable items if i remember right.

I guess i'll try to start from the first DLC and work my way up.

any tips would be cool

New to the game, got it for Christmas really, screw the power level to 25 though. Never a fan of that. PSN: Killgreed91 ...starting with a warlock

i quit about 3 weeks after release.

but I bought the game again the "legendary" edition.

I see a lot has changed. my guy is a level 27 titan. I haven't played any dlc/expansion.

kinda lost at where to start.

do I need to pick a factions allegiance? they used to be wearable items if i remember right.

I guess i'll try to start from the first DLC and work my way up.

any tips would be cool

Faction items are now locked to the faction to equip them. You can swap factions once a week, rep or items will not reset, you keep your stuff but can't equip it if it belongs to a different faction.

If any of you got Destiny for Christmas and are on Xbox One, let me know. There is a refer a friend quest line that offers some nice rewards for new players to team up with existing ones. My gamer tag is Kilaen.

i'm a little lost. I thought that I would start by playing the DLCs that i missed, but the first one for the first expansion The Dark below Fist of croata mission says its level 10, im 27.

I thought it would start at around my level because I stopped playing the base game? I wanted to experience the story and DLCS in order...

Yeah, they've included them in the original quest pattern now, not particularly with any story continuity in mind, but useful for leveling at the time.

Yeah, they've included them in the original quest pattern now, not particularly with any story continuity in mind, but useful for leveling at the time.

so what do you recommend for me? I don't really want to start a new character to experience that.

Should I just skip to the content thats my level? It seems like i'll miss a lot though :mad:

New to the game, got it for Christmas really, screw the power level to 25 though. Never a fan of that. PSN: Killgreed91 ...starting with a warlock

Yeah, my friend bought it for me for Christmas. Leveling feels pretty fast in this game and the boost to 25 seems almost unnecessary. Probably end up playing quite a bit so I'll add you later when I get to my PS4.

If anyone else wants to add me my PSN is: NightshadeConvel

Looking to get into PvP and endgame raiding eventually.

Yeah, my friend bought it for me for Christmas. Leveling feels pretty fast in this game and the boost to 25 seems almost unnecessary. Probably end up playing quite a bit so I'll add you later when I get to my PS4.

If anyone else wants to add me my PSN is: NightshadeConvel

Looking to get into PvP and endgame raiding eventually.

I just got the game for Christmas as well, although I am almost lvl 40 already. I will add both of you when I get a chance later.

I picked this up again on the PS4. Haven't played since Vanilla version.

I'm quite impressed by the amount of added content with all these DLCs.
I paid $25 for the Taken King Complete edition. Not bad at all.

My biggest concern(currently at light level 285) is from what I'm hearing, end game gear is ONLY available from the Raid. XUR is basically pointless now.

Last edited:
I picked this up again on the PS4. Haven't played since Vanilla version.

I'm quite impressed by the amount of added content with all these DLCs.
I paid $25 for the Taken King Complete edition. Not bad at all.

My biggest concern(currently at light level 285) is from what I'm hearing, end game gear is ONLY available from the Raid. XUR is basically pointless now.

Running heroic Vanguard strikes will get you from 285 to close to 300, which is good enough to start running the Kings fall raid on normal these days. Once you get above 310, exotic engrams usually decrypt at 310 as well, so Xur does become kind of pointless unless you have lots of spare items to infuse into them.

Running heroic Vanguard strikes will get you from 285 to close to 300, which is good enough to start running the Kings fall raid on normal these days. Once you get above 310, exotic engrams usually decrypt at 310 as well, so Xur does become kind of pointless unless you have lots of spare items to infuse into them.

I ran kings fall one time. My Hunter is 312 titan 311 warlock 310 all from sparrow racing league, iron banner and trials of osiris. unless you plan on running hard mode kings fall all the time you will never need to be higher than what i'm at.

All i ever buy from Xur is three of coins. i know for sure that once you 312 like my hunter all exotics decrypt at 310.

Is there still no match making for the raid(s)?

no and it would still be a very bad idea. you really need people that talk and not randoms that might AFK otherwise you will waste hours.

i used to think maybe it should but with this kings fall raid NO WAY.

Ha speaking of the devil.

My buddy and his grouped carried me in there today.
I went from 285 to 297 just from the 2 or 3 bosses. Not bad at all.
Still have to beat Oryx(normal) since a few had to leave . Hopefully tonight we can knock out Oryx and then hit up hard mode.

Pretty cool raid

Last edited:
Back