Destiny - Discussion Thread

Ok, stupid question:
How do you return bounties now? BEfore the first DLC, you went back to the guy that gave them to you. But now, he's not taking them, apparently?

You just go to your quests page and click on them. I gained four five levels at one point leveling because I didn't realize this and I had eleven completed.

Been in and out of King's Fall at the Oryx CP with a number of different groups, this is a crazy fight that requires *no* mistakes and great communication.

Very challenging, having a lot of fun with it.

You just go to your quests page and click on them. I gained four five levels at one point leveling because I didn't realize this and I had eleven completed.

THanks. Lol, I saw them sitting there but never thought to click on therm.:eek:

Got only 1 engram for 10 chances. Sounds like a bad deal since I got Hawkmoon out of it.

10 Three of Coins = 14 Strange Coins
1 Hawkmoon = 23 Strange Coins

You basically got a Hawkmoon for ~40% less strange coins, how is that a bad deal?

Save your exotic engrams for when you're 300ll, it can drop 310's to boost yours up. Also don't be quick to dismantle duplicates, some have much better rolls and can be used to infuse legendaries.

How do you infuse anything? The only thing I've seen mention infusing(?) is my Ghost She'll which can consume more powerful Shells or something like that.

I'm probably going to farm in the scourge of winter for a few more engrams to use to infuse at a later date.

My max light on my two titans is 295 right now, still stuck on Oryx. He's been elusive.

How do you infuse anything? The only thing I've seen mention infusing(?) is my Ghost She'll which can consume more powerful Shells or something like that.

You can infuse by pressing Y or Triangle on a legendary or exotic year 2 item and look for the yellow circle symbol near the unlocks. For 3 legendary marks and a few other materials you can "sacrifice" a higher level item to bring your desired item up in level.

You should also not turn in your engrams all at once, check each one as you turn them in because if it's an upgrade in Light Level then you should put it on immediately to boost your next engram.

You can also pass other high level rare/legendary/exotic items that you don't need to your alt characters so you can infuse their items (class specific armor doesn't matter it will still work).

Save your exotic engrams for when you're 300ll, it can drop 310's to boost yours up. Also don't be quick to dismantle duplicates, some have much better rolls and can be used to infuse legendaries.

I wish I would have done that. At least I have a good base of exotics now although I ended up with a lot of duplicates which I kept for infusing/stat variety.

You should also not turn in your engrams all at once, check each one as you turn them in because if it's an upgrade in Light Level then you should put it on immediately to boost your next engram.

You can also pass other high level rare/legendary/exotic items that you don't need to your alt characters so you can infuse their items (class specific armor doesn't matter it will still work).

Great information, thanks! I've been mass decrypting Engrams, then checking to see if they are better, oops.

Is there a way to get the Light level to show on items? Or do you just need to equip it to see if Light goes up?

Last edited:
Is anyone using an XIM4 or alternative to play? Thinking of picking one up (or similar) as using a controller is just so derpy -- even with the insane amounts of aim-assist the engine has built in.

Is anyone using an XIM4 or alternative to play? Thinking of picking one up (or similar) as using a controller is just so derpy -- even with the insane amounts of aim-assist the engine has built in.

XIM4 is the greatest device ever made for PC gamers to game on console. Remember you're still limited in turn speed to the maximum possible by a console controller but it's still better than a stick.

Never heard of it so I checked it out. Neat idea, but...
$125!?

I'm using one...works great. I couldn't play anything on the xbone if I was stuck using the controller.

You think $125 is bad? I'm in Canada, and the only retailer that I could find XIM4 on (Amazon) is selling it for $269.99. :-/

Definitely will pick up one at some point, likely when I'm in the States visiting.

Also, after reading positive previews about the Taken King, I purchased it. Pleasantly surprised! This definitely should've been the game that Bungie originally released; the systems, story, content all feel greatly improved now.

I have a xim4 and it worth it, works great on destiny and other games (halo and gta V are ones I play as well). One bonus is the multi console ability, I play destiny on my PS3 and halo/gtaV on my Xbox one and it's very easy to switch, all you have to do it plug in the consoles controller and plug into console and it works for that system.

You think $125 is bad? I'm in Canada, and the only retailer that I could find XIM4 on (Amazon) is selling it for $269.99. :-/

Definitely will pick up one at some point, likely when I'm in the States visiting.

Also, after reading positive previews about the Taken King, I purchased it. Pleasantly surprised! This definitely should've been the game that Bungie originally released; the systems, story, content all feel greatly improved now.

You can order it striaght from the manufacturer, I live in Canada as well and it cost me about $200 after exchange rate and shipping

You can order it striaght from the manufacturer, I live in Canada as well and it cost me about $200 after exchange rate and shipping

Thanks for the tip, just did a quick shipping check and I'll be sitting around that $200 mark too. I'll pick one up tonight after work.

It's a very advanced piece of technology. Worth every penny to a PC gamer.

Fair. I only play two games on my Xbox (Destiny and Forza Horizons 2) plus a few XBL Arcade games (Ori), so though I loathe the controller on FPS games, the cost doesn't make sense. But if you're playing a lot of shooters on the console, but are mainly a PC gamer, I can see it mattering.

Do they care what KB/mouse you use?

Fair. I only play two games on my Xbox (Destiny and Forza Horizons 2) plus a few XBL Arcade games (Ori), so though I loathe the controller on FPS games, the cost doesn't make sense. But if you're playing a lot of shooters on the console, but are mainly a PC gamer, I can see it mattering.

Do they care what KB/mouse you use?

Nope that's the best part. You can hook up pretty much anything to it and it will work. Some people have the PS3 move nav stick as their movement controller and the mouse for aiming or a joystick for flight. You can even use wireless gaming mice that use RF over USB. I myself use a Razer Nostromo and Logitech G9x.

The device itself uses bluetooth to connect to your PC or phone to configure everything possible. You can setup keybinds, hotkeys to different profiles and even different scales for aim sensitivity including ADS specific sensitivity and so much more with different graphing and deadzone management. You can even choose what color the device lights up to when a certain profile is selected. The XIM team constantly works on making sure each newly released game has smart translators for aiming to feel as smooth and accurate as possible to mouse movements. They have an entire database of configurations for nearly every console game available.

Nope that's the best part. You can hook up pretty much anything to it and it will work. Some people have the PS3 move nav stick as their movement controller and the mouse for aiming or a joystick for flight.

If I could play PS4 Destiny using a Nav for movement, and a mouse for aiming (while still using a gamepad for specific commands and the headset port), that would be awesome.

Definitely need to lurk the XIM forums (work filter prevents me).

I commented on this yesterday, however I finally had a chance to do it last night. This works about a million times better than cashing in everything at once :eek: I gained like 25 or 30 light levels just with Engrams I collecting while trying to do one of the Petra's War quests.

Im at a point again in the game where i just find the content to be COMPLETELY lacking.

Hit level 40, light level is around 220ish? I think, so really the only thing to do is run strikes to boost light to do nightfall strikes...oh joy. All for the low price of $120

Im at a point again in the game where i just find the content to be COMPLETELY lacking.

Hit level 40, light level is around 220ish? I think, so really the only thing to do is run strikes to boost light to do nightfall strikes...oh joy. All for the low price of $120

I'm around 292-293 light just mostly running around solo. Haven't done the raid yet.

Have you finished all the quests that give legendary marks and the few that give 300 rewards? Have you checked out the court of oryx on patrol and used a few runes to spawn bosses? I've played every night since launch and have one character at 280+ and two other 40's at 230+ and I still have half the quests to complete. Some of them have 12 steps or more.

Running strikes is the fastest way, but it's not the only way to increase light level. Engrams drop as long as you are killing things and blue items go up to 300 light level.

i knew full well buying this expansion to not get my hopes up... I only bought it to play the raid... now that i have completed it.... im going to put the game down until the next expansion/dlc unless there is no raid in that..

There are a TON of quests that you're not high enough to do yet.

Take the plunge.

As an aside, my RL friends convinced me to play since they picked it up again. I started playing a bit on thursday or friday. And got more into it on Sunday. Currently 292 light, fairly easy compared to what it was before. I don't mind it.

I trying to work my way up to a higher light level. I'm at 215 right now.

I think someone already posted a link with suggestions for getting to 290 light fairly easy and quick. It worked for me. If you haven't seen posts about this I'll hunt them up for you. I know I wasted a lot of engrams before I got smart about not doing them all at once, and having the highest light gear equipped.

Ok so which keyboard/pad do you use for WASD type control? Do you hook a full keyboard or did you get something like a G13? I already have a G502 lying around so mouse won't be a problem. I also need to find a better table to setup the XIM4. I am getting really excited about this shit.

Owning nubs in Destiny with a m+k tickles my fancy so badly. :D

Ok so which keyboard/pad do you use for WASD type control? Do you hook a full keyboard or did you get something like a G13? I already have a G502 lying around so mouse won't be a problem. I also need to find a better table to setup the XIM4. I am getting really excited about this shit.

Owning nubs in Destiny with a m+k tickles my fancy so badly. :D

The aim assist in the game is so strong I'd be surprised if you could do much better than the noobs :p

Better aiming + aim assist = insta kill versus someone stroking their stick trying to align sights... :D

Back