Destiny - Discussion Thread

So explain this to me.

I played the base story, then quit because the loot/grind was shit. Looks like they have made a wealth of improvements.

Now TTK comes out making all the old content irrelevant? So because I haven't got to it yet or (in some cases) don't have a "team" of 6 for the VOG I am just SOL?

Never before has a game said too bad you didn't play the content quick enough so we are moving on.

It isn't coming to PC. Discussed in many places especially the bungie forums and gaf.

Anyway

Anyone wanting to play on
PS3 I'm MrBenchmark

360 and Xbox One I Drift 2

PS4 once i find a dirt cheap disk bought PS3 legendary version for $20 on clearance

main on Xbox both systems

34 Hunter
32 Titan and warlock

Nightfalls weeklies always need an extra person or two.

Havent followed the game since the second expansion came out. Don't read bungie forums or gaf either, so this is news to me. Thanks.

So explain this to me.

I played the base story, then quit because the loot/grind was shit. Looks like they have made a wealth of improvements.

Now TTK comes out making all the old content irrelevant? So because I haven't got to it yet or (in some cases) don't have a "team" of 6 for the VOG I am just SOL?

Never before has a game said too bad you didn't play the content quick enough so we are moving on.

TTK will feature a level boost to the base level for the new content, so you weren't left behind and can begin playing the new story content immediately.

Luke Smith happened.

This!

I haven't played all summer and I'm glad I dropped it after that asshat puked all over the gaming community.

The gameplay was fun... the game fell apart in the last expansion and there are other things to do for fun.

So explain this to me.

TTK will feature a level boost to the base level for the new content, so you weren't left behind and can begin playing the new story content immediately.

Wow, so If I stopped playing last year any thoughts I had on playing now is pointless? As far as following the story.

Wow, so If I stopped playing last year any thoughts I had on playing now is pointless? As far as following the story.

There isn't really a story worth following, that was one of the main complaints aside from the grind. The story missions are pretty terrible. The old missions are still in the game, but I think they are reworking how they are presented. I'm sure there will still be people running the old raids too if you missed out on them.

There isn't really a story worth following, that was one of the main complaints aside from the grind. The story missions are pretty terrible. The old missions are still in the game, but I think they are reworking how they are presented. I'm sure there will still be people running the old raids too if you missed out on them.

I didn't have fucking people to run the raids to begin with (no match making) which was a big reason I no 0 motivation to grind.

Somehow now I am going to find people to run them after the new shit drops??????

Game plays like one of the best, but it is implemented like utter shit. I am usually not pissed about spending money on a game, but I wasted $90 on the digital guardian crap.

I didn't have fucking people to run the raids to begin with (no match making) which was a big reason I no 0 motivation to grind.

Somehow now I am going to find people to run them after the new shit drops??????

Game plays like one of the best, but it is implemented like utter shit. I am usually not pissed about spending money on a game, but I wasted $90 on the digital guardian crap.

Like I posted a few posts above:

Use http://the100.io or http://destinylfg.net to find raid partners. Say you are new and I'm sure they will take it easy on you.

I prefer the100 as it groups you by play time and play style. Just make sure you join a group that is active and you will have dozens of games to join.

Not true at all in fact the story has been reworked for symmetry. Watch the twitch reveals and read the bungie updates.

You will want to play thru everything i fact the older stuff might actually be more fun now its all been reworked check it out read up seriously.

Here is just a little info
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/19/27-major-destiny-changes-in-the-taken-king
https://www.bungie.net/en/news#cat=all

Last edited:
Did the level 8 Strike last night...

Holy F*** was that harder and more frustrating than I was expecting. One of the original three people dropped after about a 45 minutes in a few wipes. Probably took 90 minutes total with over a dozen deaths and five or six wipes. Starting over from a checkpoint after a wipe seems way more punishing than it needs to be for a Strike while people are still levelling. Maybe the whole thing would have gone smoothly however I was running around with a shit primary weapon and terrible armor since I keep getting new gear in the same slot :eek:

Very cool, the PS4 is where I have my 3x34's; only have one character on Xbox One now, but will make 2 more come The Taken King so I can experience the new story mode and have all the character classes again. Right now of my 4 characters, 3 are Titans lol.

Make sure you guys do the weekly on 32 on all your characters before Tuesday its the last time they will be there and its easy 9 strange coins per character. Also the nightfall its super easy this week if you have a gally rockets mc dickface burns down quick.

This next week when 2.0 hits there will be no nightfall for this next week and weekly heroic is gone forever in its current form.

Nightfall will resume with taken kings official release on the 15th.

If anyone needs help on Xbox One you can hit me up in messages gt:::=::: Gzeus87 I already have my triumph stuff done but I don't mind helping fellow [H]ardians.

Path day today, it will be fun to use auto rifles again in PVE. I still need to kill Hard Skolas this week then I will have all the Triumph stuff completed.

Like I posted a few posts above:

Use http://the100.io or http://destinylfg.net to find raid partners. Say you are new and I'm sure they will take it easy on you.

I prefer the100 as it groups you by play time and play style. Just make sure you join a group that is active and you will have dozens of games to join.

I had the same issue, only one friend who played Destiny, usually on nights I couldn't play. That friend had me try destinylfg.net, and I've used it ever since. I've never had a bad raid party, just let everyone know you've never done a raid before and they'll outright carry you, if need be. Same for Prison of Elders, though that's more straight up PvE stuff, nothing too tricky like Vault of Glass or Crota's End.

Give it a try, the Vault is lots of fun. Crota can be a pain in the ass but still fun.

My PS4 downloaded and installed a minor patch to DRIVECLUB while it was in Rest Mode today, yet it completely missed the 18GB Destiny patch. And of course I waited until I wanted to play before checking by turning on the PS4 to play. What the hell is the point of Rest Mode when it doesn't work the one time there is a completely massive patch that is going to take a few hours?!? Bleh.

Last edited:
Trying to decide what I'm going to do with Taken King. I bought Destiny at launch and finished the story and leveled a Warlock to 20 within a week or so of launch. I hated the Light system so I never touched it after that. Trying to decide if I want to continue with that character or start over when Taken King is released. I really want to experience the big raids. It was a huge oversight not to have a lower level raid so that people can experience the mechanics and look forward to the end game stuff.

My PS4 downloaded and installed a minor patch to DRIVECLUB while it was in Rest Mode today, yet it completely missed the 18GB Destiny patch. And of course I waited until I wanted to play before checking turning on the PS4 to check. What the hell is the point of Rest Mode when it doesn't work the one time there is a completely massive patch that is going to take a few hours?!? Bleh.

yeah the rest mode is completely useless. Mine didnt start downloading the update either, nice software sony

Same here, rest mode completely missed the destiny update on two PS4's...

Either way 2.0 is AMAZING!

I decided to play through both DLC releases before Taken King comes out. Having a blast so far! Went from 20 to 24 with my Warlock playing the Crota DLC. Starting the House of Wolves DLC now. I still feel a little lost with all the different currencies, reputations, marks and materials.

They'll all be getting simplified with TTK on Tuesday.

So what is the verdict on Taken King? Worth going back to Destiny for it. I skipped House of Wolves.

I'm going back to it. I skipped HoW for the most part so I'm not burnt out anymore. They're on the right track with the changes they've made, but I think they still have some work to do.

So what is the verdict on Taken King? Worth going back to Destiny for it. I skipped House of Wolves.

It doesn't release until tomorrow, and the raid isn't released until Friday so the verdict will have to wait until the weekend.

Finished Dark Below and House of Wolves. Did the weekly strike and got up to level 34. Guess I'm ready for Taken King. My light level is only 125. I'm hoping that'll be enough for most of the new content until I get better stuff.

Just hit level 20 tonight. Been having fun now that I have some competent weapons that aren't 7 levels old, cleared out a lot of story content. I am playing a hunter now, probably going to use the free Level 25 character boost on a Titan.

Gotta say I've probably already gotten my $60 of fun out of the game, I really like how it plays.

After watching the GT review, I am itching. And I just bought 3 console games last night. Damn!

Destiny it looks great but the overall feel just too fast for the casual user I have a hard time just trying to say hey this 30 frames per second isn't bad....

If I could group with Randoms instead of having like 30 friends who don't play I might give it another chance.

Finished the story missions last night. Bungie is clearly moving in the right direction story wise, a few of the characters now actually have personality which is nice. The base level means nothing now, finishing the story will get you close to level 40 but I only found a few blue items that were better than the legendary/exotics from year one. I have no clue what light level is required for the new raid but it feels like I won't be ready by Friday.

Also after the main story a bunch of side quests opened up so I feel like there is a decent amount of quest based content this time.

I'm having a hell of a time even getting the damn thing installed. I bought the Legendary Edition last night and popped it in around 8pm. By midnight it was only 11% done with the update. I left my Xbox on overnight thinking it would finish, not realizing it would turn off after an hour of inactivity (apparently downloading a game update is considered inactivity).

I started it again this morning, so hopefully I can play it when I get home from work... not fun waiting 24 hours to be able to play something. The 17GB update should have only taken about an hour with my internet, so their servers must be getting hammered.

I'm having a hell of a time even getting the damn thing installed. I bought the Legendary Edition last night and popped it in around 8pm. By midnight it was only 11% done with the update. I left my Xbox on overnight thinking it would finish, not realizing it would turn off after an hour of inactivity (apparently downloading a game update is considered inactivity).

I started it again this morning, so hopefully I can play it when I get home from work... not fun waiting 24 hours to be able to play something. The 17GB update should have only taken about an hour with my internet, so their servers must be getting hammered.

XBox Live servers hold up pretty well under load in my experience. You should double check your network settings / run a connection test in case something got out of whack. The update shouldn't be that slow.

XBox Live servers hold up pretty well under load in my experience. You should double check your network settings / run a connection test in case something got out of whack. The update shouldn't be that slow.

Did all that and everything checked out. I guess it was a common problem for the 2.0 update a week ago, and there were several threads on Reddit and on Bungie's site; I'm just surprised it's still happening. A co-worker of mine had the same problem, though his finished overnight.

Did all that and everything checked out. I guess it was a common problem for the 2.0 update a week ago, and there were several threads on Reddit and on Bungie's site; I'm just surprised it's still happening. A co-worker of mine had the same problem, though his finished overnight.

The 2.0 update was Taken King installing. If you installed that update then you already had all the Taken King content.

I am gonna have to blow the dust off my Destiny game, really like it, just got burnt. Probably have +300 hours in it already. I have both expansions and haven't played them yet.

Back