Destiny - Discussion Thread

I did a terrible 4 hour run on normal mode with my 31 warlock and a couple 30's and a 29 in the group. I lucked out and got the helm and black hammer though so it was worth it. That was the last normal mode weapon I really wanted.

I finally tried Crota on hard mode for the first time last night and it was surprisingly easy with a good team and the middle strategy. It only took three tries with a PUG. I only got the ship and the Titan helmet though, I was hoping for Word of Crota.

I finally tried Crota on hard mode for the first time last night and it was surprisingly easy with a good team and the middle strategy. It only took three tries with a PUG. I only got the ship and the Titan helmet though, I was hoping for Word of Crota.

It really is easy. People just need to know when to shoot and dmg crota appropriately. I usually do HM crota every week with 3 people only (myself, brother, and my friend) on all 3 of my 32's.

Edit: On another note, got my platinum trophy for the game last night. Haven't tried for flawless raider trophy until last night and got it pretty quickly doing normal crota and got the plat trophy at the same time. Now I just need to get a Hawkmoon and I have everything I ever wanted in the game.

Last edited:
It really is easy. People just need to know when to shoot and dmg crota appropriately. I usually do HM crota every week with 3 people only (myself, brother, and my friend) on all 3 of my 32's.

Edit: On another note, got my platinum trophy for the game last night. Haven't tried for flawless raider trophy until last night and got it pretty quickly doing normal crota and got the plat trophy at the same time. Now I just need to get a Hawkmoon and I have everything I ever wanted in the game.

Nice, congrats! I haven't tried for flawless raider yet, I imagine I will make it my goal once my hunter is 32. I want Hawkmoon and a Gjallarhon and then I am pretty much done with weapons. I haven't run VoG HM much so I might start doing that to see if I can get a Vex Mythoclast and Fatebringer but they aren't really a goal.

I might login just to see what type of shit Bungie tried to swoon me with over the past few months in the postoffice.

Nice, congrats! I haven't tried for flawless raider yet, I imagine I will make it my goal once my hunter is 32. I want Hawkmoon and a Gjallarhon and then I am pretty much done with weapons. I haven't run VoG HM much so I might start doing that to see if I can get a Vex Mythoclast and Fatebringer but they aren't really a goal.

Thanks!

VoG HM is fun when it isn't bugged out. VoG in general is a way better raide than crota's end.. its just so lackluster.

My group might be calling it quits until House of Wolves soon... there just isn't much left for us to do.. and we have a huge backlog of other games to play.. haha.

Wow, just 3 people? I'm assuming your brother and friend also have 3 32's and have Gjallahorns as well?

My group of five invited a random level 32 from the tower on Monday night. The guy said he would just help us out for a little bit and ended up staying a bit over 3 hours helping us learn the fight and beating it on normal. He was the only one with a Gjallahorn and we could feel the difference every time he did not have a rocket in the chamber.

Two of us got that Crota rocket launcher afterwards so the next try should be doable with my group without that level 32. I've got two raid armor pieces on my main, but I'm afraid to actually put any shards in them because it takes so long to collect shards and energies. I think I've got about 20 shards and 20 energies. This would be enough for me to level up my Crota launcher all the way and just one armor piece.

Yeah mostly 32s. One of my friends titan is only 31. We were blessed with Gjallarhorn but hunger of crota is more than enough as well.

Maybe I'll upload a video of the fight

I have full raid sets for all 3 of the my characters, two titans and a hunter, and now I don't need to run HM ever again! yay! Skipping the Crux, Necrochasm is bad.

On another note, I rolled a second Mythoclast last night.

Yeah mostly 32s. One of my friends titan is only 31. We were blessed with Gjallarhorn but hunger of crota is more than enough as well.

Maybe I'll upload a video of the fight

More than enough for a 3 man Crota hard fight or more than enough for a bigger Crota hard fight group?

Would love to see a video of your fight!

I hope to get a at least one level 32 before the House of Wolves. Do you know if level cap will be increased?

More than enough for a crota fight, haven't tried the 3 man without gjallarhorn but if anything 4 man would be possible with hunger of crota. You would need everyone but sword holder to shoot two rockets while the sword holder run towards crota. (The video will be of me using the sword, we did the heavy ammo glitch in the beginning just because it was fast to do and just easier than opening to use a synth :p)

Level will more than likely be increased, my guess is probably another 2 levels like The Dark Below.

Our group has it down to a science for the amount of hits. Crota dies as he enrages.

Also 0ptional, we are also done with hm crota once my brother gets the crux. We all have the raid stuff but my brother is missing a crux to complete the collection. Once that is done we are probably playing a lot less until HoW.

Already swimming in materials. I have over 110 radiant shards and 100+ energy with all raid weapons maxed at least once, and some doubles as well.

Last edited:
That's great to hear. I've heard people refer to the Hunger of Crota as the poor man's Gjallahorn and others that say it's the second best rocket launcher to use on Crota, but far less damaging so I was just curious how it stacked up in your opinion.

Here is the video as promised: http://youtu.be/e5bEXYoe5QY

There's no words on it!

giphy.gif

j/k nice

Thanks for posting.

And... I've heard of the heavy ammo glitch but didn't realize just how amazing it was until I saw all those purples you spawned!

And 2 rockets to take out the level 33 ogres!

Thanks for posting.

And... I've heard of the heavy ammo glitch but didn't realize just how amazing it was until I saw all those purples you spawned!

And 2 rockets to take out the level 33 ogres!

It was actually 4 (then we switch to primary/secondary to make sure it dies), the way we do this strategy we have it all down to how much rockets we need to use for each section and how many hits on crota per rotation :p. Sword holder can essentially use all their rockets if they want since they don't contribute to taking crota shields down.

We don't try for headshots on the swordbearer because that would kill him too fast before crota moves so we keep his health low long enough until crota runs past then we kill him quickly.

Hi guys, I play on Xbox One. I made a Destiny group called "Destiny Serious Business," which I invite you to take a look at here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/813701

I'd like to grow the group so that, well, serious Destiny players can find each other.

Also I'm curious what Bungie has in store for the next patch with respect to Strikes...

It was actually 4 (then we switch to primary/secondary to make sure it dies), the way we do this strategy we have it all down to how much rockets we need to use for each section and how many hits on crota per rotation :p. Sword holder can essentially use all their rockets if they want since they don't contribute to taking crota shields down.

We don't try for headshots on the swordbearer because that would kill him too fast before crota moves so we keep his health low long enough until crota runs past then we kill him quickly.

Nice strat and looks much easier than having 6 players and some dying causing oversoul! lol

Interesting how this games Raid's/Nightfalls have spawned so many strategies, one of the things that keeps me interested in the game to this point.

Nice strat and looks much easier than having 6 players and some dying causing oversoul! lol

Interesting how this games Raid's/Nightfalls have spawned so many strategies, one of the things that keeps me interested in the game to this point.

Thanks, when we carry our other friends (31's) thru HM Crota we just have them wipe in throne room or stay inside so they don't die. If they are also titans they can generate orbs in that room for us, otherwise they just hide at the top of the doors.

Officially burnt out on the game now. Got everything out of the raids and have everything I want except a Gjallahorn still. All I do is the weekly nightfall in hopes of getting one. Guess it's time to take a break until house of wolves.

Yeah we are all the same way. We've been playing other things. Haven't even done nightfall or weeklies this week.

Spent about 7 hours this weekend trying to down HM Crota in PUGs with my Warlock. Finally did it and only got a duplicate helm. No Word or Fang, doh.

I think I'll pop on for NF/Weekly/Xûr/Crota once a week and Gorgon's chest once a week. Probably get it all done Monday night/Tuesday.

I actually have a few parts I should be leveling, like my second Titan raid helmet, but even without all 3 of my characters are 32..

So I got an exotic bounty today. I didn't know what it was, I picked Shattered Memory Fragment. It requires doing Nightfall... a lot, so I don't know when I'll finish it, I don't do Nightfall. I figure I could pug my way through it. It wasn't until I looked it up that I saw the exotic bounties are random. I thought maybe I hit a rank with Vangaurd or something.

They are random but seem to come up more frequent if you turn in a lot of bounties in the same day or a few days in a row.

I had the Thorn bounty for a long time (still do on my hunter) but my Titan suddenly had two come up in one week, since then I've received at least 5 more between the Titan and hunter, some doing again since it may be a free exotic shard or backup of the same gun if needed.

I've been through all of the Vanguard Exotic Bounty weapons and they're all pretty crap compared to the Raid rewards, but I'd say Thorn is at least worth getting over all of the others.

Whenever I get a bounty choice, unless it's an easy one (free exotic shard), I just skip them.

Thorn is good/great and is one of my favorite weapons in crucible. It was also my go to weapon for PVE until getting Ice Breaker which normally uses up my exotic slot. I'm using Timur's Lash for hand cannon duty these days.

Bad Juju is good for farming, and can be good when paired with Obsidian Mind for nearly unlimited nova bombs. With the upcoming pulse rifle buff it will be even better, but I wouldn't use it for any serious content.

Super Good Advice supposedly is great for oracles in the Vault since shooting an oracle counts as a 'miss' and trigger the ammo recovery perk. You apparently can run through oracles and only actually use a few bullets of heavy ammo. I have yet to try this myself though.

Anyone playing Iron Banner for the shotgun?

I'm on Xbox One. My gamertag is "yetieater az" - give me a shout if you're down for some cooperative control combat this week.

I've stopped doing Iron Banner.. I found I wasted so much glimmer on items I'll never use haha.

I don't use shotguns, the scout rifle looks tempting but I don't know if I can handle grinding to rank 5 again. I did it last time, and did rank 4 on two characters right before DLC in order to hit 30 and then have vendor items make that useless a week or two later. What a waste.

I don't use shotguns, the scout rifle looks tempting but I don't know if I can handle grinding to rank 5 again. I did it last time, and did rank 4 on two characters right before DLC in order to hit 30 and then have vendor items make that useless a week or two later. What a waste.

Saterienne rapier is similar and just as easy to grind for, while taking your time instead of feeling like you're being rushed to do something.

Iron banner has come out so many times its becoming stale. We need a revamped Queen's Wrath, stat!

I have a feeling it'll only be revamped when House of Wolves is out since it deals with the Reef and what not.

I remember back around launch they announced the 'Event Calendar' and it looked so promising. Since then we have had Queen's Wrath once, and then Iron Banner copy and pasted. I didn't even mind Queen's Wrath, I would take it just as a change of pace.

Yeah, I'm at the 'take a break until House of Wolves' mode after the reset last night.

After running Omnigul Nightfall on two of my characters and the weekly on one, I don't know that I can do it on my third. Man, I hate that strike. I finally got my warlock to 32 last night, still need shards for my titan and hunter. I am running out of things to grind in this game, and my interest is slowly waning. I still need gjallahorn, and I would like some of my crota raid gear with different stats/abilities, but I'm pretty ambivalent at this point. It's been a fun run since launch, and I've gotten my money's worth, but I am just about to the point of needing a break. I took most of last week off, and might do the same this week as well.

Yep. I think a lot of people have hit the breaking point for the game. Even if House of Wolves comes out I'm not sure how much I'd play that. It's a good thing, I've been able to play more Dragon Age and should be able to finish it this weekend!

Just curious, how much play time does everyone have? Using the Destiny app (and I'm assuming the bungie website), I'm able to see that my characters have a combined total of 195 hours (100 + 50 +45) played. I'm sure this is a lot more accurate than the time played that my xbox profile shows (341 hours) as it probably does not count time idle in orbit or even time in tower. And also, my average time played would be around 4 hours a day with the lower value and 7 hours a day with the xbox value (no way it's anywhere this much).

Back