Destiny - Discussion Thread

they want people doing patrols and chasing the public events. they didn't want people standing back and shooting into a cave for hours on end. significant difference.

they want people doing patrols and chasing the public events. they didn't want people standing back and shooting into a cave for hours on end. significant difference.

vastly different goals when you do the 2. The loot cave was just using a fast respawn area to kill as many areas and get as many engrams as possible and gear, the events are for marks.

And frankly, I dont really give a damn what Bungies "vision" was because if their vision was to cut out 2/3rds of the content and leave it on the damn disc for future DLC, cut out probably 9/10th's of the story, do as little as they can in the area of level design, make every single strike boss essentially the same then their vision is shite to begin with

I got what could be considered an "ok" weapon last night, the Vision of Confluence from Normal Atheon (using the cheese method no less, hah!):

Full Auto Scout Rifle with Solar Damage :cool:

http://www.destinydb.com/items/2149012811-vision-of-confluence#1.MmFFufm8

TBH that is one of the best weapons I saw so far. I would love to have it. Full auto scout rifle that has increased stability as you deal damage and has a side mode to deal more damage in Vault of Glass...its great IMO

I finally hit level 28. Now have all my guns at least legendary or exotic.
Rocking Atheon's Epilogue auto rifle and it owns.
Also picked up the Ice Breaker from Xur today and me and my friend did weekly nightfall with ease. 3 sniper shots to take down level 28 hydras. Also regen sniper ammo. Wonderful.
Also got my exotic machine gun bounty complete and picked up a legendary fusion rifle with solar damage.

I am fully decked out for the vault. Just need the raid armor.

I finally hit level 28. Now have all my guns at least legendary or exotic.
Rocking Atheon's Epilogue auto rifle and it owns.
Also picked up the Ice Breaker from Xur today and me and my friend did weekly nightfall with ease. 3 sniper shots to take down level 28 hydras. Also regen sniper ammo. Wonderful.
Also got my exotic machine gun bounty complete and picked up a legendary fusion rifle with solar damage.

I am fully decked out for the vault. Just need the raid armor.

inb4 Ice Breaker nerf.

inb4 Ice Breaker nerf.

Naw it won't get nerfed. There are raid weapons that truly "break" the game and they haven't been nerfed. Plus the Ice Breaker being on the Strange Coin vendor puts it out of reach for many. Most people I see can barely do the 3 coin "hard" challenge every week so them buying it would be circumstance based and not broad.

The only other way to get it is a random drop. Plus it was added to help deal with the Vault of Glass as a weapon designed to decrease some of the difficulty for players.

It is a beast weapon. I did the Nightfall run with it and I was criting for 16k at times :eek:

I was one strange coin away from Ice Breaker, so sad :(

At least I'll have enough if it ever pops back in again. Getting all your characters to 20+ really helps in farming strange coins, wish I did it sooner.

I was one strange coin away from Ice Breaker, so sad :(

At least I'll have enough if it ever pops back in again. Getting all your characters to 20+ really helps in farming strange coins, wish I did it sooner.

Get to 27 then do the Very Hard weekly strike and you'll get 9 coins. You can then farm blue engrams which have a 25 percent chance of producing a strange coin or two. PVP is another way although that's far more random.

If you didn't get the Ice Breaker then hold on to those coins until Xur has a really awesome weapon again.

Naw it won't get nerfed. There are raid weapons that truly "break" the game and they haven't been nerfed. Plus the Ice Breaker being on the Strange Coin vendor puts it out of reach for many. Most people I see can barely do the 3 coin "hard" challenge every week so them buying it would be circumstance based and not broad.

The only other way to get it is a random drop. Plus it was added to help deal with the Vault of Glass as a weapon designed to decrease some of the difficulty for players.

It is a beast weapon. I did the Nightfall run with it and I was criting for 16k at times :eek:

Yeah I've had decent luck with Strange Coins and picked up the Ice Breaker. It's definitely nice, but I wouldn't be surprised if they reduced the gun's ammo capacity (maybe even by half) due to the regenerating ammo.

Spent the weekend doing Thorn (which was a bitch getting the pvp kills in Iron banner). Had my brother rage quit on me last night trying to get Xyur down as just the two of us... I kept trucking along and did it myself solo.

Don't we have anyone doing raids and weeklies here? I mean trying to get a hold of random people for a "one strike stand" is really hard...

Level 28 Decked out warlock
Level 25 Titan

MataLeon90, add me on PS4.

Spent the weekend doing Thorn (which was a bitch getting the pvp kills in Iron banner). Had my brother rage quit on me last night trying to get Xyur down as just the two of us... I kept trucking along and did it myself solo.

Thorn is extremely disappointing; it was also my first exotic bounty. I was so excited and so let down. Low impact, low bullets per mag, long reload time.
Bad Juju is even worse. The weapon model itself clutters the screen so much, it's a distraction. Got pocket infinity at the same time as Ice Breaker dropping at Xur - so I haven't leveled it up yet in lieu of leveling up Ice Breaker.

At this point, with Icebreaker - an exotic primary has to be extremely good for me to give up Icebreaker on my 2ndary in PvE. I hope Thorn and Bad Juju buff is worth it... I'm very tempted to pick up the Vanguard legendary magnum since it looks so enticing.

Don't we have anyone doing raids and weeklies here? I mean trying to get a hold of random people for a "one strike stand" is really hard...

Level 25 Titan

I'm Hydralisk_X on PS4. 28 Hunter, 25 Titan. Still waiting for a single raid piece so I can do hard mode...

My brother got Atheon's Epilogue and a raid piece on his first normal run. He then did his first hard mode run the next week and got Vex Mythoclast after exploiting Atheon. His PvP K/D went from ~1.0 to ~3.0. That gun is insanely broken...

Thorn is extremely disappointing; it was also my first exotic bounty. I was so excited and so let down. Low impact, low bullets per mag, long reload time.
Bad Juju is even worse. The weapon model itself clutters the screen so much, it's a distraction. Got pocket infinity at the same time as Ice Breaker dropping at Xur - so I haven't leveled it up yet in lieu of leveling up Ice Breaker.

At this point, with Icebreaker - an exotic primary has to be extremely good for me to give up Icebreaker on my 2ndary in PvE. I hope Thorn and Bad Juju buff is worth it... I'm very tempted to pick up the Vanguard legendary magnum since it looks so enticing.

I'm Hydralisk_X on PS4. 28 Hunter, 25 Titan. Still waiting for a single raid piece so I can do hard mode...

My brother got Atheon's Epilogue and a raid piece on his first normal run. He then did his first hard mode run the next week and got Vex Mythoclast after exploiting Atheon. His PvP K/D went from ~1.0 to ~3.0. That gun is insanely broken...

Same here pretty much. I was keeping my fingers crossed for a hickup to cause the Xur to have Suros Regime again..... ofcourse not, but then I bought IceBreaker anyways instead of saving my coins and man I am happy. I can keep Phogoth stunned constantly, two shot very hard enemies and one shot pretty much everything else.

Also have BadJuju and the only thing it helped me with is when Dingleberry shouts "we have awoken the HIVE!!!) and 50-100 one shottable hive enemies charge at you. If you have string of curses unlocked, you can kill 50 enemies, without pulling your finger off the trigger and without reloading. But that is pretty much it, except that it is a very low DPS, mediocrelly accurate pulse rifle....

Also on the quest to get the Thorn, although I know it does not live up to its Exotic status, I am hoping it will get buffed at some point.

I'll add you when I get home this evening Hydralisk.

Ice breaker is awesome. You can practically solo nightfalls with it. Who needs friends anymore :p.
I will add some of the gays on here. I usually play weekends only. Level 28 Titan.

I will add some of the gays on here. I usually play weekends only. Level 28 Titan.

Damn son why you dissing hunters? :D

If anyone wants groups for vault or weeklies you can add me on xb1 gt Gzeus87 I got a 29 lock 27 titan and 27 hunter.

I cheesed hard mode atheon last night. Got myself the epic speeder, wanted the Mythoclast of course but that's getting nerfed Haaaaard today (but my Scout Rifle is getting buffffed! :D )

I fired this up for the first time in a few weeks last night. I almost had a level on the cryptarch so i figured id finish that level off and get some engrams. I did the daily heroic at level 26 (which includes cryptarch engram reward). What did i get? A warlock Bond i already have 5 duplicates of. What did the cryptarch level gain get me? 2 Blue Engrams both of which were identical machine guns. Yeah this game is still garbage, wont even attempt to play it again

Level 25 Titan

You can get a hold of me later. I am on EST time and play late week nights and a lot on the weekends.
A friend and I always do the nightfall and weekly's early in the week so we get the buff.
I have a 29 warlock and a 27 Titan.
Game name is Valdarious

Lol, I get the Vex Mythoclast last night and it gets nerfed. Guess I couldn't wreck people with it in PvP first. I guess back to wrecking people with Suros. :(

I fired this up for the first time in a few weeks last night. I almost had a level on the cryptarch so i figured id finish that level off and get some engrams. I did the daily heroic at level 26 (which includes cryptarch engram reward). What did i get? A warlock Bond i already have 5 duplicates of. What did the cryptarch level gain get me? 2 Blue Engrams both of which were identical machine guns. Yeah this game is still garbage, wont even attempt to play it again

Trade it in while the value is still high :p

I bought mine digitally as well (shared the game with my bro) so it was essentially 50% off :p for two ps4 systems.

I think I already got my money's worth especially getting the Vex Mythoclast last night. But now that its a hard nerf.. I will switch to vision of confluence which will probably replace my SUROS.

Lol, I get the Vex Mythoclast last night and it gets nerfed. Guess I couldn't wreck people with it in PvP first. I guess back to wrecking people with Suros. :(

Suros is nerfed too , don't know how bad but yeah. I wanted one since the first time I saw it and it got nerfed before I could even get it.

Bungie is harsh with the nerf stick, they actively watch forums and youtube videos and try to eliminate all possible workarounds to some of the not so well developed game mechanics. I love the game, but instead of nerfing lets say public event timers and stuff, it would be more constructive if they made patrolling less repetitive and more rewarding so people would not mind doing it while getting the occasional public event.

True enough. I also have a vision of confluence, which fires like the SUROS or maybe even a bit faster. Long live the scout rifles now!

True enough. I also have a vision of confluence, which fires like the SUROS or maybe even a bit faster. Long live the scout rifles now!

I don't have VOC either lol, by the time I get it, it will be nerfed to shooting ping pong balls cause people will be unhappy that allthough all damage and armor is normalized, their lvl 5 titan they made yesterday was killed by a level 29 warlock who has been playing since day one using an exotic wepon hence the game is broken and all exotic weapons should be nerfed to the level of green items.

Suros is nerfed too , don't know how bad but yeah. I wanted one since the first time I saw it and it got nerfed before I could even get it.

Bungie is harsh with the nerf stick, they actively watch forums and youtube videos and try to eliminate all possible workarounds to some of the not so well developed game mechanics. I love the game, but instead of nerfing lets say public event timers and stuff, it would be more constructive if they made patrolling less repetitive and more rewarding so people would not mind doing it while getting the occasional public event.

Yeah id say thats an issue. They are nerfing pretty much every single way that people found to efficiently accomplish things in the game and forcing you into their boring grind to progress anywhere. Games like this need options, if i dont want to grind out patrols for rep/marks give me an alternative to get loot (i.e grinding areas like the cave). Theyre forcing us into a terrible mission design system that hardly anybody has anything positive to say about it

Yeah id say thats an issue. They are nerfing pretty much every single way that people found to efficiently accomplish things in the game and forcing you into their boring grind to progress anywhere. Games like this need options, if i dont want to grind out patrols for rep/marks give me an alternative to get loot (i.e grinding areas like the cave). Theyre forcing us into a terrible mission design system that hardly anybody has anything positive to say about it

Well I do not want to turn this in to Destiny bashing, and give whiners who want their money back more ammunition to cry about however there are things about this game that could be better.

The reason why they are forcing everyone into the grind is because people are done with all their content in less than a month.

Level 27+? Check
Legendary/Exotic Wepons and armor? Check
Cruicible? Check
Strike Playlist? Check
Patrolling? Check
Weekly/Daily? Check
Story missions? Check
Use all 3 characters? Check
Raid? Check

So now there is a very small amount of undiscovered content left for medium-high level players.
Bungie cant afford to release a Full Destiny the game worth of content every month so they are actively trying to slow everything down so they can do 2 updates a year instead of one every month.

Same exact thing happened with WarThunder. people started unlocking jet fighters while the game was in beta, The russian developer literally brought XP and in game currency gain to%10 of what it was, nerfed it so hard that you had to play almost a month to unlock a new plane and they also shoved 10 other planes that you did not want , but had to grind for in order to get the plane you wanted. They also started actively closing/deleting threads and banning people who complained about the system and how things were in the past.
That is when I stopped playing War Thunder. Unfortunatly after spending $300 or so in to the game.

Did the nightfall and weekly heroic on both hunters last night, and all dailies on three chars. That felt good. Aiming to get my titan to at least level 27 (he's 26 right now) and I will do the nightfall and weekly heroic on him as well.

That's a guaranteed 27 strange coins every week! Though Xur is bad game design, I'm not complaining. Though having only one exotic per weapon/armor slot kinda sucks. Atleast allow them to be using all slots in a PvE setting!

Looking for people to raid with on the ps4 during mid afternoon/early evening hours east coast time

Anyone interested. Started the raid for the first time yesterday

Got my first Legendary piece of armor some boot =) Almost level 25 just have to upgrade and I'll be there should be able to solo level 22 raids then.

Seen a guy get some Heroic stuff in a Crucible match he was level 29 already.

The problem with multiplayer maps are just too damn big and lack of player in the match just too wide open.

Got my first Legendary piece of armor some boot =) Almost level 25 just have to upgrade and I'll be there should be able to solo level 22 raids then.

The problem with multiplayer maps are just too damn big and lack of player in the match just too wide open.

Actually the only two maps that are "big" are the two vehicle maps. Other than that the other ones are fine.

I don't get why people complain about Crucible so much. It's not a hard mode at all. Clash is the most simple, control seems to give people problems -- capture 2 hold them and win. Stop going for a third!

lolwut?

Back