Destiny 2

Just a note, if you guys really want to try and raid, and want to succeed you'll need to know these symbols on sight. It's literally the mechanic of the entire raid.

It looks like a lot, but really it's not hard after you've done it a couple times.

RaidGlyphsVotD[1].jpg

thats not a lot, I've led 40 man end game raids before voice comms were a thing...that was a lot

thats not a lot, I've led 40 man end game raids before voice comms were a thing...that was a lot
Plane of Time in EQ1 was 72 players. No voice. Just chat channels. The good ole days. That was something like 6-8 hours long.

Plane of Time in EQ1 was 72 players. No voice. Just chat channels. The good ole days. That was something like 6-8 hours long.
True facts, I wasnt leading raids in EQ but I main tanked all of the planes, ToV, Sleepers, Vex thal etc. I started leading and MT in Vanilla WoW. Teamspeak and ventrillo were like stepping into the future.

True facts, I wasnt leading raids in EQ but I main tanked all of the planes, ToV, Sleepers, Vex thal etc. I started leading and MT in Vanilla WoW. Teamspeak and ventrillo were like stepping into the future.
I was one of the lead monks / pullers from Naggy / Vox up until Dragons of Norrath, quit and went to WoW.

We were the no 3 guild on Mith Marr and then moved to Drinal and were no. 2 until Cats in Hats imploded. I never did get my second primal 1hb cause CiH killed all 4 Warders and woke the Sleeper. I did have the 2hb, tho. Sadly I was offline when the Sleeper woke.

Surprised there isn't more chatter about this, new season starts today. Season of the Haunted, personally I'm very excited for it.

I'm excited about it, looking forward to more campaign/story and all of the new weapons/armor, gameplay changes, etc.

Surprised there isn't more chatter about this, new season starts today. Season of the Haunted, personally I'm very excited for it.

I've personally been underwhelmed by the seasonal format of the game. Excluding the stuff Bungie time gates, you can basically do all there is to do in a couple of weeks. After that, there just isn't a lot going on. It felt like we actually had more content back in the Activision days.

Also seeing a really good build using the new warlock legs and vex mythoclass granting like 250% bonus damage.

For the most part I'm really not liking the changes to warlock solar and void vortex grenades are bugged (doing 65% less damage). If I can get the new legs I'll try this build, if not I'm just going stasis for a while lol.

Trace Rifles and Machine Guns have been nice with this. I'm experimenting with other relevant solar weapons. I'm using Prometheus Lens a lot and Vex Mythoclast is starting to alternate (for energy weapons.) I may even whip out Lament for some of this. New Dungeon tomorrow.

Using my Hunter mostly for now but not too far from experimenting with the other two.

Ace and Sunshot are outstanding. Skyburner's Oath is solid and especially against Cabal.

I have a pretty good Negative Space solar Sword that I've been throwing in the mix, too.

Last edited:
Also seeing a really good build using the new warlock legs and vex mythoclass granting like 250% bonus damage.

For the most part I'm really not liking the changes to warlock solar and void vortex grenades are bugged (doing 65% less damage). If I can get the new legs I'll try this build, if not I'm just going stasis for a while lol.
Just wanted to update on this, ran the solo lost sector last night and got my rain of fire boots. Re-modded my armor for wells (elemental armaments/font of might) and charged with light (quick charge/stacks on stacks/high energy fire) combined with the mythoclass catalyst giving you rampage and it is disgusting. You basically end up doing lmg damage non-stop with a primary ammo weapon.

Ran the 1550 nightfall with it and I didn't even need anti-barrier mods anymore. Once they used their barrier I was able to burn them down with just mythoclass before they could re-shield again. I ended up with more kills than my teammates combined, it was a slaughter fest lol. Don't think I used my heavy once the entire nightfall.

What's even nicer is if I forgo the solar wells I can run this build with any subclass as well 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Ran the new duality dungeon today and it was pretty fun, got the new smg, warlock class item and 3 copies of the gauntlets lol. Really want the new pulse rifle but thankfully the dungeon is farmable, gonna spend some time in there tomorrow going for the pulse drop.

Ran the new duality dungeon today and it was pretty fun, got the new smg, warlock class item and 3 copies of the gauntlets lol. Really want the new pulse rifle but thankfully the dungeon is farmable, gonna spend some time in there tomorrow going for the pulse drop.

As usual me trying to do a dungeon solo just isn't going to happen so I'll see what I can do. I did finish it once with a group of randoms over a mic and the loot drop was pathetic. I am going to try and get the memories. I have four of those so far.

New expansion Lightfall comes out February 23.

During the showcase they said future expansions will no longer be sunset. Now they just need to bring back all the content I paid for and I might revisit the game.

1661274552064.png

Jeez. Destiny 2 is tarting to feel like WoW and the like. I've been waiting for Destiny 3 for several years and they just keep adding stuff to 2.

I don’t think they will do a Destiny 3 any time soon. They are bringing D1 content into D2 so I imagine they will just keep shuffling stuff in and out forever.

I started playing again after a few years off and it was a huge learning curve to get up to speed and it is the same for new people. I am excited for in game LFG finally and hopefully the changes to new player on-boarding make it easier for new people to join.

Edit: I missed the end of sun setting, that’s good news. Hopefully they make more content free to play. When Beyond Light and older was on game pass it made for a good entry package for newer people.

There is a rumor circulating that they are remastering the original worlds to integrate into the story, so the old content may be coming back and retconned to fit the current storylines.

There is a rumor circulating that they are remastering the original worlds to integrate into the story, so the old content may be coming back and retconned to fit the current storylines.

They will remaster some of the old zones and adapt them for whatever they want to do now, but they aren't going to ever bring back old content outside the raids.

They made huge changes to the back end of the game to where they essentially have to recreate and rescript everything. It doesn't make sense to do that for content people barely touched.

Part of the new player experience is a chest that boosts new and returning people to 1540, which gets them ready for end game content.

With Season 18, we have made sure that returning Guardians can jump right in and be ready to play the freshest content. New Lights can grab the chest after they finish the New Light campaign.

With this special chest, you can boost your Power level up to 1540 with Arc-themed armor and weapons, including two Exotics and ten Legendries. No matter if you’re a Hunter, Titan, or Warlock (or all three!), rewards await you on all your characters!

So, start your journey and grab your loot by visiting the H.E.L.M. (located in the Director above the Tower)! This chest will be available until Season 18 ends.

I play every other season, usually using the catch up mechanics of the outgoing on and then into the new story. Excited for the new expac.

I've been enjoying Season of the Plunder.

He's not kidding. Others have noticed it, too. Bring Wish Ender out of mothballs. Think "almost" Arbalest with unlimited ammo.

lots of my friends list is playing this. I last stopped when the moon expansion came out. worth picking back up if youve taken some time off?

like this
lots of my friends list is playing this. I last stopped when the moon expansion came out. worth picking back up if youve taken some time off?
All classes have been reworked with more customization and options.

I think they have improved how they tell the story compared to Shadowkeep.

Gun balance is decent, lots of viable options. Still have room for improvement as some archetypes still could use work.

Weapon crafting. Grindy but you can craft your mostly perfect weapon. Have to unlock the available options which can take some time.

I got back into the game at the end of Beyond Light and have enjoyed the current expansion.

like this

Quite a bit has happened since you last played so definitely yes.

I’d say yes, but it is a bit overwhelming at first. I recently restarted after not playing seriously since year one although I did play a few of the story missions for each campaign when they came out.

There is a lot to do now, almost too much to do which makes it hard to focus once you beat campaign and move on to powerful and pinnacle rewards. I used to run 3 characters and now I’m just finishing up my first to where he is raid ready so I can start catching up my other 2.

The pricing is confusing. Basically you have to buy the Witch Queen Deluxe Edition when it’s on sale otherwise you get nickel and dimed to death buying seasons and dungeons separately. Although we are getting to the point where only buying season 18 or 19 and the dungeon pass may be cheaper.

Also it’s annoying if you play with free to play people as you will eventually want to do more dungeons and other content that they won’t have access to.

Oh and unless you had a good selection of mods you will be at the mercy of RNG at the mod vendor waiting to catch up. Some key armor mods that top builds use haven’t been sold for months so you are basically checking every day and hoping one of the mods you need is magically available.

So I started playing this again...after a long break....is anyone from the H Clan still playing? I think I saw one other peep online....shows 3 people on my list total..but says there are 21 members in the clan? I am a bit lost, but having fun with the latest expansion. The new upcoming one looks really cool!

The pricing is confusing. Basically you have to buy the Witch Queen Deluxe Edition when it’s on sale
Same-ish boat, here. Haven't played in more than a year, came back last night just to dip my toes in and see if I wanted to get the deluxe Witch Queen Deluxe edition. Looks like it's no longer on sale so I'll just wait again I guess.

What an absolute cluster-fuck of purchase choices, pay-gates, and overwhelming updates/notifications though.

Same-ish boat, here. Haven't played in more than a year, came back last night just to dip my toes in and see if I wanted to get the deluxe Witch Queen Deluxe edition. Looks like it's no longer on sale so I'll just wait again I guess.

What an absolute cluster-fuck of purchase choices, pay-gates, and overwhelming updates/notifications though.
Dude same here. I was like WTF is going on? Also if you look through this thread it's like people aren't even speaking english regarding the game lol. It reminds me of wow.

Dude same here. I was like WTF is going on? Also if you look through this thread it's like people aren't even speaking english regarding the game lol. It reminds me of wow.

I started playing again, have not played since Shadowkeep. There is plenty to keep you busy if you log back in now, with or without Beyond Light pre-order. I typically play every other expansion, and buy the last season pass before the new expansion. I avoid the mid-xpac doldrums, balancing, etc. That said, the content gating is getting tedious. They cannot continue along this path and expect people to be okay with it. New expansions need to include all prior content. If you can play it in game, there is no reason for it to not be included with the newest xpac.

Not sure how much it was on sale for earlier....I think I picked it up here at greenmangaming.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/destiny-2-the-witch-queen-deluxe-edition-pc/

actually...it must have been a lot cheaper...cuz I think I picked up the pre-order for the next one for about that price...ugh.
Yeah, pretty sure the Deluxe was ~$40 yesterday.
I started playing again, have not played since Shadowkeep. There is plenty to keep you busy if you log back in now, with or without Beyond Light pre-order. I typically play every other expansion, and buy the last season pass before the new expansion. I avoid the mid-xpac doldrums, balancing, etc. That said, the content gating is getting tedious. They cannot continue along this path and expect people to be okay with it. New expansions need to include all prior content. If you can play it in game, there is no reason for it to not be included with the newest xpac.
Shadowkeep was also my last expansion. I get it, they have a pretty solid service and I typically don't mind shelling out some cash for extra content. I guess I just got overwhelmed by the 45 minutes of research into what *specific* expansion I should buy, on top of whether or not I needed to purchase a season pass, *on top of* whether or not I needed to purchase a Dungeon key pass or whateverthefuck that by the time I was ready to say 'fuck it, it's on sale' they yoink the sale.

lol no kidding. Destiny 2 passed me by ages ago, it looks like.

They need to make the purchase decisions easier. I went with the standard edition at first not realizing that the dungeons weren’t included. Also I assumed the season stuff was just cosmetic but they contain story quests and activities each season that really add to the game. Also leveling up at least one of the seasonal vendors is almost necessary so you can focus umbral engrams into high stat armor or specific weapons.

Also if you go standard edition then want to upgrade later the upgrade option never goes on sale and the deluxe edition is the only way to get past seasons to play the story missions.

As we are in the last two seasons of this cycle it might start being cheaper for new people to buy the standard and then add the last season whenever you are done with the campaigns from the legacy pack and/or Witch Queen but the Dungeon Pass is still going to set you back $20 or so if you want to play those. The second dungeon releases next season.

Picked up WQ deluxe edition.

Wish they would put a LFG finder in game too. Dumbasses like me start an activity thinking there might be matchmaking but turns out I'm alone and can't even get past the first mobs

I'm power level 1570 on a titan grinding activities like crucible, Vanguard's and gambit but it's getting old. I'd like to do some dungeons or duality

Im tonysoprano#4229 if anyone wants to play.

like this
Picked up WQ deluxe edition.

Wish they would put a LFG finder in game too. Dumbasses like me start an activity thinking there might be matchmaking but turns out I'm alone and can't even get past the first mobs

I'm power level 1570 on a titan grinding activities like crucible, Vanguard's and gambit but it's getting old. I'd like to do some dungeons or duality

Im tonysoprano#4229 if anyone wants to play.
In game LFG is finally on their radar for Lightfall, but it might be the season after. The official mobile app has LFG now at least and it works fairly well but in game would be easier.

I’m up for Dungeons so I’ll add you.

Dang. I have to agree with him. Obviously, I still play it and get what I want out of it but I think he's spot on myself.

Fair

Last edited:
Back