Destiny 2

I made it up to the "boss" you have to kill after killing the three emissaries. Gave up trying to do it solo after that.
That mission was early Whisper levels of difficult. All the changing shield types and match game was one of the most frustrating bits.

And yeah, zero interest in doing that solo.

Wait, didn't we already get Hawkmoon?

Each run of this new mission gives you two Hawkmoon random rolls and progression feathers towards the quest for the ship. Actually come to think of it, its a lot like Whisper in that way too.

Ran it on each character which gets you to 78 "feathers".

Ship and catalyst for this Hawkmoon stuff, right? It does sound like Whisper in some ways. Oh boy lol.

That mission was early Whisper levels of difficult. All the changing shield types and match game was one of the most frustrating bits.

And yeah, zero interest in doing that solo.

Each run of this new mission gives you two Hawkmoon random rolls and progression feathers towards the quest for the ship. Actually come to think of it, its a lot like Whisper in that way too.

Ran it on each character which gets you to 78 "feathers".
Apparently Arbalest deals with those shields pretty easily making it alot easier for you.

Ship and catalyst for this Hawkmoon stuff, right? It does sound like Whisper in some ways. Oh boy lol.

For completing the mission you get two Hawkmoon random rolls AND the catalyst. The quest you pickup from Crow requires picking up "feathers" that are both hidden and in some obvious spots inside the mission, as well as from two chests and the quest itself rewards an exotic ship. I likened this to shooting the oracles in the Whisper mission to get the Thousand Wings exotic ship. Its a similar concept.

So if you have no interest in the ship you can just complete the mission to get a "real" hawkmoon with an actual perk in the 4th slot instead of a question mark.

You can complete the mission once on each character per week for 2 Hawkmoon drops per character.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
FYI - it appears that you do not get 2 drops of the gun if you have not yet picked up the quest from Crow. Brother and I only got a single drop after the mission. Completely didn't think of picking up anything beforehand.

Also appears that you can farm the gun by repeating the mission if you do not pick up the quest as well. Lucky me I picked it up this morning before I found that out.

FYI - it appears that you do not get 2 drops of the gun if you have not yet picked up the quest from Crow. Brother and I only got a single drop after the mission. Completely didn't think of picking up anything beforehand.
Interesting. Did the quest at least track how many feathers you collected? You should have started with 10.

Once I picked it up this morning and loaded in the mission i got the 10 feathers. We got nothing for the first chest after completing the mission last night.

Once I picked it up this morning and loaded in the mission i got the 10 feathers. We got nothing for the first chest after completing the mission last night.

Oof, well that's unfortunate. A complete clear on one character with all feathers picked up should you should have 44.

Last edited:
No way to know how to do that without looking at YouTube. Good grief. It really is "Whisper 2" in some ways.

So I went in with two others and got the catalyst, the two drops, and all the feathers. That's it until next week, right? We can only get the feathers once a week?

So I went in with two others and got the catalyst, the two drops, and all the feathers. That's it until next week, right? We can only get the feathers once a week?
You can get the feathers from the chest on each character once a week. You can get the feathers you "find" on one character

Per character, yes. If you did one character the quest should say 44 feathers. If you do all three it should be at 78 which is the max so far this week.

like this
We were able to run the mission again with the Crow quest and we got two drops on top of the one we already had. I now have one each with hip fire grip, snapshot sights, and eye of the storm.

like this
We were able to run the mission again with the Crow quest and we got two drops on top of the one we already had. I now have one each with hip fire grip, snapshot sights, and eye of the storm.
Eye of the Storm sounds like it would be pretty good for crucible.

Any perk that requires you to be near death to work is a bad perk. I don't care for it.
While I'd typically agree, I've often come into HC faceoff situations in the crucible where me and the opponent exchange blows and having that extra accuracy to assist in landing the determining blow is welcome. With that said, something like range finder or moving target would give a similar effect without the near death downside.

I'm also wondering just how much additional accuracy Eye of the Storm gives compared to firmly planted or other similar perks. I would think a lot more with the whole near death thing.

While I'd typically agree, I've often come into HC faceoff situations in the crucible where me and the opponent exchange blows and having that extra accuracy to assist in landing the determining blow is welcome. With that said, something like range finder or moving target would give a similar effect without the near death downside.

I'm also wondering just how much additional accuracy Eye of the Storm gives compared to firmly planted or other similar perks. I would think a lot more with the whole near death thing.

Not to mention the catalyst for the gun itself increases range as you land crits and stack paracausal charges.

Devour: The Game

Eso makes everything look so easy but we all have access to the same things he does. Incredible. This run shows how powerful Devour can be when put to use.

Devour: The Game

Eso makes everything look so easy but we all have access to the same things he does. Incredible. This run shows how powerful Devour can be when put to use.

I'm sure we all can confidently say that Eso is the man. I just gave his sword method at the boss fight a shot and there was no way that was working lol. I kept getting caught in the bosses blight thing or stomped instantly.

However, i did manage to solo the mission and I was pretty proud of that. I used top tree nova, anarchy, and contraverse hold. Not quite in 10 minutes but whatever, I still got the triumph. I got a hip-fire grip and a quickdraw roll. They're both bleh.

Well after taking several weeks off, playing through Cyberpunk 2077, Death Stranding, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Everspace 2 & Last of Us 2, I wandered back to Destiny and tried the Hawkmoon random roll mission without really looking into it. Made it to the second wave after dealing with all the Emmisaries before saying "F* this!".

I definitely need to work the rust off, but as someone who hates Hand Cannons in this game and won't run the mission more than once for all the Feathers... not sure I'm going to bother.

Destiny wears so thin, so fast, with me anymore. They really need to change up their "grind is content" approach in my opinion. I guess some people enjoy doing the same thing over and over again for a lottery chance at loot that won't get dismantled... but that's not me. They have made decent strides in areas, but when they vault the bulk of our efforts, it is difficult to stay motivated. Sorry, mild rant there. You play some games with actual content, Destiny can feel like cheap plastic when you come back to it.

Last edited:
You're really got to hand it to the game: legendaries now have an expiration date, and exotics are the new legendaries.

like this
Well after taking several weeks off, playing through Cyberpunk 2077, Death Stranding, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Everspace 2 & Last of Us 2, I wandered back to Destiny and tried the Hawkmoon random roll mission without really looking into it. Made it to the second wave after dealing with all the Emmisaries before saying "F* this!".

I definitely need to work the rust off, but as someone who hates Hand Cannons in this game and won't run the mission more than once for all the Feathers... not sure I'm going to bother.

Destiny wears so thin, so fast, with me anymore. They really need to change up their "grind is content" approach in my opinion. I guess some people enjoy doing the same thing over and over again for a lottery chance at loot that won't get dismantled... but that's not me. They have made decent strides in areas, but when they vault the bulk of our efforts, it is difficult to stay motivated. Sorry, mild rant there. You play some games with actual content, Destiny can feel like cheap plastic when you come back to it.

It has its place and I enjoy Destiny when I'm in the mood ... I also love HCs or at least some of them... but I can't really disagree with the thrust of your criticisms. I basically have finished up what I wanted to do a number of weeks ago and I've come in once a week to do a feather run and then moved on to something else. Hitman 3, Valhalla, Cyberpunk... I'm always in the mood for more games like these in any event so I know what you mean.

The only thing I'm consistently doing right now is three runs of that hunt for that "rare" ship. I want the damn ship, game, give it to me!

The only thing I'm consistently doing right now is three runs of that hunt for that "rare" ship. I want the damn ship, game, give it to me!

How do you get it? Just get the feathers or some other trick?

How do you get it? Just get the feathers or some other trick?

No this ship is the rare drop from the Coup De Grâce mission in the dreaming city. Completely unrelated to the ship from the Harbinger mission which is a guaranteed reward from collecting all the feathers. I got that earlier this week but I had 3 characters so it goes faster.

The ship from the Coup De Grâce mission isn't a guaranteed drop so I've been running on all three characters each week hoping to get it. Its fast and very easy.

No this ship is the rare drop from the Coup De Grâce mission in the dreaming city. Completely unrelated to the ship from the Harbinger mission which is a guaranteed reward from collecting all the feathers. I got that earlier this week but I had 3 characters so it goes faster.

The ship from the Coup De Grâce mission isn't a guaranteed drop so I've been running on all three characters each week hoping to get it. Its fast and very easy.

D'oh thanks for setting me straight on that. Have they fixed those bugs yet?

I farmed for that Coup De Grace ship for hours when the cheese was a thing and still don’t have it. At this point I’ll run it on my warlock the 1 shot a week and if I don’t get it this season then I’ll forget about it.

Now I login for that ship, to get any spoils of conquest for the Always On Time sparrow, or to get a couple drops of Hawkmoon.

Guess who waited until the day before a season launch to deal with their 497/500 vault! This guy.

Back