Destiny 2

I tried pvp today and I think I’m done with pvp for the season. I can confidently say I just don’t enjoy the new subclass and the Titan/hunter skating.

Working on getting the new sniper, will probably finish that quest tomorrow. Really liking the changes to Gambit. Rounds go FAST, plus you can get random +1 drops as loot.

Getting the shotgun and the new class quests done in PVP is gonna take an eternity for me. I must say maybe my memory is hazy but it seems like it's a lot of effort to add some much needed abilities to this new class vs the previous classes.

Getting the shotgun and the new class quests done in PVP is gonna take an eternity for me. I must say maybe my memory is hazy but it seems like it's a lot of effort to add some much needed abilities to this new class vs the previous classes.

I'm not sure what shotgun you're referencing but if you're talking about the quests to unlock the two Fragments you can pick from this week (we get two more at reset today), I picked Vanguard to get them done and it was pretty straight forward. Everyone I knew who picked Crucible is regretting it. I'm not sure if you can just abandon them and pick up Vanguard?

Though today is weekly reset so i'm not sure how its all going to be affected.

I'm not sure what shotgun you're referencing but if you're talking about the quests to unlock the two Fragments you can pick from this week (we get two more at reset today), I picked Vanguard to get them done and it was pretty straight forward. Everyone I knew who picked Crucible is regretting it. I'm not sure if you can just abandon them and pick up Vanguard?

Duelity Exotic probably.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

I picked Vanguard thankfully.

Shotgun: Duality. Walk the Line quest.

...the new class quests done in PVP is gonna take an eternity for me. I must say maybe my memory is hazy but it seems like it's a lot of effort to add some much needed abilities to this new class vs the previous classes.

I just finished it, felt like it took forever (of course I was working on Adored at the same time, so ymmv). The Duskfield grenade is good for the "slowed" kills; Coldsnap is good for "shatter". If you run Warlock with Claws of Ahamkara, it will help as well. Although, Hunters seem to have it the easiest with this subclass. Their Super and Melee are both nearly uncounterable. No Time to Explain rules PvP lately, especially if you have the Catalyst unlocked.

like this
d2final.jpg

HDR is funky for a picture. Sorry about that. It will get done eventually. I'm not going to kill myself for this. Some people are saying there are some bugs with it. Some are also saying that if other fireteam members are using it you get credit for it, too, which would be nice.

Oh, so the Duality catalyst quest. I see. I think the kills portion of that I had done before I even looked at the quest, there was too much else to do. Its the Calibration progress portion that takes a while but it happens naturally.

like this
View attachment 300223

HDR is funky for a picture. Sorry about that. It will get done eventually. I'm not going to kill myself for this. Some people are saying there are some bugs with it. Some are also saying that if other fireteam members are using it you get credit for it, too, which would be nice.
Yeah, the kills portion I had done before I even equipped the gun so don't worry about those two steps.

like this
I just finished it, felt like it took forever (of course I was working on Adored at the same time, so ymmv). The Duskfield grenade is good for the "slowed" kills; Coldsnap is good for "shatter". If you run Warlock with Claws of Ahamkara, it will help as well. Although, Hunters seem to have it the easiest with this subclass. Their Super and Melee are both nearly uncounterable. No Time to Explain rules PvP lately, especially if you have the Catalyst unlocked.

I'm in love with NTTE in PvP. Been the one thing carrying my horrible pvp ass in comp right now.

I am happy with Season of the Hunted. Has a little Monster Hunter element going for it.

I'll be trying out everything in that video. ;)

You dont have to kill everything in the lost sector, but if you do you get over 50% of the lure charged per run, if you dont kill everything it is 40 something %

Also to add to this, if you got the quests for the fragments that require strikes. You can get a LOT of those done with the event in the EDZ that spawns cabal over and over by the church as long as you load in via the strike. I use a powershell script to close ports on my windows firewall that prevents me from getting put into a team. It is not a TOS violation since you are only closing ports on your firewall not doing anything to the game.

The EDZ Lost Sector farm seems to have been patched. I will double check though.

Also BANSHEE has the PROTECTIVE LIGHT mod today (11-18-20) if you didn't get it the last 2 seasons. Good Charged with Light mod.

The EDZ Lost Sector farm seems to have been patched. I will double check though.

Also BANSHEE has the PROTECTIVE LIGHT mod today (11-18-20) if you didn't get it the last 2 seasons. Good Charged with Light mod.
yeah it no longer works

The charging method changes each day. Lost sectors don't work today.

I was just getting charges normally last night as I did the Weekly powerfuls and it seemed plenty fast as-is. Gotta do the weeklys anyway so might as well charge the lure while you're at it which is probably Bungies intention.

like this

I was just getting charges normally last night as I did the Weekly powerfuls and it seemed plenty fast as-is. Gotta do the weeklys anyway so might as well charge the lure while you're at it which is probably Bungies intention.

I'll have to see what does. How do we check?

Last edited:

Charging method is/was the same. Strikes,Gambit or Crucible. Loading up the lake of shadows strike and going to widows walk lost sector instead of doing the strike was getting 50% completion per run. Same charging method today and doing the same thing does not work.

I'll have to see what does. How do we check?

Yes, at the bottom of there are bonus progression details. Yesterday it was challenging combatants in Strikes, hence why that lost sector with the 4 Nightmares and one boss was efficient. Today its different though I'm at work and I'd have to check. It'll be a different progression bonus.

I'm being told that its actually not the same objective for everyone so YMMV.

Either way I don't think they did anything with that lost sector, its just you probably have a different progression bonus.

Yes, at the bottom of there are bonus progression details. Yesterday it was challenging combatants in Strikes, hence why that lost sector with the 4 Nightmares and one boss was efficient. Today its different though I'm at work and I'd have to check. It'll be a different progression bonus.

Either way I don't think they did anything with that lost sector, its just you probably have a different progression bonus.

It's mentioning Gambit. (groans.) I did a strike and got 33 percent. I need something faster than that.

The lost sector nightmare thing was a gem.

ohhh thats right, it is gambit now High value targets and precision kills

like this
I hate to say it but this seasons weapons are kinda boring. I like the exotics but the legendary guns are meh.

I hate to say it but this seasons weapons are kinda boring. I like the exotics but the legendary guns are meh.
A three burst kinetic sidearm with the ability recharge perk ( not out yet), a void wave frame GL with rampage... I dunno I'm loving them.

So many rolls to farm!

I have not gotten serious on focusing on some of the weapons yet.

Offhand: Was it in this thread or another where I saw someone mention a recent Windows update and something being off with how their graphics looked, at least in this game? Does that mean anything to anyone because I feel like some things are off. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall videocard drivers and see if that fixes it up. It's nothing super serious.

Last edited:

Offhand: Was it in this thread or another where I saw someone mention a recent Windows update and something being off with how their graphics looked, at least in this game? Does that mean anything to anyone because I feel like some things are off. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall videocard drivers and see if that fixes it up. It's nothing super serious.

It was this one. They changed some color grading and lighting in some areas with Beyond Light. It is minor, or supposed to be minor. I know I had to turn off HDR because after 3 days of tinkering and looking up other's settings, I could not get it to look decent. Otherwise, it looks good in normal mode (to me).

Bungie made changes to the lighting in several areas of the game. It looks a little different now. They have a pseudo HDR thing going on now.

From the 9/24 TWAB https://www.bungie.net/en-us/Explore/Detail/News/49596 (lots of technical talk in that one beyond just graphical stuff)

We relit portions of EDZ and Nessus. During the early stages of Beyond Light production the Lighting and Skies teams had a desire to provide a visual refresh to the two remaining D2 Year 1 destinations, EDZ and Nessus, as they enter their fourth year in rotation. To that end, the teams performed relights and global lighting updates to a number of locations on both destinations.
  • What you might notice:
    • Different lighting on existing destinations! The changes are intentional and are meant to bring the visual quality of these spaces up to our current lighting standards, while providing a fresh coat of paint for some of our Year 1 locations. We hope you enjoy these updates to some familiar locations when you explore EDZ and Nessus this November.

One thing I have noticed is that I get a consistent delay when loading in a new area or strike/mission. It happens sometimes when going from zone to zone in the larger areas like Europa. Sometimes it even crashes.

Pre-BL it was near instantaneous. I've seen some mention on Reddit/Steam-forums (and rightfully I take those comments with a boulder of salt) about dropping frames/performance. Not quite what I am experiencing.

like this
Hopefully they keep working on the HDR (after more important issues are addressed), because it is currently abysmal imo. Of course, I just got an HDR monitor (48" LG CX) so I was excited to see Destiny, especially, in HDR. My expectations may have been high, but I still think it looks bad compared to other HDR games on PC.

Back