Destiny 2

I'm waiting till my xbox series X to come in and its looks delayed, atleast que's wont be an issue by the time I get it lol

haha I have un-subbed from the d2 sub reddit specifically for that reason

I dont believe the spoiler I read is even in game yet, it was datamined lore. But it is showing up on the sites that document that kind of stuff.

I dont believe the spoiler I read is even in game yet, it was datamined lore. But it is showing up on the sites that document that kind of stuff.
Once I finally get to play the game I'll go back and see what I'm missing out on but at least for the main story I'm excited to discover it all organically.

I can't get in. 14-15,000 person cue wait. I wonder if I'll get to play today. I've already been waiting almost 10 minutes. Not going to waste much more time today.

My queues were closer to 4k, but long waits both. I was able to play for a couple hours with one "anteater" error in the middle, followed by a near hour long wait just to get into the queue. Roughly 10 minutes after it told me what number in line I was.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I got in. I played a good hour and a half. I am into the story and got some things off the ground.

It's easy for me to convince myself I'm playing Destiny 3 for all intents and purposes. I'm impressed so far.

Love it. Calling it for the night. 13 hours of grinding on my filthy hunter, ugh....

20201111011551_1.jpg

The visual upgrades are really. The near 3D map... some of the planets look a little buffed up... the darker backgrounds... there is a lot to like here. Some more RPG tropes and mod adjustments. All kinds of things. It's Destiny 3.

Sooo....I was about an hour into the Shadowkeep story campaign before Beyond Light dropped. Does this mean I will not be able to finish the Shadowkeep campaign?

I know the story doesn't matter too much in Destiny, but I'm kinda OCD in that regard..

Sooo....I was about an hour into the Shadowkeep story campaign before Beyond Light dropped. Does this mean I will not be able to finish the Shadowkeep campaign?

I know the story doesn't matter too much in Destiny, but I'm kinda OCD in that regard..

Yes. No problems for you. Keep playing.

Just curious, took a long break from Destiny and have not played Shadowkeep. Is all of that content still available or has it been vaulted? Trying to figure out if I will be able to play through full Shadowkeep campaign prior to starting beyond light.

I think we all knew this, but Stasis is going to break this game. If you haven't started on The Stranger's quest line (after campaign), you might want to get on that.

Just curious, took a long break from Destiny and have not played Shadowkeep. Is all of that content still available or has it been vaulted? Trying to figure out if I will be able to play through full Shadowkeep campaign prior to starting beyond light.

Yes. There is a Kiosk next to the Postmaster with archived content. I'm assuming Shadowkeep will be in there.

--

New DPS challenger, lots of setup however.

--

Lastly, looks like we have to solo the new Legendary Lost Sectors (don't appear on map until you are over LL 1200 and have completed the LS at least once) inside of a time limit to get the new Exotic armor.

--

EDIT: Okay, for REAL my last edit! Seems like Bungie broke Witherhoard. It has been doing the same damage in AOE as a direct hit. Thing was taking over PvP apparently. Anyway, it has temporarily been disabled until they can fix it. It was poised to thoroughly bork Trials this weekend, so I suppose. The new Exotic pulse is pretty strong if you complete its Catalyst, so at least we have a distraction. Hard to beat Witherhoard for Boss debuff however. Hope they fix it soon.

Last edited:

Same boat. As I posted a few posts above...I was about 1 hour into the Shadowkeep campaign before Beyond Light dropped. Would really like to finish the Shadowkeep campaign before moving to Beyond Light.

I am extremely disappointed with them vaulting content, it makes no sense, ruins any track new players would have had to run on, and ultimately continues the tradition of the Destiny games being the lesser to its lore.

Same boat. As I posted a few posts above...I was about 1 hour into the Shadowkeep campaign before Beyond Light dropped. Would really like to finish the Shadowkeep campaign before moving to Beyond Light.

It's still there. If it does not show on the map to continue, then you can go to the new Kiosk next to the Postmaster to find "Archived" content.

I am extremely disappointed with them vaulting content, it makes no sense, ruins any track new players would have had to run on, and ultimately continues the tradition of the Destiny games being the lesser to its lore.
Alternate take: I've done all the content that's leaving to death and while i'm a little sad, i'm looking forward to new things.

Sorry for being dumb: I am not finished with the campaign yet but I wanted to go off and do some things. This morning my character has been dropped from 1115 or so to 971. All my gear and ratings look normal. What is this? I can't play. I went into the EDZ and everything is immune.

EDIT: Withhoard. Bungie Help says they took it out because of some issue. That is some kind of BS. That's my best weapon. I guess they will nerf the hell out of it or they just took it out. This seriously hurts me.

The EDZ lost sector quick level up exploit has been patched as well. Yes, I was getting ready to do it.

Alternate take: I've done all the content that's leaving to death and while i'm a little sad, i'm looking forward to new things.

Your not a new player, and new players are needed to expand the game.

Thats the problem, existing long time players won't care, potential new players will be turned off. Personally i know several gamers that never got into destiny, developed an interest early this year, found out content was being vaulted and didn't bother.

There are other ways to manage new/old players than just vaulting a vast majority of content (in a game which heavily relys on grinding, so massive content would be a huge boon). Allowing new players to progress through all the story arcs would be great, and actually provides the hours of content needed for a basic level grind.

further, you are likely going to keep grinding it, so what harm is it to leave the content in, add a random endgame loot table for high level players, just so you have some alternatives to grind once Beyond Light's content inevitably gets stale.

I'm sorry Cricco, Bungie screwed up again.

I'll say this, destiny is good, it had/has potential to be amazing but it seems like every time they take one step forward they take one back somewhere else. The gunplay is fantastic, the traversal is great, and being able to complete a shopping list of items to earn guaranteed legendary rewards is amazing. The backbone of this game is very solid, but the content side not so much.

Last edited:
Sorry for being dumb: I am not finished with the campaign yet but I wanted to go off and do some things. This morning my character has been dropped from 1115 or so to 971. All my gear and ratings look normal. What is this? I can't play. I went into the EDZ and everything is immune.

EDIT: Withhoard. Bungie Help says they took it out because of some issue. That is some kind of BS. That's my best weapon. I guess they will nerf the hell out of it or they just took it out. This seriously hurts me.

The EDZ lost sector quick level up exploit has been patched as well. Yes, I was getting ready to do it.
1 weapon taken out caused your LL to drop that much?

Yeah the EDZ "cheese" was patched out. Your next best bet is the Moon, Hellmouth. Go and farm the Trove Guardian and the nightmare that spawns in the mouth of the pit. It's slower but still dropped enough blues (and some legendary, too, at about 1 to 5-ish) to get me about at 1145.

Yup,
1 weapon taken out caused your LL to drop that much?

Yeah the EDZ "cheese" was patched out. Your next best bet is the Moon, Hellmouth. Go and farm the Trove Guardian and the nightmare that spawns in the mouth of the pit. It's slower but still dropped enough blues (and some legendary, too, at about 1 to 5-ish) to get me about at 1145.

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1326713187861893122?s=20

That's why. I had it equipped so it registered as a zero because they have pulled it out of the game. I'm sure when it comes back it will be nicely nerfed.

Did your Hellmouth tip: That's been patched or something. Nothing but flotsam now.

Last edited:
Seriously? I went from 1070 to 1145 in about 30m this morning.

Where? Doing what? I've just been doing the campaign. I guess I'm going to take a break and start doing weeklies and stuff. I'm at 1120 and I'm running into 1140 and 1150 enemies and it just isn't happening.

Losing Witherhoard has set me back as well.

Last edited:
Where? Doing what? I've just been doing the campaign. I guess I'm going to take a break and start doing weekly and stuff. I'm at 1120 and I'm running into 1140 and 1150 enemies and it just isn't happening.

Losing Witherhoard has set me back as well.
It was the Moon Hellmouth activities I described, and it boosted my levels about 4 hours ago. Haven't tried anything just yet, was going to try that for a bit during "lunch." Losing Witherhoard for DPS sucks, for sure. Duality seems pretty good as far as a shotgun goes, but the lack of an AOE sucks.

like this
I've just been doing the campaign and the grind for the grenade launcher an I am at 1160 something.

like this
The hellmouth thing no longer works. They patched it. I got junk. No more shortcuts.

See my post a few before yours. It got bugged to where it was doing direct contact damage even if you barely touched the AOE. It broke PvP, they got a ton of reports and yanked it before Trials. I'm sure it will get fixed soon, one of my Favs as well.

like this
That bug certainly is strange and I can see definitely having to correct that but I am under no illusions, either. This was inevitable. It's the same old thing. PVP over preference and Witherhoard will be nerfed when it resurfaces. Guaranteed. It's been absolutely invaluable for me for mob crowd control and boss attrition while I whip out my heavy. I just hope they don't get carried away with the nerf.

Well I woke up yesterday morning with no interest in even purchasing the expansion. By the end of the day I completed the campaign. I'm at 1200 now, at least I was before seeing this witherhoard thing. I'll have to check to see what effect that has.

Glad I'm not crazy about the graphics - I was thinking "Boy, things just look different" even outside of the Dark Mode that was implemented. Performance on the 1080 ti seemed to take a bit of a hit too. Not terribly crazy about that but it's motivation to grab a new card I guess.

I seem to be enjoying things so far though. It's a nice change of pace. I really like the addition of being able to purchase hot items from past expansions. Gonna try and get Always On Time Sparrow and Anarchy gl.

Last edited:
Back