Destiny 2

If you're looking for fast Powerfuls (post-1200 softcap) and you're semi-confident in PvP, Glory (Survival/Comp) rank-up's are a fast way to level. The solo playlist isn't too bad. You need at least 7 round wins in Survival anyway for the weekly Powerful challenge so if you find yourself on a nice streak, just keep it going.

New Pinnacle reward source that Bungie hasn't made public yet:

After you complete the "Weekly Empire Hunt Challenge" for Variks, doing 2 more Hunts will net you a Pinnacle Reward.

Map refers to it as a Tier 1 Powerful, so either it is a bug or wrongfully listed.

Ok...so what I'm sure is a really dumb question...what's the number in the blue box in front of people's names??

Artifact level I think.
That's kind of what I thought, but I've seen people with over 20 already, is that possible? That would be some amazing grinding.

ETA: by artifact level I assume you mean the +Power bonus from the artifact?

ETA2: Ok, just saw someone over 30, no way that's +Power, so must just be the Season Pass rank?? If so, I'm at 30.

Last edited:
Stupid question: How's come I can't raise some of my weapons from 1050 past 1060 no matter what?

Stupid question: How's come I can't raise some of my weapons from 1050 past 1060 no matter what?
Older weapons/armor can only go up to a certain lvl. It shows the max level an item can go up to in the stats on the right when you inspect it.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Older weapons/armor can only go up to a certain lvl. It shows the max level an item can go up to in the stats on the right when you inspect it.
That's bad news. That means I've lost weapons like Hush, my machines guns.. good grief.

Ok...so what I'm sure is a really dumb question...what's the number in the blue box in front of people's names??
Yes, season pass rank, not artifact power.
That's bad news. That means I've lost weapons like Hush, my machines guns.. good grief.
Sunsetting! Lots of stuff out there though to replace it.

I urge everyone to at least skim the TWAB every week, you'll always know what's going on and when things are going to happen. Bungie's main twitter always publishes it once it's out, otherwise you can go back and read them all here: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Index

The absolute #1 source for what's going on from an official source. Always out Thursday afternoons to evenings every week.

Yes, season pass rank, not artifact power.

Sunsetting! Lots of stuff out there though to replace it.

I urge everyone to at least skim the TWAB every week, you'll always know what's going on and when things are going to happen. Bungie's main twitter always publishes it once it's out, otherwise you can go back and read them all here: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Index

The absolute #1 source for what's going on from an official source. Always out Thursday afternoons to evenings every week.

Yup no excuses. I will do better on keeping tabs with that.

That's kind of what I thought, but I've seen people with over 20 already, is that possible? That would be some amazing grinding.

ETA: by artifact level I assume you mean the +Power bonus from the artifact?

ETA2: Ok, just saw someone over 30, no way that's +Power, so must just be the Season Pass rank?? If so, I'm at 30.

There is a guy at level 60 in my guild as of today. It's more than possible. That's season pass rank BTW, it's not including artifact power bonuses.

I should be able to hit pass rank 100 by reset tomorrow at this rate. Big headstart saving 2 million XP in bounties last season and being on a "gaming" vacation this week.

Season 1 rank won't matter for day one raiding but I find it kind of fun to do these crazy grinds once a year with the big expansions.

Also i'm not sure if it was mentioned above but on starting a new character, you'll want to upgrade a ghost you like (you can pick any now!) and throw on Guiding Light or better yet if you have it, Blinding Light.

20201113155904_1.jpg

Last edited:
I should be able to hit pass rank 100 by reset tomorrow at this rate. Big headstart saving 2 million XP in bounties last season and being on a "gaming" vacation this week.

Season 1 rank won't matter for day one raiding but I find it kind of fun to do these crazy grinds once a year with the big expansions.

I only care about getting my light level up. Once you hit rank 100, anything beyond that doesn't really matter.

I only care about getting my light level up. Once you hit rank 100, anything beyond that doesn't really matter.
In terms of the pass, no of course, there is nothing after 100. Its the artifact power that you want for harder content as the season progresses but I think you know that and we're just agreeing here.

Also i'm not sure if it was mentioned above but on starting a new character, you'll want to upgrade a ghost you like (you can pick any now!) and throw on Guiding Light or better yet if you have it, Blinding Light.

View attachment 298842
The different Ghosts need to all become Ornaments now, given the resources it would take to upgrade multiple Ghosts.

100k is possible in the 1250 Ordeal if you're trying to get the powerful.

Pro strat is riskrunner. I had to spec SMG reserves and scavs after we wiped once because you're basically holding down the trigger the whole time.

Match game and it's all arc and solar shields minus two void servitors, but you can brute force those easily enough.

I did the Riis Reborn thing. Long/short: I followed YouTube and everything I'm almost certain I did it all right but all I got was a chest with a Crystocrene Cowl. That's it. Nothing else. That's cool. Arguably a little more trouble than it was worth. ;)

I'm a very casual destiny two player on PC I'll just play for 20 minutes here or there and then sometimes take months off.

So I'm a little confused I didn't buy shadow keep but the game had a huge update and that's beyond light? But I didn't buy or pay extra for beyond's light does it just come with a game now?

Last DLC I bought was a year ago the fall season pass in 2019 for like $70

I'm a very casual destiny two player on PC I'll just play for 20 minutes here or there and then sometimes take months off.

So I'm a little confused I didn't buy shadow keep but the game had a huge update and that's beyond light? But I didn't buy or pay extra for beyond's light does it just come with a game now?

Last DLC I bought was a year ago the fall season pass in 2019 for like $70

So a year ago was Shadowkeep and Beyond Light came out this past Tuesday. The only thing you could have bought a year ago that included a season pass would have been Shadowkeep.

Neither expansions are free.

Any Seraph weapons or light mod drops this season? It appears they're MIA this time around, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Ninth Entropic shard: I see videos of people jumping outside of the game world in Creation trying to get to it so obviously wait for future content?

Ninth Entropic shard: I see videos of people jumping outside of the game world in Creation trying to get to it so obviously wait for future content?
Yeah, not all of them are available right now but enough are to complete that quest.

like this

Ah, only knew about the five for the grenade launcher quest. Are there more than that currently available?

like this
Some of the new perks available are great fun. The Crowd Pleaser GL with Chain Reaction where final blows cause elemental explosions can quite literally cause a chain reaction with a large enough group of red bars. Its awesome in the Cosmodrome strike since there are SO man ads.

Back