Destiny 2

Finally got around to checking out Prophecy Dungeon.

Abysmal. Most of the encounters are plain frustrating and the final encounter with the boss takes it up to 11. After a few times wiping on the final encounter we all agreed it wasn’t fun and we’d rather go do Pit of Heresy.
That's to bad, I recently did it for the first time as well and had a great time with only needing two attempts at the final boss. First time we had to make sure we 3 phased for the eye, we goofed up and died after getting the eye. We soundly 2 phased him after that, considering it was a randomly pickup group from the lfg app I was super happy with it.

Honestly the most deaths for us came from the rainbow road section before the final boss lol

As the resident Old Fart that typically does not enjoy Raids or Dungeons, I didn't mind Prophecy. I have to say though, it really depends on your gear + build, and the group with you. I can see it becoming a frustration-fest if the mechanics don't make sense or you cannot clear adds fast enough.

I still enjoy Heresy more, but that is mostly due to me finally starting to get the hang of it. Takes me forever, which is compounded by not getting to play often.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
That's to bad, I recently did it for the first time as well and had a great time with only needing two attempts at the final boss. First time we had to make sure we 3 phased for the eye, we goofed up and died after getting the eye. We soundly 2 phased him after that, considering it was a randomly pickup group from the lfg app I was super happy with it.

Honestly the most deaths for us came from the rainbow road section before the final boss lol

Same here. I didn't find it overly difficult, although it is annoying in places until you get the hang of it.

like this
I was able to get the following:
  • Whisper catalyst + masterwork
  • Last Word
  • Black Talon (randomly dropped during a Contact event)
  • Mountaintop
I don't know if I will get around to:
  • Jotunn, or any other forge stuff
  • Malfeasance
  • Zero Hour
  • Leviathan raids
  • Lumina (I think the last step is a Savathun strike?)
I think I've spent more time clearing out the vault than anything else. Whatever happened to clearing out shaders quickly?

I was able to get the following:
  • Whisper catalyst + masterwork
  • Last Word
  • Black Talon (randomly dropped during a Contact event)
  • Mountaintop
I don't know if I will get around to:
  • Jotunn, or any other forge stuff
  • Malfeasance
  • Zero Hour
  • Leviathan raids
  • Lumina (I think the last step is a Savathun strike?)
I think I've spent more time clearing out the vault than anything else. Whatever happened to clearing out shaders quickly?

Dude, I've been working 70-80 hr weeks for months. I've gotten several things on my own, but I straight up paid a clan mate to log into my account and get some things I knew I wouldn't bother with otherwise. This is really the only reason I got Anarchy for example. He's a young guy with not a lot of income yet, trying to build a new PC, so it has helped us both out.

Dude, I've been working 70-80 hr weeks for months. I've gotten several things on my own, but I straight up paid a clan mate to log into my account and get some things I knew I wouldn't bother with otherwise. This is really the only reason I got Anarchy for example. He's a young guy with not a lot of income yet, trying to build a new PC, so it has helped us both out.
I got Anarchy after someone told me to join a checkpoint - first exotic when I started playing this game again haha. Some people in the raid couldn't believe my luck.

I got Anarchy after someone told me to join a checkpoint - first exotic when I started playing this game again haha. Some people in the raid couldn't believe my luck.

NICE!!

I had tried for it prior, like most the Raid Exotics, with no luck. All I have left are Fourth Horseman and Felwinter's Lie (unobtainable atm), and three Catalysts (Telesto, Mida & Hardlight). Weeellllllll.... and a couple of old Gambit weapons like Hush & Python... and the Forge Puzzle whatever where you have to solve the puzzle with all Forge weapons equipped. Haven't even bothered with Seals and Triumphs since I knew I'd never get them all done. I'm a completionist, but now THAT MUCH of a completionist. :whistle:

I missed the last few seasons, but am thinking about picking it back up. Is there any reason to come back before Beyond Light drops?

47th time. 60th until I got the sparrow.

3 times a week since launch.
It normally takes me 20 to 30 clears to get exotic loot like that. This was the case for the exotic sparrow, the raid ship, and Anarchy. However, I did get One Thousand Voices on my 8th clear of The Last Wish raid. I think I had only 5 or 6 clears of Crown of Sorrow to get Tarrabuh.

I've seen people clear that raid 30+ times with no luck in getting that.

47th time. 60th until I got the sparrow.

3 times a week since launch.

It normally takes me 20 to 30 clears to get exotic loot like that. This was the case for the exotic sparrow, the raid ship, and Anarchy. However, I did get One Thousand Voices on my 8th clear of The Last Wish raid. I think I had only 5 or 6 clears of Crown of Sorrow to get Tarrabuh.
I joined an LFG maybe about two days or so after booting up the game on a whim- and that's kind of what spurred me to getting shit accomplished before the new season. Wifey even got jealous (and she stopped cold after Forsaken) and she said how she wants to pick it back up with the new season (... and knowing my luck I'll buy us both the expansion and... she'll lose interest again :LOL: ).

Raids are a bit of a heavy commitment and with most of my time going into doing yardwork, etc., I haven't really done a raid. 1KV is something I was interested in.

I joined an LFG maybe about two days or so after booting up the game on a whim- and that's kind of what spurred me to getting shit accomplished before the new season. Wifey even got jealous (and she stopped cold after Forsaken) and she said how she wants to pick it back up with the new season (... and knowing my luck I'll buy us both the expansion and... she'll lose interest again :LOL: ).

Raids are a bit of a heavy commitment and with most of my time going into doing yardwork, etc., I haven't really done a raid. 1KV is something I was interested in.

How much fucking yard do you have? I'm on 1/3 acre and I can do it all in a single morning once a week or every other week.

Yes, they all will. It's becoming much easier to use as well with all ( well, most) armor getting a universal slot that can take all those mods.
Are there any activities I can do that drops these type mods other than the vendor?

How much fucking yard do you have? I'm on 1/3 acre and I can do it all in a single morning once a week or every other week.
1/3 acre too - previous homeowner left it in poor shape, so it's been a struggle unfucking that mess and planning on what to actually do with landscaping.

946070A6-588A-4612-90E9-0150F1A0B13B.jpeg

Oh God yes finally.

Are there any activities I can do that drops these type mods other than the vendor?

Not that will happen prior to B.L. Iron Banner is one of the best outlets for mods, but the unique season specific mods seem to only ever come through their respective Vendors.

So we did a farewell tour of the raids being vaulted tonight but decided to just try and use "fun" and off-meta weapons. That was significantly harder. Becomes immediately obvious why there are some standouts that eventually need to be nerfed. Also pretty amazing how out of practice you can feel not playing this game seriously for weeks..

It was great to see big old daddy Calus one more time!

I have to say the story of beyond light has me very intrigued with whats happening next in D2.

Is anyone aware of a bigger discount on Beyond Light Deluxe Edition than 17% or so , which comes to around $58?

Also, for a new player to Destiny 2 (or rather, I've had the keys but have barely played anything) if I start either right now - or possibly wait until the new Beyond Light "new user experience - will I still be able to play all the "old" campaign/story content, raids etc... the unlocks and and items from previous seasons etc? I hear rumor they're removing some things with Beyond Light, and if this is accurate I'd like to know what will change and/or be removed. Thanks.

Is anyone aware of a bigger discount on Beyond Light Deluxe Edition than 17% or so , which comes to around $58?

Also, for a new player to Destiny 2 (or rather, I've had the keys but have barely played anything) if I start either right now - or possibly wait until the new Beyond Light "new user experience - will I still be able to play all the "old" campaign/story content, raids etc... the unlocks and and items from previous seasons etc? I hear rumor they're removing some things with Beyond Light, and if this is accurate I'd like to know what will change and/or be removed. Thanks.

Sorry, I can't help with the discount question, I just throw my money at whatever collectors edition is available every year. Its an addiction.

On Tuesday, the game is changing pretty dramatically. It's not a rumor, its quite well known that with Beyond Light, many activities, locations, items and quests are all going away to possibly return in the future. What that means is you really don't have enough time at this point to experience it all and no, once its gone its gone. There is a lot changing, sadly far too much that I can quickly list here. Veteran players follow along with and impatiently wait for the TWAB or This Week At Bungie to release every Thursday (Since early D1!) with the latest news and its been spread across a few of them since August.

As for the main TWAB with the biggest list of what activities and quests are staying and what are leaving, this would probably be it. : https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49454

If you read through all the TWAB's since that one, you'll get a more complete idea of what's going and what's leaving: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Index

One big thing to note is in Beyond Light which was focused in this past weeks TWAB was the inclusion of a new kiosk that should aid in acquiring old Exotic and Pinnacle that were part of now vaulted quests. https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49751

Next up, the Monument to Lost Lights Exotic Archive will be found by the Vault. Here, players may acquire various Exotics and Legendary Pinnacle/Pursuit weapons that were once available through now-retired quests. As many of these Exotics were tied to lengthy quests or difficult objectives, we wanted to make sure their prices reflected those previous efforts. Players will need an amount of Glimmer, destination materials, masterworking materials, and an Exotic Cipher or Ascendant Shard in order to purchase the Exotic or Legendary which they desire. We’re also introducing a currency, Spoils of Conquest, which can only be acquired when completing raids. This currency will be required for Exotics previously tied to Vaulted raids.

Not all old content is being Vaulted, there is still a ton of content there outside of the new DLC. That said, most of it is still changing in some fashion. If it were me, I'd wait until BL is released to jump in. You can go through the learning curve once, instead of twice.

...I just throw my money at whatever collectors edition is available every year. Its an addiction.

I resemble that remark.

EDIT:

Some Build ideas going into Beyond Light:

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/yockdog/status/1325787299863519232?s=19

I almost forgot about this, it was a disaster last year!

PSA: Do yourself a favor and move the weapons & armor you want to start with tomorrow onto the character you’ll use first. Try to move anything extra to the vault. API usually stays down for some time after launch and can’t be used to move your inventory during that time.

like this
Now I saw it: Ohhhhhhhhh boooooooy. That's as big as it gets. That truly changes everything but that's how large the stakes are. That's what it takes. I can't wait.

Last edited:
Played about an hour on my lunch break. Europa looks kick ass. Did a couple of the story line quests that are setting up the story for this season. I like it so far.

I can't get in. 14-15,000 person cue wait. I wonder if I'll get to play today. I've already been waiting almost 10 minutes. Not going to waste much more time today.

If you are afraid of spoilers stay away from reddit. My brain just broke

I can't get in. 14-15,000 person cue wait. I wonder if I'll get to play today. I've already been waiting almost 10 minutes. Not going to waste much more time today.
I'm waiting till my xbox series X to come in and its looks delayed, atleast que's wont be an issue by the time I get it lol
If you are afraid of spoilers stay away from reddit. My brain just broke
haha I have un-subbed from the d2 sub reddit specifically for that reason

Back