Destiny 2

I think I was right about my pvp standing this season. Been tanking pretty hard; just struggling to get to a 1.0+ kd, but running into a lot of non-special instagibbs coming out of corners. Is aim botting a big thing early season (PC), or was I just overestimating my abilities going in on the later half of last season? (Was able to easily hold 1+ kd and hitting 2-3+ kd wasn't out of the question with rare sub 1 runs). Hardlight meta isn't helping, but going against other auto's isn't too bad.

Probably should have spent more time learning the maps instead of shelving it after hitting fabled, haha.

What Leezard said. Plus, Trials has been greatly anticipated, so all the heavies are in there now. Suros can be pre-spun up before peeking for a near instant kill. I'm not planning on wandering in there until closer to mid season. Even then I'm not expecting to get flawless without a carry.

Seasons feel like they are sucking the life out of the game, and now Division 2 is doing them too. I'm not sure how much time I'll be sinking into either game. Not as much as I had hoped anyway.

What Leezard said. Plus, Trials has been greatly anticipated, so all the heavies are in there now. Suros can be pre-spun up before peeking for a near instant kill. I'm not planning on wandering in there until closer to mid season. Even then I'm not expecting to get flawless without a carry.

Seasons feel like they are sucking the life out of the game, and now Division 2 is doing them too. I'm not sure how much time I'll be sinking into either game. Not as much as I had hoped anyway.
Yeah seasons killed Destiny 2 for me. It just feels like you have to constantly grind out the new content to make sure you get it done before the season ends. Otherwise you risk missing out on stuff cause it goes away when then season is over. I don't want to feel like I have to grind it out everyday, then is starts feeling more like a job.

I feel like I understand all that and honestly feel it too, but at the same time here I am, playing it because I just like shooting things in this game over any other game. That combined with the love of checking off boxes and watching numbers grow just keeps me happy.

Stuff like the 4th Horsemen quest yesterday though.. those "busy work" exotic quests are just terrible. There has to be a more exciting way for us to get new exotic.

The Dev report did say they understand that currently seasons lean too heavily on the fear of missing out and after the current planned seasons they are going to change the model some.

I reckon it’ll be a slight change more towards what Black Armory and Menagerie added. Content that doesn’t just disappear after 3 months. But maybe not as involved and resource intensive as those seasons were.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I have to agree: I'm leaning well against the season model thus far with the effects that it's had.

hopefully they do something to fix it, I honestly have 0 drive to log in this season. Menagerie was an awesome addition to the game and makes alot of the content coming after it feel very subpar in comparison.

Made it to 4 wins on a card this weekend. One more than last! Picked up this bad boy too and it feels REAL good.

20200322000455_1.jpg

like this
I have yet to set foot in trials, I really should try for this shotty today

I suck at trials. It's so hideous. I'm not sure I will ever get anything done but I'm at 980 now and the last time I tried it I was 970. It probably won't matter because I'll get waxed by the junkies. At least IB is coming back and I can get something done in there.

I still feel like getting Warmind currency is a bit on the stingy and tedious side.

I suck at trials. It's so hideous. I'm not sure I will ever get anything done but I'm at 980 now and the last time I tried it I was 970. It probably won't matter because I'll get waxed by the junkies. At least IB is coming back and I can get something done in there.

I still feel like getting Warmind currency is a bit on the stingy and tedious side.

Its REAL rough in there, absolutely. Not a big fan of The Anomaly either but that'll change next weekend.

As for Warmind currency, it seems to be flowing in in my experience. Once your bunker is fully upgraded, you seem to get a ton for every playlist activity.

Non-trials related, I played around with the artifact mod Tyrants Surge and the seasonal mod Global Reach on my Striker Titan (top and middle tree). Paired that with Insurmountable Skullfort for possibly infinite shoulder charges. Tyrants Surge grants a chance to spawn Warmind Cells on arc ability HITS (not just kills) and with Skullfort granting two grenades and infinite shoulder charges, that's a lot of Warmind Cell's. The Global Reach mod extends the blast radius of the Cells.

So, jump into a huge group, shoulder charge a red bad and spawn a Cell. Shoot the Cell and everything dies in a pretty large radius and its incredibly fun. I played around with this in Gambit and literally my first wave of ads i got a Massacre medal after shooting the Cell. I checked my Triumphs and that was only my 16th Massacre medal in my whole Gambit history and it was incredibly easy. Motes everywhere.

Definitely try those two mods out together.

Last edited:
like this
This Cast in Iron quest... I'm tired of these silly "gated quests" for Iron Banner. It isn't too bad really but right now I'm having a time with the grendae launcher step. Recommendations?

This Cast in Iron quest... I'm tired of these silly "gated quests" for Iron Banner. It isn't too bad really but right now I'm having a time with the grendae launcher step. Recommendations?

Hm, I finished the quest on two characters but don't remember a grenade launcher step. It was Hand Cannons, SMG's, fusions and bows. SMGs was the worst.

Why do I feel like that was an IB quest from a previous season? Hmmm.

Anyway all it really does is give you the new ritual bow after finishing the fusion step then allow you to turn in tokens.

I'm not bothering to do it a third time, I only really care about the pinnacle level rewards from the 4 bounties.

I will say though on my warlock, empowering rift + le monarque = one shot kills if you hit a crit.

like this
Hm, I finished the quest on two characters but don't remember a grenade launcher step. It was Hand Cannons, SMG's, fusions and bows. SMGs was the worst.

Why do I feel like that was an IB quest from a previous season? Hmmm.

Anyway all it really does is give you the new ritual bow after finishing the fusion step then allow you to turn in tokens.

I'm not bothering to do it a third time, I only really care about the pinnacle level rewards from the 4 bounties.

I will say though on my warlock, empowering rift + le monarque = one shot kills if you hit a crit.

Ah. My mistake. It's hard for me to tell those weapon icons in certain cases. Fusion rifle instead of grenade. Good. I can do that.

I had someone get me with Le Monarque and I bet they were doing what you said there. One shot kill, bang. Amazing. He was good.

I'm slogging along and I'm wondering how far and how high should I rank up the EDZ seraph bunker before concentrating on the moon one?

since i had to work from for the last week i ground out some serious stuff. i went from 975 to 998 this week. Finished my first Leviathan raid and completed the IB quests. Im sitting at 1004 light with artifact. Been crazy but fun. As far as the seraph bunkers i got to level 3 for EDZ and then went to the moon. When i returned to moon i was no longer able to get dailies bounties from the EDZ bunker? anyone else get that?

I'm slogging along and I'm wondering how far and how high should I rank up the EDZ seraph bunker before concentrating on the moon one?

At the very least, starting with all three levels of Discount (i think it was the last column?) is your best bet. Then anything that gives extra bits for activities.

since i had to work from for the last week i ground out some serious stuff. i went from 975 to 998 this week. Finished my first Leviathan raid and completed the IB quests. Im sitting at 1004 light with artifact. Been crazy but fun. As far as the seraph bunkers i got to level 3 for EDZ and then went to the moon. When i returned to moon i was no longer able to get dailies bounties from the EDZ bunker? anyone else get that?

Nice! So the EDZ bunker isn't the weekly challenge this week so that's why you can't buy bounties there. If you hover over the bunker in the Director there shouldn't be a weekly challenge associated with the EDZ bunker but you'll see one for the Moon bunker.

At the very least, starting with all three levels of Discount (i think it was the last column?) is your best bet. Then anything that gives extra bits for activities.

Nice! So the EDZ bunker isn't the weekly challenge this week so that's why you can't buy bounties there. If you hover over the bunker in the Director there shouldn't be a weekly challenge associated with the EDZ bunker but you'll see one for the Moon bunker.

Good. Thanks for the clarification on that. I really am trying to be somewhat efficient about this. Iron Banner has been nice as always. It's my good jinx. ;)

I think I may be to the burnout point in D2. I log in, play for about 20 minutes and get bored. The bunkers just arent interesting enough to me to keep grinding along doing the same things over and over.

I think I may be to the burnout point in D2. I log in, play for about 20 minutes and get bored. The bunkers just arent interesting enough to me to keep grinding along doing the same things over and over.

I'm not terribly far from feeling that way. I continue to come back to my own words and what some others have said in the last several pages: Tedious. Job. Chore. Grinding (some is fine), repetitive but not in a fun way for at least some of it.

Most I’ve played lately is helping a friend finish getting Bastion, and then the 3 of us finally went through Zero Hour and Whisper. That damage buff is amazing in those.

It’s a bit annoying to be grouped with people that don’t want to do content that might take multiple attempts, and still get no where, and simultaneously want to play but don’t care to try collect most of the gear.

I thought Trials was rough the last two weeks.. yikes. Couldn't even manage 3 wins for the drop so far. We'll see what today brings...

like this
I thought Trials was rough the last two weeks.. yikes. Couldn't even manage 3 wins for the drop so far. We'll see what today brings...

Now that I'm finally at 1000 I guess I'll take the plunge again soon.

Ended up managing to scrap by 3 wind for the.... rocket launcher... Meh.

Another ass whooping. I can't believe the difference. It was so fast and ugly. I can kick ass in Iron Banner and then this couldn't be more different.

Another ass whooping. I can't believe the difference. It was so fast and ugly. I can kick ass in Iron Banner and then this couldn't be more different.

Aztecross had a great synopsis of what we've got so far in Trials and where it needs to go. Best i've seen so far.

If it keeps going the way its going, lower skilled players who right now feel hopeless about the mode will be completely gone and it'll be sweats playing sweats and even they will stop bothering.

Aztecross had a great synopsis of what we've got so far in Trials and where it needs to go. Best i've seen so far.

If it keeps going the way its going, lower skilled players who right now feel hopeless about the mode will be completely gone and it'll be sweats playing sweats and even they will stop bothering.

I saw this as well. I haven't even tried trials, after watching this i almost makes me not to want to. The cheaters situation really sux. They should makes some changes because it won't last. Then you have the guys playing to farm tokens, totally not how bungie intended this to turn out. I was looking forward to trying it out but man it sucks to see the state of it right now.

I saw this as well. I haven't even tried trials, after watching this i almost makes me not to want to. The cheaters situation really sux. They should makes some changes because it won't last. Then you have the guys playing to farm tokens, totally not how bungie intended this to turn out. I was looking forward to trying it out but man it sucks to see the state of it right now.

While i'm definitely in the lower tier of player (at least in this mode, I can top frag in quickplay pretty easily) I still have fun in the mode and its made for some great moments. Probably still going to continue to jump in every weekend for a few cards. I look at it like practice, lol.

Speaking of, this poor poor sentinel was so confused last night. Yeah i'm using Revoker/Hard Light, don't @ me.

While i'm definitely in the lower tier of player (at least in this mode, I can top frag in quickplay pretty easily) I still have fun in the mode and its made for some great moments. Probably still going to continue to jump in every weekend for a few cards. I look at it like practice, lol.

Speaking of, this poor poor sentinel was so confused last night. Yeah i'm using Revoker/Hard Light, don't @ me.

Poor bastard.

I've totally wiffed the super on middle storm a lot (pre-update), but that's a different story with your view almost completely fucked. Speaking of which, I haven't checked it out since they changed the view angle; gotta take a look later.

I believe the proper word here is “oof.”

I get that there are junkies and elite players and I have no problems coming in and getting my ass kicked. I understand that. But now if I see there is a cheating problem, too? Forget it. I saw some stuff yesterday and guys making shots across maps...one shot kills... and I was rolling with a couple of people who had played before and it was unbelievable how fast we got put down. Really. Uncanny and amazing things were happening.

For me to be pretty damned good in Iron Banner and then see such a dramatic night and day difference is a little bit suspect.

I'm probably not going to bother with it much in its present form.

Last edited:
Total subject change here, but I've stayed out of the Destiny loop for a while.
Has Bungie committed to keeping D2 going for a certain period of time or is there a confirmed Destiny 3 somewhere on the horizon?

I haven't logged into this game for 2 weeks. I admit I am fatigued with "games as a service" style games in general, but the state of them at the moment, feels damning. I was a Division main before Destiny, and I still return to it on occasion, but their mess is even deeper. I tried to complete the first Bunker when Season of the Worthy released, but I stopped just short because it was just too empty, tedious and boring to me. When the Moon Bunker opened I hopped in long enough to see it was just a copy / paste. Destiny is a wonderful Franchise and the gun play and character mechanics are fun at their core. I like this game and I want it to succeed, but I am simply not enjoying the repetitive, loot lacking, tedious nature of Seasons. When I have played, it typically ends up with me resorting to PvP. I'm an old fart at 51, and I manage to finish mid to upper spots in the casual playlists like Control, but anything sweaty I get destroyed in. I still prefer this over doing the same thing, over and over, for minuscule rewards in PvE. To say nothing of trying to get upgrade resources or complete some of the Exotic quests as a solo player who rarely gets enough time to play in one sitting, to bother with LFG. The game is simply not rewarding. I wish it were otherwise, and I understand a lot of this is part of my fatigue with the genre, but I'm not the only one complaining about these things. I hope Bungie can pull their head out of their Eververse and listen to their fanbase for a minute, because it doesn't matter how you monetize a game that isn't fun to play.

I just got tired of the weekly chores to obtain something that would be godlike for a week and then nerfed into the ground. I bailed on the game about a year ago and immediately got sick of it again when I tried to go back. There's a boatload of content out there, but I still feel like the game ran its course. I got more than my money's worth and I've barely touched anything in the last 12 months. At a certain point I think I'd rather just see them start anew rather than having to retroactively take 3'ish years or content into account at every turn. That's kinda my take on all games that keep adding paid content, though. At a certain point it becomes a slog.

I just got tired of the weekly chores to obtain something that would be godlike for a week and then nerfed into the ground. I bailed on the game about a year ago and immediately got sick of it again when I tried to go back. There's a boatload of content out there, but I still feel like the game ran its course. I got more than my money's worth and I've barely touched anything in the last 12 months. At a certain point I think I'd rather just see them start anew rather than having to retroactively take 3'ish years or content into account at every turn. That's kinda my take on all games that keep adding paid content, though. At a certain point it becomes a slog.

I'm still enjoying the gameplay and some things but... I'm starting to get to feeling like what you are talking about here.

I can always hop on and love the gameplay but yeah, for the less sweaty players or those without a Raid group there is little real progression anymore. It’s something Destiny has been struggling with since D1Y1 and it is improved but has also regressed.

Like public events use to have a bit of purpose, as did doing the flash point for some powerful gear. I don’t even know where the flashpoint is most of the time.

Way back in D1 (I’m talking when light level and character level were still separate and topped out at like 32) PvP didn’t give guaranteed rewards. Post match screen could show 6 people with nothing (it used to show what engrams people received) or you might get a random exotic or bit of pinnacle gear out of a random match. It was rare but you could get above the soft cap through non-sweaty crucible matches.

At the same time D1 hit a lot of content droughts. They hadn’t gone to the concept of seasons, and the first few DLC while fun (I still love Crotas End) didn’t last the months until the next, you literally had weekly raids, and then could do PvP or bounties. Exotic quests were a much rarer occurrence but did serve to break up some of the monotony.

It may be grindy repetitive and preys on peoples FOMO but the seasons are at least an attempt at content. Personally though I prefer the more giant expansions like Taken King and Forsaken were. I’d much rather that sort of content delivery and allow people to digest it at a slower rate over the course of a year. The diehards will still blow through and be in the same boat they are now, sweating it out in bad crucible modes.

what am I ranting about?

Wow. A whole lot of bounce outs and disconnects and it's not my Internet. The traffic and demand must really be high.
I've noticed it happening a lot when trials weekends start, but have gotten quite a few beaver drops at prime-time during the week as well (400/40 plan with personally optimized router).

They mentioned "optimizing" their servers for the beginning of the season and from my observation it looks like they've just loosened the timings and added more instances to increase load stability, rather than adding more hardware servers. It's not as noticeable in most cases [aside from the dropouts], but playing later in the day against foreign connections it's pretty obvious when you compensate for lag shooting.

Wow. A whole lot of bounce outs and disconnects and it's not my Internet. The traffic and demand must really be high.

When Season 10 launched, Destiny 2 switched to a new networking model using Steam Sockets. One of the benefits was DDoS'ing had all but disappeared which was a huge gain seeing that Trials just launched and that was a a big topic of conversation. The downside is it introduced quite a few other networking bugs and you'll likely hear a lot of things like "Season of the Beaver". "Beaver" errors are one of the most common you'll see when you're booted from an activity (all D2 error codes are animals, a short list of some of them can be found here)

Right before the season launched dmg (one of the community managers) tweeted out this link saying this might happen and to help mitigate it, manually forwarding ports was highly suggested and he linked this. Since doing this, myself and most of the people I play with have had significantly less problems but they still occur from time to time.Those Trials matches that turn into 2v3's are great fun....

like this
When Season 10 launched, Destiny 2 switched to a new networking model using Steam Sockets. One of the benefits was DDoS'ing had all but disappeared which was a huge gain seeing that Trials just launched and that was a a big topic of conversation. The downside is it introduced quite a few other networking bugs and you'll likely hear a lot of things like "Season of the Beaver". "Beaver" errors are one of the most common you'll see when you're booted from an activity (all D2 error codes are animals, a short list of some of them can be found here)

Right before the season launched dmg (one of the community managers) tweeted out this link saying this might happen and to help mitigate it, manually forwarding ports was highly suggested and he linked this. Since doing this, myself and most of the people I play with have had significantly less problems but they still occur from time to time.Those Trials matches that turn into 2v3's are great fun....

I will look into all of this but I will say I never saw this before COVID-19 lockdown and such kicked in.

I definitely seen a decent amount of "beaver." Thanks!

Back