Destiny 2

When Season 10 launched, Destiny 2 switched to a new networking model using Steam Sockets. One of the benefits was DDoS'ing had all but disappeared which was a huge gain seeing that Trials just launched and that was a a big topic of conversation. The downside is it introduced quite a few other networking bugs and you'll likely hear a lot of things like "Season of the Beaver". "Beaver" errors are one of the most common you'll see when you're booted from an activity (all D2 error codes are animals, a short list of some of them can be found here)

Right before the season launched dmg (one of the community managers) tweeted out this link saying this might happen and to help mitigate it, manually forwarding ports was highly suggested and he linked this. Since doing this, myself and most of the people I play with have had significantly less problems but they still occur from time to time.Those Trials matches that turn into 2v3's are great fun....
Im going to attempt this fix but its getting annoying. Bungie needs to figure this crap out. The disconnects are a major blight on the game right now. I mean im getting disconnected in the tower, doing raids, doing public event towers, joining many other locations. Its just insane to have these type of issues with it being this old of a game.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Im going to attempt this fix but its getting annoying. Bungie needs to figure this crap out. The disconnects are a major blight on the game right now. I mean im getting disconnected in the tower, doing raids, doing public event towers, joining many other locations. Its just insane to have these type of issues with it being this old of a game.

It was bad for a while until I did the forwarding. I don't think I should have to with UPnP being a thing but I'm just glad I don't have problems anymore.

I'm definitely burned out.
Maxed out the first bunker in a few days and had enough materials to get the second bunker to level 3 when it opened. Got it to level 4 before the newest one opened. Logged in yesterday and played 20 minutes.

I'm definitely burned out.
Maxed out the first bunker in a few days and had enough materials to get the second bunker to level 3 when it opened. Got it to level 4 before the newest one opened. Logged in yesterday and played 20 minutes.

I went to IO and went into the bunker and groaned. I'm going to play some but I'm with you. I've really had about enough of this particular routine.

The disconnects are really getting old. I'm trying to fiddle with the port forwarding settings since it waxes and wanes but ultimately it's up to Bungie to figure this out.

I honestly dont even care about this new season :( I was super excited for it till I found out that its just another rehash of last season but bunkers now instead, played far enough to unlock and clear out the first bunker and haven't found a single reason to really go back since. Will wait for the next season or something super compelling to happen this season, till then FF7 is coming out and VR has been alot of fun so im happy lol

Last edited:
Animal Crossing. I've been sucked in in between Tuesday raids. That's really all I do anymore besides PvP since I've gotten much more into that.

It was bad for a while until I did the forwarding. I don't think I should have to with UPnP being a thing but I'm just glad I don't have problems anymore.
I did the port forwarding and it fixed everything. Not a single disconnect since. None, i've done all 3 tower locations, the Tower, crucible matches and bunkers and no issues at all. Its just sad that we had to do this on our end.....it should be bungie fixing the issue not us.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=13610

If I read this correctly, if you have UPnP enabled in your router you do not need to do the port forwarding as well. True or false?

I also know there is a lot of debate about UPnP.

I'm convinced the UPnP doesn't work, at least not fully, for D2. I've always had it on and these problems didn't lessen until I manually forwarded ports.

I'm convinced the UPnP doesn't work, at least not fully, for D2. I've always had it on and these problems didn't lessen until I manually forwarded ports.
Yeah , since i posted last im still getting disconnects. Not nearly as bad as it was so the forwarding did help but yea UPnP isn't working right for D2 because my router has it and it was horrible before i made the changes.

On a game play note, anyone else kinda board with this season already? i seems like its just blah to me. The guardian games just isn't that fun its alot of grinding for very specific types of kills and such. I played the first few days but got tired of it really fast.

On a game play note, anyone else kinda board with this season already? i seems like its just blah to me. The guardian games just isn't that fun its alot of grinding for very specific types of kills and such. I played the first few days but got tired of it really fast.

I kind of enjoyed putting together builds for maximum Laurel generation but eventually it got old. I got the 7 triumphs, got the Heir Apparent and I'm out.

Also this MG slaps!

I kind of enjoyed putting together builds for maximum Laurel generation but eventually it got old. I got the 7 triumphs, got the Heir Apparent and I'm out.

Also this MG slaps!
i haven't really tried to get the Heir Apparent, im not sure how to even track my triumphs for the quest line. I had some bugs with the system right away, like Eva trying to give me a helmet quest but it could never be completed because she doesn't have a helmet to give. So im not sure everything is working correctly for this.

i haven't really tried to get the Heir Apparent, im not sure how to even track my triumphs for the quest line. I had some bugs with the system right away, like Eva trying to give me a helmet quest but it could never be completed because she doesn't have a helmet to give. So im not sure everything is working correctly for this.

So the Triumphs are under Seasonal > Events > The Guardian Games. You need "Class Act" complete to purchase the weapon.

Maybe that helmet is tied to a past seasonal event? I'm not sure. This event you need the class item you can get from her or Zavala at the start of the event and you have to keep it equipped. Each day the "Medals" Eva has rotate to different activities and you generate laurels while completing them and the bounties.

Honestly, its a bounty simulator but I wanted that gun so I stuck with it. Its significantly quicker to grind out if you have 3 toons.

So the Triumphs are under Seasonal > Events > The Guardian Games. You need "Class Act" complete to purchase the weapon.

Maybe that helmet is tied to a past seasonal event? I'm not sure. This event you need the class item you can get from her or Zavala at the start of the event and you have to keep it equipped. Each day the "Medals" Eva has rotate to different activities and you generate laurels while completing them and the bounties.

Honestly, its a bounty simulator but I wanted that gun so I stuck with it. Its significantly quicker to grind out if you have 3 toons.
I have 3 but they are lower light levels, My hunter is like 887 and my titan is 967. Not sure if they would help much

I haven't even bothered with this event. So far, it sounds horrible and more of a grind than usual. I want the gun, but I haven't been able to force myself to login to do anything other than my weekly raids. I'm basically burnt out on Destiny 2 at this point and crap like this "event" aren't helping.

Yeah , since i posted last im still getting disconnects. Not nearly as bad as it was so the forwarding did help but yea UPnP isn't working right for D2 because my router has it and it was horrible before i made the changes.

Also this MG slaps!
I haven't even bothered with this event. So far, it sounds horrible and more of a grind than usual. I want the gun, but I haven't been able to force myself to login to do anything other than my weekly raids. I'm basically burnt out on Destiny 2 at this point and crap like this "event" aren't helping.
I got to 1001 light before guardian games started and haven't really felt the want to play much more this season.

Hard agree on current state of the game feeling like a bounty simulator. It's kind of sad because I really like the gameplay of D2, I just find a lot of the content has gotten nothing but more repetitive and that the devs want to keep pushing the game more in that direction.

like this
I got to 1001 light before guardian games started and haven't really felt the want to play much more this season.

Hard agree on current state of the game feeling like a bounty simulator. It's kind of sad because I really like the gameplay of D2, I just find a lot of the content has gotten nothing but more repetitive and that the devs want to keep pushing the game more in that direction.

For sure, and that's a pretty huge feeling among the community right now. I'm sticking around regardless as I'm too far invested and still enjoy the core gameplay over other games. In sure they'll turn it around.

Me, too. I'm playing some other games right now and essentially on a sabbatical of sorts.

Jumped back into D2 a little bit lately since I've updated the rig and had a little break. Finally got the last roll I was after of Spare Rations - Rapid hit / Rampage. I don't think I'll ever touch Reckoning again. I also just got the traction mod. Not really a fan of the new towers and can't seem to complete it with randoms.

Jumped back into D2 a little bit lately since I've updated the rig and had a little break. Finally got the last roll I was after of Spare Rations - Rapid hit / Rampage. I don't think I'll ever touch Reckoning again. I also just got the traction mod. Not really a fan of the new towers and can't seem to complete it with randoms.
in the same boat, I just cant bother to grind the towers or the guardian games lol but on a plus note I got my revoker last night finally!

The new version of the seraph towers is insane. I think out of the 15 times i've done them i've completed it 3 times. Your team needs to be coordinated or one of the active towers get neglected.
I got the heir apparent and stopped doing guardian games. I have been doing some of the crucible quest. Working on my recluse (yeah i don't have it yet). Revoker, redrix broadsword......damn this quest is insanely long. I have to do 25 rumble, 25 control, and 25 of something else. Not sure if i will go for anything else for a while.
I just kind of want this season to end lol.

The new version of the seraph towers is insane. I think out of the 15 times i've done them i've completed it 3 times. Your team needs to be coordinated or one of the active towers get neglected.
I got the heir apparent and stopped doing guardian games. I have been doing some of the crucible quest. Working on my recluse (yeah i don't have it yet). Revoker, redrix broadsword......damn this quest is insanely long. I have to do 25 rumble, 25 control, and 25 of something else. Not sure if i will go for anything else for a while.
I just kind of want this season to end lol.
I'm currently making use of momentum control to get the kills for redrix this week. That, Luna's and not forgotten are the only crucible weapons I never bothered to get. This move is GREAT for fast kills.

The 1000 shotgun kills feels like more of a slog than the millions of Seraph towers. I'm at 16% running a 3 shotgun load-out in the Leviathan Castellum. I got bored with it and left

The 1000 shotgun kills feels like more of a slog than the millions of Seraph towers. I'm at 16% running a 3 shotgun load-out in the Leviathan Castellum. I got bored with it and left

Well it doesn't matter much now until they fix it lol

30 minutes in the whisper thrall room with Tractor cannon. Could have nearly had it done in 1 run if i didn't royally fuck up my jumping early on but I got nearly 70% finished on the first run. This and the Shuro Chi encounter for Hunters is the tried and true method for anything that requires kills.

I've heard Castellum works but the enemies can be too spaced out and don't always die as easily as little shadow thrall. You can kill 8-10 of them with one blast with Tractor so the ammo efficiency is there. Dipping into the Heavy Handed charged with light mod is also the play for triple shotguns.

Double shotgun scav, reserves and shotgun ammo finders + taken armaments meant I just used Tractor the whole time. Armaments wasn't even required, I probably used it twice and didn't need to. Went in thinking i'd have to triple shotgun but honestly, i just used tractor the entire time.

30 minutes in the whisper thrall room with Tractor cannon. Could have nearly had it done in 1 run if i didn't royally fuck up my jumping early on but I got nearly 70% finished on the first run. This and the Shuro Chi encounter for Hunters is the tried and true method for anything that requires kills.

I've heard Castellum works but the enemies can be too spaced out and don't always die as easily as little shadow thrall. You can kill 8-10 of them with one blast with Tractor so the ammo efficiency is there. Dipping into the Heavy Handed charged with light mod is also the play for triple shotguns.

Double shotgun scav, reserves and shotgun ammo finders + taken armaments meant I just used Tractor the whole time. Armaments wasn't even required, I probably used it twice and didn't need to. Went in thinking i'd have to triple shotgun but honestly, i just used tractor the entire time.

The jumping to get to the thrall room is exactly why I didnt go that route, I'd lose half my time just trying to get there. No timer in the castellum + infinite spawns. I was using the heavy handed/charged with light set up and never went without ammo. I might try last wish

I ran triple shotguns to get Python last season in Gambit and that wasn’t too painful. Though guardian kills counted more for that, and I’m not sure that would work for this step since it specifies crucible.

I ran triple shotguns to get Python last season in Gambit and that wasn’t too painful. Though guardian kills counted more for that, and I’m not sure that would work for this step since it specifies crucible.

Na, 1000 PvE or between 60 and 100 PvP kills get it done.

Again though, I used 1 shotgun and got it done in 30 minutes (maybe less, actually) in the Whisper mission.

Shuro Chi encounter or Whisper instance is the way to go, I did a combo of the two after getting to 16% at the Castellum. I did most at Shuro Chi since I havent completed whisper on my warlock it isnt "always up" I was getting 60-80 kills round at Shuro Chi before she blew me up. Take a stack of raid banners with you for instant ammo refill at the start. (if you even need it, between shotgun mods I was getting drops like rain)

Shuro Chi encounter or Whisper instance is the way to go, I did a combo of the two after getting to 16% at the Castellum. I did most at Shuro Chi since I havent completed whisper on my warlock it isnt "always up" I was getting 60-80 kills round at Shuro Chi before she blew me up. Take a stack of raid banners with you for instant ammo refill at the start. (if you even need it, between shotgun mods I was getting drops like rain)

Yeah I put on Taken Armaments thinking i would need it but never really did.

Side note, in the Vostok portion of the quest, all the out of bounds invisible barriers are removed and you can cross the bridge to the mountain (old D1 area?) and climb to the top of the mountain. On the other side of the map you can fly out and land on each gondola then eventually all the way to the gondola station. Pretty cool views. Requires a titan with Lion Rampants and a sword to do this with any efficiency.

Of course i Thundercrashed all the way down the mountain.

I did it running dual shotgun/tractor cannon in Sarrows Harbor. We finished like 4 full completions too. Took about 1hr 1/2 to do it completely. I didn't even think about the thrall room.

I did it running dual shotgun/tractor cannon in Sarrows Harbor. We finished like 4 full completions too. Took about 1hr 1/2 to do it completely. I didn't even think about the thrall room.
I went to mars and did escalation protocols, took around 2 hours as well but I honestly had alot of fun doing it so it was a time well spent. Just going ape on everything with only shotguns and scavenger perks ended up just being silly fun, and my god when you get 6-7 thrals bunched up and fire that tractor cannon its hilarious and satisfying :D Also didn't know I had the tractor cannon catalyst till it suddenly completed for me in my 3rd escalation run.

.... Am I re-installing at a bad time? (considering this thread hasn't seen activity in over a week)

.... Am I re-installing at a bad time? (considering this thread hasn't seen activity in over a week)

Kind of, yeah. I live in D2 and I haven't even logged into the game yet this week.

We have one week left in the season so there should at least be some more to do when season 11 hits on June 9th.

Not a simple question to answer. Bungies track record this season has been pretty lackluster. But there are some potentially big story elements all coming to a head at the end of the season in less than 2 weeks. It could be epic, it could be a steaming turd.

If you dont have the 4th horseman shotgun and tommys matchbook auto rifle its worth it for those 2, and they go away on the 11th.

like this
Back