Destiny 2

What's this about a 'crimson day'? Is that like the Christmas event but for Valentines Day?

Yes.

Completed the Whisper Catalyst today (whisper quest/singe now rotates on Tuesdays with the weekly reset). Crafted about 50 blast furnace's during the last week hoping for an ok-ish one with rampage, got none - that sucked.
If you think you have the patience for it try being a Sherpa, I'm sure a lot of them started out the same way, completing their goals then decided to carry new players.

I've been farming my catalyst too. I'm at 42% right now. As for crafting, I've probably crafted at least a dozen Hammerheads. I've gotten only one with Feeding Frenzy and Rampage. Unfortunately, my masterwork is handling which is next to useless. I have tried ones with dynamic sway control and other shit I feel is virtually useless on PC at least. I have been much luckier on the Blast Furnace. I have one with Kill Clip and Outlaw, which I like for PvP and another one with Rampage and Zen Moment. Not great, but at least I have Rampage. I think I've made about 10 of those. The handcannon I've got has quickdraw and shield disruption which I actually like as a supplemental tool. It's a good weapon in general even if it has shit perks.

As for raiding, I've just started doing it more or less. I've gotten the first boss down in the Last Wish Raid and almost got the second down.

Anything super looty or shooty? Being this is my first I would hope for something more than making cookies and getting a sled.

Anything super looty or shooty? Being this is my first I would hope for something more than making cookies and getting a sled.

As I understand it, there will be lots of Crucible and tons of Triumps to farm. It also has a sort of cookie mechanic that's similar to the Dawning event.

Did my first raid ever last night, clan I'm in is VERY active and has a lot of guided runs. Did leviathon, learned I may be somewhat color blind in that event you have to run around the track carrying an orb. I couldnt tell the difference in the one you have to call out from the others.

All in all it was a good run, I got midnight coup and a lot of armor drops. One exotic that I already had (knucklehead radar)

I love the Destiny series, as my many ramblings on here have probably made it clear.. but...

I can't believe this time has actually come. I've finally hit a point where I logged in and didn't know what to do. All raids done, all exotics collected, all pinnacle weapons (outside of Crucible) acquired, Wayfarer title achieved. I'm 1 Infamy reset and 2 Light for Light kills away from Dregen, the Dreaming City Ship away from Cursebreaker and the Scourge of the Past challenges away from Blacksmith.

Though, when I login, I just don't seem to have the drive to grind for anything right now. On one hand, i'm content to just wait until Season of the Drifter but on the other hand, I'm actually kinda pumped to sink some time into Division 2 and hell, even Apex Legends (anyone else play that yesterday? SUPER fun)

I'm still excited for the future of Destiny I just hope some new content can get here fast!

You can start helping some of the rest of us get that stuff done. ;)

Actually you already have and I thank you for it. But more charity is always appreciated. :)

Any of you guys play gambit? I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it could be alot of fun. I'm still a low light level and just hit level 21.

Any of you guys play gambit? I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it could be alot of fun. I'm still a low light level and just hit level 21.

Did a bit of it for some q chain, not really my thing but for me it's doable for a couple matches here and there. My main issue is that if an enemy crosses to my side I'm dead if they spot me, can't even seem to put a dent in them.

Did a bit of it for some q chain, not really my thing but for me it's doable for a couple matches here and there. My main issue is that if an enemy crosses to my side I'm dead if they spot me, can't even seem to put a dent in them.
So you think its a match making issue? That would be unfortunate.
I thinks that is an inherent flaw with all looter shooters when it comes to PVP. The over-geared guys have it easier.

I thinks that is an inherent flaw with all looter shooters when it comes to PVP. The over-geared guys have it easier.
with gambit when someone invades they get an overshield making them alot harder to kill, not to mention there are a few OP weapons that let them 1 hit kill you from range :(

Gambit is honestly very broken now, if you roll against a premade you might as well just go afk as there are so many meta strategies that they use for the most expedient boss kills that unless you're in your own premade group dont even bother. Gambit was awesome when it released but it has been turned into a how to win science so badly its lost its fun, and I constantly run into premades.

Completed the Whisper Catalyst today (whisper quest/singe now rotates on Tuesdays with the weekly reset). Crafted about 50 blast furnace's during the last week hoping for an ok-ish one with rampage, got none - that sucked.
If you think you have the patience for it try being a Sherpa, I'm sure a lot of them started out the same way, completing their goals then decided to carry new players.

Given that I just bought forsaken last night, I like the idea that I have some stuff to do with the content now. The grind does get bad especially when you aren't part of a guild. I too am waiting for the division 2. I played the crap out of the first game. Going to try out Apex Legends later.

Like Drexion said maybe you could start teaching some other non-maxed players how to do the Raids.

You can start helping some of the rest of us get that stuff done. ;)

Actually you already have and I thank you for it. But more charity is always appreciated. :)

You know, that's not a bad idea. Though, i'm not sure i'm totally cut out for it. A few months back we got a group together from this thread to run Leviathan and while we got through it and it went great, I'm not sure being a Sherpa was for me. Not at ALL that I don't WANT to help, just that i'm not sure I could handle that regularly.

WHICH IS WHY I want to invite anyone and everyone looking for a Discord to join up. Alpha, who runs the Discord is the Sherpa who got me through all my first raids and is always creating new LFG's Sherpa runs in the various channels and is open to anyone joining them even with 0 experience.

He uses an automated system that links to the Destiny API called Charlemagne to post the LFG's in the various LFG channels. Just keep an eye out for new ones or vote in the Sherpa Requests channel on what next raid to run.

If you'd be interested, just shoot me a PM and I'll send you the Discord link. it's not my server so i'd rather not put a link here publicly. Yes, the server name is RaidersOnly but its just Alpha being Alpha and nothing is expected of you to stay, don't worry about that.

with gambit when someone invades they get an overshield making them alot harder to kill, not to mention there are a few OP weapons that let them 1 hit kill you from range :(

Gambit is honestly very broken now, if you roll against a premade you might as well just go afk as there are so many meta strategies that they use for the most expedient boss kills that unless you're in your own premade group dont even bother. Gambit was awesome when it released but it has been turned into a how to win science so badly its lost its fun, and I constantly run into premades.
I see, I didn't see that is what happens when you port. The concept is really cool to me, its a great Mix of PvP and PvE. or shall we say PvPvE.

People that want to do gambit/PVP can always hit me up. I'm always open for those kind of game modes.

Gambit I've loved a lot more since picking up a sniper/malf as my setup. Snipe invaders (they still die to a headshot even through overshield) is the most satisfying thing ever. Also lets me leave my power weapon open as hammerhead or something.

Also another tip for Gambit. If you don't have taken armaments from the last wish raid, farm for it. Having basically unlimited heavy is the dumbest/funnest thing ever.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

I play the shit out of some fucking Gambit. I'm mediocre at Crucible but consistently do very well in Gambit. In that mode, I am usually the top performer in motes and kills. I also tend to do very well killing enemy players. I went against a group last night that constantly bombarded us every chance they got. I got 11 guardian kills towards my Malfeasance quest just off invaders alone. Almost all of them were put down with the Ikelos shotgun.

There are ways to mitigate this. If you can, drop off any motes you have. Good invaders will prioritize players carrying the most motes. Also, never move into open sight lines. This opens you up to the Queenbreaker, Sleeper Simulant, and a number of other weapons that can essentially one shot you. Enemy invaders have their light level advantages enabled. They also have a stronger overshield and they can see your name plates as well as how many motes you have through walls. Good invaders aren't necessarily strong PvP'ers. I'm not, but I'll be damned if I can't kill guardians in Gambit. I'm also very good at killing invaders. The thing is, once you know how the system works it makes invasion and dealing with invaders easier.

I don't think there are match making issues with Gambit exactly. Then again, the precise criteria it uses for match making is unknown to me. Gambit is a mode where strategy pays off. There are a number of different ones that work.

Gambit Guide

OK, for those of you who haven't done Gambit or find it difficult, I have some pointers that helped me. I found them on various Youtube videos and articles, which I'm too lazy to go out and re-find. However, I will recite what I know from those sources as well as what I've learned about Gambit. If you want to succeed at Gambit, there are things you need to do in order to maximize efficiency.

Roles in Gambit

The core game play mechanic is mote gathering. You kill enemies and pick up these white triangle things called "Motes." They are also known as "Motes of the Dark." They are sometimes referred to as such in specific quest chains but are usually only known as "motes." The key to winning Gambit is really to roll a premade where everyone has an assignment and everyone knows that job. In a PUG, you can't do that, but you will be able to tell very quickly if your PUGs are good Gambit players and what their preferred roles are. Essentially, everyone kills enemies. Its best if you have two invaders. Invaders get priority on heavy ammunition and the other players do the bulk of the mote deposits and pick ups. Your designated invaders should have a load out that is less PvE focused, and more PvP focused. Invaders should also predominantly go after enemy invaders and run defense.

Unfortunately, invaders and those who primarily kill enemy invaders will need to possess the necessary armor, weapons and exotics that help them succeed. This is NOT a fair or balanced mechanic in any way. Looter shooters like this distribute gear primarily through RNG so play time and luck determines whether or not you'll have access to these items. While I don't possess nearly all the best PvP weapons, I do have what I need to destroy guardians in Gambit, but I'll get to that.

PvE killing (Mote Gathering)

The core mechanic is farming motes by killing PvE enemies. There are several things required here to succeed. The first thing is, don't be reckless. While Guardians can essentially die and respawn all the time, you lose motes when you die which hurts the team. The time you spend dead is also time you aren't killing enemies, not killing guardians, nor charging your supers etc. When killing enemies, precision shots help get the job done faster. You will essentially have to learn the maps and which ones have longer site lines, etc. In ones that do, a good pulse or even a scout rifle can be a good way to get kills and mitigate risk. This is especially useful if you aren't a designated mote runner. You also need to recognize what you are fighting and swap gear out if needed. If you see solar shields you will need solar weapons etc. While match game isn't enabled in Gambit, its a general mechanic that the time to kill enemies with a specific type of shield is longer. With the yellow or orange bar enemies this is even more so. Getting back to knowing your maps, its useful to know where all the portal shortcuts are to move around more easily. There aren't that many Gambit maps so this is relatively easy.

Another mistake I often see from PUGs is allowing motes to expire and blink out of existence. While you can afford to kill a bunch of enemies before going in for collection, (and should) you can't wait too long. If you do those motes are lost. You also do not want to bank your motes too early or too often. I wouldn't ever drop motes off with less than 8-10 and even then 10-15 is preferred. However, the longer you carry motes the greater the risk of losing them. If you are passing by the bank, dropping them off if you have 5 or more is fine. Time you spend running to the bank unnecessarily is time you aren't killing enemies and gathering motes. It also leaves your team short handed at a given location. Your team may be short handed anyway if your invaders are doing their jobs properly.

Supers should be used sparingly. During the first round, you can go ham on the adds if you want. It is advisable to have a hunter tether and a Titan who can kill a ton of adds such as a Striker Titan go in and use their super as this will help generate orbs and charge or recharge everyone's supers. During the second round, do not waste supers on adds, although you can usually afford to have one player do it once early on. There are some gearing considerations that factor in such as masterworked weapons, super mods, etc. which I'll cover later. If you don't have these things its best not to waste the super as you'll need them for the Prime Evil. (Or invasions, as the case may be.)

Boss Killing (Prime Evils)

There are lots of guides out there on boss melting, so I won't get into this too much. There are strategies where certain supers do damage debuffing the boss and leaving it vulnerable to other supers. If you have a Titan, Warlock and Hunter, they can melt the boss in seconds when properly coordinated. This is something people complain about in forums. The thing is, there are strategies to counter this, but that's part of the whole invasion mechanic. Many newcomers to Gambit go ham on the boss when it drops and ignore the adds. Do not do this. In fact, do not bother even trying to harm the boss at all outside of AoE splash damage or something. When fighting the boss, you need to take out the wizards to stack damage against the boss. When the Drifter says the Prime Evil is compromised, that means you have built up stacks and can damage the boss more easily.

In most cases, you will be invaded immediately after getting your Prime Evil. If you haven't done anything to the boss yet, do not let this concern you. Plug away at the adds but watch out for the invader as you'll want to send them packing if you can. Experienced teams won't generally do this, as invading too soon is a waste of time.

Knowing Your Opposing Team

You want to know what kind of team your going against to better prepare your strategies. The main thing is identifying whether or not your opposition is good at invasions or more importantly, if they are a boss melting team. If they are, they are premades and I wouldn't get your hopes up for winning unless your on a premade team yourself. So, you want to watch the opposing team's boss health during their Prime Evil phase to know if they can melt a boss super quick or not. An enemy team that doesn't invade often, you won't need to invade nearly as diligently. Some teams you can beat simply by farming motes faster. But, if you have a boss melting team, then you'll know to definitely have supers up for the Prime Evil phase so that you can delay the opposing team at the right time. You'll want to have both your designated invaders perhaps hold their supers for this rather than using it earlier.

Continued..........

The Invasion Mechanic

The invasion mechanic is the most exciting and frustrating mechanic of Gambit. To open the invasion portal, a team must deposit a certain amount of motes. This opens the portal allowing for guardians to go to the enemy's side and make life hell for the other team. During the Prime Evil phase, the portal moves to a cool down mechanic and is available every few seconds. Only one Guardian can enter at a time and they only have something like 25 seconds or something like that to do their work before getting yanked back. This doesn't sound like very long but its enough time to wipe out another team entirely. Its also an eternity of time in which farming motes, depositing motes, etc. is very difficult.

Its important to understand that the primary purpose of invasion isn't necessarily to kill the other guardians, but to prevent them from depositing motes and to waste the other team's time. That's the bottom line. While an invasion that results in kills and lost motes is best, an invasion that results in no kills isn't necessarily a bad thing. If those players ran and hid to avoid getting killed and to avoid losing motes, then you've succeeded. If players are too busy worrying about your invader, they aren't killing and collecting motes. During the Prime Evil phase, things are a bit different. It is very much the invaders job to kill guardians as each death heals the Prime Evil. It also reduces the DPS being done to the Prime Evil and slows down the defending team.

Defending Against Invaders

The part everyone who doesn't know wants to know, is how to defend against invading players. As I said before, you want to avoid being in open sight lines as it tends to get you sniped from across the map. The next thing you want to do is spread out as much as possible. The invader doesn't have a lot of time so chances are the invader will only get one or two kills before getting sent back. While not ideal, its better than having the entire team die. When invaders show up, I would generally suspend mote gathering or at least, grabbing more than 5. Keep killing enemies, but don't pick up the motes. The enemy won't prioritize you if you don't have any motes and someone else does. While scattering will waste the invaders time, it also wastes yours. Its best to only use the scatter approach when carrying a lot of motes. This way, you minimize the loss if you can't bank before the invader reaches you. The invaders also only spawn in a couple of different places, so scattering from these areas helps to insure you don't get killed. If you aren't right next to the bank when the invasion starts, don't go for it as the invader will most likely attempt to intercept players at the bank.

However, you can't hide from invaders. They can see your location through walls and objects. They know where you are and how many motes you have. There is a number where the normal level number is indicating the total motes. I've actually seen the count and killed each member of the team in order from most to least motes in a single invasion. I've caused teams to lose about 45 motes or more in a single invasion. Needless to say, they don't win those rounds. So, aside from trying to locate the invader and staying away from them, what are your options? Well, as I said you can scatter. However, if you followed my advice and have a premade at this point, simply keep mote carriers away and have your invaders actively try and kill the invader. This is a dodgy proposition as the invader does have a few advantages.

First off, an invader has their full light level advantages enabled. If your at 500, you will get spanked by a 650. You can damage them and even kill them, but the odds aren't in your favor. Chances are, you won't have their level of equipment either. But, if you did your load out correctly and you do have a good light level, invaders make great defenders. You can use many of the same tricks to kill them as they use to kill you. However, unless you are super fast and very good at sniping, you do not want to try and get into a Sleeper Simulant or Queensbreaker battle. You will most likely lose. Invaders have two key advantages. They can't be seen on radar and they have a stronger overshield than your team does. In normal PvP, I can put down a guardian with two shotgun blasts if that guardian is at full health in most cases. However, it takes 3 or even 4 to do the same in Gambit. I've actually fought an entire team at once many times and killed 3 of them in the encounter. Usually I can kill two before they get me, but 3 isn't unheard of. I have at one time killed all four this way. If you are properly equipped, this isn't as hard as it sounds.

So, the best strategy for dealing with the invader actively is to find them as they can be identified with their bright red aura. When you physically see them, move to them while maintaining cover as much as you can. You want to get close and kill them with a shotgun. I'll get into the gearing ins and outs, but a shotgun will have the fastest time to kill outside of a heavy weapon. If the invader is using a machine gun like the Hammerhead, you can do the same. I would cautiously approach the invader but be very aggressive with them. Both your designated invaders should take on the enemy invader and if you converge on the target, you should be able to put them down. If the invader has a long range weapon that can one shot, then closing the distance is really your only option. Unless both designated invaders / defenders engage him at long distance. If your are in a premade, you can coordinate.

Invading

Invading can be a lot of fun. Not everyone is good at it, nor are they necessarily equipped for it. However, the strategies for successful invasions are pretty straight forward. Designated invaders should be allowed to grab the heavy ammunition from the pick up point near your bank. Other players should generally leave this alone. The other players should have a heavy ammunition finder on their gear and over the course of the two or three rounds they should get enough ammunition to kill their Prime Evil. They should also have supers available for this. Your invaders will be using their heavy ammunition and supers on the enemy team. Designated invaders should ideally alternate between each other as that should leave one available with a super for boss melting later on.

Which ever invader has heavy ammunition or a super up (or both) should invade first. If you don't have one or both of these things its almost pointless. There are some guys who will use a sniper rifle with special ammunition for this that are good enough, so that's your call but heavy ammunition and a super is better. Invaders will want to select a super that either offers great mobility or range. One that recharges on kills is even better. Supers that are one and done are generally ill-advised. Spectral Blades is one of the best for this as it provides cloaking capability making it even more annoying. Invaders should prioritize based on motes. Failing that, they should go for the enemy players that are closest together to maximize their kills. This only delays the other team and furthers your teams efforts.

Invasions are also about timing. Especially during the Prime Evil phase. Never invade right away when the enemy team hasn't damaged their Prime Evil. It doesn't accomplish anything. Even if you wipe the whole team out, it doesn't heal the Prime Evil. Of course, you can invade during this time to slow their add killing, but I wouldn't waste heavy weapons or supers to do it in the first seconds of an opposing team's Prime Evil phase. Once you see some damage going out, then its time for your invaders to pull out all the stops and kill the opposing team's guardians. The enemy team will do one of two things. They will either ignore you and try and kill the boss faster or they'll panic and scatter, or try and hide from you. (Which they can't actually do.) Again, this is time they aren't using to kill their Prime Evil, so that's fine. If they are a super fast boss melting team, timing is even more crucial. You also need to stay on them the entire time and chuck invaders at them at every opportunity to heal that Prime Evil.

Gearing

Gearing from a PvE perspective is easy. Use whatever you can get kills with the fastest. If you like a bow, but aren't fast with it, don't use it. You want something you are not only good with, but fast with. A hand cannon and body shots aren't going to cut it. Do use weapons like the Ace of Spades or Sunshot which have AoE splash damage to kill groups of adds more quickly assuming you can make the required head shots to trigger the extra damage. Auto-rifles are trash for PvP, but work very well in Gambit, with Breakneck being the pinnacle weapon for this mode. Not only are the 450RPM rifles the best in terms of DPS, but Breakneck's speed increases with Rampage Stacks (as it procs onslaught) which makes it not only fire faster, but do more damage and reload faster. I also recommend something like the Ikelos shotgun for killing shielded enemies you don't have the appropriate weapon for. I also recommend using the Ikelos to absolutely destroy enemy blockers with. A full magazine from the Ikelos can even put down a Taken Ogre in one well placed shot grouping. Taken Phalanx's get burned in just two to three shots. Any shotgun will do or anything that hits extremely hard like that will do.

For the bosses, I recommend the machine guns. All of them do the same damage and have roughly the same DPS. As a base, Thunderlord is best, but Hammerhead does void damage (good against Taken) and has the ability to have damage improving bonuses such as Rampage. I think, but am not certain that Hammerhead actually comes out ahead of Thunderlord when you have the right bonuses and are using it against the right targets. Either is good, but using Hammerhead does free up a slot for an exotic elsewhere. Avalanche is also fine, but since you can't really farm them the way you can farm that perfect Hammerhead, the latter is likely going to be better unless you got really lucky during the dawning event. Naturally, Whisper of the Worm works well if you can handle it at closer ranges. DARCI would be good, but you can't feed it enough. The Sleeper Simulant is good against bosses, but again ammunition is a problem. In my experience, machine guns are hard to beat. You can use whatever you want. Except grenade launchers. No one should be using those because they are weak as shit.

You'll want to keep those special and heavy weapons fed. You want one heavy ammunition finder and two to three special ammunition finders on your gear if possible. This will keep your special and heavy weapons fed. Primary ammunition finder is useless in my opinion unless you are using bows or your entire group is using Rat Kings. (Which is hilarious BTW.) To be perfectly frank, targeting bonuses should not generally be a priority here. I would favor loading bonuses that will keep your DPS up as long as possible.

For weapons, Rampage or anything that builds damage such as Outlaw are good. Dragonfly and explosive payload or delayed detonation are of no value on bosses, but may help with adds. Dynamic sway control, quickdraw, snapshot sites (except on sniper rifles) and things like that are of little value in my experience. Not only in general, but in Gambit specifically. Stability / recoil isn't a big deal on PC. If you are on consoles, this is a different story. Using a controller with the PC (heresy) puts you in that boat with the console peasants so plan accordingly. For machine guns, you want feeding frenzy probably above anything else because you want faster reloads of those things to maintain DPS. There are other things you can do such as getting behind Titan Barricades etc. to improve damage output and eliminate manual reloading.

For invaders, things are different. Invaders will want to use any exotic that improves their supers or damage output in any way. One Eyed mask for the Titan is an example of this. While melee buffs from armor and exotics are good for PvP, I wouldn't do it in Gambit. Gambit PvP kills are generally going to take place at greater distances or have the potential for this by design. Long range weapons such as the Sleeper Simulant are good, but you can accomplish allot with a Hammerhead as well. A Hammerhead is more versatile and as a result, I think its a great option for invasions. Invaders may also wish to carry a shotgun. I've heard Ikelos isn't good for PvP, but it does work well in Gambit. At least, it does for me. That said, other shotguns give you more range but have a slower fire rate and a lesser spread. A pulse rifle or hand cannon works well for a primary weapon. Pulse rifles give you range, a hand cannon like the Ace of Spades has good damage. Autorfiles are a no go in invasions for the same reason they aren't viable in Crucible. If you have to use an auto-rifle, it should be Hazard of the Cast, Breakneck, or Tiger Spite. If you absolutely must use another auto-rifle because you don't have those, then any 450RPM rifle can be used but again, its never a recommended class of weapons for invasions. Let someone else do the invading if you aren't equipped.

Invader armor bonuses should still have the same ammunition finders on them I'd recommend for any PvE content. You need to feed your weapons and replenish them between invasions. However, targeting bonus perks are good for invaders. Heavy Lifting or anything that gives you super energy faster is also worth having. As always, note that any bonus that uses the word "slightly" in the description of what it does is essentially so small a bonus you'll never notice it. So choose something else. You need every advantage you get during invasions, so that's why I emphasized that here.

I hope that helps some of you out.

Last edited:
I love the Destiny series, as my many ramblings on here have probably made it clear.. but...

I can't believe this time has actually come. I've finally hit a point where I logged in and didn't know what to do. All raids done, all exotics collected, all pinnacle weapons (outside of Crucible) acquired, Wayfarer title achieved. I'm 1 Infamy reset and 2 Light for Light kills away from Dregen, the Dreaming City Ship away from Cursebreaker and the Scourge of the Past challenges away from Blacksmith.

Though, when I login, I just don't seem to have the drive to grind for anything right now. On one hand, i'm content to just wait until Season of the Drifter but on the other hand, I'm actually kinda pumped to sink some time into Division 2 and hell, even Apex Legends (anyone else play that yesterday? SUPER fun)

I'm still excited for the future of Destiny I just hope some new content can get here fast!

PvP and Gambit chasing are pretty much the only thing I do nowadays. PvE is fun to try and get the last diamond/petra's run challenges but yea. At least currently I have NF to chase still. I definitely play less but I'm always willing to jump into PvP if friends are on for it.

I want to say that the range stats in the game looked the same between the Ikelos and Retold Tale. I'll have to check but for the most part all shotguns look inferior to the Ikelos in one way or another. I do realize that in practice, my Particle of Stardust has better range and some of the other shotguns do as well.

I hate slideshot. I think shotgun sliders should all be tossed into a wood chipper.

The range stat is pretty much meaningless almost for shotguns. Why Bungie has such vague displays is beyond me. Do not ever trust the range stat in game or even in DIM for shotguns as there's so many factors that determine a shotguns OHKO range.

like this
If you are doing PUG Gambit matches, things are different. You really just have to hope for the best. Additionally, much of the above advice applies. You just have to see how your team mates behave.

PvP and Gambit chasing are pretty much the only thing I do nowadays. PvE is fun to try and get the last diamond/petra's run challenges but yea. At least currently I have NF to chase still. I definitely play less but I'm always willing to jump into PvP if friends are on for it.

The range stat is pretty much meaningless almost for shotguns. Why Bungie has such vague displays is beyond me. Do not ever trust the range stat in game or even in DIM for shotguns as there's so many factors that determine a shotguns OHKO range.

The stats are vague as fuck, so I believe that. My experience is similar in which the weapons do not always perform as the stats would suggest. The Ikelos seems to hit as hard or nearly as hard as any other shotgun and it's certainly the fastest. However, its range is severely limited. In PvE it has no equal that I've found. In PvP that's a different matter. However, it's worked VERY well for me in Gambit, even against invaders.

like this
If you guys want you can add me on Battle.net my tag is Equ1n0cks#1993 (the number is what they wanted to give me and I was tired of fighting them on names lol).

like this
I didn't have much time to play yesterday, but I got my four kills in a single Gambit invasion which was the last thing I needed to finish the quest for Malfeasance.

It was a premade team of seasoned Gambit players. They kicked our asses overall, but it felt good to take them all out at once like that. I got several invasion kills, but they did enough damage in their invasions to stall our progress. We nearly caught them the second round, but they were one of those boss nuking premade groups.

Its good but I hate that it takes up an exotic slot. That alone is why I don't use it much outside of Crucible. Whisper/Sleeper/Tractor/Thunderlord/Legend of Acrius/Queenbreaker, hell even Black Talon are just too good to not use for things like Nightfalls and Gambit.

Hell with the Legend of Acrius buffs, I may not take it off. Kills most strike bosses in 3 shots.

like this
Do you guys suggest waiting to do exotic quests to get the higher light lvl gears for these? Right now im just leveling from 20 but i think i might wait to complete some these quest lines until i have hit the highest light level i can go.
Or does that even matter?

Do you guys suggest waiting to do exotic quests to get the higher light lvl gears for these? Right now im just leveling from 20 but i think i might wait to complete some these quest lines until i have hit the highest light level i can go.

Shouldn't matter. If you're high enough for the quest and you want the weapon, do it. As you out level Exotics, you can always just pull new ones from Collections that are only 20 levels below your overall max.

Also, if you haven't yet, get started with DIM (Destiny Inventory Manager). Destiny would be a serious chore to play without it, for me at least.

Not at all. You can always pull higher light level versions out of your collections and or infuse them to bring their light levels up.

You know, that's not a bad idea. Though, i'm not sure i'm totally cut out for it. A few months back we got a group together from this thread to run Leviathan and while we got through it and it went great, I'm not sure being a Sherpa was for me. Not at ALL that I don't WANT to help, just that i'm not sure I could handle that regularly.

WHICH IS WHY I want to invite anyone and everyone looking for a Discord to join up. Alpha, who runs the Discord is the Sherpa who got me through all my first raids and is always creating new LFG's Sherpa runs in the various channels and is open to anyone joining them even with 0 experience.

He uses an automated system that links to the Destiny API called Charlemagne to post the LFG's in the various LFG channels. Just keep an eye out for new ones or vote in the Sherpa Requests channel on what next raid to run.

If you'd be interested, just shoot me a PM and I'll send you the Discord link. it's not my server so i'd rather not put a link here publicly. Yes, the server name is RaidersOnly but its just Alpha being Alpha and nothing is expected of you to stay, don't worry about that.

You were an excellent sherpa for us on that leviathan run. You have that mic/should be on the radio voice and the patience, with the ability to explain all the game mechanics in a easy to understand and through format. I can see were regularly might take it's toll. I would be more than happy if you just did a raid every 2-3 week's. I will pm you this week for the discord as i am high enough now to unlock the forges and some raids. I have not unlocked the first forge yet and the only raid i have completed was Leviathan with you and [H] members.

Thanks.

You were an excellent sherpa for us on that leviathan run. You have that mic/should be on the radio voice and the patience, with the ability to explain all the game mechanics in a easy to understand and through format. I can see were regularly might take it's toll. I would be more than happy if you just did a raid every 2-3 week's. I will pm you this week for the discord as i am high enough now to unlock the forges and some raids. I have not unlocked the first forge yet and the only raid i have completed was Leviathan with you and [H] members.

Thanks.

Thanks! I would like to also throw out another shoutout to Draax for helping fill in my derp moments during that run.

Side note..

Oof on Crimson Days. I'm gonna do the PvE bounties to get the The Vow bow but that's about it. Think i'm gonna go the whole event (its only a week) without touching the Crimson Doubles playlist. Nothing about any of that sounds interesting. Anyone enjoying it?

If you're not 650 btw, do everything you can to get that bow. Like with Horror Story, it drops at max power level regardless of your current power so it'll help immensely with the grind. You don't even need to use it, just keep it in your inventory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Draax
like this
Oh crap I forgot about Crimson Days. I guess I'm going to be playing some Destiny this week.

Thanks! I would like to also throw out another shoutout to Draax for helping fill in my derp moments during that run.

Side note..

Oof on Crimson Days. I'm gonna do the PvE bounties to get the The Vow bow but that's about it. Think i'm gonna go the whole event (its only a week) without touching the Crimson Doubles playlist. Nothing about any of that sounds interesting. Anyone enjoying it?

If you're not 650 btw, do everything you can to get that bow. Like with Horror Story, it drops at max power level regardless of your current power so it'll help immensely with the grind. You don't even need to use it, just keep it in your inventory.

The bow is super easy to get, I got it in an hour without doing crucible. I did jump into crucible and got paired up at random with someone. It is an interesting take on it, I got smoked of course but it was entertaining. Going in with a premade FT is the way to go as that is what I faced both times I tried it.

So i went to talk to Shaax and do some crimson days stuff and i couldn't understand were to start the quests (besides doing crucibles)? What am I missing?

So i went to talk to Shaax and do some crimson days stuff and i couldn't understand were to start the quests (besides doing crucibles)? What am I missing?

They are just normal bounties, not quests. Like do a 2 man nightfall, do 2 public events with a partner, do a heroic story mission with a partner. There are a couple you can do solo

The bow is super easy to get, I got it in an hour without doing crucible. I did jump into crucible and got paired up at random with someone. It is an interesting take on it, I got smoked of course but it was entertaining. Going in with a premade FT is the way to go as that is what I faced both times I tried it.

All you need to do is a couple of the bounties and a nightfall to get the bow.

All you need to do is a couple of the bounties and a nightfall to get the bow.

Yeah, I got the bow, the sparrow and spent about 120 on the gift with the random item (which were all shit BTW) without doing crucible other than the two matches I tried just for shits and giggles.

Ok I caved and a buddy and I have been having a blast in Crimson Doubles. I don't understand it but the two man, sticking together and lower chaos matches are super fun.

like this
Pretty pumped to be a reset away from Dregen, finally.. Haven't dug into Gambit since the 2 day Breakneck bender we went on when that dropped.

We got a 4-stack tonight and completed the Protect the Runner Triumph which requires one fireteam member to deposit 100 motes without losing any in a match and the whole fireteam gets the Triumph.

Our strat was, in addition to designating an invader, designate the mote collector. Top tree Striker Titan w/ Skullfort, or "smashy boy" as we call it works best for this with unlimited shoulder charges. Me and the last fireteam member were just sitting back with pulses/scouts picking guys off and killing invaders as our smashy boy collected motes. Worked beautifully and got it on our first try.

All I need now is to finish this 3rd reset to buy the Ghost shell and 2 more Light vs Light kills.

That involves killing an invader while their super is active...

I need 2 more.. how the hell did this not count????

like this
Back