Destiny 2

So to finish the Mysterious Box and get the Black Armory key I have to do Leviathan first, is that correct? If so then I'm going to have to try and meet up with some people to get that done or I'm hosed.

Nope, just farming the watchers in the Leviathan Underbelly. Like I said, it can be done solo in 10-15 minutes.

The Engine Room is the quickest to access as its the first room you get to when you enter.

https://duriandata.com/destiny2/raid-ninja.jsp

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Is Shattered Throne really worth doing because I just wasted a half hour of my life on that nonsense. Enough of that for now. Moving on to something else...

Shattered Thone and the Whisper mission are probably my favorite pieces of content in Destiny 2. The atmosphere, visuals and music are just incredible. Boss fights are actually difficult, too. They take strategy and research to find out what works and what doesn't and are super rewarding when you get through them.

While there IS a Triumph for completing Shattered Throne solo (+another for solo AND flawless), its far easier with a 3-man fireteam. Personally, I have no interest in the solo completion.

like this
Is Shattered Throne really worth doing because I just wasted a half hour of my life on that nonsense. Enough of that for now. Moving on to something else...

Absolutely! It's one of the best pieces of content in the game right now. If you tried to solo it, I can see why you would get frustrated. Think of it more as a 3 player mini-raid.

Absolutely! It's one of the best pieces of content in the game right now. If you tried to solo it, I can see why you would get frustrated. Think of it more as a 3 player mini-raid.

I should have known. I went in 650 offense and defense, loaded up Reverie gear and made sure any aug that had the "take more damage in Dreaming City" was taken out and it's still absurd the damage I take and the bullet sponge on the enemies.

So I'll try to get something going with some people at some point. *shrugs*

I really want to get Black Armory armor in a bad way.

I should have known. I went in 650 offense and defense, loaded up Reverie gear and made sure any aug that had the "take more damage in Dreaming City" was taken out and it's still absurd the damage I take and the bullet sponge on the enemies.

So I'll try to get something going with some people at some point. *shrugs*

I really want to get Black Armory armor in a bad way.

The Reverie Dawn armor only helps you if you have Transcendent Blessing mods in it. You can put those in anything really. Its important to have armor bonuses that compliment your gear and play style. There is also a ton of strategy that goes into the mechanics of the last fight. This includes ideal weapons, group composition, etc.

like this
The Reverie Dawn armor only helps you if you have Transcendent Blessing mods in it. You can put those in anything really. Its important to have armor bonuses that compliment your gear and play style. There is also a ton of strategy that goes into the mechanics of the last fight. This includes ideal weapons, group composition, etc.

There are two Queen's Bounty Purification Rituals that I have and one of them stated used a full get up of Reverie while Ascended so I was trying to go for that.

I always try to dial in the armor bonuses and perks to my play style as much as I can otherwise.

I have Transcendent Blessing now on Helmet, chestpiece, and grasps. I don't have them for boots or cape currently.

I'm ValguardTVE#1762. You and any others around here are certainly welcome to add me if you want. Hope to run into you at some point! :)

Nope, just farming the watchers in the Leviathan Underbelly. Like I said, it can be done solo in 10-15 minutes.

The Engine Room is the quickest to access as its the first room you get to when you enter.

https://duriandata.com/destiny2/raid-ninja.jsp

Good Lord what a PITA. I won't be getting this done any time real soon. His notes say 153246 from left to right but what he's doing in that video seems to say something else. Everyone is bitching about how absurdly fast you have to be. No other way to get all that done?

Good Lord what a PITA. I won't be getting this done any time real soon. His notes say 153246 from left to right but what he's doing in that video seems to say something else. Everyone is bitching about how absurdly fast you have to be. No other way to get all that done?

It's definitely 153246. You do have to be fast but don't wait around at all for the switch to move, always be running. It's easier with more people but definitely doable solo.

like this
Finished up my Izanagi's Burden. This thing is a monster. Hits for like 250k in a well LOL.

Jealous! Buddy I'm running with doesn't have a rare bounty so we've been farming for it. It looks cool as hell.

like this
anyone running forges or any raids for that matter and needs another member of their fireteam hit me up BadGrandpa#11544 I am generally on about 11AM for an hour or so then again about 1:30 AM for an hour or two LL 625 titan

like this
It's definitely 153246. You do have to be fast but don't wait around at all for the switch to move, always be running. It's easier with more people but definitely doable solo.

Ok, so don't even wait for motion of switches or anything.

Hit the prompt and bang bang bang and see if I get lucky. LOL, we'll see later if I can do it. Some of the stuff in this game just is a little too cute for words given the gameplay mechanics and how some of it comes together IMO.

I'll be switching my armor or whatever temporarily and maxing out mobility... A lot of this stuff I'm really going to have to start getting real about fireteams or moving to an active PC centric clan because contrary to some of Bungie's original PR and press, there just ain' any way around it for certain events and circumstances.

Last edited:
Ok, so don't even wait for motion nothing. Hit the prompt and bang bang bang and see if I get lucky. LOL, we'll see later if I can do it. I'll be switching my armor or whatever temporarily and maxing out mobility... A lot of this stuff I'm really going to have to start getting real about fireteams or moving to an active PC centric clan because contrary to some of Bungie's original PR and press, there just ain' any way around it for certain events and circumstances.

Pretty much, yeah. I did a raid on /r/destinysherpa a while back and friended one of the guys in the group. I started playing with him because our play scheduled seemed to line up and decided to join his clan (mine was dead at the time, RIP [H] clan). Groups of us usually running from 6PM EST on during the week then all weekend mostly.

This is the clan, i think you can apply from that page but i'm not sure: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=3002773 (you have to be logged into bungie.net)

Its technically the clan for a streamer that honestly I don't watch but it doesn't seem to matter. I still get the clan perks!

like this
Bergusia Forge is a real PITA. My least favorite. Izanami is arguably my favorite.

Bergusia Forge is a real PITA. My least favorite. Izanami is arguably my favorite.

It is tough, no doubt. So many exploding shanks and snipers. I really wanna run Riskrunner for the overshield but I like Whisper too much for boss DPS. There is an area almost right under the platform you drop down into from where its easier to not die to snipers. I usually stay parked in that area.

We were talking about just plopping a well down with a Warlock wearing Phoenix Protocol so we're probably going to try that tonight.

Buddy and I are still grinding for his Rare Bounty so we can progress in the Izanagis Burdgen quest.. ugh. He's getting super unlucky.

If you guys haven't gotten to that step yet, make sure you DON'T turn in any Rare Bounties from Ada!

like this
Now that I've taken a break for a few weeks I think I'm ready to come back to Destiny. With all of the new content - what's the current level cap? I was at 590'ish out of 650 I think.

like this
Now that I've taken a break for a few weeks I think I'm ready to come back to Destiny. With all of the new content - what's the current level cap? I was at 590'ish out of 650 I think.

Still 650 and that won't go up again until March so you have some time to catch up. There are now 4 forges open and two new exotic weapons to chase (3 if you count Le Monarque).

Pro tip: Keep any Rare Bounties you complete and don't turn them in just yet. Also, keep all Forge armor until you have a full set, this will be useful later.

Still 650 and that won't go up again until March so you have some time to catch up. There are now 4 forges open and two new exotic weapons to chase (3 if you count Le Monarque).

Pro tip: Keep any Rare Bounties you complete and don't turn them in just yet. Also, keep all Forge armor until you have a full set, this will be useful later.

I have been a cashing machine this past week on bounties so I'm hosed at least until the reset. Take rare bounties after reset and then hold?

I really want that armor. I have two pieces at present.

The RNG lock behind finishing the quest is another terrible idea by Bungie this week. I was lucky that I happened to have a partially completed rare bounty, and I actually got another one last night when turning in the daily bounties. But then you have people, like criccio's friend, that are getting screwed. To make it worse, if you don't get it done this week, you have to wait 3 weeks until Shattered Throne is back.

The RNG lock behind finishing the quest is another terrible idea by Bungie this week. I was lucky that I happened to have a partially completed rare bounty, and I actually got another one last night when turning in the daily bounties. But then you have people, like criccio's friend, that are getting screwed. To make it worse, if you don't get it done this week, you have to wait 3 weeks until Shattered Throne is back.

He better get it before reset.. lol. Else i'm gonna be finding another group to run Shattered Throne! lol

I have been a cashing machine this past week on bounties so I'm hosed at least until the reset. Take rare bounties after reset and then hold?

I really want that armor. I have two pieces at present.

So the Rare Bounty specifically you can't get normally, its all RNG if it will drop when you turn in normal daily bounties with Ada. There is also reports of just completing Forges can also drop Rare Bounties. There is a step in the Mysterious Box/Izanagis Burden quest line that requires you to turn in a Rare Bounty so you'll want to hopefully get one (pure RNG) then sit on it till you get to that step.

What's worse is I know one of the Rare Bounties you can get requires 50 forge charges. 2 charges per run so that's 25 forge completions. ROUGH. Meanwhile, another one requires only 6 completions.

They did something cool with armor now. Prior to this new forge, you had a chance at getting an armor piece once a week per character ( right? or was it twice a week). Either way, now you can buy "Forge Polymer" from Ada that when applied, gives you a "Polyermized" buff that when you complete a weapon frame in the Forge, you will also get an armor piece.

I was lucky and we ran Bergusia 6 times last night for Kindled Orchid frames and I got all my armor on my Titan in one evening.

Just gotta make sure you have enough Black Armory Schematics available to buy the Polymer.

like this
Yup, I had enough to buy one forge polymer but that was it. It will take a bit of time to get a full set. Just hoping I can figure out some of this other stuff.

I ran across a guy using it the other day and it's stupidly broken lol. It's basically a rocket launcher that uses special ammo.

It's a rocket launcher with the speed of a grenade launcher, that uses special ammunition. It's one more example of what I said earlier in the thread about the PvP being the most unbalanced and broken pile of shit I've ever seen.

like this
It's a rocket launcher with the speed of a grenade launcher, that uses special ammunition. It's one more example of what I said earlier in the thread about the PvP being the most unbalanced and broken pile of shit I've ever seen.

It's woefully inconsistent to be sure. I go in and do Crucible Quickplay to get my weekly done and that's it.

I like Mayhem when it's around because it's short and sweet.

It's woefully inconsistent to be sure. I go in and do Crucible Quickplay to get my weekly done and that's it.

I like Mayhem when it's around because it's short and sweet.

Yep. Even when you are getting your ass handed to you brutally, it doesn't take long. I like that mode somewhat because the playing field feels a bit more level there. Although, hunters with Spectral Blades still rule that mode. I do get my kills in though. I tend to run a Sunbreaker Titan. The Hammer of Sol has great range to it and hits like a freight train.

like this
finally started running the 1st forge, just set my fireteam to public and dove in. It's amazing how many people cant figure out what to do and spend more time dead than alive.

MmmmMMmMmmm

Destiny 2 Screenshot 2019.01.11 - 22.24.03.19.png

like this
Lemme know when you get the Rare Bounty from Ada! Do you have the rest of the keys from the first three forges?

I have everything to try and finish Mystery Box. I need to get into Leviathan underbelly.

I have "Might of the Armory" rare bounty. It wants two Raids and Shattered Throne done with full set of Black Armory armor which I don't have so it's inapplicable for me. This one is a long ways off for me trying to get done.

O man, that is a super unlucky rare bounty...

Hell it might even be worth dismantling it and waiting for a new one if you don't raid regularly.

like this
Back