Destiny 2

All of year 1 I only ran one character; just didn't want to put in the time for all 3. I was convinced to do it by a clanmate and boy, the level jumping you can do is amazing. I would have been in the 580's had I done this sooner.

Also the Corrupted strike mission at 580 you need to do for the Malfeasance questline.. don't try that at 560. Ouch.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I've given up on trying any missions where I'm more than 10-12 levels lower than the recommendation. They're absolutely possible, but the amount of care you have to take just isn't worthwhile. I've managed to do a couple, but they were 20-minute missions that became hour long missions.

like this
All of year 1 I only ran one character; just didn't want to put in the time for all 3. I was convinced to do it by a clanmate and boy, the level jumping you can do is amazing. I would have been in the 580's had I done this sooner.

Also the Corrupted strike mission at 580 you need to do for the Malfeasance questline.. don't try that at 560. Ouch.

How does that work? Wouldn't you just catch up fast and stall at roughly the same place?

I've given up on trying any missions where I'm more than 10-12 levels lower than the recommendation. They're absolutely possible, but the amount of care you have to take just isn't worthwhile. I've managed to do a couple, but they were 20-minute missions that became hour long missions.

Right. You can only cheese so much. The truth is there's a lot of stuff here that really can't be done solo if we get down to it.

How does that work? Wouldn't you just catch up fast and stall at roughly the same place?

Once you do catch up, just having more characters to find Primes on seems to help. I move my highest guns to the character i'm playing at the time which usually helps boost the PL of the powerfuls I pick up. I just hope that it's armor and not guns...

Does the level boost thing with the expansion skip the initial campaign?

Does the level boost thing with the expansion skip the initial campaign?
yes, skips the original campaign and the first 2 expansions and gears your character to Power level 330, it makes your character ready to start the forsaken story

I love how my Youtube sub box had it's first Week 5 Ascendant Challenge walkthrough by 1:18PM EST. The weekly reset was at 1PM EST.

Some guys.. have all the time.

As a Warlock main who's leveling my Hunter and Titan, can I just say how much I despise this weeks Ascendant Challenge?

Ascendant Challenge... something else I may never get done in this game.

Just finished this ascendant challenge and I died like 3 timegs getting there and once fighting the witches. Key was my void arsenic bite bow and my sleeper simulent. Bow knocked their shield down in 1 shit then 4-5 sleeper shots killed one.

I've never done an ascendant challenge. In fact I don't even know how :p How do they work?

I'm enjoying Destiny 2 so much that I went ahead and bought the Destiny 1 collection for xbox so that I could play through the campaigns and get some more lore...

....what is wrong with me.....

I'm enjoying Destiny 2 so much that I went ahead and bought the Destiny 1 collection for xbox so that I could play through the campaigns and get some more lore...

....what is wrong with me.....

LOL You have more ambition than me the problem with the first game the AI is so bad it's dated except for the bosses. The game was really fun with the loot cave exploits in the 1st game. Also try out the House of Wolves chamber that awards stuff after getting though 3 rounds of shooting stuff.

If nothing else, Destiny 1 has a shitload of content. Good content, too. After all of the Taken King and Rise of Iron stuff came out I started over from scratch. It must've taken me a month to get through everything, and that's without even touching most of the multiplayer stuff. Per my Xbox friends apparently there are still a lot of people playing Destiny 1 Crucible. It's probably nothing but hardcores at this point, but I guess finding a match is no problem.

This Chaperone can get fucked … when you get killed your percentage goes down with the elemental kills. Waste of time.

This Chaperone can get fucked … when you get killed your percentage goes down with the elemental kills. Waste of time.
Just focus on 1 element at a time, when one reaches 100% it becomes locked in, also ability kills count towards the elemental. Between matching my class abilities to NY secondary I was able to get each element to 100 in 2-3 matches each.

Reactions: Draax
like this
Ascendant Challenge... something else I may never get done in this game.

Whys that? Pop a tincture and jump in, you'd be surprised how solo-able they are, at least some of them. Others not so much. This weeks is. 90% of it is the annoying as hell jumping puzzle. Once you get to the bottom its two witches. Super one down then auto-shotgun/grenade the second and you beat it.

like this
I've never done an ascendant challenge. In fact I don't even know how :p How do they work?

I'll be honest, I wouldn't be anywhere if I went into all this blind. Between /r/destinythegame on reddit and a bunch of popular Destiny Youtubers, you can get tons of information.

So starting with the Redeem boys beating the Last Wish Raid, it set the Dreaming City in a 3 week cycle. You may have noticed this past week the Dreaming City looked pretty normal, however the two weeks before it was all.. for lack of a better adjective.. "blighty". The three weeks the Taken "infection" grows and this past week was the reset to how it was week 1 where the infection is at its lowest. I could go on and on about the Lore of all this but that's better done by mynameisByf on Youtube and others if you're interested.

Anyway.. every Tuesday at 1PM EST is the big Weekly Reset and its a pretty big deal in Destiny. All your challenges for Powerful Engrams reset and along with those are Petra's Weekly bounties which are the strongest rewards (outside of the Raid itself) to do each week. She has two each week, one being the Ascendant Challenge and the other is to run Blind Well. You pick up the Bounties from her every Tuesday then work on them throughout the week to complete your Powerful rewards.

Each week, a hidden portal will be somewhere in the Dreaming City. The only way to see this portal is to take a Tincture of Queensfoil which is a consumable you receive from various activities in the Dreaming City (you probably have a few). Once you do, you become "Ascendant". Now, there are a few things this is useful for but it mainly allows you to see things everyone else who isn't Ascendant can't see and one of which being the Portals to enter the Ascendant Challenge.

If you're just wandering around the Dreaming City and you see a message in the bottom left of the screen that says "the seem between realities grows weaker", this is telling you that somewhere near is the portal to that weeks Ascendant Challenge. Pop a Tincture and go looking!

So far there has been 4 individual challenges that I've done (one per week) and I think I remember reading there are 4 or 6 total that will rotate each week. Generally, there is some kind of jumping/platforming puzzle and a fight with some other mechanics mixed in. Some are tougher than others but so far I've been able to solo all of them.

However, if you die inside the challenge, it spits you back outside of the portal and you need to start again. Secondly, that Tincture of Queensfoil only last's 30 minutes so you need to beat the challenge before that. I'm not actually sure what happens in you're in the challenge when that runs out.. hmm. I'm assuming you die.

Whoa, talk about a tangent. This game is just so damn cool right now I could go on and on.

If you want to level up, get as many things done that reward Powerful Engrams as you can. However, not all Powerful Rewards are created equal so some wonderful people put this together to help us figure out what is worth doing for the best rewards each week.

zrYOufn.png

Whys that? Pop a tincture and jump in, you'd be surprised how solo-able they are, at least some of them. Others not so much. This weeks is. 90% of it is the annoying as hell jumping puzzle. Once you get to the bottom its two witches. Super one down then auto-shotgun/grenade the second and you beat it.

I must simply not have been ready. I'm around 545ish now. Is that good enough?

I must simply not have been ready. I'm around 545ish now. Is that good enough?

I should think so. I think the recommended power level is 540ish?

I soloed the first challenge week 1 just fine and I think I was lower than 545 at that point.

like this
So, I'm actually getting exotic drops again. Nothing new, but at least they're still in the game. I've gotten two in the last day. Unfortunately both were helmets...and seemingly everything else that drops is, too.

As far as leveling goes, I feel like I'm kinda stuck around 530, where I've mostly been for the last two weeks. It has been slow going.
On the plus side, the Vestian Dynasty (a sidearm) has become a new favorite for me. It hits hard and headshot kills lead to a pretty massive elemental explosion. Thanks to poor drops (I keep getting helmets), I've been stuck using it...but it turned out to be really good for nearly every game mode.
I'm convinced the Chaperone is some kind of joke. It doesn't totally suck, but it's not worthy of an exotic slot and it's definitely not worth tanking your K/D ratio for. It just doesn't do enough damage.

Yeah, if its not going to give you a powerful engram, don't bother doing it if you want to level quickly.

The method i've been using for each character is on Tuesday after the reset, go to the tower and grab Eververse, Strike, Crucible and Gambit and Clan bounties then begin working on your daily and weekly challenges. As you do the daily's and weekly's you'll inevitably be completing the bounties of which you need 20 for Ikora's powerful engram. Once I do all that, I move on to Dreaming City where the biggest rewards are.

Even with only playing one character and only on the weekends, if you're able to complete all that, you should be able to jump 10-15 levels in a week.

like this
Welp, plans to raid this afternoon fell through so me and one other guy decided to try and run the first encounter (Kalli) two man. Well, we're apparently not very good and could only get one damage phase before dying to overwhelming ads in the center.

The worst part is this first encounter has been solo'ed... smh..

I'm 580 and my buddy was 585 too. Oof.

I think with only two of us though, our class/super was much more important and we just went it with what we had.

Yeah, if its not going to give you a powerful engram, don't bother doing it if you want to level quickly.

The method i've been using for each character is on Tuesday after the reset, go to the tower and grab Eververse, Strike, Crucible and Gambit and Clan bounties then begin working on your daily and weekly challenges. As you do the daily's and weekly's you'll inevitably be completing the bounties of which you need 20 for Ikora's powerful engram. Once I do all that, I move on to Dreaming City where the biggest rewards are.

Even with only playing one character and only on the weekends, if you're able to complete all that, you should be able to jump 10-15 levels in a week.

Do you think Fireteam Medallions still help with anything if someone is this far along with development?

Do you think Fireteam Medallions still help with anything if someone is this far along with development?

They might have an impact on Prime drops but to be honest, I'm not sure. TBH I don't worry about them all that much

It does help with XP gains for Eververse rewards.

like this
Here we go, so much to do again. 581 max now on my Warlock (rest are 577 max) so I'm hoping to break 595 max by next reset.

I just feel this need to hit 600 so I can just relax and focus on getting god rolls instead of constantly leveling. That and.. I dunno play other games? lol

I just want to go back to wearing my old armor instead of looking like a bug, a hobo, or some kind of Mad Max reject. As much as I like most of the new weapons, I *hate* the new armors.

Some are totally weird, I agree. I've been trying to stick with Reverie Dawn gear for the most part for that buff/debuff in the dreaming city and its alright on my Warlock. The other two i don't care about much and they do look terrible.

Then again, in RPG's the leveling phase you're just equipping the better gear until max level anyway so this is kinda par for the course.

I know when Iron Banner was around for that week the armor from that was cool as hell. You can check it out (and if you got any of it) on destinyset.com. I'm not much of a collector but if I was, that site is a gold mine for managing what you have and don't have.

Black Talon sword for Gambit invades. Mmm.

It's a sword and rocket launcher all in one!

I haven't followed this since d2 launch. Whats the state of the game now?

Basically where it should have been a year ago.

So much to do it can be overwhelming, the most challenging raid potentially Destiny's history, a mini 3-man "raid", a handful of new questlines that reward exotic weapons, totally revamped weapon ammo system which I now love... More that I can't think of at the moment.

Forsaken is worth it.

Would now be a good time to start playing for someone who's never played a destiny game?

Got around to completing the first two expansions - Curse of the Osiris was ok nothing special. Warmind was certainly an improvement over Osiris and more enjoyable to play through. Still playing quite casually, will start Forsaken sometime soon.
Would now be a good time to start playing for someone who's never played a destiny game?
From Oct 16 sure.

1hkf1m.jpg

Also I'm pumped for the Haunted Forest! The 16th is going to be nuts.

Weekly reset, Shattered Throne returns (finally high enough light to do it), Festival of the Lost and the Haunted Forest.

Holy crap this going to be a busy week!

Back