Dell U2410

does anyone else have this problem?

sometimes when I'm rebooting or coming out of sleep my U2410 doesn't power up. I have to physically unplug the power cord and plug it back in and then it works... I had a similar issue with an old Westinghouse TV I used to have.. does anyone else see this??

DP has this problem, test with DVI to check.

My u2410 will arrive this Monday. Does anyone know the best setting for watching movies? Please post here if you have custom color as well.

Also what should I know beforehand?

is this the best 24 inch 16:10 on the market? so far all my research points this way..any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Rev 04
U2410f
May 2011 / Made in Tacos
No dead pixels and tints

Some tweaks to get with, but blew my mind in an instant. Best thing I've ever spent despite it cost me an arm and a leg. Runs hot though.

I'm looking at buying this monitor used, if the person I'm buying it from isn't the original owner then is the warranty is out the question or is it tied to the serial number? Is there any setting on the monitor I use to check the lifetime usage? Thanks

Ok, dell u2410 or u2711 ?
Will use it with my acer timeline 4830tg and will use it for watcing videos, web browsing and basic photo editing.

Ok, dell u2410 or u2711 ?
Will use it with my acer timeline 4830tg and will use it for watcing videos, web browsing and basic photo editing.

Just pulled the trigger on this one after buying it for a friend. Seeing the colors live, there was no avoiding this. I cannot wait to work on my photographs on this one. Soon I will have a small museum of 24xx´s :D

My friend got a Rev A05, I´m hoping for the same. Thanks for icc link Spoony.

What is the latest Rev people are getting here in the USA? I just ordered one for $500 shipped and was wondering what Rev new ones are..

Im in Denmark and got a Rev A05
Made in Czech
Date of Mfg: March 2011
Model # U2410f

This panel has cyan/magenta tint going from left to right. It can not be fixed in calibrating. It blows. Want to return this, sigh.

Got my U2410 today. Rev 05. And I could swear that this has less AG coating then my Rev 03 had. No dead or stuck pixels, no backlight bleed everything seems perfect...

Anyone else here who have seen or heard about a flaw in the U2410 manifesting as a dotted green line of vertical pixels on the edge of the panel (in this case on the right side).

The green line only shows up in Adobe and sRGB mode.

Could it be my video card? Could try to put in my 4870...

Any advice much appreciated before I return this panel.

Last edited:
Is paying extra for 4-5 year Advanced exchange worth it on Dells website? This is a new feature I haven't seen since I ordered a 2405FP back in 05. Will anything besides pixels be be covered on the exchange warranty or no?

My U2410 will be here tomorroo! oohh I can't wait and be back in 24" happy land! I hope its good outa the box so I don't have to play the exchange game like I did with my 2405FP six years ago to the month.

FedEx just made my friday! Got it finally setup, switched to sRGB mode and wow!! I forgot how big and beautiful a 24" screen is since I sold my 2405FP 6 years ago. I can't imagine a 27" or 30" LCD, but for that price, i'd rather get a new TV.

Got it for $478 discounted $50 with warranty upgraded to 4 years. Panel made in July 11, Rev A05. I almost don't wanna mess with the settings, it awesome just as is. No dead/stuck pixels and no BLB from what I can tell in the daylight. Woo, im gonna be busy playing RIFT all night with this bad boy!

wowbig.jpg

Hi guys, i have dell U2410 since September 2009, with no problem until today (except 1 red dot, which wasn't annoying for me). The last days at right side some grey areas showed up. Imagine it looks like dirt but from the inside. I remember in an old samsung tft display i had a similar problem, but then it was clear burn-in effect problem. I'm worried beacause usually i open a browser at the left, and at the right i have constantly my windows gadgets open, so is there the source of the problem?

Should i ask a replacement unit (in warranty) ? Or will it go away after a while?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
0228g.jpg

Should i ask a replacement unit (in warranty) ? Or will it go away after a while?]

If that shadow stays there between modes (try switching between sRGB and GAME) there is something really wrong here. Contact Dell. My guess is that you need a new display.

Have the option of getting two U2410s for $225 ea off craigslist that are supposedly new and with original cables/packaging, but with no warranty. I'll have the ability to check them out before buying, but do you think it's worth risking it at this price?

I've started noticing a problem with my U2410. My desktop is plugged in via HDMI, and does audio out to the speaker bar. Occasionally, it just drops for no discernible reason. Rebooting the monitor fixes it.

The easy fix would be to plug in the speaker bar directly to my desktop, and honestly would be fine given how I'm actually using it, but I have my laptop hooked up via displayport, and it can output that audio as well. It's nice having just 1 set of speakers for 2 computers.

Anyone run into this before?

Where's a good place to order the U2410 from? I'm assuming directly from Del but it's listed at $599.99...

Also, is there any specific revision that I should be looking for?

How does this compare to the newer U2412?

I just ordered U2410 used for 200$ with red spot visible on black background and without green-pink gradient issue. Should look good next to FW900 :D

jmk396
U2410 have ridiculously wide gamut but is doesn't matter if you plan on using only sRGB

U2410 have true 8bit H-IPS panel and not 6bit + FRC eIPS. From this we can assume contrast ratio on U2412 should be better and viewing angles slightly worse :)

I have this display and
tumblr_l9qoe6BSQD1qzzud0.jpg

custom mode is actually quite good. I set saturation of red to 45 and green to 40 and gamma in windows to 0.70 and colors are kinda perfect for my taste :cool: Similar to FW900 that is kinda wide gamut too :rolleyes:

in service menu its best to sets gains for rgb to 255 for sRGB and aRGB too for best contrast ratio and ~6500K

best LCD ever :D

I have this display and
tumblr_l9qoe6BSQD1qzzud0.jpg

custom mode is actually quite good. I set saturation of red to 45 and green to 40 and gamma in windows to 0.70 and colors are kinda perfect for my taste :cool: Similar to FW900 that is kinda wide gamut too :rolleyes:

in service menu its best to sets gains for rgb to 255 for sRGB and aRGB too for best contrast ratio and ~6500K

best LCD ever :D

the image you posted doesn't have a color profile built in.
In AdobeRGB I can see the tooth under the red stripe, in sRGB mode the red became no transparent and I cannot see the tooth under the red stripe.

Said that, what kind of test are you doing? :D

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
the image you posted doesn't have a color profile built in.
In AdobeRGB I can see the tooth under the red stripe, in sRGB mode the red became no transparent and I cannot see the tooth under the red stripe.
will check it later @home

Said that, what kind of test are you doing? :D
I checked contrast and gamma curve with my Spyder1. It's in ~~350:1 range and gamma is almost perfect except little too low and way too low in standard mode. My probe always show lower CR compared to reviews so such low values were expected. For reference BenQ VW2420 had ~900:1, Samsung F2380 ~~1800:1 and FW900 on/off was 15K:1 :rolleyes:

I can tell by eye that hue and saturation of red is changing (on other colors too but on red it's most noticeable) across it's brightness level and the lower brightness the more it resembles this super saturated red from standard mode. So obviously those emulation modes aren't perfect...

Spyder with HCFR software shows also that this monitor can't really cover sRGB as it doesn't cover place where srgb green should be. With sRGB emulation is doesn't cover sRGB either as it is now cutoff exactly in the place where two triangles intersected before... :( I understand I need correction matrix for my probe and I will have to calculate it myself from results I have in standard mode and results others with spectrometers have and only then I will be able to use my probe for calibration :)

In mean time I will check some ICC profiles from web to check how will these do with CSM aware programs. And for rest those emulation modes are just fine.

What is the quality of the emulation sRGB and Adobe sRGB modes on U2410? If am going to be using those modes exclusively and am not interested in wide gamut, is this monitor still superior in picture quality to let's say Dell 2311H, or is 2311H better than 2410 in emulation mode?

for sRGB emulation Asus PA246Q will probably be better (search for german PRAD review and view it in google translate)

but generally U2410 have quite good sRGB emulation. No visible dithering and colors are good. Gamma is little too low but nothing too severe. In my opinion it is much better than eIPS U2311 and especially it is visible in motion which is just so much better on H-IPS and there isn't any reverse ghosting like on e-IPS DELLs.

but then there is Dell U2412M than is not much more expensive than U2311 and you must ask yourself if you want AdobeRGB...

I like that feature much. There is a lot of content (all games, some movies, cartoon/animations, music videos) that looks better in aRGB and my opinion is not alone. Then again many people hate using it to anything more than photoshop... Best way to know if you like it would be see yourself...

My U2410 has recently developed image retention on the right side of the screen. I think it's mostly caused by my constant use of firefox (I can see a slight leftover image of the magnifying glass in the top right corner and the scroll bar). I've been very careful and turn the monitor off whenever it's not in use. The image retention fades completely after I turn it off for a while, but quickly comes back whenever I use firefox.

I don't know what I should do, I know if I try to get a replacement I'll most likely get a refurbished monitor with more issues than the one I currently have. My U2410 doesn't seem to have any tinting issues (or if it does they aren't noticeable at all to me), and has no other problems.. this really sucks. I've owned it for less than 2 years.

I have experience with IR cause I have plasma TV, so what U need to to is find some noise video and play it for some time (eg. few hours). There are also sites that play digital colorful noise at full screen with resolution to one single pixel and those are most effective but to be sure try those for 5-10 min first and see if those dont make pixels flicker.

pixels tend to flicker on this monitor if are changed white/black at 30Hz for a while and I don't suppose it's healthy... it have to do probably with polarization inversion every alternating frame - if flicker synchronize with it it overcharge and can damage those pixels! I saw similar effect on some LG TN screen too. Newer saw those phenomenon on Samsung and AUO panels.

normal fully randomized noise should be fine

Last edited:
I have experience with IR cause I have plasma TV, so what U need to to is find some noise video and play it for some time (eg. few hours). There are also sites that play digital colorful noise at full screen with resolution to one single pixel and those are most effective but to be sure try those for 5-10 min first and see if those dont make pixels flicker.

pixels tend to flicker on this monitor if are changed white/black at 30Hz for a while and I don't suppose it's healthy... it have to do probably with polarization inversion every alternating frame - if flicker synchronize with it it overcharge and can damage those pixels! I saw similar effect on some LG TN screen too. Newer saw those phenomenon on Samsung and AUO panels.

normal fully randomized noise should be fine

I'm not sure if that'll help me, considering the image retention goes away completely if I leave the monitor off for a few hours, but it comes back within a few minutes after I leave my browser open.

I guess I'll try it anyway, could you provide a link to any digital noise videos? Thanks.

Back