Dell U2410

Do you think it's worth it to keep doing the exchange-aroo with dell to eventually get a panel that is completely free of the problem? It's not bad, but it is an annoyance on predominately white or grey images. The replacement panel I have is a new (not refurbed) one that was manufactured in November, so they (LG and/or Dell) are still putting out panels with the issue.

Although, it could just be an unsolvable viewing angles issue that everyone gets. I just got home from work and only after a long time of staring at it and looking for flaws does it look that bad.

Last edited:
Do you think it's worth it to keep doing the exchange-aroo with dell to eventually get a panel that is completely free of the problem? It's not bad, but it is an annoyance on predominately white or grey images.
It depends how much it annoys you. If it's a mild annoyance you can live with then I'd say the panel exchange process isn't worth it. Plus Dell have already stated specifically they don't actually exchange for this issue. So, if you request a lot of exchanges, they may refuse you at some point, leaving you with something worse than you started with.

Although, it could just be an unsolvable viewing angles issue that everyone gets. I just got home from work and only after a long time of staring at it and looking for flaws does it look that bad.
The fact that you're unsure tells me that the issue is probably mild at worst, because severe tint doesn't leave you with any doubt.. it'll assault your eyes. Put the screen in Custom Color mode and look at a colour you notice the tint on. Turn down the GAIN values for the R/G/B tint you want to reduce. In mild cases it can come close to completely solving the problem.. You could then do the same from the Factory menu for the other modes if you wanted.

You're right. I think I'll keep this one for now. It's not perfect, but I'd say that it's probably better than the other LCD's I've owned in the past or still own.

I ordered a U2410 on 2/24, received on 3/2. I was expecting an A04 since those started shipping in December. However, there's no problems with the monitor, so I'm keeping it.

Monitor Details:

A03
Firmware M1F194 (from diagnostic menu)
Feb 2011 manufacture date
Assembled in Mexico.

Last edited:
I ordered a U2410 on 2/24, received on 3/2. I was expecting an A04 since those started shipping in December. However, there's no problems with the monitor, so I'm keeping it.

Monitor Details:

A03
Firmware M1F194 (from diagnostic menu)
Feb 2011 manufacture date
Assembled in Mexico.

I don't understand how Dell determines the firmware for each monitor. IIRC after A02, the rest are all non-hardware changes. Other than that I had an A04 that was manufactured in Jan 2011. So, why would a Feb 2011 be an A03?

After reading this thread (actually a few months ago), and taking all this time to finally make up my mind, I bit the bullet and ordered this monitor this past Saturday. Despite picking the free shipping it shipped on Monday and arrived yesterday (fantastic!). I was replacing a 22" Samsung LCD, with a TN panel.

I haven't done any calibrating on it, and just set the mode to sRGB and lowered the brightness some. So far I'm very happy with this display. I see no dead or stuck pixels and no real issues with backlight bleeding. There is a little bit of a tinting issue, but it's not nearly as bad as some of the photos I've seen posted. After I set it sRGB and lowered the brightness it got better and I don't even notice it unless I have a solid white background and I'm looking for it.

As far as the AG coating is concerned, I was a little worried about it, after all the negative comments in this thread, and others, but I'm not bothered by it. I think I was expecting it to be worse, hearing the criticisms, so I was pleasantly surprised. I find the text to be clear and easy to read, so I can't really complain... though the coating is noticeable on white, and I certainly wouldn't mind it being far less aggressive.

Oh, and just in case anybody is wondering, it's a REV A03, Assembled in Mexico. The date of mfg is Feb 2011.

Dell U2410 has high distinguishability and simple faceplate.
I like it very much.
But the price is .....:eek:

What cheap monitors would you guys suggest to put beside the U2410 for a dual monitor or triple monitor set up?

I saw the 2007FP refurb for $150 CAD... worth it?

I just noticed a really, really weird problem.

I have a dead pixel, but it's like no dead pixel I've seen before. It only becomes dead when the color being displayed is 255, 255, 255 (pure white).

If I put a color that is 254, 255, 255 in the same area, NO dead pixel, or even any evidence of it being there.

It's the same with all of the different preset video modes as far as I can tell. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? I'm more confused and curious than disappointed at this point. :confused:

Edit: ....and the next day it disappeared. That's really weird. I wonder if it was software related.

Last edited:
There's a person on craigslist near my area selling the monitor for $340 that are brand new. They have a bunch of them too. When I came there to check it out today, they were all boxed up and sealed with the serial on the box removed. The person even open a brand new one for me to test. After checking it out I decided to return another day to make sure it wasn't a fake. Everything seems to be brand new and appears exactly like it should. I ask them how they have so many, but they gave me some bogus answer that they ship these monitor to their client and the clients give them the extra ones.

Is there such thing as a fake U2410? The back of the monitor where the stand connects to shows U2410f. Is that right? What else can I test on the monitor to show that it is what it really is and not some fake? I don't know much about these monitor so i'm seeking advice from you folks.

I debating to either buy this one or wait until dell has a sale and grab one for $500 instead. There is no warranty. If it worth it to save $160 but have no warranty and possibilty this is a fake model?

There's a person on craigslist near my area selling the monitor for $340 that are brand new. They have a bunch of them too. When I came there to check it out today, they were all boxed up and sealed with the serial on the box removed. The person even open a brand new one for me to test. After checking it out I decided to return another day to make sure it wasn't a fake. Everything seems to be brand new and appears exactly like it should. I ask them how they have so many, but they gave me some bogus answer that they ship these monitor to their client and the clients give them the extra ones.

Is there such thing as a fake U2410? The back of the monitor where the stand connects to shows U2410f. Is that right? What else can I test on the monitor to show that it is what it really is and not some fake? I don't know much about these monitor so i'm seeking advice from you folks.

I debating to either buy this one or wait until dell has a sale and grab one for $500 instead. There is no warranty. If it worth it to save $160 but have no warranty and possibilty this is a fake model?

Is this the posting with the Orange County location?

on the back where it says "u2410f" - that is perfectly normal. Next time ask to see the pull out tab information(by the USB ports) on the tag has the monitor's serial #, manufacture date.

Run the service menu if you can get them to turn on the monitor. Turn off the monitor, put a finger on the 2nd LED from the top, and a finger on the 4th from the top while the monitor is off and while still pressing those spots hit the power button all the lights should turn on(and remain constant) and the monitor should turn on as normal. When you confirm all of the LED lights stay on, hit the very first LED light from the top and a menu will show up. It'll show you the model # and a bunch of video settings and most importantly a time record of how long the monitor has been used. This is really important to prove if it is truly unused or not.

Lastly, ask them for the original order #. The u2410 warranty goes by 1) confirmation of serial code then 2) most important the original order number and information associated. If the seller cannot provide you with #2 warrantywise you're most likely SOL..

Hi I've got a U2410 that had some issues, I've contacted the Dell support and now I have the 2 monitors, and tomorrow they will be getting the old one.

Now I'd like to ask to who got one, if you press the screen near the middle of the borders (for example near the Dell logo) if the screen flex, even for a bit. One of the reasons for me to call for a replacement unit was this (the others where the stand didn't level the screen then in the landscape position, and the blue led started fading and sometimes didn't even turn on), and now I see that the replacement unit does it too, and even at the top so I don't know if this is normal or not.

Other thing is the menu in the new monitor is slower than the old one (yeah I know I'm nitpicking). If I press fast to up or down the menu it "lags" but on the old one just works.

The old monitor is Rev A01 from Dec 2009, and the new one is Rev A05 from Jan 2011 btw.

Edit:
Meanwhile I've been comparing images between the 2, and the new one looks like it has a little redish tone, comparing it to the old one. But this could be because the old one has a little blueish tone.

Last edited:
Is this the posting with the Orange County location?

on the back where it says "u2410f" - that is perfectly normal. Next time ask to see the pull out tab information(by the USB ports) on the tag has the monitor's serial #, manufacture date.

Run the service menu if you can get them to turn on the monitor. Turn off the monitor, put a finger on the 2nd LED from the top, and a finger on the 4th from the top while the monitor is off and while still pressing those spots hit the power button all the lights should turn on(and remain constant) and the monitor should turn on as normal. When you confirm all of the LED lights stay on, hit the very first LED light from the top and a menu will show up. It'll show you the model # and a bunch of video settings and most importantly a time record of how long the monitor has been used. This is really important to prove if it is truly unused or not.

Lastly, ask them for the original order #. The u2410 warranty goes by 1) confirmation of serial code then 2) most important the original order number and information associated. If the seller cannot provide you with #2 warrantywise you're most likely SOL..

Yeah it was the ad in orange county. Have you seen those monitors for yourself?

Hi I've got a U2410 that had some issues, I've contacted the Dell support and now I have the 2 monitors, and tomorrow they will be getting the old one.
(...)

By the way is it normal that the monitor they have send me is a refurbished one? Just noticed the sticker on the bottom of the screen... And the piece that has the serial number is a lot flimsy than the one on the old monitor.

I know I may be nitpicking, but still...

Yeah it was the ad in orange county. Have you seen those monitors for yourself?

No, I exchanged emails with some lady, threw her a low ball, but she seems to be on the $340 firm. I then emailed her asking about warranty and stuff, she never emailed me back.

I just received my U2410 today. It's an A04 mfg. in Mexico 01/11 with firmware M1F1A1. Best I can tell there are no issues, but I do have a weirdness in UT2004.

This game plays best for me with v-sync on, but that locks it at 60 FPS on a standard LCD monitor. With my last monitor, (NEC EA231WMi) I would change the resolution to 1280 x 1024 which would let me run at 75Hz and therefore get 75 FPS in game. I was glad to see the U2410 also offers 1280 x 1024 at 75Hz, but at that setting the game kind of stutters and chugs when I move. If I run at 1280 x 1024 at 60Hz (or really any resolution at 60 Hz) it runs OK. Why does this monitor at 75 Hz cause UT2004 to be so choppy?

Last edited:
Tried to upgrade from A00 to A01 today. Got this:

captureu2410q.png

Fortunately, it worked on the second try. Dithering now gone!

I got this screen as the first-try as well when I tried flashing from an A00 to A02. I almost threw myself into a panic as I had thought I bricked my monitor.

However - I got it through the 2nd time after AC cycling the monitor.

Now the monitor in the Service Menu shows M1F193 and works fine as I can tell.

However, I am still concerned because it had failed that first try though. Did I do any lasting damage to my monitor? Or is this something that once the flash is successful (anyway through) - it's successful - period and I shouldn't worry about it afterwards?

Last edited:
Card reader stopped working. At the same time a windows noticed pop up said there was a problem with DFU 0.1.0.0 After some googling its seems to be related to USB/Card readers so what can I do to fix this?

I received a new U2410 from Dell last week and really like it so far. Everything looks good and appears to be working as advertised with one possible exception (see below). I do have a couple of questions I hope to get answers to here.

1. I noticed the Vertical and Horizontal position controls in the Display OSD mode are grayed out and I can't seem to find any way to access these controls. Am I doing something wrong or do I have a defective monitor?

2. There is an ICC profile file (Dell-U2410) on the Dell CD provided with the monitor. How do I use this file?

Thanks for any feedback on these questions.

1. I noticed the Vertical and Horizontal position controls in the Display OSD mode are grayed out and I can't seem to find any way to access these controls. Am I doing something wrong or do I have a defective monitor?

I don't know specifically how the u2410 works, but in general the positioning controls are only relevant when using an analog connection. If you are using DVI/HDMI/Displayport, they may be turned off.

Anybody have a problem with dust stuck in the screen. I had two replacement and this one seems ok but seems to have dust stuck inbetween the screen. The original one I had was fine but then a bug got stuck in there.

Are these screen particularly prone to the dust/bug problem or am I just having a run of bad luck?

Yes, I have panel contamination too.

This unit was the third replacement in a line and it was almost perfect otherwise (homogeneous, nicely calibrated without any banding while has a high contrast ratio, etc), so I accepted it. And I was able to "knock it down" by hitting the panel directly with my nail. (It was not my idea but it worked well.)

Unfortunately it's back now! It appeared during I moved the display to another location. (And I can't knock it down again...)

I think think this problem is a good reason to ask for a new replacement. (I think it would be an A05 if that matters by any means...)
But I fear to ask because this is my third U2410 and it isn't issue-free either (at least back then and now). (And "fortunately" it's very close to the lower-left corner of the screen and weaker than originally, so I rarely notice it.)

May be I should simply sell it by telling the buyer that he can call Dell anytime to replace it. (And buy the new ASUS variant if that is really capable to run at 24Hz. ; Or pick up a PN51D550...?)

I don't know specifically how the u2410 works, but in general the positioning controls are only relevant when using an analog connection. If you are using DVI/HDMI/Displayport, they may be turned off.

Thx CVGD, that makes sense as I am using a DVI connection.

Now, can anyone comment on how to use the ICC profile file (Dell-U2410) that came on the Dell CD provided with the monitor?

Now, can anyone comment on how to use the ICC profile file (Dell-U2410) that came on the Dell CD provided with the monitor?

Install the driver (Windows Vista/Seven can do it automatically from Windows Update), set your display to Standard mode when you use a softwares which supports color management and set your display to sRGB when the software doesn't have a CMS modul (or that is worse than "no correction", like firefox 4 - disable it then...).

So I just recieved a U2410 I purchased off of eBay. I set it up next to my U2311h, and the colors look widly different. When I went to check the back of the monitor panel, I noticed that there was no serial info on the U2410 (there is info on my U2311h that I purchased from dell). Is it possible that I may have received a fake, or is this normal?

So I just recieved a U2410 I purchased off of eBay. I set it up next to my U2311h, and the colors look widly different. When I went to check the back of the monitor panel, I noticed that there was no serial info on the U2410 (there is info on my U2311h that I purchased from dell). Is it possible that I may have received a fake, or is this normal?

The serial number on the u2410 is on a pull out tab behind the card reader/usb ports on the side of the monitor.
As far as colors looking different its because the u2410 is wide gamut and the u2311h is standard gamut lcd. Try setting the u2410 to sRGB and colors should be much more accurate.

The serial number on the u2410 is on a pull out tab behind the card reader/usb ports on the side of the monitor.
As far as colors looking different its because the u2410 is wide gamut and the u2311h is standard gamut lcd. Try setting the u2410 to sRGB and colors should be much more accurate.

Ah, thanks for relieving me of my worries! :eek:

I'm now in process of selecting my new display and I'm choosing between this Dell, HP2475w and EIZO S2433W... (also NEC 2490WUXi2).

I'm using my monitor a lot, many hours a day (and sometimes night). Web mostly, photos sometimes, sometimes movies. And I want to get the display that would give my eyes the least strain.

Is U2310 good choice? Can it work with low brightness and still deliver decent colors? Or should I get EIZO instead?

I bought my Dell U2410 last August, and it's a rev. A02, made on July 2010.

What's the latest revision, and is it possible to update mine to the latest version?

Also, I'm planning to get another U2410 for my first dual-monitor config.

i probably wouldn't get eizo s2433w if you have problems with eye strain. it's not good for cleartype text. although you can switch off cleartype it's still not very suitable for heavy text reading.

i probably wouldn't get eizo s2433w if you have problems with eye strain. it's not good for cleartype text. although you can switch off cleartype it's still not very suitable for heavy text reading.

I have two Eizo S2433W and I can say that eye strain isn't a problem with this monitor at all, I work on this monitor for 12 hours a day and I have no problem, mmm, yes, I need a vacation.

I bought my Dell U2410 last August, and it's a rev. A02, made on July 2010.

What's the latest revision, and is it possible to update mine to the latest version?

Also, I'm planning to get another U2410 for my first dual-monitor config.

Mine is an A04. I don't know if it's possible to update it or if mine is the latest version or not. It was manufactured in January 2011.

eizo s2433w does not incorporate sharpness function in osd. eizo fx2431 does so you can sharpen text to your likes. i don't know about other eizo monitors

if there's no need then why would foris fx2431 (same panel as s2433w) incorporate it?

I have bought both FX2431 and S2433W, I had both on my desk, than I sold the foris for a second S2433W.

I'm not a monitor expert but my eyes seen no difference on this two monitor except for the fact that S2433W has a better sRGB preset.
Obviously the two monitors have different feature so you need to choose what you prefer in base of this features but not on the sharpness one since it has no sense.

Both monitor uses the same panel

FORIS pros:
- HDMI support
- Better scaler
- Support every input signal
- Dynamic contrast feature (quite useless)
- PiP with remote control

S2433W pros:
- Display port
- sRGB preset (really well factory calibrated)
- Portrait mode
- Better price
- Support for the Eizo EasyPix in the case you don't find a better alternative and you need a cheap colorimeter.

Last edited:
does anyone else have this problem?

sometimes when I'm rebooting or coming out of sleep my U2410 doesn't power up. I have to physically unplug the power cord and plug it back in and then it works... I had a similar issue with an old Westinghouse TV I used to have.. does anyone else see this??

Back