Dell U2410

For those that own previous ultra 24"... the new U2410's bezel is very slightly larger (about 1mm on all sides) and the panel is slightly deeper from the edge.

Zod96, thanks for your response. It pushed me over the edge towards the U2410.
I've already been burned by going with a cheaper built Sceptre that died on me right after the warranty ended; I'm a little weary going for a budget brand again.

I think that if the white glow bothers me enough, I'll return the U2410 and go for the DS-265W since that and the additional 1.5 inches seem to be the biggest benefits of the DS-265W.

I didn't think the doublesights still came with the polarizer. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this monitor though. :D

From what I've heard some came with it, some didn't. I got lucky and mine came with it. Good choice on the Dell. Like I said if that had the aw-t screen treatment I would have got that dell too.

11:21pm Sunday Sept. 13...

Just ordered the U2410...

I'm excited. OK, now let's plan the 'breaking the news to the wife' presentation...I have @ 4 days to prepare for that...:eek:

You may be reading about my demise... "Wife of computer freak ends his obsession once and for all..."

LOL no Sh!t :D How did I ever convince my Wife I needed the Apple 30" Display a few years ago, but I got it. Now I want to get 3 of these U2410 for triple screen gaming + the new 5870 VideoCard, which will set me back about the same as the Apple monitor did 3 years ago.

What story do I tell my Wife why I need the upgrade ? :confused: And this isn't an easy upgrade to hide, like a new VideoCard should would never notice that inside the computer. But walking by the desk with 3 monitors, yeah, that's not see easy to keep quiet. :( :D

LOL no Sh!t :D How did I ever convince my Wife I needed the Apple 30" Display a few years ago, but I got it. Now I want to get 3 of these U2410 for triple screen gaming + the new 5870 VideoCard, which will set me back about the same as the Apple monitor did 3 years ago.

IMHO you would be better off just buying two 4:3 1600x1200 20" monitors and pivot them to have alongside your 30". But thats me :)

IMHO you would be better off just buying two 4:3 1600x1200 20" monitors and pivot them to have alongside your 30". But thats me :)

Those are almost impossible to find now a days ? And if so they are super pricey, for such a small monitor. I am open to going that route, give me a link some for sale still please ?

Those are almost impossible to find now a days ? And if so they are super pricey, for such a small monitor. I am open to going that route, give me a link some for sale still please ?

Dell still sells the 2007fp.

2 of those would run around $658. How would those line up next to my Apple 30" Display in portrait mode ?
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=320-4687

That would save me a ton of cash as opposed to 3 - 24" would run me like $1800.

Pixel pitch and count, make for a near perfect match.

Though if you matching with an Apple 30", you might want to look at the HP LP2065, as they have a silver bezel.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176053&Tpk=lp2065

Anyone ordered in Canada yet? Grand total: 860..a bit pricey. I've read some reports this monitor still has some backlight bleeding like the 2408, so I wanna get some more inputs before spending this much.

$749 on dell.ca... What a rip considering $599 USD is currently $651 CAD. No way I'm paying a $100 premium just for being up north.

$749 on dell.ca... What a rip considering $599 USD is currently $651 CAD. No way I'm paying a $100 premium just for being up north.

Because you Canexicans keep all the good candy for yourselves. !@#$%& :D

How's the stand on this thing? It looks like it'd be a bit wobbly unlike the "Y foot" of the previous model.

That link was posted a while back.

actually, if u go about 2-3 pages back, you'll find the link to add the product to your cart.

Um, no it wasn't I saw the configuration page, which was posted twice in this thread. This is the official page, where they have the nice picture gallery, the specifications, etc. NOT the configuration page.

No problem ShadeZeRO.

Does anyone think since Best Buy sells Dell products that this would be at Best Buy? Right now till I think till Oct. 15 if you spend more than $499 at Best Buy, you have 18 months zero interest to pay it back. That would be an awesome deal for me, since I live in Hawaii and shipping is always a nightmare here. If not I am going have to scourge for more money since I just did a whole system upgrade.

The best buy near my house hasn't had a >$250 panel in quite a while. Last 'cool' thing they had was that pva lg a while ago. Wish they would carry some non-tn stuff but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

How's the stand on this thing? It looks like it'd be a bit wobbly unlike the "Y foot" of the previous model.
I would say much better than the Y-foot, in terms of stability (more substantial chunk of metal under the plastic cover). There is also no locking function of the stand at the lowest position (As there was on 2405,2407, I presume on the 2408)

Y-foot looks (appearance) nice to me than the other one. Thats why i kept one of the foot with me when i return my 2408wfps to Dell hoping to use with U2410. BTW dell never asked what happened to the foot. I got full refund ;)

The best buy near my house hasn't had a >$250 panel in quite a while. Last 'cool' thing they had was that pva lg a while ago. Wish they would carry some non-tn stuff but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

BB doesnt have 2408wfp on display even here in NY

does this have a A-TW polarizer? That's the only thing that I'm disappointed about my HP2475.

This is probably my single most expensive PC part purchase ever. Hope it'll be worth it. I ordered on 9/13, it's been shipped today, estimated to come on the 22nd.

This is probably my single most expensive PC part purchase ever. Hope it'll be worth it. I ordered on 9/13, it's been shipped today, estimated to come on the 22nd.

Me too.

Finally spent $385 + Tax (shipped) and mine will arrive on 17th

PNY 9800 GT (EE version) ordered for $55 too for new u2410

Lets see how this goes ;)

Me too.

T_T 100 dollars less.... the heck...

Usually dell gives out huge baseline discounts to people (companies) who have bought a lot (many many thousands $) of dell stuff already. Not sure exactly how it works though.

Me too.

$385 for a brand new U2410 ? :eek: That is $100+ less than retail, and for all of us buying three of these to go with our new 5870 VideoCards that savings alone is almost the cost of the 5870 itself.

Please do tell how such a deal can be had. And when will monitor makers give us price breaks when buying in packs of 3 ?

$385 for a brand new U2410 ? :eek: That is $100+ less than retail, and for all of us buying three of these to go with our new 5870 VideoCards that savings alone is almost the cost of the 5870 itself.

Please do tell how such a deal can be had. And when will monitor makers give us price breaks when buying in packs of 3 ?

Ya, its brand new and purchased a single unit for personal use ( i dont have a company). Also got Y-shaped 2408wfp stand for new u2410 for free (cos i dont like that box stand ;). Im sure the the way i got it for that price doesnt help u guys.

Ya, its brand new and purchased a single unit for personal use ( i dont have a company). Also got Y-shaped 2408wfp stand for new u2410 for free (cos i dont like that box stand ;). Im sure the the way i got it for that price doesnt help u guys.

sexual favors? no thanks

Back