Dell U2410

I got a chance to check out my friends U2410 he just got it Friday. I didn't even know he ordered one. Any its a very nice monitor. Excellent view angles. But it does have that same white glow when viewing from the sides and it also has that dirty grainy feel to it when viewing web pages. I was thinking about returning my doublesight monitor and getting the U2410, but after seeing it in person I like the doublesight better. I think if the U2410 had aw-polarization on the screen I would have probably got that over the doublesight. But I can definitely tell a monitor screen that has it and one that doesn't now.
Yeah that glow is very annoying. I've never had a monitor with a polarizer in it and it always stood out to me. But really for the price you can't complain.

Is it that annoying?. Do u see it on regular background? or only on special cases?. Could u explain with more details?

I guess it's not THAT annoying but it definitely stands out. It's not very noticeable during the day or if you work with enough lights on, but if you work in the dark then it becomes very noticeable and it's most notable on a dark or black background. You eventually get used to it but you will always know it's there.

Its not noticeable if you are looking at it straight on. Its only their from angles. And like someone said, for the current price with the coupon you wouldn't find another 24 inch ips monitor for that price....

Its not noticeable if you are looking at it straight on. Its only their from angles. And like someone said, for the current price with the coupon you wouldn't find another 24 inch ips monitor for that price....

Well, u mean that if i use it as monitor (im not gonna look at an angle) u dont notice that thing right?. How far you have to go off from the middle to see that damn thing?

Lets say im gonna sit 2 - 2 1/2 away from the screen facing straight to the screen. Do i see that glow in dark backgrounds?. Basically i dont care what i see at angle, coz im not gonna look at for a crazy angle.

Last edited:

FALSE. Stop misguiding people on this forum. Look at my pictures of the Dell U2410. This is what i have been talking about in another thread. White glow is not only noticeable at "extreme" viewing angles! It's a big fallacy that many users on this forum make and it's misinformation to people looking to buy this screen.

I'm not misguiding anyone. I said when I look at it from any angle, up down left right and not straight on I see a white glow. You may not but I do. So it will depend on the person. And I never said anything about the U2410 not being any good. I would have gotten this monitor hands down if it had been out a month ago. But it just so happens I couldn't wait. And I was commenting on how I can tell a monitor with and without aw-polarization. So for those of you that are thinking about the U2410 with the coupon go for it, its the best 24 inch monitor hands down....

The white mirror glow shows up even from straight on with dark, or black backgrounds. The farther you sit from the screen, the less of it you see. This is my "un" A-TW polarized Dell 2209WA from about 30" viewing distance and is fairly representative of what I see in terms of the white glow.

If it bothers you, then it bothers you. I personally don't think it's a big deal unless I'm watching a lot of cinema content and there's black bars top and bottom, but some are more/less sensitive.

3271285548_f223121a2b_b.jpg

Is there a 24" similar to Dell that doesn't have grainy coating?

Last edited:
Now I don't know whether to keep the 2209WA or wait for another Dell sale and get an U2410..
My 2209WA cost me $240 (after tax & eWaste fee) w/ 20%+10% off from dell and U2410 would cost about $480..
Do you guys think U2410 is worth twice the price of a 2209WA??
I am not too worry about have to wait for Dell to offer 20%+stackable 10%..they do it regulary enough..
so the only sticky point is still price...2x2209wa or 1xu2410..

Now I don't know whether to keep the 2209WA or wait for another Dell sale and get an U2410..
My 2209WA cost me $240 (after tax & eWaste fee) w/ 20%+10% off from dell and U2410 would cost about $480..
Do you guys think U2410 is worth twice the price of a 2209WA??
I am not too worry about have to wait for Dell to offer 20%+stackable 10%..they do it regulary enough..
so the only sticky point is still price...2x2209wa or 1xu2410..

If u use the monitor for movies or games, single 24" is better.

if u use the monitor for desktop work mostly go for 2 X 22", because 2 monitors give u more productivity.

Today is the last day for the 20% coupon. Just a reminder for those who interested in buying it.

Today is the last day for the 20% coupon. Just a reminder for those who interested in buying it.

Thanks for posting it, I wouldn't have broken the bank otherwise. (Bought me a 2410 about 10 hours ago.) :D

I think the U2410 is about the same as the 2209WA for gaming. And when I had the 2209WA it was great for gaming, I noticed no ghosting or lag at all. If people are on the fence about buying the U2410 I'd get it now since that coupon ends today. $480 for the U2410 is a great deal. Although I paided $449 for my 26 inch doublesight H-IPS monitor with aw-polarization :)

I think the U2410 is about the same as the 2209WA for gaming. And when I had the 2209WA it was great for gaming, I noticed no ghosting or lag at all. If people are on the fence about buying the U2410 I'd get it now since that coupon ends today. $480 for the U2410 is a great deal. Although I paided $449 for my 26 inch doublesight H-IPS monitor with aw-polarization :)

I would have gotten that one (it's still around that price on Buy.com) if I didn't care about having a triple screen gaming setup (bezel is too thick on the DS, no displayport for the new Radeons)... It is a sexy screen though...

Actually the bezel is just as thick as my old 2209WA. Maybe a tad more. What the heck is a displayport???

Aw ok got it. I just saw the new ati 5870 it had one dvi port an hdmi port and a display port....

Hi guys, if I'm coming off a 19" CRT and I intend to get a 1080p capable monitor for both games and movies should I splurge on the U2410 or should I aim for a well-reviewed TN screen instead? Need input fast as Dell's offers in my place end in two days time so I need to place my order fast.

Guys, why dont u save $24 more on U2410 today?

Use bing.com and type Dell, u can go to dell site with 5% cash back (Limited time only)

Final: $456 + (tax) shipped (with coupon + bing)

Enjoy

Has anyone compared this to the DoubleSight DS-265W? The DS-265W is $449 plus tax/shipping from buy.com Buy.com DS-265W link vs the $456-480 price for the U2410.

The U2410 seems like a higher quality product but the DS-265W has the A-TW Polarizer.

Zod96, if you had to make the decision again today, would you still go with the DS-265W?

Yes I'd still go with the doublesight. But take this with a grain of salt. The U2410 overall is a better build quality, meaning the materials used to make it, the bezel the stand etc are of better quality then my doublesight. Doublesight was able to keep the cost down because they had a very expensive screen but used lower quality materials in other areas like I mentioned. The U2410 had a more solid build feel to it, where as my doublesight seems a bit cheap. But when comparing the screens themselves I would say the doublesight H-ips screen is better than the Dell u2410. I definitely love the A-TW polarizer on it, compared to the Dells non A-TW screen. If I had to do it again I would still get the doublesight mainly because of the A-TW screen treatment. One other thing the doublesight is very very bright. And you can only lower it somewhat because the brightness is tied into the black levels. Why they did that I will never know. I'm fine with it, because I've always liked more brightness as opposed to less. I paided $449 with free shipping and no sales tax, so I got a 26 inch H-IPS screen with A-TW screen treatment for $449 shipped. You can't beat that. I got mine here

http://www.proviewdigital.com/DS-265W.html

At the time it was free shipping I'm not sure about it now and I didn't pay sales tax either. If you have any other questions just let me know...

Guys, why dont u save $24 more on U2410 today?

Use bing.com and type Dell, u can go to dell site with 5% cash back (Limited time only)

Final: $456 + (tax) shipped (with coupon + bing)

Enjoy

Because I don't think cashback works on Dell Small Business, only Dell Home...

Because I don't think cashback works on Dell Small Business, only Dell Home...

Why not, IT WORKS ;)

Here is their terms (copied from dell)

Shop at Dell Today and Earn 5% Bing Cashback

* Offer applies to purchases on Dell Home & Home Office and Small & Medium Business on this visit only.
* Purchases from Dell Outlet, Dell Public or Large Enterprise stores are NOT eligible for this offer.
* Dell reserves the right to end or change this offer at any time.
* View all Bing.com cashback terms and conditions.

11:21pm Sunday Sept. 13...

Just ordered the U2410...

I'm excited. OK, now let's plan the 'breaking the news to the wife' presentation...I have @ 4 days to prepare for that...:eek:

You may be reading about my demise... "Wife of computer freak ends his obsession once and for all..."

Back