Dell U2312HM

are you saying your U2311H's don't have a buzzing sound? because they shouldn't the buzzing problem is with the U2312HM

I was actually going to buy two U2311H's, but since they discontinued it and only want to sell buzzing U2312HM's, I'm going with two Asus VH238H

I was responding to itshardtochoosealcd. (he had an issue with his U2311h buzzing) I would not be surprised if the two LCDs shared a similar power source.

I was responding to itshardtochoosealcd. (he had an issue with his U2311h buzzing) I would not be surprised if the two LCDs shared a similar power source.

My 2209WA, my parents LG 32" tv, and my LG 42LD450N all make the same buzzing noise. It's more of a rule than exception with LG products.

so inaccurate that they measured 0.6ms for the U2312HM and Prad got 1.1ms. wow massive difference

Doesn't mean anything. With other monitors they get a massive difference so yes they are inacurrate and unreliable.

How's the lightbleed on everyones U2312HM's? Pics?

I do not have any light bleed. But I do have some serious IPS glow on the lower right quarter of my screen. Might have to call Dell. Other than that the screen is really good. :)

p.s. Sorry, no pics at the moment.

Got mine, looks like no light bleed at all. Very nice. But it makes a very audible buzzing but goes silent at max brightness :( Anyone else with this problem?

Last edited:
Any comments/opinions on how this monitor compares to the U2311H?

They're pretty much the same, just that the newer one has w-LED backlighting instead of CCFL.

No.
In terms of w-LED and CCFL, is one better over the other? I can get a U2311H for a good price. Should I just get it or hold out for the U2312HM?

Is it any use to install those monitor drivers? And this buzzing is really getting on my nerves, it's louder than my PC. It's not possible to get a quiet one?!

I'm getting the buzzing sound below 99 brightness. It also looks like I have one dead pixel on the very top left corner of the screen. I don't notice it, but knowing it's there is bothersome. Does that warrant a return?

Thanks.

So the U2311H has better black levels and contrast but is there anything the U2312HM does better than the U2311H other than lower input lag?

there's a direct comparison between the two at the end of the U2312HM which should cover it hopefully. lower power consumption, more environmentally friendly in terms of W-LED vs CCFL, lower input lag, and better panel uniformity (from the two samples reviewed, may vary of course). some areas are very close. dont forget the U2311H wont be available for much longer i expect

Again, it does not have lower lag. They are both the same.
This man speaks the truth, do not believe anyone in this thread saying it has lower input lag than the 2311: PRAD measured less than one tenth of a ms on the 2311 using an extremely accurate and expensive method. The 2312 is in the same class of monitors that don't buffer any frames, so its lag will be in the 0-2ms range—realistically identical to the 2311.

Damn you TFTCentral and your false numbers!

Lol you guys harping on and on about input lag numbers. Change the record

Oh, yeah! :cool:

9yNAx.jpg

Hmm might have to get in contact with Dell to get this monitor replaced. Mine still buzzes (I was giving it a little while to see if it would go away as it "broke in"). It's not loud, but clearly audible since I have a quiet PC. They do advanced exchange right?

hmmmmm mine buzzes but the panel is otherwise perfect. i wonder if it's worth trying an exchange at the store.. it's been just over 2 weeks though, and i definitely don't want a refurb

Is it normal to have a little yellowish tint...would you guys replace it if it was yours?? otherwise the panel is perfect and it doesn't buzz

Is it normal to have a little yellowish tint...would you guys replace it if it was yours?? otherwise the panel is perfect and it doesn't buzz

I think you need to adjust your eyes somehow. You had a U2412M but said it had a yellowish tint, and now this. Are you sure maybe your eyes aren't the issue?

Not trying to put you down, but either A ) You actually haven't owned these screens or B ) You see yellow when you see white, or C ) Something is wrong with your setup where you have these screens.

no, i bought the u2412M but I returned it, because it had yellowish issue. Now I bought this one...it's better...but still..the left of the screen ...seems to have a yellowish tint over whites instead of the right of the screen....

no, i bought the u2412M but I returned it, because it had yellowish issue. Now I bought this one...it's better...but still..the left of the screen ...seems to have a yellowish tint over whites instead of the right of the screen....

I had that issue with my first U2412M, where part of the screen had a yellowish tint. The replacement doesn't have any noticeable yellow issues though.

the yellow tint is at the bottom left....it seems to shift depending on the angle I see the monitor? is this IPS glow or???
on the same side...where the bezel and the screen meets...there is like a yellowish bar that goes from the bottom to the top...about half centimeter wide...it looks burned in the display..

Last edited:
the yellow tint is at the bottom left....it seems to shift depending on the angle I see the monitor? is this IPS glow or???
on the same side...where the bezel and the screen meets...there is like a yellowish bar that goes from the bottom to the top...about half centimeter wide...it looks burned in the display..

I don't think that's IPS glow. IPS glow on these monitors is white shimmering from a heavy angle.

had no tinting on my sample, but got returned for inverter buzz (store wouldn't do an exchange :()

Back