Dell U2312HM

Lol man can anyone make up their mind in this thread
What I'm getting at is I'm trying to purchase two of these for my Street Fighter gatherings
If anyone has any experience with these monitors and fighting games hows is the input lag?!
I'm tring to figure out but it seems there is a lot of back and forth some claim its low some claim its not, no statistic is accurate

There is no input lag (1.1ms check PRAD.de) when measured properly.

There is no input lag (1.1ms check PRAD.de) when measured properly.

Thank you i will now be pulling the trigger on both of these, QQ anyone with an console hooked up to these what is your solution for audio? Was thinking i would have to get an astro mixamp to get audio from my xbox since there is no audio out but 100$ is pretty pricey

Have you considered the Asus PA238Q instead? It costs less and has better factory calibrated colors, no input lag+ fast response times. PRAD.de rates it higher than the Dell for gaming and overall.

Have you considered the Asus PA238Q instead? It costs less and has better factory calibrated colors, no input lag+ fast response times. PRAD.de rates it higher than the Dell for gaming and overall.

Yeah i saw it in another thread on here problem is they're about 300 as to where i found these for 200$ a piece. And if you're saying their is no input lag on these badboys i don't really see any reason in purchasing the asus i'm not to concerned with color accuracy since these will be used strictly for my consoles and double as a extended displays for my computer for chat boxes etc. etc.

I will say the the thought of HDMI / Audio out is very tempting.

Colors look better due to calibration so consider the better image quality+slightly better gaming performance. In Canada the Asus is 40$ less (280 vs 320).

I use the 2009 MixAmp with Denon D2000's for everything, no complaints given the pricing of the AMP. You can get all in 1 headset solutions for a bit more than the AMP by itself from Tritton and Turtlebeach.

Colors look better due to calibration so consider the better image quality+slightly better gaming performance. In Canada the Asus is 40$ less (280 vs 320).

I use the 2009 MixAmp with Denon D2000's for everything, no complaints given the pricing of the AMP. You can get all in 1 headset solutions for a bit more than the AMP by itself from Tritton and Turtlebeach.

Yeah I hear you and you make really good points, trust me if the Asus was cheaper for me ATM I would jump right on it but seeing as to how its not I won't be doing so ;_; If the input lag was really noticeably better i would but the colors won't sell me this time around for just streetfighter lol. And as far as the Mix Amp goes thanks for the input and yeah after surfing around i see a mixamp by itself runs you about 100$ i'm not looking for top tier audio once again i'm only playing fighting games on this thing lol i just need audio period if the monitor had on-board speakers which are usually horrible i'd even go for that

Both panels have no input lag, the Asus has slightly less ghosting (just checked both PRAD.de reviews) but unless you are used to a fast TN you probably won't notice.

Deciding between headsets is going to be hard, best to find people who have owned multiple sets rather than listening to people saying "I have X headset and love it" but have no experience with other models.

You can always use the 360's RCA Audio Cable+this to hook up to some decent 100$ speakers

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Both panels have no input lag, the Asus has slightly less ghosting (just checked both PRAD.de reviews) but unless you are used to a fast TN you probably won't notice.

Deciding between headsets is going to be hard, best to find people who have owned multiple sets rather than listening to people saying "I have X headset and love it" but have no experience with other models.

You can always use the 360's RCA Audio Cable+this to hook up to some decent 100$ speakers

Thank you! thats the solution i was looking for and i can use these with HDMI plugged in as well brilliant!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ils?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1319960588&sr=8-1&seller=
is this the amp you have? not going to lie pretty tempting to buy to power my AD700's for MW3
simulates 7.1 as well?

sorry for slight thread derail

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the older 5.1 version, the surround simulation only works with the Astro headsets, but the AD700's are better and work well with the AMP.

Called Dell yesterday to get an exchange on my monitor to see if the new one has less buzz. Apparently it's a well known issue at Dell now, with a sticky prominently displayed in their monitor support forums stating they are still investigating it and to get your monitor exchanged if you see the issue.

P.S. would moving to a display port connection provide me with any benefit? Right now I just run it via DVI, but my GPU has DP and miniDP outputs. I don't really see any theoretical advantage of buying a DP cable and using that, except if there was the possibility of raising the refresh rate >60Hz. I only run the single monitor so the eyefinity aspects of using DP, etc. don't matter for me right now.

Ruahrc

Last edited:
Masturshake..

did u get those Dell monitors??? if yes can u give some comments abut them?

how does they work with SF???

Masturshake..

did u get those Dell monitors??? if yes can u give some comments abut them?

how does they work with SF???

Sorry for the late response works perfect i was able to emulate the same input times i put in while at my local arcade / lan... This is the way to go if you want Lagless IPS monitors... fellow street fighter fan by chance?

Sorry for the late response works perfect i was able to emulate the same input times i put in while at my local arcade / lan... This is the way to go if you want Lagless IPS monitors... fellow street fighter fan by chance?

Yeah, but i myself play tekken... how did u connect to your conosle? hdmi-dvi converter?? did u by chance notice any ghosting/blur in SF?

Thanks for the headup!

I've been checking Dell Website everyday for "Red Hot Deal of the Day!" and "MONITOR DEAL OF THE WEEK" but never stumble upon a U2312HM price reduction.

It's funny to see that they offer rebate without notice.

I'm just wondering now if I should pull the trigger on 2x U2312HM or get 2x Asus PA238Q instead?

I've been reading a lot since a couple of days. I would say my usage will be 60% Adobe CS5, Lighwave 3D, web browsing and photo editing/retouching and 40% gaming (mainly games that have too small text or icons) since I do the rest of my gaming on my 52" Samsung LCD TV. What I want to do is connect my computer on both U2312HM and my Samsung TV.

Last edited:
Finally pulled the trigger on 2 x U2312HM!!!

For each monitor, it's a 115$ CAD rebate! 319$-100$-15$ (coupon). That is 204$ CAD (232.41$ CAD shipping and taxes included). Multiply that by 2 and you get 464.82$ total!

Might not be the best monitors if you compare similar ones, but for that price it's a great deal!

Thanks 10e for the headup on Dell's Deal!

Can you share the coupon code you used?

Sure. The coupon code for the 15$ rebate is L07TXSDW2NRR0H. I saw it on Dell Website. The other 100$ was an instant-rebate but it doesn't seem to be offered now.

And I was planning on holding out for a ~275 U2412m :(

Now, shall I add it to the two U2311h's I have at work... but that'd be a bit much, seeing as how my coworkers are still working off 2x U1905's or 2x 1907's...

Sure. The coupon code for the 15$ rebate is L07TXSDW2NRR0H. I saw it on Dell Website. The other 100$ was an instant-rebate but it doesn't seem to be offered now.

Yeah, I saw that I couldn't wait for your reply. Pulled the trigger at 11:30pm last night.

Got my replacement 2312HM in earlier this week, and I can happily report that the second doesn't buzz (or at least not nearly as loudly). I can hear it buzz, but I have to literally put my ear right up near the monitor to hear it. But it's no different than with my older 2209WAs, they too have a faint buzz if I put my ear right against the top of the monitor. Sitting at my desk in normal operating position, in the quietest my environment ever gets (computer even in sleep mode), I cannot hear it.

FWIW, both my monitors were Rev A01 (the first revision). The new monitor says it was manufactured July 2011, the original one I got said Aug 2011. I really don't think that makes a difference, but clearly there is some variability between individual units as far as buzz.

Also have to say was pretty impressed with Dell support. I think I called for an exchange on a Thursday evening, and the monitor showed up Monday (I think they used Fedex next-day delivery). It came so fast that it beat the shipping label that they supposedly mailed to me to return the old monitor (still hasn't arrived yet). And Dell Support actually called me on the phone to update/check in on the status of my exchange (honestly a little annoying but I appreciate the effort and proactiveness... they did the same with my earlier $60 refund). When I told them I got the monitor but no shipping label, they emailed me a UPS label within a couple hours, so I could pack up the old one and send it back. Thinking back I shoulda kept the old monitor around for a little so I could fool around with dual monitor Eyefinity gaming or something :) Oh well.

Overall a happy customer here with my U2312HM. It's a good monitor and just what I wanted, a good price and now mine doesn't buzz either.

Ruahrc

Thank you i will now be pulling the trigger on both of these, QQ anyone with an console hooked up to these what is your solution for audio? Was thinking i would have to get an astro mixamp to get audio from my xbox since there is no audio out but 100$ is pretty pricey

I have my PS3 hooked up to my U2311H, HDMI to DVI for the video, and have the PS3 set to output it's audio via the component+stereo cable that costs about $20 USD (for the Sony brand), and have the L/R going into a separate pair of phillips speakers :)

photoofk.jpg

photo2xkd.jpg

the black levels on my u2311h are pretty sweet though, i must admit (lagon.nl 4tw)

for someone who wants to buy a new monitor right now, would you suggest this or the U2311H?

I bought the u2311h 6 months ago. Was going to buy another 2 for eyefinity, but noticed that they are replaced with the u2312hm. This will be my first eyefinity setup so If i purchase these, will there be problems such as bezel correction etc.

A couple questions about this monitor:

1) Does the LED backlighting give everything a cool/blue push? I experienced this with the LG IPS 231.

2) Has anyone noticed any flicker or eye strain? I saw this mentioned in the U2412 thread.

Thanks.

I bought the u2311h 6 months ago. Was going to buy another 2 for eyefinity, but noticed that they are replaced with the u2312hm. This will be my first eyefinity setup so If i purchase these, will there be problems such as bezel correction etc.

two totally different monitors and bezels so yes, there would be compatibility issues with bezel correction (I think)

They have the same resolution and pixel pitch.
From amd website,

"Bezel compensation only works in Single Large Surface (SLS) mode with monitor groups that have a pixel resolution and density within a 5% tolerance of each other."

From 11.10 release log,

"Bezel compensation is now possible when using sets of displays that have mismatched pixel densities."

So it may be possible to enable bezel compensation, if it does not I can always set it manually.

Last edited:
I'm about to buy an IPS monitor and unfortunately my old computer can only support a vga as an input, I'm thinking of building a new desktop set up but until then I will use the monitor on my old desktop

will the quality be really bad?

I don't think that's IPS glow. IPS glow on these monitors is white shimmering from a heavy angle.

I replaced my monitor. This new one has additional yellowish IPS glow that is far far worse than the normal white shimmering in bottom left corner. Its the size of palm while the normal shimmering on 3 other corners is the size of your finger nail.

Back