Dell’s UltraSharp 2005FPW widescreen 20-inch LCD monitor.

tbt101 said:
$@&% DHL is shipping it! I am really worried that it could be a looong time before I get my package.

Thanks! Their estimated date of arrival is 8-2-05...a week after I ordered, I have the worst luck when it comes to these things! *Remembers I didn't pay for shipping*....ugh!

I said the same thing when I looked at my email this morning LOL. Never had a delivery from DHL. Hope its alright.

I wouldn't worry about the shipping. I ordered mine on Monday and received it yesterday. I have had 0 problems with dead pixels or backlight (some MINOR backlight in the upper right corner). Dell's site said I could expect the LCD between August 1st and August 3rd, but obviously they were dead wrong. Fast shipping considering it was free.

Thats good. I hope mine comes tomorrow so I can have it for the weekend. That would be the cat's pajamas.

Did yours come DHL or UPS? What state do you live in?

I'm mainly worried because even DHL says the ETA is August 2nd. And I live way out in the sticks (I live in Kentucky, and yes, we have the internet here) so I am worried they may not even find my place, never had them come up here before. Surely they will check at the post office for directions, though. It is only coming from Austin, TX. I don't see why it would take so long (shipped yesterday morning) if DHL runs on Sat. I would think for sure I would have it by then, but I am hoping for tomorrow.

I tried the last coupon code that was listed and it said it had expired. Are there more codes that can be entered to get that deal on this monitor?

Try to go to this place and look at the coupons they have. I'm not sure if you will be able to get it down to 389, but if you want to get it for that, I would just wait and see if you can get that deal (or a better one) in a month or so.

Actually, you can get it for 359 right now (Dang, I could have gotten it for even cheaper!)

Sorry OT: But when are they going to come out with the new Dell Ultrasharp 2006FPW?

This blows. The coupon expired like... a few hours before I went ahead and ordered it... and it even went down to 359 now.

I was going to order it last night on a whim, but though I have the money in the bank I still need my dad's CC and he wasn't home until late last night so I couldn't get it until today... and it expired... stupid 3000 uses. :(

How long till the next deal?

Hey man, I feel ya. The first time it went down to 389 I missed the deal by a few hours as well. Luckily another came up. If they keep this up, another coupon may be released tomorrow, that is what they have been doing lately. Just keep your eye open at techbargains for coupons. If one is not released soon, it may be a month or so before another deal like this comes up.

I'll just have my deal crazy friend keep a watch on it for me. He sits on Dell Outlets and FatWallet all day waiting for deals.

Still kind of saddening... but I couldn't have used it properly anyways, only tested it with my old old PC, since my new PC isn't close to built.

I dont see where that deal is. I just got on went to that link that said 359 and the cheapest I see is 489

Heh, I just got my second 2005fpw (bout the other one last week to test it)... got the secondone cheaper even with overnight shipping through dell SB (410 w/ overnight, other was 440 w/ regular)

Daaang 410 with overnight! I really wish I could have gotten overnight, DHL is scaring me.

I just got my 2005fpw today, I'm in love. No dead pixels, minor blacklight leakage (just noticed it). Assembled in Mexico, June 2005.
I can't believe I stuck with CRT for so long!

I just got mine in a couple days ago, Love it. It has minor backlight leakage (very minor compared to some here) and 5 stuck lit pixels. I havent decided if I should return it yet or not. How does the return procedure go for dell monitor's i've never bought anything from them before. they want a service tag for everything and this monitor does not have one I noticed.

You guys think I should keep it?

If you can massage those pixels back to life, I would keep it.

Justin, I believe you do have to sign it. Yours is coming DHL, when did you order? I ordered Tuesday and my ETA is next Tuesday :(

I tried rubbing them, I couldent get any of them to go away, though I don't know how much force to apply, or how long to rub em.

Hmm, I would apply firm, but not too firm, with a cloth under my finger of course. If the 5 pixels REALLY bother you I would exchange it, if they are not very noticible I wouldn't worry worth them and I would just keep it.

tbt101 said:
If you can massage those pixels back to life, I would keep it.

Justin, I believe you do have to sign it. Yours is coming DHL, when did you order? I ordered Tuesday and my ETA is next Tuesday :(

I ordered Tuesday also but I am hoping it gets here tomorrow. I heard they deliver early sometimes so. But my ETA is August 1.

Ooohh, ok. Yeah, I am also really hoping for tomorrow (ordered tuesday also). If not, oh well, It will be here soon enough. I'm in KY, and it shipped from Austin... where are you at and where did it ship from?

Oh yeah, what does your tracking say? Mine still says in transit out of Austin...

I see, well, it still says the same thing this morning, I really hope it comes today and it is just their tracking that sucks.

I don't believe so. When I try to get to DHLs tracking site, it says this page is unavailable.

Ok, I am extremely worried. I finally got on their site, and it has gone no where. This is extremely irritating. After I finally get it, I'm going to complain to Dell and tell them to NOT use DHL. (Since my opinion will change everything, lol)

Considering both of mine came from DHL, and the fact that "over-night" took three days from the order because dell screwed around for two days... in fact, dell only gave me the tracking number the day that it arrived, I would say that DHL isn't doing bad. Take it how you will.

My other one, shipped standard, took about a week.. plus the weekend (sat at DHL's local office over the weekend). I think I ordered it sunday (processed monday, got the tracking number for it on wed?) and got it the following monday, and I live in New Mexico.

When you ordered yours with regular shipping, can you remember how long it took the Tracker to update? It is 7:50 Central Time, and it still says it is in transit from Dell....wtf.

See, I have a tracking number. But when I track it, it only says that the item has been picked up from Austin, TX. I guess it is possible that it wont be scanned again until it at my door, it is just odd. I hope I get it early next week, otherwise I will be upset :p .

What I meant was, how often did your tracking number update for each scan? Did it take a few days for a scan to show up?

After getting mine this week I unofficaly vote the Dell 2005FPW the Best all around priced and performing LCD. :)

hot damn i got mine today. ordered on tuesday. no dead/pixels that i can see. slight light bleed lower left corner but i dont give a crap. its gorgeous.

Lucky! Ordered mine Tuesday as well, shipped Wed. morning. My package hasn't been scanned since that morning. When I track it, it just says "Picked up by DHL" at the "Shippers Door" so I am kind of worried. But I am sure everything will work out. The ETA isn't until 8-2 so if that day gets here and I still have no package, then I will be pissed!

Heh, I emailed Dell and told them it hadn't been updated at all. I got a 35$ coupon just for asking!

Hmm, this is bad.
leakage.jpg

The light on the top and the bottom-left corner I consider minor and it doesn't bother me much. But this leakage in the bottom right corner seems to have appeared just today and it's pretty distracting when playing a game or especially watching a movie. Anyone know how that would happen? (I didn't physically do anything to the panel since I got it, I've only touched it very lightly) I'm thinking I'll at least try to get a replacement. It may be picky, but I spent 400 bucks, I'm not just going to accept something faulty.

zig said:
Hmm, this is bad.

The light on the top and the bottom-left corner I consider minor and it doesn't bother me much. But this leakage in the bottom right corner seems to have appeared just today and it's pretty distracting when playing a game or especially watching a movie. Anyone know how that would happen? (I didn't physically do anything to the panel since I got it, I've only touched it very lightly) I'm thinking I'll at least try to get a replacement. It may be picky, but I spent 400 bucks, I'm not just going to accept something faulty.

Is this pic taken after the monitor has been on for a while and gotten a chance to warm up or is it right when its turned on? I have no leakage when it is first turned on but after half an hour of gaming the bleeding starts to appear.

JayD said:
Is this pic taken after the monitor has been on for a while and gotten a chance to warm up or is it right when its turned on? I have no leakage when it is first turned on but after half an hour of gaming the bleeding starts to appear.
Yeah I just noticed that too. When I got home today I turned on the monitor and didn't see the leakage, but now that it's been on a couple hours I can see it clearly again. Also, I don't have air conditioning. The first two days I was using the monitor the temperature was in the mid-70s; today and yesterday (when it first appeared) it has been in the lower 90s. I'm not 100% certain my issue is heat-related, but it sort of seems that way. (and also makes me wonder if it'd make any difference to get a different monitor since it'd be in the same conditions)

Back