LifeForce said:I have a couple questions about the monitor if someone wouldn't mind.
I'm not used to LCD screens and I've had various opinions on my 2005fpw since I got it in August. I had a black vertical line on the left side of my screen since I got it, so that along with the screen being loose from the frame were two reasons I got a new one.
....so the "refurbished" screen arrives and its muuuch brighter than my current one. But I don't know if its just that im not used to it, but it seems like its ghosting more than my first one....or maybe this one is and the first didn't but its noticeable.
Now here are a couple things id appreciate if someone could relate to me with:
1) When I scroll across the screen in a strategy title or turn in an FPS, does anyone notice how nothing is really focused at all until you stop again, sorta like a motion blur? I know it sounds "duh" but it seems like it happens less on my CRT screen. Is this a monitor issue or just how they are.
2) Ok, when you are in windows and you are on a long paged thread like this and you grab the scroll bar on the right, if you (not really fast) move it up and down do you sorta notice a warping or shifting effect of some kind?
3) When I move my folders or pagers around on my desktop the thinks inside get a bit blurry and the side of the folder get etchy.
Lastly...i think this is related to my specific screen but say when you move around in a game...does anyone seem to notice something creepy like a faint shadow that appears through the screen? I notice one at the top right of mine.
Anyway, thanks to anyone who could help clear up my LCD paranoia.
Well, on my 24in monitor here are my responces...
1. I got this a little on my NEC monitor, but not on the 2405 at all. Smooth movement in all FPS games I play. I do notice, however, that when I play Quake 4 or Doom 3 in Windows, I get some tearing, but in Linux, there is none at all.
HL2 and mods in Windows runs top notch with no tearing or any anomaly that I can see.
2. Again, in Windows, I get a strange screen lag when I browse the internet using Firefox and scroll up and down, but in Linux, Firefox scrolls smooth as butter.
3. Not a problem here; in Windows or Linux (Using KDE)
Maybe you have a strange driver issue or something. However, allot of your problem could be because you are using Windows. I have personally had allot more image and performance related issues with the 2405FPW in Windows and zero issues with Linux. YMMV, however...