Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

Looks so pretty... I won't be buying my new monitor for another 2 weeks so I suppose I'll wait for those 2 reviews on the 24" version I mentioned and if they're good I suppose I'll just pull the trigger ;)

Have you gotten any scratches on yours yet? I have at least 3 in the upper right hand corner. Very small but they are they none the less..

Hi Zod

No scratches, but I saw your post on how you got scratches from a microfiber cloth....that's not good. I clean my lenses and cam filters with a microfiber towel and never had problems...but you may need a bit of fluid or just water to keep from dragging a dry cloth across it.

Yeah mine is going back regardless. Its just too reflective for me. I got Dell to give me the U2412M for $250, so it saves me almost $200....I would have kept the 27 inch in a heart beat if it had the same anti-glare coating as say the Apple Display. But its just too mirrored and stuff etc for me.

Last edited:
Yes I can understand that. Glad you got a good deal on the U2412M. Please come back and give us your impressions of the new monitor. Good luck my friend and thank you for your posts!

As far as I know every VA screen is 8-bit it's one of the advantages of VA panels

Some in the dark photos....with ips glow shots....the red dot in one screen is the red led from my mouse...not a stuck pixel

uiKDZ.jpg

wxzUl.jpg

xUwmT.jpg

One thing i see is that there is no purple glow that's good it's less annoying.

Last edited:
Looks great but i'm not sure how much of a difference there is between 1080p on 24inch and on 27inch monitor. Is there any comparison pic out there?

Hi, i was searching for a 27" full hd IPS for games.

This was perfect, since i discovered it´s a "glossy" monitor.

I hate reflections on it

By the way, this Dell is 10 bits or 8?

I´ll keep searching...

May be LG DM92 it´s good

Greetings

Looks great but i'm not sure how much of a difference there is between 1080p on 24inch and on 27inch monitor. Is there any comparison pic out there?

Same as we've told you before, it's 3" larger.

Frameless

IPS glow is what I get after drinking a couple of brewskis. :D

I never saw it when I checked the monitor under normal daytime hours or at night when I had some lights on. The fact that I had to sit in total darkness and edge my way to the side to the monitor to see, seems pretty senseless. But I understand the need to want to know.

Every monitor I've had or dealt with, has had issues of some kind, you quickly learn to forget about it, it's just inherent to the technology for now. Your brain just adapts to it after a while and you soon forget what the hell you looking at in the first place.

It's like back light bleeding and ips glow, all monitors have it to some degree. You just get the best monitor you can afford, and go on with your life. There will be better ones tomorrow, and some people will wait til tomorrow, or next month...or maybe next year.

You think monitors are endless points of discussion?....you should spend some time in the photog forums....omg....it's nauseating.

Anyways, have a great day....hopefully I've been of some help!!

Cheers,

-Scorp out

Frameless

IPS glow is what I get after drinking a couple of brewskis. :D

I never saw it when I checked the monitor under normal daytime hours or at night when I had some lights on. The fact that I had to sit in total darkness and edge my way to the side to the monitor to see, seems pretty senseless. But I understand the need to want to know.

Every monitor I've had or dealt with, has had issues of some kind, you quickly learn to forget about it, it's just inherent to the technology for now. Your brain just adapts to it after a while and you soon forget what the hell you looking at in the first place.

It's like back light bleeding and ips glow, all monitors have it to some degree. You just get the best monitor you can afford, and go on with your life. There will be better ones tomorrow, and some people will wait til tomorrow, or next month...or maybe next year.

You think monitors are endless points of discussion?....you should spend some time in the photog forums....omg....it's nauseating.

Anyways, have a great day....hopefully I've been of some help!!

Cheers,

-Scorp out

Rofl. Well, thanks for the info. Dont think ill be going for the edge to edge glass models. Gonna pull the trigger on Dell S2340L, hopefully it will not have worse reflections than my Dell ST2220t which i have no problems with.

I never saw it when I checked the monitor under normal daytime hours or at night when I had some lights on. The fact that I had to sit in total darkness and edge my way to the side to the monitor to see, seems pretty senseless

Are you talking about glossy?

If you are telling me that the glossy effect is very low, i´ll trust and buy this one.

But if you can see reflections during the day, i mean with sun up, and lot of light through the window, this is not for me

Greetings and thanks Scorpio69

Looking forward to it. I'm planning on getting an S2340L when it's released here in Sweden in a week. Would love to see some more of it before I make the plunge.

Just got my S2740L, videos+pictures coming tonight.

Funny story. I got my replacement monitor today. It was supposed to be the U2412M to replace my 27 inch. Well they sent me another 27 inch :) And I think I may keep it. The monitor is beautiful no doubt. I just have to figure out a way to reduce the glare somewhat. This one the replacement that is, has no scratches on it :) No I have to make sure not to scratch it and get a nice clean microfiber cloth to clean it...

It was meant to be zod... ;)

Now just turn it away from the light and be happy. :p

It is indeed more reflective than a regular glossy display. Once set up to my CrossOver 2720MDP (12-14 ms of input lag) I instantly noticed the complete lack of input lag on the Dell.

The Stand really sucks though since it only tilts and the display itself sits only 4 inches/10cm above my desk. The top of an IPS displays bezel should line up with the top of ones head to reduce glow. It needs to sit 4 inches/10cm higher to match the top of my head, so I have it on top of a Corsair H50 box.

Update: UPS delayed my monitor till tomorrow. I will post pics and thoughts then.

Last edited:
It is indeed more reflective than a regular glossy display. Once set up to my CrossOver 2720MDP (12-14 ms of input lag) I instantly noticed the complete lack of input lag on the Dell.

The Stand really sucks though since it only tilts and the display itself sits only 4 inches/10cm above my desk. The top of an IPS displays bezel should line up with the top of ones head to reduce glow. It needs to sit 4 inches/10cm higher to match the top of my head, so I have it on top of a Corsair H50 box.

So this new 27 dell will be good for gaming?

Its perfect for gaming. I play BF3 and Skyrim on it and it has no input lag no ghosting its very very good at gaming..

Actually I ended up keeping my display :) The first one I had, it had a few scratches on it so I had it replaced. I can try that when I get home from work. But I'm sure once NCX posts his video it will be very very informative, which should be posted any time now..

Actually I ended up keeping my display :) The first one I had, it had a few scratches on it so I had it replaced. I can try that when I get home from work. But I'm sure once NCX posts his video it will be very very informative, which should be posted any time now..

Yes please try when you get home. Just start BF3, connect to any Caspian Border server and record like in video above. But please don't use fraps. Use camera.

Its perfect for gaming. I play BF3 and Skyrim on it and it has no input lag no ghosting its very very good at gaming..

But the glossy effect, in a normal daylight room, make lot of reflections on screen because of the glossy?

Greetings

NCX: Would be cool and appreciated if you could do a quick PWM dimming test on the display. No need for exact frequency. A semi-conclusive answer if it does PWM or not would suffice.

Just got and opened s2340l, and its has a fantastic picture. It does however have a dead pixel.:( Pic are coming soon.

Back