Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

I ordered late Thursday/early Friday from Costco and it hasn't shipped yet. Come on, hurry up...I'm impatient...:)

Ordered 02/23 and received 03/02 from Dell Canada. Rev A04 From Mexico with no dead pixels. Interestingly it has the pink tinge that others have described but from my test with gears of wars it is dark straight on at the bottom in certain scenes then lightens when I move to an angle so I'm doubting it is S-IPS.

The Xbox 360 looks impressive at 720p and 1080i with the component cable. I settled for 720p in aspect mode. I will be purchasing the VGA cable tonight and report back once I try 1080p. x264 720p videos of LOST also looked awesome in 1920x1200 through VGA out on my laptop. Monitor seems very bright so I need to tone it down, what is the best way to tune this thing if being used mostly for gaming?

Very impressed and happy with my purchase!

For those that ordered from Costco how long did it take for your order to go from "in process" to "shipped"?

For those that ordered from Costco how long did it take for your order to go from "in process" to "shipped"?

Mine took a couple of days. I'm sure the time delay is from them somehow contacting Dell and providing them with your info to have it shipped to you.

Yup - I did say that I got it from UK in the original original post. Shipping would be expensive - not sure on the state of play of anyone offering guaranteed A04's from US/canada eBay stores. However there seems to be a gorwing movement of people getting A04's direct from Dell or Costco etc. so you should still be in luck.

No you don't have to disconnect, you can connect a DVI, VGA, Component & composite simultaneously and switch easily from one to another using a button on the front of the monitor.

I'm not sure about the colour washout you have described. I have played GoW/TDU/Fight Night and they all look as good as they did on my excellent CRT that's listed in my sig. You will always get two camps, one who love it and those who loathe it no matter what. But I think you will find that most here are able to distinguish that the 360 looks great on the Dell. Especially if you give it the best possible connect ie. VGA.

I have my set up exactly as you have described - Mac via DVI and 360 via VGA.

Is there any lag when you're changing input? If so, how long is it?

This really sucks, no one know or I haven't seen anyone posted they get an A04 in the US. Even the worker at Dell say on the forum they still stock A03 and A04 both at the same time, I think there will be more A03 in the stocks, so even ordering now people may still be getting A03 model. I don't like Dell keeping old stock monitor, they should either just flash it or sell it to other business only, not consumer like us.

I would really like to get an A04, having 1:1 Aspect Ratio is really great and what I'm after. However, I think I have pull the trigger too soon. I order on Sunday and now it's shipping the following Monday. Now I'm feeling a little bum about this, after waiting month after month I'm still not going to Garantee an A04. If it come as an A03, I'm not going to keep it because I would feel rob and cheated! Does anyone know if Dell going to make me ship the monitor back with money out of my own pocket? Even if I didn't open the box? That would really sucks. I have to pay shipping fee out of my own pocket before as a result from a Dell 2407WFP A03 I bought direct from Dell. I return it for a refund because it have green trail, and buzzing noise when the panel get really hot. :( :( :(

This really sucks, no one know or I haven't seen anyone posted they get an A04 in the US. Even the worker at Dell say on the forum they still stock A03 and A04 both at the same time, I think there will be more A03 in the stocks, so even ordering now people may still be getting A03 model. I don't like Dell keeping old stock monitor, they should either just flash it or sell it to other business only, not consumer like us.

I would really like to get an A04, having 1:1 Aspect Ratio is really great and what I'm after. However, I think I have pull the trigger too soon. I order on Sunday and now it's shipping the following Monday. Now I'm feeling a little bum about this, after waiting month after month I'm still not going to Garantee an A04. If it come as an A03, I'm not going to keep it because I would feel rob and cheated! Does anyone know if Dell going to make me ship the monitor back with money out of my own pocket? Even if I didn't open the box? That would really sucks. I have to pay shipping fee out of my own pocket before as a result from a Dell 2407WFP A03 I bought direct from Dell. I return it for a refund because it have green trail, and buzzing noise when the panel get really hot. :( :( :(

Huh? I think many people in US who order 2407 recently got A04... :confused:

Well, I did scan through the thread in the 18 - 20. Didn't read every single one. No one mention A04 Seattle WA. Just a fews other state within US. I went to Dell Forum and some user there claiming they received A03. I check the poster date and it was around 2/26/07. ChrisM there also mention it's no Garantee getting an A03 because they have both in stock, and you are not sure what you are going to get. I let you guy know in the next fews day when I received my monitor. But I heard people claiming the A04 have more ghosting and it was really bad? :eek:

Well, I did scan through the thread in the 18 - 20. Didn't read every single one. No one mention A04 Seattle WA. Just a fews other state within US. I went to Dell Forum and some user there claiming they received A03. I check the poster date and it was around 2/26/07. ChrisM there also mention it's no Garantee getting an A03 because they have both in stock, and you are not sure what you are going to get. I let you guy know in the next fews day when I received my monitor. But I heard people claiming the A04 have more ghosting and it was really bad? :eek:

You may have heard, but what you heard just isn't true. There is absolutely no ghosting and it is in fact an excellent screen.

I also doubt this screen is S-IPS, but it doesn't put me off and I'm glad I got it :cool:

Some PIP questions.

I run my FP2001 with DVI. Unfortunately it cannot take PIP from a standard VGA connection, it can from S-comp/etc.

Is the 24 any different? I would like to have the second PC as PIP through a VGA connection.

Ordered 2-28, received 3-2. No dead pixels, ghosting or anything negative. Everyone who hasn't been around a large monitor is awestruck.:eek: This thing is great! It's an AO4 shipped from Texas, made south of the border.

What do you mean by ghosting? because i think my A03 suffers from this. also i cant choose 1:1, which makes me a little bit mad. I do have a 3 year warranty on it though, so i dont think returning it will be a problem.

edit: If I do return it, and they ask me whether its plugged into the wall, or a surge protector, whats the right answer to give them so i dont have to hear about some voided warranty crap?

Sorry to ask this, but it doesnt seem to have been answered. Is anyone using a PS3 with a HDMI > DVI lead and a resolution of 1080p?

Does the A04 support 1080p signals over DVI and does it allow 1:1 mapping with this configuration. Its like looking for a needle in a haystack this thread. :)

Thanks,

Mike

What do you mean by ghosting? because i think my A03 suffers from this. also i cant choose 1:1, which makes me a little bit mad. I do have a 3 year warranty on it though, so i dont think returning it will be a problem.

edit: If I do return it, and they ask me whether its plugged into the wall, or a surge protector, whats the right answer to give them so i dont have to hear about some voided warranty crap?

Ghosting in fast pace action games. Some claim with A04 Ghosting is more obvious and worse then the A03. Like in WoW, there a bit of streak and ghosting. Dragging window fast over a black background leave ghosting. This is what I heard from people with the A04 anyway. But I never play WoW, so I never experiment it myself. This could also may be slow graphic card?

Ghosting in fast pace action games. Some claim with A04 Ghosting is more obvious and worse then the A03. Like in WoW, there a bit of streak and ghosting. Dragging window fast over a black background leave ghosting. This is what I heard from people with the A04 anyway. But I never play WoW, so I never experiment it myself. This could also may be slow graphic card?

That's weird... If you read the last few page of this thread, I haven't heard any A04 owner has ghosting issue.

Well, if people experience ghosting they should realize it is typical of LCD's. A small abount should be expected. If any ghosting is unacceptable, I'd say go back to a CRT.

Does Dell give credit for monitors? I just bought the 22" WS from them but im having issues with it and this one looks much more attractive. Can I send them my old one and get a credit or something and just pay the $350 difference?

Does Dell give credit for monitors? I just bought the 22" WS from them but im having issues with it and this one looks much more attractive. Can I send them my old one and get a credit or something and just pay the $350 difference?

If you return it in 21 days of invoice billing.

I ordered from Costco on Friday (3/2/07). Received an automated phone call yesterday (3/5/07) giving a tracking # and stating that it would be delivered today. The call also said that someone had to be home to sign for it. I also received a shipping confirmation e-mail yesterday.

I live in Delaware [no sales tax :) ] and it arrived this morning from Tennesee. Made in Mexico, Ver. A04 , no dead or stuck pixels.

Let the games begin!!

I ordered from Costco on Friday (3/2/07). Received an automated phone call yesterday (3/5/07) giving a tracking # and stating that it would be delivered today. The call also said that someone had to be home to sign for it. I also received a shipping confirmation e-mail yesterday.

Man...I got an email this morning, and I ordered the same day. The tracking number is invalid. *sigh*

Give a couple of hours 'til it becomes valid..:D
What's there to hurry? It's all yours anyway. :D

The email arrived just after midnight. It should be valid by now.

My hope was that it would arrive on Wednesday. That's the day I work from home. If not it will get delivered to the leasing office and I can't pick it up until Sunday - they open after I leave for work and they close before I get home...

Ordered on 03/01. Shipped on 03/02. Delivered on 03/06(today). A04 from TN. With Peerless LCT-101 LCD arm is very sweet!

The salesperson I talked to(Jenny) said that Rev A04 is all they're shipping now.

Argent60

I ordered mine on 3/2 from Costco - received it 3/6 - A04 made in mexico shipped from Austin. Everything looks good so far.

Thanks for the input! :) Greatly appreciate it.

Looks like the HN213 is a S-PVA panel (can anyone confirm this based on the above images?) The tone around the center is darker than the other regions of the screen.

Could someone with a HN208L panel do the same test above too? :D

As for the panels used for the 2407WFP A04, "the Inquirer" reports in a review
(http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37769):

"[...] reviewed monitor revision is "A04", manufactured in December of last year."

"For the A04, Dell opted for two versions of the Samsung S-PVA panel, HN208L or HN213. Other difference from A03 is updated firmware and a little bit different OSD (On-Screen Display)."

"This monitor features Samsung's S-PVA panel marked HN208L, featuring a resolution of 1920x1200 pixels which are ticking at 60 Hz. Physical characteristics of this display are 6ms response time with 1000:1 contrast ratio and 450 candelas of brightness. In subjective opinion of this author, 2407WFP actually has better, darker level of black than 3007WFP has, and much better picture homogeneity - no smudges are present on the screen."

Does anybody have any specific information on these panels? I could not find any information on Samsung's website...

US Dell.com price just dropped to $699 from $750 so the sale price is $629! They have dropped the price twice recently, I hope they arent planning a replacement soon. I want to get this monitor while it is at these good prices, If they make a new one price will be up to $800.

PULLED THE TRIGGER ON THE $629 DEAL....PLUS IF U HAVE DELL PREFFERED CARD, USE CREDIT CARD CHECKOUT AND GET ANOTHER 3% OFF! Shipped price after taxes/3% discount comes out to $665;)

I also called Sales to see if they could lower the price anymore but they are dead firm now since $629 is pretty damn low anyway for a Rev A04.

The 2407 may not be the BEST 24" out there but for the price +3 yr warranty is a NO-BRAINER. Im 100 % satisfied with my purchase......if only I get one with no dead pixels:rolleyes:

Frag

Just have 1 question. People that ordered over the phone like me, never got the receipt of the purchase. So what do we do if God forbid something happens to the monitor in the next 3 years? How do we prove our purchase?

Just have 1 question. People that ordered over the phone like me, never got the receipt of the purchase. So what do we do if God forbid something happens to the monitor in the next 3 years? How do we prove our purchase?

I got a receipt in the mail not quite a week after i ordered mine. You should get one too.

Dammit...why did dell have to drop the price? If Costco matches it within 30 days I can get the difference, otherwise I have to take the monitor back and order another one, which seems lame/stupid.

I just called dell and got a $40 credit. So instead of 674.10 i got it for 634.10. :D
Certainly cannot complain.

US Dell.com price just dropped to $699 from $750 so the sale price is $629! They have dropped the price twice recently, I hope they arent planning a replacement soon. I want to get this monitor while it is at these good prices, If they make a new one price will be up to $800.

I thought that they were going to come out with a 2407WFP - "HC" model soon...so you may be right.

Back