Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

I thought that they were going to come out with a 2407WFP - "HC" model soon...so you may be right.

By "HC" you mean high contrast?

One of the nice things about buying from Costco...if it's here in 4 months and down to the $750 range and really worth it then maybe I'll pick one up. :)

Mine came today after I ordered it late on 3/3. Shipped from Austin and it's a Revision A04. Very nice.

well, I pulled the trigger and grabbed a 2407 today (3/1/07, $674.10 shipped) I'll let you guys know what revision it is and how it looks once I get it...I wasn't up for upping the 3-5 day shipping :(

Got my 24" yesterday, A04 rev. 0 dead/stuck pixels :)

Is it worth getting the extended warranty for 5 years? I asked the CSR and he said that the warranty covers even 1 dead pixel. If that's the case, I'll probably get the extended warranty. Can anyone confirm this?

thx

whats the difference between the HC and A04? If it is significant, I might just sell mine since I got it for so cheap :p

Has anyone connected VGA, DVI and component all at once yet?
Can you still use component in this configuration?

Also do you still need to change the sharpness setting to 30 to stop the artifacts appearing when running a 360 through VGA?

are there any reviews on the HC? have they drastically improved from the 2407 a04 vanilla versions?

FYI - the price jumped back up to $699!

are there any reviews on the HC? have they drastically improved from the 2407 a04 vanilla versions?

It seems that if you call for a dell 30" and ask for a "HC" version, you can get it. Im thinking of calling Dell about a HC 24" version and seeing if its available or when....really busy at work today so if anyone else can can call and find out great.

It seems that if you call for a dell 30" and ask for a "HC" version, you can get it. Im thinking of calling Dell about a HC 24" version and seeing if its available or when....really busy at work today so if anyone else can can call and find out great.

you know you can chat online w/ dell sales..i'll try and ask them.

$50 for 2 more years of free replacement was a no-brainer for me. And if nothing goes wrong I won't get it on the next one. I was also told it can be replaced with even 1 dead pixel. Out of the box, this thing is gorgeous! And HC is SUPPOSED to BETTER!!?? Now that I'd like to see.

Got mine yesterday through Costco. A04, Mexico, shipped from Tennessee, all pixels look fine.

The only issue I have is with the stand. The height adjustment is spring loaded and uses the weight of the display to keep it in place. The locking mechanism only works at full extension, and I'd rather have a tightener to keep it from popping up if I bump it. Also, in landscape position, the display is slightly rotated clockwise. Hopefully over the next few days I can break it in and stretch it in the other direction to even it out.

It would be great if someone could confirm the rumor about the 2407-HC...I'm considering buying an A04 now that they're out in full force but I'd be very disappointed if I got one and found out that an HC version is on the way. If only the 30" Dell is getting an HC version then I may go ahead and pull the trigger on an A04.

Got an A03 and A04, both are very good. Personally I can't tell the difference.

What I noticed for both of these is that they are crooked!!! :(

They both sag to the right, is this normal?? Does it settle after a few days?

I don't want to get a replacement since both monitors have 0 dead-pixels and backlight is pretty good/uniform.

csr just told me they have no intentions of selling a hc..but then again take that w/ a grain of salt..

Upate: dell lady in phillipines say they'll release it in the middle of this year..

what exactly is the difference?

Ordered mine 3/5, picked it up at UPS last night (3/7). Shipped from Nevada to Cali, made in Mexico, A04. Took it out of box, but haven't fired it up yet.

Got an A03 and A04, both are very good. Personally I can't tell the difference.

What I noticed for both of these is that they are crooked!!! :(

They both sag to the right, is this normal?? Does it settle after a few days?

I don't want to get a replacement since both monitors have 0 dead-pixels and backlight is pretty good/uniform.

You most likely won't notice a difference unless you need the 1:1 mapping on the A04...however, could you try something for me? I read on another forum that A04 users were saying that it has slightly more input lag than the A03. Personally I find this very hard to believe, but if you could hook both of them up and do a test for this it would be greatly appreciated. :)

You most likely won't notice a difference unless you need the 1:1 mapping on the A04...however, could you try something for me? I read on another forum that A04 users were saying that it has slightly more input lag than the A03. Personally I find this very hard to believe, but if you could hook both of them up and do a test for this it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Really? I played some PS2 game (Okami, Gradius 5 and Gundam VS Z-Gundam) on main screen and PIP and I don't notice any input lag... :confused:

Mmkay, well it's possible that either you don't notice it or it is in fact not any worse than it was with the A03. Some people get used to input lag rather quickly (it's pretty much a known fact that most 24" panels have some degree of lag). I just wanted to make sure it wasn't any worse on the A04 than the A03...probably just someone spreading misinformation, as usual. :rolleyes:

how do I test for input lag? I don't play any games, except WC3.

Well there are a couple of methods to measure the exact amount of lag in ms, but as far as a direct comparison with the A03 you would hook both of them up to your video card so that they are displaying the same signal and move your mouse around while they are side by side. If the cursors stay synched up on both panels then this is a good thing; if the cursor on the A04 lags behind the one on the A03 then the A04 would have greater input lag.

mine showed up this morning

a04

brand new from an ebayer with 100% over 5 years of dealing

$600 shipped to my door

looks amazing over dvi, no problem pixes - played a little painkiller and some hl2 way up
in the 1920x1200 stratosphere - nice nice nice...

i cant see how anyone bashes this thing - still havent tested the ps3 or the 360 at 1080p

plan on doing that later :)

this is years better than my sceptre 20" - no bleed at all in all black scenes - contrast, brightness... everything is exactly as i expected

so far i dont have any quips at all...

further testing to come...

so far though, this is complements my 8800 very nicely!

best $600 ive spent in a long time...

well, there was that time with those twins....

I debated between the 2407 and 3007 HC for the past couple of weeks and decided that I'd feel too guilty dropping $1500 on a single component for my computer. Mine won't ship until 3/13 though :(

Well...

Looks like the battle has started. They are saying that they will not let me upgrade monitors unless I pay the 15% restocking fee. Since that is the case, I ask if I can return it for a full refund and then REORDER a newer version if I have too. I'm on the 21st day of my return so whew!

Until I call and they tell me that the 21 days start when ordered. WTF? I explained that I didn't even have it physically for 21 days and how could I know if I needed to return it if I didn't have the full time to test it. Secondly, if I had known the of the "once ordered" time line, I would have called them sooner. Not looking good. So I went round and round with them and I am waiting on a return phone call from their supervisor.

Any advice as to what I can say to get this resolved in a timely fashion. I should not have to pay a 15% restocking fee for the same dang equipment that is the same price. Any advice is welcomed.

Daines1

Bummer. The 21 day satisfaction starts when the invoice is generated.

Good luck

Got my monitor today... manufacture date was February 2007 so I'm assuming it's the A04... and either way, there's no dead pixels and it looks unbe-fuckin-lievable. Wow. An absolutely huge step up from my Viewsonic G90fb CRT monitor.

Time to play some games.

I'm shopping for a Dell 24" and I have a 10% off coupon. When I checked Dell's web site yesterday the price for the display was $629 with free shipping. Along with the coupon I have it would have made the cost $566. I should have ordered yesterday. I checked today and the price is back up to $699.

Any idea how often Dell discounts the displays on their site? My coupon is good through May 5th.

Any recommendations where I can get a great price on the monitor?

I also have a 15% off refurb Dell Monitors. I'm afraid to order refurb because I'd assume most of the refurbs will be Rev 03 displays returned by all of the people on this forum. :)

Have anyone ordered from the refurb site and recieved a Rev 04?

I also have a 15% off refurb Dell Monitors. I'm afraid to order refurb because I'd assume most of the refurbs will be Rev 03 displays returned by all of the people on this forum. :)

Have anyone ordered from the refurb site and recieved a Rev 04?

If you don't get the A04 you can always return and buy another.
If it's A04 you really want.

How do you know which revision you have? How would I check? And does the refurb site have the same return policy?

It's there on the box so you know which revision you're getting.
I believe refurb units come with 90day warrenty but you can add extra warrenty for cheap.
My friend bought 2 2405FPW from Dell Outlet and he was able to get the latest revision, A05.
They came in like they were new. Perheps, they were NEW. :D
Some customers return their item without opening it so there's a good chance you end up getting a new unit.

Back