Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

Damn that sucks. But on their website it says:

When I talked to them earlier they said it wasn't a computer. And this isn't a TV. So we'll see. And if they say "yeah, 90 days" then I'll ask them if they can give me a reason to buy it from them instead of Dell. And when they say no then I'll say "Ok, just to make sure you're aware - your policy change cost you a sale. I'm calling Dell.

Good thing I never bought a membership....

The new policy is still very good, one of the better ones in the industry. And they still offer 2 year Costco warranty alongside the 3 year Dell warranty. So you get more by going with Costco unless you get huge discounts by buying online from Dell.

If someone is going to not renew their membership just because an abused policy got downgraded to a still respectable policy then I don't know what to say. I'm sure Best Buy or Comp USA will be more than happy to accommodate the abusers.

The new policy is still very good, one of the better ones in the industry. And they still offer 2 year Costco warranty alongside the 3 year Dell warranty. So you get more by going with Costco unless you get huge discounts by buying online from Dell.

No you don't....the Dell warranty is already greater than the Costco warranty. So you'd never use the Costco warranty.

synergyo1 said:
If someone is going to not renew their membership just because an abused policy got downgraded to a still respectable policy then I don't know what to say. I'm sure Best Buy or Comp USA will be more than happy to accommodate the quitters.

Electronics are all that Costco had to offer me. I don't buy hot dogs 50 at a time...

No you don't....the Dell warranty is already greater than the Costco warranty. So you'd never use the Costco warranty.

Electronics are all that Costco had to offer me. I don't buy hot dogs 50 at a time...

Sure you can. You have choices to TWO warranties within the first two years. Either wait a few days for Dell to send you a refurbish replacement or just go to Costco and pick up a new replacement the same day.

In addition the 90 days for refunds is still better than Dells 21 day refund policy.

was calibrating my monitor and came to some rather interesting observations...
While i was checking the pitch black screen, i looked the panel from wide angles and the picture didnt really turn grey, but rather pinkish. :eek: Now Im probably just tripping here but why dont the other A04 owners do the same and tell me what are your experiances. Ill try to take some screenies once i figure out how to get Nokia pc suite work with Vista...

If the pink = IPS panel, then this is rather interesting, imo. :cool:

I know,I too have a S-IPS 2407,I have heavily suspected it for a good two days now,but I am sure of it now !! :cool: I work with a S-IPS at work from NEC,and its pretty easy to tell the difference.There is also another thread on here (lottery) that explains the dif as well.Is it that Dell buys in such HUGE bulk,that makes it so they can afford it ? Or are they cheaper then recently thought ? Or are certain people fibbing about the cost of S-IPS panels ?

I have two S-IPS panels in my home,and one is from Dell,and it aint a 2007 :D

Ok here is an absolutelly terrible picture out of my Nokia n80 and very low lights. About to try again, if i cant get a better pic, ill take some shots tomorrow during the daylight.
dell.jpg

That is exactly what mine looks like in a dark room.As for the other picture (clickable)
I see no extra details when shifting my view at all,in the darker part of the shot.

I dont see extra details neither, but when looking at the far far opposite corner of the screen from a very close range, you'll get a little lighter surface, and in my opinion thats normal and on every panel. If i move my head and look at the same middle spot, the details are absolutelly the same. This is getting rather interesting here... :eek:

For those who think their panels might be SIPS

Load this image
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8294/img6440ytestpiccyes8.jpg

Face perpendicular to the dark spot located mid bottom of the image. Now move your head off to either side. Do the details become more clearer in the dark area? If so then it is most likely a PVA panel.

If you can already see the details clearly in the dark area and moving your head doesn't change anything then it could be a SIPS. Couple the following with the purple fringe when viewing blacks then it is most likely SIPS.

Nice image mate. For fun I loaded it on my crappy 17" secondary Acer monitor. Yeah all dark and crap. Then I loaded it on my Dell30" HC....BOY WHAT A DIFFERENCE! :D Everything clear as daylight! All details magically appeared. What your image helped me with was make me decide once and for all that I definitely won't settle for a non S-IPS panel for my secondary display (as I am in the market for a second screen).

Returned a Gateway 24inch after a week of use, just couldn't come to terms with the black smearing/ghosting.

Just got my A04 today.

Been gaming with it all night and no complaints yet.

Looks like a very nice monitor.

I loaded few games and tried it on my new 2407, and I must say, it cant even compare with my 22" Iiyama CRT i just sold. lcd technology is far, far from crt's at least for fast paced fps games. However, for everything else this lcd is never short of amazing.

Sorry if this is a repeated question, but I don't have the time to scan through an entire thread after thread. What I want to know is, if I buy now from Dell website will I garantee an A04? Is the Dell 2407WFP really 8bits? I heard people claiming it's 6bits? Also, I want to know about the green trail where you drag a window on a white background is fix yet?

I ordered my 2407 yesterday at 5pm, and received it today 10am!! (UK local time)

I got the A04 revision as promised by the ebay store, AND saved a nice sum compared to buying from the Dell store. And avoided the seeming 'Dell lottery'. Though most are starting to get A04's.

Looks great at 1080p from my 360 via VGA 1:1, and from my Mac via DVI at 1900x1200.:D

No dead pixels at all, all original packaging. I'm very impressed and really happy!!

Yay me! lol

Hi everyone. I did a search on this and did not find any information. I stumbled across two Dell Part numbers for the 2407wfp. Does anyone think these two part numbers are for different revisions? The part numbers in question are Dell Part# 320-4335 and 466-1597.

For those that ordered and got the A04 revision... what part number did you order?

Sure you can. You have choices to TWO warranties within the first two years. Either wait a few days for Dell to send you a refurbish replacement or just go to Costco and pick up a new replacement the same day.

Do they actually have the 2407 in their store? I don't think they do. They drop-ship from Dell. So you can return it locally but then would get shipped a refurb from Dell.

Do they actually have the 2407 in their store? I don't think they do. They drop-ship from Dell. So you can return it locally but then would get shipped a refurb from Dell.

My local Costco certainly doesn't carry them in stock. No Dell monitors for that matter.

So I called Costco.

First off, anything on their site has a red warning that the new policy applies.

Secondly the new policy doesn't apply to monitors. To them it's not a TV.

So yes, you can still order at Costco and essentially get a lifetime warranty. Which is what I shall now do...

Yeah, if you go to their website and click a link for say a TV, it has in red print a notice about the new return policy:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11152730&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&N=4001382&Mo=27&pos=1&No=11&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=3316&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&ec=&topnav=

And if you look at the 2407, no notice:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11152636&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&N=4019669&Mo=5&pos=0&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=62021&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&ec=&topnav=

In case anyone is wondering, I ordered mine from there last week and got revision A04. It was shipped straight from Dell as well.

hey Najeroni, how is the monitor so far? and what kind of shipping did you get/was available?

im pretty sure costco still offers the unlimited warranty on it too.

btw, first time poster, long time watcher.

well, I pulled the trigger and grabbed a 2407 today (3/1/07, $674.10 shipped) I'll let you guys know what revision it is and how it looks once I get it...I wasn't up for upping the 3-5 day shipping :(

hey Najeroni, how is the monitor so far? and what kind of shipping did you get/was available?

im pretty sure costco still offers the unlimited warranty on it too.

btw, first time poster, long time watcher.

Monitor is excellent. Zero dead pixels and little if any backlight bleed, bc I cant see any. There was only one method of shipping, and that is included in the $675 price. Tax was added on top of that so it came out total to about $705.

I ordered it last Thursday night. It shipped Monday from Austin, TX and got to me on Wednesday (yesterday).

Recieved my monitor today from Austin, TX. It's a rev. A04. Made in Mexico. So far, everything looks good.

Last dumb questions before I pull the trigger...I assume the 1000:1 is a static contrast? Is there a dynamic contrast rating for this monitor? Are there any similar monitors that do the dynamic trick and is it worth anything?

Well I received my replacement monitor yesterday. It came from TN and it was an A04.
If you run anything other that 1920x1200 it in fact does allow you to select aspect, 1:1 or Fill on all the inputs now. :D

The only thing with this monitor over my A03 is the brightness is way to high.
I used windows media center edition to calibrate the brightness (via the DVI connection) where you turn it down until the moving X is gone and I have to put the brightness down to around 5-13 on this display the A03 I went down to 21.

The A04 doesnt have any dead pixels and look really pretty good so I am going to keep her.

Anyone know of a good calibration tool to setup the color on the monitor for the component inputs?

I ordered mine from Costco on 2/26 and received today. The LCD shipped from TX and it's A04! I am going to unpack it when I get home. :D

Well I ordered last night...hoping it will ship monday and get here by Wednesday - I'm in Northern CA. But we'll see. Wed is my work from home day so I'd have plenty of time to set it up.

I ordered my 2407 yesterday at 5pm, and received it today 10am!! (UK local time)

I got the A04 revision as promised by the ebay store, AND saved a nice sum compared to buying from the Dell store. And avoided the seeming 'Dell lottery'. Though most are starting to get A04's.

Looks great at 1080p from my 360 via VGA 1:1, and from my Mac via DVI at 1900x1200.:D

No dead pixels at all, all original packaging. I'm very impressed and really happy!!

Yay me! lol

Which store did you bought it from? Can you tell me how the xbox 360 look on your monitor? Is it as good as PC gaming? Does the colour look washout? Are you using the xbox 360 on component or VGA?

Hi everyone. Received my monitor today, and received an A04 as well shipped from Nashville, TN.

Ordered and shipped on 2/28. Got it today 3/2. Shipped from Austin Texas. Rev A04 made in Mexico.

Can anyone with an A04 confirm whether they still need to adjust the sharpness of the monitor to stop visual tearing while playing Xbox 360 over VGA?
Also is the component input useable when a VGA and DVI input is connected?
Cheers

Which store did you bought it from? Can you tell me how the xbox 360 look on your monitor? Is it as good as PC gaming? Does the colour look washout? Are you using the xbox 360 on component or VGA?

I bought mine from 'pcbuyit'. Just do a search for 2407 WFP on ebay.co.uk and you should find it. (Not sure if you can post links to the listing on here, pm me if you want it/can't find it. They did have a big stock, but they are running out fast)

Do tell them I recommended you if you do buy one through them. I don't expect anything in return, but I am helping them with business LOL. Oh, and they mention that if the unit has even 1 dead pixel, they will replace the unit for a new one - minus shipping costs of course. I didn't have any dead pixels, or any that I could see anyway.

As I said in my original post, I'm hooking up my 360 through VGA as I'm pretty sure that's the only one that gives you 1080p. Correct me if I am wrong, but a component connection (analog) outputs 1080i max from the 360. Anywho, it looks amazing as far as I can tell - and I am fairly picky when it comes to monitors. I don't get any tearing, colour is suitably rich and vibrant!

It is still a bit of a shock sometimes as to the sheer size of this beauty!

I bought mine from 'pcbuyit'. Just do a search for 2407 WFP on ebay.co.uk and you should find it. (Not sure if you can post links to the listing on here, pm me if you want it/can't find it. They did have a big stock, but they are running out fast)

Do tell them I recommended you if you do buy one through them. I don't expect anything in return, but I am helping them with business LOL. Oh, and they mention that if the unit has even 1 dead pixel, they will replace the unit for a new one - minus shipping costs of course. I didn't have any dead pixels, or any that I could see anyway.

As I said in my original post, I'm hooking up my 360 through VGA as I'm pretty sure that's the only one that gives you 1080p. Correct me if I am wrong, but a component connection (analog) outputs 1080i max from the 360. Anywho, it looks amazing as far as I can tell - and I am fairly picky when it comes to monitors. I don't get any tearing, colour is suitably rich and vibrant!

It is still a bit of a shock sometimes as to the sheer size of this beauty!

Do you live in the UK? I live in Canada and shipping from the UK to Canada is going to be expensive.

The reason why I ask about the colour is because in the past, people said Xbox 360 looks like crap on the 2407. So you're telling me that the colour is as vibrant as PC gaming on the monitor? Also, if I connect the xbox 360 to the VGA port and my computer via DVI, how do I switch the monitor to display the xbox 360? Do I have to disconnect one of the cables?

Do you live in the UK? I live in Canada and shipping from the UK to Canada is going to be expensive.

The reason why I ask about the colour is because in the past, people said Xbox 360 looks like crap on the 2407. So you're telling me that the colour is as vibrant as PC gaming on the monitor? Also, if I connect the xbox 360 to the VGA port and my computer via DVI, how do I switch the monitor to display the xbox 360? Do I have to disconnect one of the cables?

Yup - I did say that I got it from UK in the original original post. Shipping would be expensive - not sure on the state of play of anyone offering guaranteed A04's from US/canada eBay stores. However there seems to be a gorwing movement of people getting A04's direct from Dell or Costco etc. so you should still be in luck.

No you don't have to disconnect, you can connect a DVI, VGA, Component & composite simultaneously and switch easily from one to another using a button on the front of the monitor.

I'm not sure about the colour washout you have described. I have played GoW/TDU/Fight Night and they all look as good as they did on my excellent CRT that's listed in my sig. You will always get two camps, one who love it and those who loathe it no matter what. But I think you will find that most here are able to distinguish that the 360 looks great on the Dell. Especially if you give it the best possible connect ie. VGA.

I have my set up exactly as you have described - Mac via DVI and 360 via VGA.

I just got my 2407FPW with my Optiplex 745 and I got an A03 model. I also have a 2405FPW, I can't the difference between the two...

I can see the 2407 has more even backlight, and slightly deeper blacks, but can't tell any other difference.

I just got my 2407FPW with my Optiplex 745 and I got an A03 model. I also have a 2405FPW, I can't the difference between the two...

I can see the 2407 has more even backlight, and slightly deeper blacks, but can't tell any other difference.

I finally pulled the trigger on a 2407 last night after reading all of the reports of the A04's going out...now this. Maybe it's still a lottery environment when it comes to these displays. I placed my order through Dell's higher education personal purchases program, so I hope that doesn't diminish my chances of getting an A04. I guess I will find out if it did or not later this week.

I ordered last Wednesday and got it on Friday. Came from Texas and it's an A04.
Awesome monitor so far, no complaints. Nice early birthday gift to my self. :D

Back