Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

I have an A04 and 1:1 works fine for me on all resolutions including 1600x1200.
Hello there!
Pred, from what I gather you have purchased your rev a04 from Supradictus via ebay.nl. I live in Belgium and want to buy it as well, but can you confirm this:
you have no problems with 1:1 on the model purchased from this shop? You have no greyed out options in menu like on the pics posted on thread's page 9, and everything works fine? If you say yes, I log on to ebay :D
Thanks !

Indeed I have. 1:1 works perfectly on DVI. I dont have anything here to test the 1:1 component fix tho so I can't be sure about that. And I only have those greyed out options when I run on native res which is not that weird since there is nothing to scale then.

I'v had good experiences with supradictus aswell. It delivered pretty quick and had no dead pixels.

Pred, thanks for your prompt answer:)
So, as I understand, if I was to play an older game which applies 1:1 scaling there would be two black bars on the sides of the screen and no image stretching?
By this sentence:
1:1 works perfectly on DVI. I dont have anything here to test the 1:1 component fix tho so I can't be sure about that
did you mean you have tested the 1:1 on the DVI and not on the VGA connections? And were you pleased with the image quality? From what I have read DVI kind of contributes to the famous banding issue, while there is no banding with VGA.
Or is there no banding whatsoever on rev a04?
I want to have my desktop connected via DVI and wonder how this would work out. Desktop is all I care about, no plans to get x360 :p

Hello!

Just received an exchange setup on Monday (19th) out of TN (am in Southern California) and it was a A03. Was hoping to get an A04.

Regards,

hbcsc153

Just thought i'd chime in (a little late, but oh well) and say that i ordered a 2407WFP while the sales were on about 2 weeks ago here in Australia (and received the screen a couple of days later). It's an A04 and looks gorgeous.

I use the screen for a lot of gaming (typically FPS games, RPG, and Strat/RTS, with the occasional racing or sports game), movies, web browsing, and some occasional dabbling in graphic design/photo editing.

I haven't taken the time to check if it's a S-IPS or PVA panel yet, but i can say with absolute certainty that it's a big jump in overall visual quality when compared to my 2007WFP. So regardless of being S-IPS or PVA it's a big improvement in my eyes, which helps justify the upgrade a little. ;)

I'm going to make a more detailed post in a minute, but figured I'd let this thread know first - I just received an A04 from the Tennessee distribution facility today!

Check my other thread (same title as this reply) for more details...

Indeed I have. 1:1 works perfectly on DVI. I dont have anything here to test the 1:1 component fix tho so I can't be sure about that. And I only have those greyed out options when I run on native res which is not that weird since there is nothing to scale then.

I'v had good experiences with supradictus aswell. It delivered pretty quick and had no dead pixels.

Pred, do you have a xbox360 or Playstation 3? If so, can you please test if the 1:1 feature works for those consoles?

Just thought i'd chime in (a little late, but oh well) and say that i ordered a 2407WFP while the sales were on about 2 weeks ago here in Australia (and received the screen a couple of days later). It's an A04 and looks gorgeous.

I use the screen for a lot of gaming (typically FPS games, RPG, and Strat/RTS, with the occasional racing or sports game), movies, web browsing, and some occasional dabbling in graphic design/photo editing.

I haven't taken the time to check if it's a S-IPS or PVA panel yet, but i can say with absolute certainty that it's a big jump in overall visual quality when compared to my 2007WFP. So regardless of being S-IPS or PVA it's a big improvement in my eyes, which helps justify the upgrade a little. ;)

not sure why, while i'm pretty sure the 2407's are all PVA's and no IPSes (which arent bad so i'm not sure why people are THAT angry about using PVA's sometimes) they all use the same generation IPS and PVA so i'm not sure why simply the bigger monitor would give a picture improvement.

Well after reading all the threads around here i was expecting a PVA, so i wasn't expecting any improvement in image quality. Which is why it surprised me when i noticed just how nice it looked when compared to the 20" (better viewing angles too).

I know that the 2407 has a higher contrast ratio to the 2007, but other than that.. for all i know they're using the same panel. Which doesn't explain why i can see an improvement in picture quality between the two. :confused:

Oh well :cool:

viewing angles? well that really is odd and doesnt make sense, since the IPS has the max viewing angles possible, and the two PVA's should just be the same. maybe you're just overall impressed by more screen area.

Well after reading all the threads around here i was expecting a PVA, so i wasn't expecting any improvement in image quality. Which is why it surprised me when i noticed just how nice it looked when compared to the 20" (better viewing angles too).

I know that the 2407 has a higher contrast ratio to the 2007, but other than that.. for all i know they're using the same panel. Which doesn't explain why i can see an improvement in picture quality between the two. :confused:

Oh well :cool:
Hi there, care to post some shots of the difference in viewing angle between the 2007 and the 2407? :D

Pred, do you have a xbox360 or Playstation 3? If so, can you please test if the 1:1 feature works for those consoles?
Nope. But why wouldn't it. A04 includes a 1:1 fix for component and it allready works for DVI and VGA. Not sure about composite inputs.

Also I haven't seen any noticeable banding, but I dont have much experience with lcd's or banding. I only know what it is because I read about it some time ago.

I have been following this thread and others on the 2407 as I wanted a new monitor. Saturday the 17th I pulled the trigger and purchased one. It arrived Tuesday. It is an A04. I do not know anyone at dell, I didn't ask for a specific model. All I can say is it is absolutely awesome!!! It is replacing my 2005FPW. No dead pixels. It is so much brighter then my old 2005. I was thinking of getting the 2707, but this is plenty big for me. I am not sure why some people are getting A03's ans some are not. I am very happy with my purchase.
Dell also sent me a coupon which I used to get it. $589.00 shipped. :D :D

I have a 2407 coming in today. I hope its a a04 or im gonna be pissed. Let you guys know.

The location it is coming from is NV.

On a side note, I know someone who ordered 42 of the 2407's last friday. He is so far reporting 22 - A04, 13- A03 received.

Hi guys,
I have 2407 since 5.januar, ordered 23.dec and ofcourse A03 revision. I dont understand why are you still writing about aspect ratio in VGA/DVI mode. I have this menu there and it works like expected. I tried also S-Video input and again Aspect was available. I cant test Composite/Component , dont have source.
Have I some "special edition":D or how to understand so much posts about Aspect ratio setting especially in VGA/DVA mode :confused:

Edit:
Yo, and I forgot I have awful backlighting in upper right corner. I can even see direction of light tube :(. I start using it after this "try" period of 14 days when I can return it. Can I send it back for exchange?

Hi guys,
I have 2407 since 5.januar, ordered 23.dec and ofcourse A03 revision. I dont understand why are you still writing about aspect ratio in VGA/DVI mode. I have this menu there and it works like expected. I tried also S-Video input and again Aspect was available. I cant test Composite/Component , dont have source.
Have I some "special edition":D or how to understand so much posts about Aspect ratio setting especially in VGA/DVA mode :confused:

Edit:
Yo, and I forgot I have awful backlighting in upper right corner. I can even see direction of light tube :(. I start using it after this "try" period of 14 days when I can return it. Can I send it back for exchange?

When you set the resolution to 1600 x 1200 on your PC, can your LCD do 1:1? If not, that's what A03 missing and fixed in A04 AFAIK.

Just got off the phone with Dell. Ordered 2407wfp for $677.44 shipped(620+tax). No coupons i just told him that a friend of mine got it with 20% off + free shipping. The guy was extremely cool. Did everything to get me the best deal. $589-shipped deal he said never existed. Requested A04 revision, and he said its DEFINITELLY going te be an A04 revision. He said thats pretty much what they are shipping now. He also upgraded to 2nd day shipping for free. Should be getting it sometimes next week. Must say, at this very initial stage, I feel extremely satisfied with Dell's service. :)

Just bought an A04 from someone ($575!!). I'm setting it up right now and will post a review after it's running.

what's the best way to hook a ps3 up to this sucker? I have an HDMI-DVI conversion cable, but I don't think it will go from HDMI to DVI (just the other way around)...

When you set the resolution to 1600 x 1200 on your PC, can your LCD do 1:1? If not, that's what A03 missing and fixed in A04 AFAIK.

Mine does 1:1 (2407WFP Jan07 RevA03) But is it (aspectratio) dependable of gfx-card? I have nVidia.

Just got off the phone with Dell. Ordered 2407wfp for $677.44 shipped(620+tax). No coupons i just told him that a friend of mine got it with 20% off + free shipping. The guy was extremely cool. Did everything to get me the best deal. $589-shipped deal he said never existed. Requested A04 revision, and he said its DEFINITELLY going te be an A04 revision. He said thats pretty much what they are shipping now. He also upgraded to 2nd day shipping for free. Should be getting it sometimes next week. Must say, at this very initial stage, I feel extremely satisfied with Dell's service. :)

Did you have to give him a name? Also, Does anyone think I could pull this off at a dell keyosk?

Anybody using the 2407 with XBox 360? Would u recommend this monitor for console gaming as well? I will be using it with the VGA cable and I do 60%XBox and 40% PC gaming.

TIA
Frag

Price sounds very tempting, especially now they are officially shipping A04 rev.

I am surprised that more peeps are getting the A04's now,and its a good thing,but getting one still isnt garunteed at this exact time.Dell is still shipping out A03's as of today.Its kinda of a lottery.

I got my 2407 A04 monday and now i'm having trouble with my component inputs. The first day i plugged my ps2 in and everything worked from the get go. Didn't look exceptional but 480p games were alright. So today I turned on my ps2 and the image was pinkish throughout. Didn't play with the display controls nor did I change the ps2 settings (display mode: component). I didn't move the ps2 or display. The cable is a pretty good one, 30 euros. Don't think it's that.
Other than that this is one exceptional display (759 Euro with zero-dead-pixel-guarantee, here in germany).
Perhaps you guys can help me, thanks!

Did you have to give him a name? Also, Does anyone think I could pull this off at a dell keyosk?

Did I have to give him my name? Yeah, i paid with my credit card. I did not get his name though. I did start the conversation with something like:" a friend of mine got the 2407wfp last week for 20%off + free shipping... can you match that" Right away i felt that the guy is an enthusiast cause he knew wtf i was talking about when mentioning aspect ratio and A04 revision, etc.... gave me free shipping too but upgraded to 2nd day air. Pretty cool :)

Back